Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tinkle
Msg: 2
Intelligent Superiority in a relationship?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
With a dumb person, I would have fun teaching, with a smart person I would have fun learning. Actually you can do both with either category in different degrees.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Intelligent Superiority in a relationship?
Posted: 11/21/2005 6:53:23 AM
I've got problems when it comes to ladies with labotomies.
 black biker
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/21/2005 6:54:42 AM
It doesnt really matter to me just as long as we are both happy in the relationship
 sddude
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/21/2005 7:21:48 AM
I want her to be smarter so my peabrain can take a rest .
 Songblaze
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/21/2005 11:11:15 AM
I like smart people. I'll admit it. As a friend of mine once said, "Brains are sparkly!"

HOWEVER -

I don't feel the need to 'compare' constantly. I've dated someone who, if I really thought about it, probably wasn't quite as 'smart' as I am. He had a huge amount of knowledge in his field, and a passion to learn more - THAT made him interesting. Not being smart, but desiring knowledge/learning, and having knowledge/learning I didn't have. I don't think I could date someone within my field (Medieval history) because there wouldn't be enough /different/ knowledge. I like having someone who I can teach AND learn from. More itneresting that way.
 Swiftone
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2005 7:34:10 PM

look for wisdom and wit in a man....in other words, that he be interesting and passionate about life. I don't necessary want to hear a dissertation on quantum physics. However, I would love to debate the politics and ethics of time travel. (See the difference?)

... I'm trying, but I was observing the other quantum particle.... now I find myself off on a completely different tangent....

stilllookingforyou2
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/21/2005 7:36:04 PM
Well, if she's less, I'm not gonna be with her anyways, unless she's good in bed. I'll use her for sex...
 Swiftone
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2005 7:36:42 PM

I knew a smart girl once. She was a reader. She went on and on about star-bellied sneetches and three-handled family gredunzas and other stuff I just couldn’t understand. I had to break up with her 'cause she was always talking over my head.

Damn that Dr. Suess.... those Sneetches on Beaches always gets me too....

jjr2001
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/21/2005 11:39:14 PM
i like it when the other person has more knowledge in other areas than my areas of expertise (if i have one at all! )... that way we can both learn from each other and it makes conversations a lot more interesting IMO.
 kikilynn
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/22/2005 12:19:38 AM
In the middle of discussing messing with the human genome, you might hear me ask if my ass looks fat in these genes.

As I feel that this joke was sadly overlooked...
I'm going to revive it. I think its hilarious!
Thanks Sweet n Sassy...

OT:
I need a man who is intelligent, and who is intelligent enough to appreciate my intelligence.
He will not feel intimidated by me, and I won't feel intimidated by him either, we'll be on equal playing ground.
 Tinkle
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/22/2005 3:56:47 AM
"so ignorant or arrogant? lol :)"

Ya, or just willing and open for either. You're the one that used superiority not me:)
 xpxpk
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/22/2005 4:30:30 AM
It's not level of intelligence, it's how you use it.

A wasted mind is a wasted mind regardless of IQ.
 xpxpk
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/22/2005 4:43:50 AM
Why, because one is a musician and one was a scientist?

Both music and science have value in society.
 SmartAlec
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2005 5:07:51 AM
xpxpk- exactly my sentiments!
 Tinkle
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/22/2005 7:49:56 AM
""did you know that liam gallagher has a higher IQ than albert Einstein, now thats what i call a waste :)""

Think i heard somthin like that a long time ago. Not sure if it's true. gallagher is smart though. Atleast that is, unless I'm dumb and he is only not as dumb.
 flyguy51
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/23/2005 12:05:45 AM
Some women cannot relate to me in a way necessary for a relationship, and super-smart women tend to be stress-cases, from what I've seen. Either extreme is kind of a buzzkill...
 Wikster
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/23/2005 12:56:13 AM
ricka,

This is actually a pretty good thread. :-) Here is my position.

One day I was meditating and in a moment of complete stillness and neutrality within. I had come to realize something profound unto myself.

In all things I am somewhere between one and six point three billion (est) people on this earth. Yet in one thing I am something that those six point three billion could never be.

To me it matters not what an individuals level of intelligence is as much as, it matters about who they are as people. We don't need to hold our ego's out for anyone and I'm not contending that you or anyone else is either. I am just saying that to me it isn't that big of a deal if I happened to be smarter or (more likely) considerably less intelligent then my partner. No person has that power to define me. I do that by my beliefs, actions and accumulated experience here on earth. For me to consider the idea that I would know enough about you, your beliefs and your experience to make an assumption of intellect or intelligence would be ludicris.

But hey, thats just me :-)
 Frrosty
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/24/2005 1:55:26 PM
I don't care..as long as it works; it's cool.
 aznjoe
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/24/2005 2:39:34 PM
I only got a vocational education but I think intelligent woman are very much a turn on the less i can understand the more I listen and ask questions. *laughs* I'm so odd!!! Ok so you're with someone you totally understand at your lvl of intelligence what can be said if you both know where it's going. But then maybe it's not about intelligence because in bed the body talks and the mind melts.
 vivienne3
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Intellectual Superiority in a relationship?
Posted: 11/24/2005 3:25:21 PM
The body fades but the mind remains. I would rather know that I will be spending my days with someone with whom I may converse. Sex is great, but it's not everything. To spend time with someone who has less intelligence than a small kitchen appliance would be agony. To be intellectual does not mean that you are book learned, but you do have a quest for knowledge which you actively persue. The quest for knowledge separates you from the rest. It will also keep you young. As Dolly Parton once said, "dumb blonde jokes don't bother me, I'm not dumb, nor am I blonde".
 Thudpucker
Msg: 89
Intellectual Superiority in a relationship?
Posted: 11/24/2005 4:59:37 PM
I like her strong and intelligent and witty and wily; add a little vulnerability, and mix well. I love her and she loves me, and we complement each other well. Who could ask for a better combination? . . . and she found me right here in the pond while I was sitting on my lily pad watching for mosquitos!

. . . . . . . . . . . \/ \/ Attagirl, Bucs!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/24/2005 5:08:02 PM
Well I'm involved with a wonderful man and neither of us has a need for superiority in any aspect. We compliment each other, he knows more about some areas than I do and vice versa. We just enjoy the fact that together, we have a greater pool of knowledge than either of us would have alone. We don't need or desire to prove superiority in any way.
 britenblue
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/24/2005 10:37:01 AM
Smart is good and sexy. Dumb is dumb anywhere. How much can you learn from a dummy-not much. The old adage: CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS VERY CAREFULLY applies here. If you associate with smart people you get smarter. Don't waste your time, life is short. Smart is always the way to go ! You may not get what you want but you will learn something ! Some of the smartest people I know have NO long strings of letters behind their name. And some do.
Everyone can play this game ! Just go with people that are smarter than you no matter who you are. Even the dummies can play ! It's a win-win situation for all !
 shelleybear
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/24/2005 10:59:05 AM
Miss Phd.
Rule number one.
"Tab A" in "Slot B" only lasts for a limited amount of time.
Eventually, you are going to have to talk to your partner.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >