Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Should they bring back Spandex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 myfairmaiden
Msg: 1
Should they bring back Spandex?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Back in the day I was guilty of wearing this product. I hope they never bring it back for men or women!
 trophyboyfriend
Msg: 2
Should they bring back Spandex?
Posted: 11/24/2005 10:50:22 PM
nah instead of bringing back spandex, I say bring back threads that were entertaining, funny or informative.
 Mystery_lover
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/24/2005 10:51:19 PM
Spandex in gyms - good. Spandex outside of gyms - BADDDDDD.
 myfairmaiden
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/25/2005 12:13:14 AM
I do apologize trophyboyfriend. I didn't realize you still wore them.
 CoffeeCanuck
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/25/2005 12:48:37 AM
Ya mean spandex ISNT in style?
 CoffeeCanuck
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/25/2005 12:56:06 AM
Oh yeah....I can visualize...lol. It's what made me go running and screaming from an all women's gym I had tried out back in the 80's!

Great name btw Fluffy!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/25/2005 1:03:53 PM
sure...bring back spandex!

just make it legal to shoot people caught wearing spandex in public with bb guns.

that'd sting a little!
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/21/2009 3:14:20 PM
Spandex is not totally gone. Most jeans/pants women buy today have 5 - 10 percent spandex in the fabric mix. I think it also part of leggings. Interesting question.
 mrchicken
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/21/2009 6:56:07 PM
You should see me in spandex!
Actually I've never worn it; however, while girl watching, many's the time that I have thanked the good Lord for spandex.
 Doc_Sage
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/21/2009 10:22:26 PM
Question - Should they bring back Spandex?

Why? Don't we have Lulu Lemon?
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 3:01:34 AM
Did Spandex leave?

I thought there was some Spandex in most exercise wear....denim ...waistbands mostly....and in some pantyhose and lingerie I am sure.

I don't want to see the return of the Zanadu roller-skating neon spandex wear...that was just plain scary....eeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!! just had a flashback image of Rod Stewart in spandex strutting about.....yuck.

how many people are actually doing yoga in this city btw?... I mean I see those Lululemon bags everywhere...and gals all about town wearing their yoga pants....sheeeeeeeesh if you need support get some Spanx or a girdle.
Yoga wear is not for wearing about town all the time.
 mrchicken
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/22/2009 5:07:32 AM
Pray tell, what was wrong with Zanadu roller chicks?
That look is still in all my good books!
Personally, I am no slave to fashion; although, I always thought Zanadu roller-chicks were a God send.
Again, "I thank the good Lord for spandex!"

Good to see your back WWR! So sad, your not even reading my messages though.
 rockondon
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 12:12:00 PM
Its gone?
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 3:49:08 PM
Hey... us Fatchicks need luv you know!....and we do need our Spandex.

just in moderation an invisible....as undergarments.....not as leggings....yoga pants...stretch tights of any shape or form or colour.

basically if you need to lay down on the bed and have the kids pull the yoga tights up and you squeezed into it....IT'S PLAIN WRONG!!!!.... yuck... the thought.....I just vomitted into my mouth too!

if you look like a giant Haggis.... that too is WRONG!!!

Spandex invaluable as part of undergarments. YES.

Chickenman..good to see you survived the fires and not grilled....not rec'd any messages from you my dear.

btw.. Lululemon I am sure has some man made elastics such as Spandex or some other 'Dex' in the fabrics.
 Cozy_Spirit
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 4:06:45 PM
Lulu's yoga pants are not tight, at least mine aren't, and in fact look better on a lot people than jeans do. They are far more comfortable than pretty much anything else out there, and dress up or dress down just as well as jeans do. Just don't wear the granny panties with them.. they do not forgive pantylines. lol
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/22/2009 6:40:49 PM
I am not big on Lulu Lemon's clothing because it is seriously overpriced. I own some. I agree it definitely does not have to be tight. I also think that as soon as you put a piece of Lulu lemon clothing on, you are branded, working for Lulu by displaying their logo. They always place their logo in a place where you cannot hide it.

There are some things worth paying more for but I just cannot see it with Lulu clothing.
 rockondon
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 11:41:31 PM
Guys can cheat with spandex. We just stick something in there for some added bulge to look more sexy (or so I've heard since I'm not speaking from experience ). If girls do that its nasty. We got the long end of the stick on that one.
 rockondon
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2009 12:03:12 AM
You never told me you had a fetish for speedos.

Edit: for post below - the shirt was stuck on my speedos.
Edit2: the term 'speedos' may be a euphemism for 'G-string'
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/23/2009 10:03:53 PM
F and S - - - I do not know how you come up with these things but the idea of sack lifters is so funny.

Easy for me to laugh . . . correct me if I am wrong but I think really tight spandex is uncomfortable.

However, you never know, there may be a market for those sacks.
 mrchicken
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/24/2009 12:06:53 AM
All you's forum freaks are so shallow!
Really, is appearance all that matters?
You-all sound like school children!
I think I should model some spandex for my profile photo.

You go first
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/25/2009 8:47:00 AM

Further more, as men age, whether you know it or not, the testosterone level goes way down

Thank God the men I've dated didn't get that memo!

So far as the whole spandex issue is concerned, OK for workout clothes or bike shorts IF you're actually working out or cycling, otherwise it's a beautiful thing for keeping all the jigglies in check.
 You go first
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/25/2009 3:17:07 PM
Thanks, Dakota - I'll get right to studying the male body right away. I'm assuming you weren't volunteering?

You do what you want with your testosterone, and my guys will do what they want (or what I want, whatever....) so long as there's no Spandex involved, I'm cool.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Should they bring back Spandex?