Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What words can i use or say to bring my wife back home      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mary has Leggs
Msg: 87
What words can i use or say to bring my wife back homePage 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
She walked out on you and the kids??? Get yourself a lawyer!!!!!!!
Better shop around for a new personality also. Forget dating, your life belongs to the kids, be a father and a provider.
It might be good if you hold down the name calling in the future. You have burned your bridges MOVE ON.
 [ploklo
Msg: 88
What words can i use or say to bring my wife back home
Posted: 1/4/2006 1:23:25 PM
sounds to me like a frmale is going out of her way to make a man fell lil and like he needs to beg her back.well i think you need to show her ass the boot and move on with you like.
 EagleEric
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/18/2008 6:52:13 AM
Women will put up with abuse for a long time, but when they decide they're done, they're done. She's done with you pal, and you had better get used to it.

The Eagle
 akmusic
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/18/2008 9:30:26 AM
If you really want her back, and I mean really want her back, agree with her. Tell her that she is right on why she left, she will feel validated and than back off and do nothing. Right now you are on opposing sides, she is pissed at you, she has told you that you did this and that and you never listened. By agreeing with her you are coming over to her side, now you just changed the dynamics. Don't tell her your sorry, stop apologizing you had your chances in the past, no show her. Agree with her take her side, and watch her open up, then if you really want to keep your marriage go seek counseling so that you figure out how to communicate effectively. Relationships cannot run on auto-pilot they need constant care and time. Even if things are great initially there is no guarantee that they will stay that way, needs change and so should people.
 Patrick45015
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2011 11:49:51 AM
This is about SIX YEARS OLD! What's the point of acting like the op just posted this
 Fleuron
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/9/2011 1:18:13 PM

This is about SIX YEARS OLD! What's the point of acting like the op just posted this

Obviously everyone is paying close attention.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/9/2011 1:49:45 PM
Day-um......some people just have NO clue!

LOL...OP is probably moved on by now....GEESH people!

1234deleted1234
Msg: 101
Posted: 8/10/2011 7:33:00 PM
PEOPLE! THIS THREAD IS SIX YEARS OLD!

Can you people NOT realize that?

It's not like someone refreshed it with a new happening!
 ladyc4
Msg: 102
Posted: 8/11/2011 8:55:03 AM
I too noticed that the OT was back in 2005-and that the last post before the spate of fresh responses was like 3&1/2 yrs ago.
I did not read all 12 pages when I saw how old the topic was.
However, there is some relevance here because it's a situation that does arise in marriages and serious relationships...verbal abuse,emotional cruelty,and then the abuser boo-hooing because the SO exited the scene.
What struck me( and I admit I have not read all 12 pages for further dirt- oops,I mean DETAILS!), is that apparently the wife left the family home, even leaving behind her children. This makes me think that this verbal abuse/accusations/head games must have been pretty damn bad!
I think the only answer here is that the abandoned abusive spouse needs to get professional help. And that is for FUTURE interaction-if the children are in his custody, one has to be concerned with the verbal abusiveness being turned on the children. As far as "bringing my wife back home"- I think that ship has sailed and its' name was Titanic. She probably hasn't an ounce of love, respect, trust or confidence left in the OP,and returning to the marriage would feel like an exercise in long distance eggshell-walking. Who in their right mind would want to live like that?
Oddly enough, one of the classic elements of an abusive relationship is that the abuser DOES love their partner, and is so afraid of losing them that they try to undercut their partners' self-esteem, isolate them so that they have no escape, and continually accuse of cheating,because the ABUSER has no self-esteem and believes that the partner leaving is always an eminent threat. And the only way the abuser sees to prevent that is hypervigilance and continuous attempts to cripple the abusee emotionally.

I think it's probably a damn good thing that the woman left-I can't help but wonder if she didn't ( rightly so!) have concerns about the OP becoming PHYSICALLY abusive.

There are no words to be used or said that will bring the wife of this topic back home. She has fled a situation that she felt threatened her well-being and maybe even her safety.
Cindy O
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/12/2011 1:50:18 PM
This.

You were horrible to her. What you did is the very definition of emotional and psychological abuse. Aside from begging and pleading and generally making an ass of yourself further, have you actually DONE anything to change your ways? Have you seen a therapist? Talked to a counselor? Admitted to yourself you're an abuser? No?

Then she has no reason to trust or believe you. Instead of calling and pestering her, contact her one last time and tell her, "I was wrong. I was cruel. But I love you, and I'm going to show you I can be the man I should be for you." Then do whatever it takes to be that man. Don't just do enough to get her back, actually CHANGE. See a counselor, both individually and together. If you really care, you'll do it. Maybe she comes back, maybe she won't. You certainly don't deserve her. If she doesn't come back, then hopefully you won't be abusive to whatever woman you inflict yourself on next.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 2:45:56 PM
Probably a carryover from the other thread with something similar happening.
 Easygoin68a
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:42:14 PM
Try this out.. "Honey, I am going to therapy to work on (fill in the blank) issues, and I have deleted my dating profile on PoF.
 robincsra
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/13/2011 7:13:32 PM
You need to trust her. If you keep pushing and accusing someone of cheating eventually they may do it. You need to treat her like a lover and a friend not like a tool. Alot of us men do that I think in some cases probably being around the typical machoism habits of a controlling father. I think in alot of cases that is inherited behaviour but in some it could just be poor manners. I really dont want to offend you but I dont know what to tell because if you treat anyone like that they are going to run away.
 Ms_Snobby_Fussy_Knickers
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/21/2011 8:14:00 PM
Sorry isn't a word, it's an action. Don't tell her, show her by giving her the space she wants right now and talking to her with respect and consideration in the future. Maybe then in time she will see that you've changed and have a change in heart about not giving you another chance.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/21/2011 8:18:57 PM
OP- (having left the house) what words can you say or use???

I think your wife is full up with the words out of your mouth.

I cannot imagine she'd even wanna hear your ugly voice.

what makes people act like this?
 RenaissanceManSTL
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/21/2011 10:22:25 PM
@ Dog Mommy, that was FUNNY!!!!! LMMFAO!!!

To the guy that lost his wife. Um.... Insecurity is a MAJOR turn off for women. Ever hear about this thing called CONFIDENCE that women like? She probably was cheating on you. Sounds like you completely destroyed her self confidence, self worth and any part of her that felt beautiful, sexy or like a woman. My friend, I am not sure where you are located. YOU need a good shrink to help out with YOUR insecurities. Stop projecting YOUR insecurities on to your wife! I tell people nearly everyday not to project their BS on to me. You need to stop doing that to her. Do you REALLY think by saying sorry, she is going to forget? And I promise you she is right. You will NOT stop destroying her emotionally if she comes back. YOU, my friend, are the problem. Can you blame her for leaving? Or heaven forbid, cheating on you? Why would anyone stick around for that? You are trying to bring her down to YOUR level of insecurity. Instead, she appears to have said F YOU, and bully for her.

And what does your actions say to your children? What kind of example are you setting for them? Hey kids, a woman is a fat lazy pig and should be reminded every day of it? My man, may I ask why the F you are on here if you are married? It can't be for the advice. Although, mine as well as Dog Mommy's is right the F on. Is trying to date going to make you feel better? No. Is it healthy emotionally? No. Will it make her jealous? Maybe. And push her farther away and make EVERYTHING worse. More of the silly games people hate.

Maybe also you are projecting some feelings of guilt on to her as well. Something tells me that YOU have not always been faithful. Generally, when one behaves the way you have, it is because the were probably the ones that were not faithful.

The first thing you need to do is get a therapist. Do that TODAY! Second thing you need to do is back the F off and give her some space Stop harassing her. If you don't call her for a few days or even a week, she MAY begin to wonder and call you. Third thing, enable the spell check on your computer. ;)

Why did I elect the entertainment industry over psychology? Oh, I remember now. This is so much more fun than listening to peoples problems all day. Good luck Hommie. And back the hell off for a bit.
 cin____dy
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/26/2011 9:02:32 PM
Yes, sometimes, just backing off , respecting her feelings, helps. It sounds to me that you are trying to "control" the situation. This is mostl likely and issue. Respect her enough, love her enough, to let her make up her own mind.
You can not MAKE SOMEONE come home or back. Set her free and she might return.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What words can i use or say to bring my wife back home