Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 good kitty
Msg: 46
Live within 75 miles??Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I've changed my profile at the OP suggestion
:-)
Let's see if a fine southern chap shall swipe me off my feet and straight to his county - LOL
 MeereKat
Msg: 51
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 7/10/2008 9:01:30 AM
I'll Jump as far as Necessary to find Happiness..!!!
The only Other option is 20,000 miles...!!!
Isn't that 3/4ths the way around the Planet...???
12,000 would be sufficient....in ANY direction...wouldn't it...??

It _Would_ be helpful to offer a few more options....say...100...250...500 miles..
...wouldn't it...???
 CherylCake
Msg: 52
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 7/10/2008 9:28:52 AM
I see the long distance thing as a sort of a foreign exchange program, except we stay where we are. I've met many fabulous folks overseas, and it enriches your life. We'll probably never meet, but all things must pass eventually anyway. Nothing really lasts, so enjoy people while they're in your life. Just cuz you're not gonna be in heaven with me doesn't mean I can't enjoy your company while I'm here.
 ripley65
Msg: 53
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 7/10/2008 1:29:16 PM
When i was actively looking, i had a specific distance on my profile. I wasnt (and still would chose not to) into long distance dating. Much rather 'date' someone on a more regular basis that you cant really do when the person lives too far. Granted, there may be some really great men who live outside my area, but thats the chance id be willing to take.
 TravelByYacht
Msg: 54
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 7/11/2008 10:25:32 AM
i agree with the poster that said there should be other mileage options, c'mon POF admin, give us a 100 mile option! or just let us type in however many.
75 miles from me just touches the outskirts of Tampa, it would be nice to include the whole Tampa metro area as well which I would be willing to do if the girl was really special. But further than that with $4 gas, hell no!
 congo123
Msg: 55
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 7/11/2008 1:31:16 PM
That's not the block that bothers me. It's all the others !
 indehills
Msg: 56
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 7/11/2008 5:02:58 PM

Why limit yourself to your own city?

Why not? My last LTR lived roughly 500 FEET from me, and we had never met until we met online.

It's all personal preference. I'm not sure I could deal with living in a different city from someone. I wouldn't see them often enough. But who knows.
 hardcandylick
Msg: 57
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 7/11/2008 5:20:56 PM
I gave this a lot of thought a few months ago. The fact is that where I am in life is not where I plan to stay forever, whether we are talking location wise, intellectually, emotionally or what have you or I, in this case. There's just too many places that I haven't seen or done yet. I would not limit my love choices to just my town or limit anything to just one town. I was lucky enough to visit some places that I love and hate, but with each travel came a lesson: there is no happiness in standing still or in complacency. And for me, that's how I open my options in finding someone. If she happens to be down the street, then great! If she expects me to make a life here though, she'll be disappointed. If she was across the world, then I wouldn't dismiss the possibilities of wanting to meet with her. To see if we could have something more.

I guess that's what I don't want to do: limit my possibilities. Fvck reality. My reality is what I make it anyways. For if the potential of love is so powerful, then why would you place limits on it? For a job? No thanks. People are laid off all the time or have their pension thrown out by a judge. For family? I love mine dearly, but they have found love already. So eventually I must search for mine. For friends? I haven't talked to my best friend in years. But one phone call and it'd be like we never lost touch.

I also like talking to people from different cultures and countries, so my settings are practically maxed out.

Now is it possible to find someone and sustain a relationship over a great distance? I'm not sure about that. Some of the greatest love affairs happened over distance, but those were in different times. Me? I'll venture my @ss farther down than the front door. Besides, it's too fvckin' hot here anyways.
 Websmith
Msg: 58
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 7/11/2008 10:49:51 PM

Let's see if a fine southern chap shall swipe me off my feet and straight to his county - LOL

Ahem. I've got a broom and a dustpan... Have you decided to move to Cincinnati yet?
 countrymanisgentle
Msg: 59
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 7/12/2008 5:32:54 AM
"Are you counting yourself as 'nice, decent, average'?"

No. I always HAVE been, am NOW , and always WILL BE a nice, decent, average guy!

"... just because you want to wear a dress and do my housework doesn't even make you anywhere near to average!"

There you go using that women's LIB E. S. P. again thinking you can see all , know all, think all......whoops, did I just say you think; sorry my mistake!

I wouldn't do your housework if you gave me a million dollar lottery ticket. Besides, I am not like you; you are searching for your free milliom dollar meal money ticket$$$ Good luck in finding the male that will give it to you!

"Now tell me what about MY attitude what is 'sucky' to that?"

Simple:.............EVERYTHING!!!

"I couldn't wait to block you."

Actions just like the "typical" female: SORT, UNREAD, DELETE, BLOCK!
 picmenc
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 7/12/2008 6:06:34 AM
75 Miles is a pretty good distance. I have tried that at times but, what use is it when women in the 25 & 50 mile don't even have the courtesy to answer a message sent to them, even if it's " no thanks ".

Char
 usndmartin
Msg: 61
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 7/12/2008 9:54:12 AM

I see many profiles that have a distance limit in their settings. Anyone living outside that cannot even contact you to say hi. Why limit yourself to your own city? the planet is huge and has over 6 billion of us. If you have not found your mate in your 75 mile circle...why not expand?
Just my take. I am a one who is not afraid to travel to find that perfect match. What if that special person is coming to your city soon for a visit and may be up for relocating?

I couldnt agree more! If thats the case why are you here? Get ur lazy butt out of the chair and get out lol. What Im finding is they will settle for someone in the back yard because thats where thier perfect match is. or so they think, then complain as to why it didnt work out.
 augman
Msg: 63
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 7/21/2008 3:23:38 AM
There the once thats still single that have the 75 miles limit LOL
 Mr__Ed
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 7/21/2008 2:46:12 PM
The mileage issue has a strange twist in my area. There are a lot of people who live within a reasonable number of miles from me if I plan to swim across an international border. Otherwise I have to drive an hour north to Detroit and south (yep, south) into Canada.
 StealingPrinceCharming
Msg: 65
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 8/31/2008 7:21:35 PM
Saty within 75 miles to see old pictures and wait for others else to become singles
 superbadzzz
Msg: 66
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:21:07 PM
why can't POF's servers narrow it to finding someone within 75 feet of you?
 aprilfaery
Msg: 67
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:52:38 PM
For me personally it is because I will not relocate at this point in my life. I want some one within my general area that would not have to leave their children, family, job, etc... to move to be with me since that would be the only option. I have two sons who I try to keep close enough to their father that the opportunity is there for him to be an active part of their life even ifhe never exercises that option.
 kane stays
Msg: 68
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:05:56 PM
Well, all things considered, gals get a MILLION emails a day,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now I'm mad!! Which one of you Ladies are stealing my mail!!! I have to go to work now but when I get back I better see the name of my mail thief!!
 ksenia1
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 9/1/2008 8:01:16 PM
For some people its hard enough to get together when you live in the same city:what with kids, work(I have a weird schedule sometimes), why make it harder than it needs to be.Saying that, I don't have a distance set on mine, but it would not be feasable to really get to know someone who isnt close to where I live.Don't believe you can learn everything you need to know just from chatting/emails, real life encounters are better as that is when chemistry is apparent.
 degostyle
Msg: 70
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 9/1/2008 9:49:03 PM
I am the king of long distance..I met my ex fiance in a chat room back in 2002 and I ended up moving to washington state for her and I was in chicago and we lasted nearly 5 years. I dont care where someone lives or how old they are (legally), if my sould mate is on the other side of the country, I will go there. Your happiness is more important than someone being, say, 100 miles away. People need to stop being picky. Your on a dating site, that alone should tell you whatever you being selective about isnt working!
 Cynderella
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 9/1/2008 10:23:37 PM
It's truly a small world and I would go to the ends to find my soul-mate!

No boundaries
 MeereKat
Msg: 72
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 9/2/2008 9:05:34 AM
Unfortunately, My 'Diversify some Options...' thread was closed....
My opinion...:
There needs to be more than ~2~ choices for 'Distance'.....
Make sense of them, yourselves...
I won't elaborate any further...
 Gourmetchef50
Msg: 73
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 9/2/2008 9:11:12 AM
99 TIMES OUT OF 100..THE LONG-DISTANCE THINGYS NEVER WORK..
 EagleEric
Msg: 74
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 9/2/2008 9:11:24 AM
Well I'll have to have the Lear Jet readied at the airport to expand my horizons!

The Eagle
 carrela
Msg: 75
Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 9/2/2008 9:21:46 AM

If you have not found your mate in your 75 mile circle...why not expand?

Some of us would rather be single than get involved in long distance relationships. Some of us are a little too realistic for the fantasy of a long distance relationship. Some people like the safety in long distance relationships because it means they don't have to deal with the person, it keeps the other person at arms length so naturally there are people who want to deal with another person and allow them to get closer. Just my opinion...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >