Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > would you date someone who is handicaped?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Violet Tigress
Msg: 248
would you date someone who is handicaped?Page 20 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Thanks for the laugh.
 northwildwoodnjman1969
Msg: 249
would you date someone who is handicaped?
Posted: 12/6/2007 1:44:29 PM
Unfortmately I totaly agree with you on that. Nobody wants to date people with deformities or handicappes. I was born with a radical clubbed hand, I am missing a pinky finger on my left hand. On my right hand I am missing a thumb, and I an also blind in my left eye. All from birth. I have the same problems trying to meet women.. All they want is to be friends and nothing more. I'm sick of it, just because we have handicapps and deformities doesn't mean we don't have the same sexual desires as people who don't have degormities and handicappes. Come on people give us a chance to show you that we are just like anybody else.
 Kee2
Msg: 250
Posted: 12/8/2007 5:29:00 AM
Yes. I would, but I guess it would depend on the physical handicap as well, but that doesn't kill it for me if I really like someone. I have been in relationships with women with some kind of physical disability before and the disability wasn't the problem.
 MissyKWFL1980
Msg: 251
Posted: 12/8/2007 7:02:12 AM
Hmmmmm,maybe if they let me use their parking sticker. (kidding)
i would not consider a handicap in dating or not dating a person, its all about their personality and the chemistry between us.
 jmac61
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2009 6:27:05 PM
my husband had a bka it never diminished my feeling for him.we were together for 8 years when he had an industrial accident he was38 when it happened and the courage and strength he showed was amazing he tought himself how to use his prosthetic to ride his motorcycle again unfortunately he died 8years later . the only real problem he ever had was there wasn't a prosthetic he didn't end up breaking with his enthusiasum for life. so to all you handicap people out there. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!
 guyot
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2009 9:16:35 AM
Of course I would. My best relationships have all been with women who had disabilities.
 Violet Tigress
Msg: 254
Posted: 1/28/2009 1:08:54 PM
Gordee, I wouldn't exactly put a bad heart or a lung problem in the same category as greed & deceit.
 woodarama1
Msg: 255
Posted: 3/23/2009 1:25:30 PM
i am "handicaped" and yes i hate that word TO! if the first thing you see is the wheelchair, as in my case, then you are very shallow! we can offer alot to anyone and i bet more than most! we know things about life that most people can't even fathom. when you look in the mirror one day and then the next day you wake up in a hospital bed paralized do you see the same person? i bet you do and after awhile the person you see is better than before! everyone should realize this. we may not be able to walk but hey aren't there alot of people that can't even carry a conversation LOL. i rather be with someone i could talk to rather than a person that how can i put this nicely??? how about just plain stupid! that's my take on that wonder what you all think of that?
 myxlmynx
Msg: 256
Posted: 1/7/2010 8:55:48 PM
Having previously dated women with physical disabilities, I would date someone with a physical disability. Some of them have the best character and biggest hearts I have ever seen.
 MissSarah25
Msg: 257
Posted: 1/11/2010 1:54:34 PM
Wow, what are great question. I have dated a guy and have remained friends with him. He was born with cerebral Palsy so one side of his body is shorter than the other side. It never bothered me and still doesnt. He is healthy other than the obsticales of pain when cold weather hits, or the unbalanceness he has sometimes. We have been friends for almost 10 years. He can drive and play darts and loves football. I think if you can accept the person and accept that they have a physical handicap and believe that you can handle it and try it is amazing. We broke up because we both were on different pages of life. He was 24 and I was 19. Just at college and he was really needy. But we broke up mutually and have remained friends ever since. I am glad I took the risk and tried dating him despite the handicap. He's fun and has the most amazing smile. Anyways, I think you have to be comfortable with what the other is going through and voice your concerns and talk about things. The people whom have their handicap are uaually ok with answering those concerns and questions u may have. They usually would rather have u ask then not ask and just assume. I dont regret my decision on taking that step to get to know the person and who he is. I looked passed his handicap. I hope everyone good luck and make good decisions. Because people with handicaps need love too and want that family and kids. So be nice.
 guyot
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2010 10:40:02 AM
I have had relationships with women who had significant physical disabilities. They were wonderful relationships, the best of my life.

I agree with Sarah about communication- most people with disabilities are comfortable with straightforward questions, and talking is way better than not talking. These conversations can bring you closer, because they are personal and imply an interest and willingness to spend time together.

It does feel like you are taking a risk to be with someone different- but there is really no downside in discovering another person and exploring what your relationship may be like. After all, it is a risk for the disabled person too.

I wish I had an opportunity to data a disabled or physically different person!
 MaybeAsk
Msg: 259
Posted: 2/15/2012 1:38:31 AM
depends on the H

I can date a great supermodel looking Korean chick who is in wheelchair but seriously, I cant shag to my liking.
 marita_b
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2012 9:32:44 AM
live long enough,...and sooner or later,...we all become handy caped to some degree or other,....
when you think about your answers, you might want to consider this too,.....
 darkenedsky
Msg: 261
Posted: 6/27/2012 9:50:02 AM
I would depending on the Condition. I have Cerebral Pausy on my right side and I can do anything anyone else can if not more. It pisses me off that when someone finds out they usually leave but hell they see I can play guitar, work on my car, pull engines out, create 3d environments for games, do body work on cars, tattoos ect. So a handicap is not bad it depends on how the person perceives it and how they wish to live with it. I prefer to do my best with it and not let anything stand in my way, because I CAN do it. I know some people can't but it should be an everyday thing to challenge yourself each and everyday. Okay yes I am rambling on..
 marita_b
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 11:09:44 AM
IMO,....globally the biggest handicap all of have to overcome,....is P R E J U D I C E.......

It won't happen in my life,....but maybe in yours,.....darkenedsky,...I truly hope so
 GurugiGets
Msg: 263
Posted: 6/27/2012 2:39:55 PM
It's an old thread but I've fell in love with someone who had diabetes. It runs in my family and I know it can get severe but I try
and treat them the same as with any sane person.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > would you date someone who is handicaped?