Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 115
Wierd sandwiches we ate as kids or anything else!Page 4 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
a girl i used to know way back when ate green onion and peanut butter sammiches...
speaking from the male point of view..."fluffer-nutter" sounds downright scary...
 susieq2007
Msg: 116
Wierd sandwiches we ate as kids or anything else!
Posted: 7/9/2007 1:40:08 PM
Well, my mother would make me a grilled cheese sandwich. That's all fine and good. It was a normal sandwich.

I would cut it into small squares and DROWN the squares in ketchup.

'know why?

My mom would never buy the ravioli in a can for me so I was making substitute ravioli for myself using the grilled cheese sandwich and the ketchup.

Yummy!
 Miss W
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/12/2007 12:44:13 PM
Cannibal sandwiches! That's what we called them when my grandpa made these from ground steak, but with thinly sliced onion, not chopped.

Good eatin'! Haven't had one in ages since the e coli scare....we used to ask that the beef be double ground. We liked to have them with thinly sliced purple on ions and a sprinkling of Lawry's seasoned salt and freshly ground pepper on a good rye. We would have it with a very cold glass of buttermilk or a cold beer. Ah nostalgia and definitely a mid-west thing...my parents were from Chicago and I used to have a BF who was originally from Wisconsin and his family used to eat these too.
 sentuallady
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2007 12:15:20 PM
when we were kids we used to eat mustard and sugar sandwiches I know it sounds grose and no I do not eat them anymore lol
 venusflytrap
Msg: 120
Posted: 7/26/2007 11:03:04 PM
Homemade bread with peanut butter on both sides and ripple chips and chocolate chips in the middle
 scorpiomover
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2007 10:00:15 AM
Potato sandwiches. Take a baked potato, wait till it gets cold, eat the skin, squash the insides, put between 2 pieces of bread, and voila! You have the perfect sandwich.
 curlygrl
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2007 10:32:41 AM
The weirdest sammitch? LOL!

When I was younger, I would partake of "herbal refreshment" on an almost daily basis. I'm still amazed I can recall my junior and senior years of high school.

My friends and I were blazing at my house one day, and there was nothing in the pantry except a loaf of 7 grain bread. So I looked in the fridge. Nothing suited me, but there was a jar of Pace picante sauce.

Yes... we made picante sauce sammitches on 7 grain bread.

Ah... good times, good times.

justforums~
 Naughtical
Msg: 124
Posted: 8/5/2007 3:05:15 PM
I have always been a cheese freak. My favorite sandwich was a VERY thick slice of Velveeta between two slices of white bread.......nothing else.
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/5/2007 3:23:07 PM
when i went to trade school in brampton...my daily nourishment consisted of two slices of 2for1 pizza...(pepperoni mushrooms and ham... i think...i aint sure)...and a 26 oz bottle of rye whiskey...dont ask me how i survived college at age 41...but i aced all my subjects
 WaikikiWahine
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2007 4:17:40 PM
I'm with you, Naught...total dyed-in-the-wool cheese freak. Speaking of "freak", why the heck is Velveeta so freakin' expensive?
 WaikikiWahine
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2007 12:01:49 PM
Well, I guess some of these seem odd to me and some sound nummy. I thought peanut butter, mayo and lettuce was weird! Not so much, it seems. Never had the PB and Fluff sangie, but it does sound very edible.

A lot of us like the sweet/savory combos, though? For me, the butter/sugar sandwich was only on sick days home from school, and yes, on white bread. Such a treat. Mom used to spread butter and sprinkle sugar on pancakes, too. Also yummy.

I guess a bologna sandwich on white with mayo and a bowl of chicken noodle soup was the real "sick day" meal for me!
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2007 12:55:42 PM
....My Great Grandmother actually used to butter a piece of bread...and then fold brown sugar into it...Was the greatest thing as a kid..but she never fed us more than one at a time...She didn't have the time to scrape us off the ceiling....LOL
 WaikikiWahine
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2007 3:18:33 PM
Oh, Lady, the chopped beef and cream cheese with a Claussen? Heaven!

WW
 TodaysCatch
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2008 8:57:41 PM
So many oddball offerings here. Who were the mothers that packed THOSE lunches? And have any of the Grammar Police (you know who you are) mentioned that "Wierd" is misspelled?

Me, I just had the usual stuff, like liverwurst, sauerkraut and limburger w/corn chip layer on pumpernickel.
A bit smelly, but tasty with things to pick out of yer teeth later. Ohhh . . . I just flashed on a less-than-wonderful date
 Celtic_Angel
Msg: 132
Posted: 4/28/2008 12:30:50 PM
Peanut butter and dill pickle, Peanut butter and bacon, Peanut butter and lettuce. Canned corned beef mixed with mustard and mayonaise and spread on rye bread.
 Coach Andrew
Msg: 133
Posted: 4/28/2008 1:34:25 PM
Back in the 70's, when I was in college, and indulged in, shall we say, "certain substances," I sometimes created some rather bizarre concoctions to satisfy the cravings induced by such indulgence. My most favorite bizarre, open sandwich consisted of very toasted rye bread (for extra crunchiness), with American cheese on top, then cream cheese, and then.... Wheat Chex, then placed in a toaster oven until the cheeses were melting. My dorm mates could always tell what I'd been up to when I was making these.

More recently, I experienced a version of the infamous Elvis sandwich at Peanut Butter & Company in Greenwich Village. Peanut butter, banana and bacon on bread grilled in butter -- my cholesterol is rising just thinking about it!
 FrenchFry09
Msg: 135
Posted: 11/1/2008 5:11:33 PM
I grew up eating chocolate sprinkles on a sandwich....can't tell I'm Dutch. lol As I got abit older I realized it was even better with peanut butter as well as the chocolate sprinkles. Just like a peanut butter cup sandwich....YUM... haven't had that in many years!!
 jadegreen
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2008 4:41:25 PM
Egg sandwich! Is that weird or what? It was basically scrambled egg on bread....
 zoe1985
Msg: 140
Posted: 11/4/2008 7:34:32 AM
ketchup sandwiches....and bacon sandwiches
 yllwgt2001
Msg: 141
Posted: 11/6/2008 5:01:37 PM
Sweet pickles sliced long ways with mayo on white bread. Still do it. LOL
 Hawk8414
Msg: 145
Posted: 11/8/2008 5:17:52 PM
I remember p food as we called it. Ketchup sammiches and egg sandwiches. I was always so embarrassed to eat that even today.
We would also eat something I loved to death. It was Called Koogle Peanut Butter! Does anyone remember that stuff? OMG< it was so good. Later the other peanut butter companies started making that and selling it. I nearly wiped it out because we bought so much! I wish they would bring it back. there were three flavors, peanut butter/ chocolate, cinnamon apple flavor and something like a fruit flavor with peanut butter . OMG I want some right now!
 TodaysCatch
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2008 8:28:45 PM
When the dating trip gets you down, ya just come home to this thread. Weird eats? That's way better than weird people.

I hated fish until I ate it raw in my twenties, and have loved it ever since. I hated it because ma used to make tuna casserole with hot, salty, nasty canned tuna, and she'd make us finish it or we couldn't go to bed (no surprise she didn't win any mother-of-the-year awards). Not to hiljack the thread, but was anyone else a victim of food torture? Bring it OT by telling us what evil food was used to torment you.
 swtsunlvr
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2008 11:38:51 AM
I still eat peanut butter with dill pickle sandwiches.
When I was real little my mom caught me eating mustard sandwiches.It's been a joke in the family all these years.The sad truth is that was all there was ,just bread and mustard.The funny part was that I made one extra and "hid" it for later. Even at 3 years old I was protectng myself.
 Johnny Fearless
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2008 4:41:56 PM
Sometimes when I came home from school, I would make these little "sandwiches" with saltine crackers and butter. That's it. Pretty disgusting now that I think back to it, but I was probably 7 or 8 at the time.
 mik1950
Msg: 150
Posted: 4/9/2009 3:47:05 PM
a girl i used to know sometimes made peanut butter and green onion sandwiches...eww
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >