Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BearGal
Msg: 67
Wierd sandwiches we ate as kids or anything else!Page 3 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
yum.. good choice
 BearGal
Msg: 68
Wierd sandwiches we ate as kids or anything else!
Posted: 2/2/2007 8:10:22 PM
I ate dog biscuts :) my dogs eat kleanex.. I ate soap *lol* so clean
 BearGal
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/2/2007 8:12:16 PM
sardines,oysters and cheese. olives and y'all need a goat. too. best cheese inthis world.
 hywman3p
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2007 10:59:55 PM
God my stomack turns lol But then again Cheese whiz &peanut butter------Peanut butter & dill pickles Yup yours may also lol
 Saiyuki_Reload
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/3/2007 12:36:40 AM
My fav sandwiches from my childhood were:

1. salt and vinegar crisp (chip) sandwich on white bread
2. Milo on white bread sandwich
3. vegemite and walnuts sandwich
4. mashed banana sandwich
5. my sister liked peanut butter and honey sandwich (I was always too scared to try it!)
6. left over spag bolognase in a sandwich MMMmmMMmmM yum!
7. lemon butter spread in a sandwich

NOW I AM HUNGRY
 lalalorz
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/3/2007 9:19:23 AM
my friend brings these sandwhichs for lunch all the time they have a special name and theyre just chocolate sprinkles on while bread... but its a dutch thing not french
 ActiveGirl16
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2007 2:09:43 PM
Peanut butter and green dill relish, on white or wheat. Peanut butter and dill pickle slices if no relish available
 meanweener
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2007 3:17:16 PM
as a kid all I remember eating was a worm, hell I didn't even eat a booger till I was 20 and that was because I did a line of coke that didn't absorb because of bad sinuses.. Lately though it's just peanut butter and jelly, with the dill pickles going on the jelly side, the potato chips on the peanut butter side and the cheese in the middle,, American cheese
 Littletot
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2007 4:29:15 PM
My fav was just Mayonaise(Helman's only) on white bread. This could be spruced up with onion.
Balonga was something to get worked up over in my house!! OMG its BOLOGNA!LUNCHMEAT !
Then that went on white bread with mustard.CHIPS were like a gold rush..they could go on ANYTHING.
I gotta try that Captain crunch thing..lol.
 GBrickson
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2007 12:17:42 AM
Scab sandwiches, pus on top,
A monkey's vomit and a camel's snot.
Pigeons' eyeballs rolled in goo.
Scab sandwiches are good for you.

But not for me...
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2007 12:04:39 AM
My Mom, bless her soul, used to make me one sandwich that I could never understand. She'd take those skinless/boneless "Millionaire" sardines, mash them up (so far so good, love those)....and then heavily butter the bread.

Can we get any more fats involved here ?

I was lucky my arteries didn't clog up by about grade seven.

One really good variation of that (without the butter) comes from a Hungarian friend's mother. Take those same sardines, and add some mayo (to make it into a dip consistency) , mash it all up , and flavour with paprika , to your level of taste.

Makes a great dip, and a decent spread.
 haywiresue
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/11/2007 8:51:37 PM
Before Ketchup chips came out - we made chip sandwiches and used white bread with butter and ketchup and then filled the bread with plain or ripple potato chips crunched down to get more in and then ate them.

Another chip sandwich variation was peanut butter instead of the ketchup and chips.
 fancynan60
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/16/2007 9:13:15 PM
fried bologna on white bread....taste good but not good for you. Sure wouldn't touch it now. I like a natural turkey sand w/ avocado, sprouts, fresh spinach on whole wheat topped w/ roasted red pepper tapinade!!! yum-yum!!!!! try it w/ pesto!! mmm, mmm, good!!!!
 fancynan60
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/16/2007 9:20:57 PM
fried bologna on white bread....taste good but not good for you. Sure wouldn't touch it now. I like a natural turkey sand w/ avocado, sprouts, fresh spinach on whole wheat topped w/ roasted red pepper tapinade!!! yum-yum!!!!! try it w/ pesto!! mmm, mmm, good!!!!
Posted: 4/9/2007 6:01:17 AM
We made plain ol French's mustard and Hellman's Mayo on soft white bread. It was better than a soup stone.
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/9/2007 1:30:40 PM
roast beast with peanut butter...hmm...peanut butter seems to be a pretty common theme here...
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/12/2007 8:50:12 AM
curlz,

A when a friend of mine was expecting she had a certain "craving". She would fry up about a pound of bacon until crispy, then reserve the fat in a pyrex bowl.
Once cooled she'd take a spoon and eat it.
 Brizo
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2007 3:41:56 PM

The weirdest one I indulged in about half a dozen times when a child was bread laced with lard and sprinkled with sugar. Yuk

You've just listed the ingredients for most frostings - no wonder you loved that as a kid....don't you remember when you were little you wanted corner piece with all the frosting, AND and extra rose or two? Now as adults we're sickened by too much sugar.....

I put chips on quite a few of my sandwiches too, or pickles, sweet or dill depending on the sandwich.....but judging the sidelong glances of my coworkers at lunchtime, it's not general practice.....so it's nice to read there are many others who also do this......
 kindacute
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/7/2007 6:37:17 PM
bread, butter and sugar

WakeDan
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/7/2007 6:46:17 PM
real butter, raw hamburger, and fresh chopped onions, sprinkle a little salt over the butter.

these days nobody does that, too scared of uncooked meat. But when i was a kid man that was good.
 davedave951
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/7/2007 7:28:13 PM
whipped cream from the can ( called real whip) and potato chips in between two slices of bread. I kid you not.

Peace
 vtecnique
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/7/2007 8:15:49 PM
What I would like to know now, is what possessed everyone to make these concoctions? Just a craving or being experimental?

Sometimes I do the whole chips-on-sandwiches, peanut butter & banana sandwiches, and miracle whip sandwiches but lately I've been eating rice & fish sauce. Or just putting fish sauce on anything.

That on mango is gooooood too!
 im outa here
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/7/2007 9:11:03 PM
margerine made with lard was called, Oleo, or a brand name of it. never ate it but my parents said it wasn't very good...as kids my dad would make Dagwood sandwiches. P B&J bologna,cheese,
mustard and pickles
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >