Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 52
Why are guys attracted to confident women?????Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
im attracted to a confident woman cuz i know the chances of having
to change her diapers is radically reduced....
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 58
Why are guys attracted to confident women?????
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:35:32 PM
guys are attracted to confident women because it means that they will not have to worry about them clinging on to them. I think people are attracted to confident people in general but a lot of times confidence is confused with arrogance. Confidence is also being humble and not having to put airs of superiority infront of others, be it in they way one acts or the way one speaks. When people act or talk in a contrived way, they are really hiding their feelings of inferiority.
 arri
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:48:05 PM
we like confident women ... because sex is better .. pure and simple
 arri
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/27/2005 3:44:59 PM
^^^ Don't ever mistake shyness for lack of confidence .. or maybe .. he is looking for a woman who is confident enough to make the first move instead of just sitting there ... looking pretty
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2005 6:08:41 PM
Strong confident women are attractive to men in the same way women like a strong confident man. I love women that arent a doormat. that are strong willed and wont take sh!t from anyone. It doesnt mean they cant be feminine at the same time. its just they have a low tolerance for crap. Same as i do.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/30/2005 7:05:33 PM
Personally i am not attracted to confident women...When i dated in my 20s was attracted to stable women...BIG difference...A stable women tend to go with a stable guy...Where a so call confident women love those MR.JERKS...These women scare me!!!!..A stable woman do not have time with MR.JERK!!!
 Fifi47
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/20/2006 8:42:25 AM
Confidence means a woman wants a man, she does not need one (at least most of the confident women I know). I am a confident woman, but most of the men I have met seemed to think this is odd, since I am not tall, beautiful and divorced with children...for some reason the fact that I am short, plump, cute and single seems to mean that I cannot be cofident?
 Rebellious
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:21:47 AM
I love strong assertive women, and I wonder if I can date an insecure woman and transform her into a confident woman . . . Is it possible?
 Fifi47
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:27:15 AM
why does being shy have to do with being confident? Loud or verbose women are not always confident.
 crazymoronx
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:51:33 AM
I don't know what kind of freak of nature guys you know, but usually guys aim for the low self-esteem, or the "easy target" women.

Unless by confident, you mean hot. I guess you could mean that. That is just because men are pigs. Well not me, but other men I mean. Ok, I'm a pig too.
 colt8301
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/6/2006 10:51:31 PM
You don't need that much zoloft with a girl with self-esteem and confidence.
 SweetCheeksSD
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2006 11:33:04 AM
First of all...I think you're a very pretty woman. So, I hope you continue up that ladder of self confidence. I wish the best of luck with it.

I've been there. I am still not confident in who I am on the outside...but the fact that I'm soo confident in who I am on the inside over weighs that for a joke. Therefore, I'm able to just be who I am...wether or not I like the outside. Just because I don't like the outside doesn't mean others don't. Afterall, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't think it's that we don't get noticed when lacking confidence...I think it's more of a matter of us changing why we're getting noticed. I know for me, if I saw anyone look my way. I said it had to be because there was something wrong with the way I look. It took me many years to get where I am today, but none the less it's worth it. We tend to apreciate things more if we've done without them and experienced life without them. You know?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2006 4:20:28 PM
Confident people are more attractive, not in the physical way, but in the mental/emotional way in that they're less needy. Who wants to hang around with someone who's needing constant affirmation?
 redviking
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2006 6:02:47 PM
Some guys like to have the "little lady" who always has to lean on him for support with her insecurities.

The rest of us don't want to constantly be shoring up someone else's sense of self-esteem or having to be her surrogate dad. How can you have a partnership of equals when one "partner" is always in need of something from the other?

Don't get me wrong- I like to feel protective of her in a certain sense, and she doesn't have to always be 100% confident about everything (be honest... anyone who says or acts like they are always confident- about everything- is either putting on an act, is arroagnt and self-righteous... or is arrogant and self-righteous in an attempt to cover up the fact that the very core of their being is totally riddled with insecurities). But I also couldn't be with her if I always felt like she'd just fall apart if I wasn't there.

Simplified- I guess it's the same reasons women want "men" and don't want "boys".
 Thunderstormz59
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/7/2006 8:10:01 PM
I think confident women are sexy.
 Krystaldiamond
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/8/2006 11:36:45 PM
Alot of men want a mate/date/friend they can be proud of and that has a mind/brain of her own. She is more interesting to talk to, is fun to be around and is not draining typically. These type of women are exciting and you never have a dull moment with them, or so I have been told.
 SweetCheeksSD
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2006 1:00:37 PM
I think if we were all confident. I mean, whole heartedly confident. No doubts in anything about us...that'd make us pretty damn close to perfect.... AND there's no such thing as a perfect person as far as I'm concerned. We all have our imperfections...wether it be insecurities about who we are on the inside or out...

None the less...we are who we are. Reguardless of what others think, we have to care for ourselves as we are. What we don't like, we can work on. Right?
 Fifi47
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/15/2007 7:13:32 AM
I think a lot of men like a certain type of confident woman. I am a native Southerner, and the type of man that I date is usually not a native Southerner. I tend to be upfront, honest, feisty at times and for some reason the Southern men who like me are passive and want someone to take charge, nope not for me, I take charge of children all day at work and at times want a man to take charge.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/30/2009 8:46:03 AM
Because we the confident women of the world tell them to be.
And everyone knows maleable men will do anything that a strong, bold, bossy, confident woman tells them to do.
And if she's a cougar?

They'll beg to be told what to do, when, where and how.

(this post is entirely wise ass and should not be considered a matter of serious discussion as it is YEARS old and antiquated, I refuse to take recycled topics seriously.)
 sacstuff760
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/30/2009 8:55:55 AM
Confident men attract more women.
Confident women attract more men.

Just human nature, there's a strength in that people are attracted to.
 birdii76
Msg: 113
Posted: 2/5/2012 3:13:31 AM
Because you have come to be comfortable in who you are and what you resonate, so this resonates more!!
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/5/2012 5:13:59 AM
Of course opposites attract, or a more Jungian view would be: "We seek our shadow self"...perhaps the 2 dichotimous people make a very functional, cohesive whole unit
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 115
Posted: 2/5/2012 6:42:35 AM
Confidence is sexy, it shows your happy within yourself.
 --Zen--
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/2/2012 12:36:59 AM
It seems no one wants to admit the truth. Opposites attract and it is more so with confidence than any other aspect. Two magnets with same polarity will not stick together
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >