Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > A good deed      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Soulfishy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
A good deedPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
^^^^is admitting to something illegal really self promotion?

O/T...my good deed....hmmmmmm

I'll get back, need to put in more time today....
 Soulfishy
Msg: 8
view profile
History
A good deed
Posted: 11/26/2005 8:49:28 PM
LMFAO!!
It just goes on and on!!
Smelt colons, Herbies and little old homeless people chasing do-gooders....

Hey, just had a thought. maybe the herbies info giver had a really bad cold...

O/T

Nope, still havent

Soulfishy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
A good deed
Posted: 11/26/2005 10:58:50 PM

My good deed for the day is to spell it for you

Yes, but it is still smelt cologne, which is akin to eau de p'tit salmon, n'est pas?

alas, time for bed and no good deeds for me. Just a he!! of a lot of belly laughs in front of the PC...
 curiousgal43
Msg: 10
view profile
History
A good deed
Posted: 11/28/2005 10:00:43 AM
my good dead for the day... keeping this one alive (smelt colon!!!)
 EarthnCirciuts
Msg: 11
A good deed
Posted: 11/30/2005 8:28:15 PM
Pretty much the same as my accident... busy intersection, but not one witness, not even the guy who called 911. Also, no-one knew first aid but me... real useful.
 Soulfishy
Msg: 12
view profile
History
A good deed
Posted: 11/30/2005 8:41:05 PM
bought a coffee for someone at of all places.... Starbucks...

hahahahah, I LOVE it gonfishin!!...how perfect!!(BTW, the Eskies won)

Also, no-one knew first aid but me...

This is usually the way. I have stopped at accident scenes (although I dont particularily WANT to work when I'm not at work) and have been told "its okay we have it all under control", only to look around and find out nobody has a CLUE!!AAAAIIIIEEEE, so yes, if you have first aid training its a great idea to stop, pretty please!!

O/T
Good deed, well my son shovelled the neighbour's driveway, and I live vicariously through my children, how's that?

So I sardined my colon...
...LMFAO!!!
 Draxx
Msg: 13
A good deed
Posted: 12/30/2005 11:25:33 AM

Then Later On I told a woman that she was Brillant,Why because she smellt my colon and commented how good it was! And i thought she had a Brillent mind.A thinker.I told her about this site and she is going to tell somemore women,GREAT!

As the new year approaches I think we all owe a great debt of gratitude to people who have made us smile over the year...............this is one thread, that made me smile over and over.
 barbershopbrat
Msg: 14
A good deed
Posted: 12/30/2005 6:52:41 PM
smellt my colon!

ROFL!!!! I havent' laughed that hard in a long time. Don't cha just hate it when you make a spelling boo-boo like that!

Today I helped my neighbor take her garbage out, and overpaid my hairdresser, for no other reason except and she's young and could really use it.

Ahhhhhh does a body good!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 15
A good deed
Posted: 12/30/2005 6:56:16 PM
i didn't yell any profanities out the window, or even question the heritage of anyone out loud while i was driving today.
 Draxx
Msg: 16
Smelt Colon
Posted: 2/16/2006 12:07:47 PM
I believe NRK was looking for this...the immortal Smelt colon thread.

I revived it at New Years so we could all have a smile, but it died quickly.

I miss tweedle!
 caper1969
Msg: 17
A good deed
Posted: 2/25/2006 7:14:59 AM
Built a extra bedroom in my house so a good friend of mine could have a free place to stay until she found a job. And am only going to charge rent when she finds work.
 rocknrollmunkey
Msg: 18
A good deed
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:11:01 PM
I waltzed out of the shower with no clothes on and my blinds open to give the people driving by a free show.

Does that count?
 WildOrchid68
Msg: 19
A good deed
Posted: 2/26/2006 1:44:36 AM
There is a woman who lives in a care facility on my side of town.. her legs are amputated up to her mid thighs ~ she sits in her wheelchair covered by a blanket or quilt and watches the traffic go by every single day.. rain or shine ~ no matter how cold or hot.. she's there.

One day.. last spring I bought her a bouquet of beautiful bright colored tulips.. and approached her... intoduced myself and told her that I think she is so beautiful.. and how I notice her each time I drive down this particular street.

I gave her the bouquet .. and she held them up to her nose and said they smell like spring.. so sweet..
She looked at me ~ her icy blue eyes filled with tears.. and reached for me with a trembling hand... she told me her name and thanked me for the flowers. We spoke for a while..had a nice little chat, and I made a point of beeping and waving at her each time I drove by and saw her out enjoying her world..as she knows it.

I am a floral designer.. with my own business ~ and when I have some flowers to spare, I make sure to go by and spend a little time with Lillian.. and make her day a little brighter.
It makes me feel good to do nice things for others... it makes my heart warm..and my spirits soar high to know I've made a difference.. even a small one ~ to someone else that you share the world with.

Random Acts of Kindness !!
 Duzntgetanyfiner
Msg: 20
view profile
History
A good deed
Posted: 2/26/2006 12:24:55 PM
Last Spring, on the highway, in the middle of nowhere between Courtenay and Campbell River, I came upon a dog, running, scared, alone.

I stopped my truck, got out, opened the hatch and called him over. He jumped in, he was cold, wet and I had no idea how long he'd been out there. He was whining and crying but I kept talking to him and after a while he quieted down. I told him he was going to be ok...I'd make everything right.

I contacted the local SPCA's and told them I had the dog, gave a description, etc and left my telephone number. It was early in the morning so before going about my work day I stopped at a local store and bought him a leash, collar, food, some treats, a dish, and a towel to dry him. I named him Freeway and he spent the day with me. Went back to my hotel in Nanaimo that night and changed rooms so I could keep the dog with me. The next day I'm back up island working and my phone rings. It's a woman saying she had lost her dog, she described it to me but sadly the one I had was not hers. Later that day, I'm on my way to Port Alberni and my phone rings again. Another woman asking about the dog. I asked her to describe him to me. She gave a description, rather generic and then I asked her if there was anything else she could tell me about him. She described a scar on the inside of his hind leg. I was silent for a moment and then I said "I have your dog". She started to cry, telling me how her husband was frantic, he'd been driving up and down the highway the past couple of days, searching everywhere for his beloved "Hunter". Friends, neighbours, everyone was looking. I got her address and told her I was going to bring Hunter home. So back to Campell River I went.

As I approached their driveway, I could see a couple standing way up at the top of it....I turned in and they started walking toward me..we met halfway. I got out and opened the hatch...Hunter jumped out....Dad started crying, Mom was crying and what could I do? I started too...it felt soooo good to see an animal loved so much. We were all hugging and they were trying to push money into my hand. I refused it and told them seeing how much they loved Hunter was payment enough for me.

Hunter died of cancer January 24th, 2006 at 11:10 p.m. surrounded by the ones who loved him the most, his family.
 Orzel Bialy
Msg: 21
A good deed
Posted: 3/19/2006 3:25:54 PM
Wow, that was nice, Wildly Delicious.

The closest to that for me was meeting a lady in a park sitting on a neatly folded blanket at a picnic table Gibbon's Park. She was a pretty thing, and being newly separated. I was just a bit curious. I parked my bike and asked if I could share her table.
She nodded, I sat.

This pretty young woman was writing a letter drinking coffee from a thermos and had a book partly read, book-marked beside her. I quickly noticed she was really pretty, but something was not right, she was fighting off tears. The wind gently sent the fragrance of her drink to my nose, however it was not Colombian, more Tennessee. I spoke with neither attack nor defence. I said, “please let me know if you don’t want me to say more, but is that a letter you are writing?” She said “kind of” and kept writing. I asked her to whom it was, she declined to answer. I asked her why she had been sad, again no response. I let her know again if I was being rude, just let me know and I’ll go.
She said no, it’s ok.
I started probing into her personal life, first explaining that I’ve never seen a nice pretty lady sitting at as picnic table with such an amount of padding… that meant that she was very sensitive or else was whipped…She half smiled. She asked about me, what I was looking for in life. I said to find an honest woman would be nice. She asked about love kids and the icky sex part…lol.
I told her that I had two lovely children by a woman who I was with for 4.5 years, but she could not find the ability to trust me. Once she said in a rage “it is not you I hate but all you represent”. I could not be the glue in the relationship for so long single handed… and when I pulled away it all fell apart like cards. Rather defenceless I was turned into a single Dad without any rights to see my kids to speak of. I felt if I could just hold her long enough, love her enough, be there for her to depend on enough that slowly but surely she would turn and bloom. It was not to be, and she had an affair to “force” me to hate her and run, but that was not in my heart, I tried to understand and I even forgave her, she while sobbing holding me said “you really love me don’t you?” But the epiphany was too small too late and old habits die hard. I became the reason why she had problems. Our kids were my fault, and she gave them to me because she did not want anything to do with them. I said I’d be more than happy to take our kids but the deserve a mom. And that I will not let them grow up without knowing their mom.
3 months later, the kids did not return. I had been bringing them over weekly so that they could visit. Then I was met with her lawyer… and for the next 10 years I saw less and less of my babies. She broke all court orders…. All of them. Over 2 dozen missed visits… and no way to deal with it, as a lawyer was far too much for me to pay… legal aid was tried but they don’t want to fight for parental rights and my “lawyer” claimed that the paperwork had a typo. I had fallen into a depression for many years until I found that my life was good at helping people. I was a known repair guy who tackled almost anything… and without fear.

But the biggest hurt was to not be trusted. I gave her my all and I felt just trampled. And to add insult to injury, any ties with my kids had with my extended family was being cut, little by little. Now I have only time as my friend. In time all will be ok.

I now know that when my kids are of age, they will decide, and if and when that happens my door is open.

Being quite in touch with my feelings, I had tears steaming from my face and I apologised for the scene. I was greeted with a kind glance of sympathy, she had started to cry also, she put away her letter and asked how did I know I wanted to be with the mom of my kids. I told her about the great sex, the quiet times, the cuteness of her smile, even the little funny gestures all made me fall head over heels. She asked if she could trust would it be all better? I told her that Rome was not built in a day, but all things are possible until trust is broken. Then the head starts to make plans the heart must deal with. And now I could not go back to how I was, young and nieve… ok so I got a little older.. She asked if I wanted to cheat on her, and I said even if I wanted to it is not my way. Then she asked how do I know that she did not cheat before, I said I don’t. But that is part of trust.

She needed to go to the ladies room, so we started to walk to them, I walked my bike beside her as we continued to talk. While at the washroom, I held her blanket. We returned only to find that our table was not empty anymore… so we found a nice place in the middle of the park, unfolded the blanket and laid down and pondered life.

Then she said to me “You must be an angel.”

You see the letter I was writing was a letter calling off my wedding next month. I could not bring myself to trust my fiancé. We have been dating for 3 years and is the kindest sweetest guy I’ve met, but I just could not go through with it, until now. Thank you.

She asked if we’d meet again? I told her no not likely, but to have a great wedding and don't be afraid to trust because without trust there is no real love.

It makes me proud to have been such a positive person if not for myself but for others.

Cheers.
J
 Sir Wisdom of POF
Msg: 22
A good deed
Posted: 3/19/2006 5:33:59 PM
Last night I gave a jump start to a to a complete stranger (and no wise cracks)
 canadianredneck
Msg: 23
A good deed
Posted: 3/19/2006 10:55:48 PM
Never thought this post would still be going. I set up own internet dish and broadcast through a router. Encryption sure slows down the signal though. Good deed today. Let my bowling buddy totally thrash me at bowling tonight. lol Not really. I just suck at the game.
 canadianredneck
Msg: 24
A good deed
Posted: 3/28/2006 11:35:14 PM
Maybe banned? New handle? Went to the neighbors while they were gone and chopped some wood for their firepit. ( He has a broken foot ) I needed to do something anyway.
 lotusflowr
Msg: 25
view profile
History
A good deed
Posted: 3/29/2006 8:59:00 PM
I went over to my 90yr old nana's house and made her tea and cleaned her house a bit...going back tomorrow for the big cleanup! now if that doesn't deserve a pat on the back ;) kidding....I enjoy helping her :)
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 26
view profile
History
A good deed
Posted: 9/8/2006 11:05:51 AM
My good deed , well not today but yesterday....I bought coffee and donuts for the person behind me in the Timmie's drive through....wish someone would do that for me
 Behindthescenes
Msg: 27
A good deed
Posted: 9/26/2007 4:28:44 PM
Two reasons I chose to relive this thread...1. I gave a coffee friend his birthday gift today. He is 69, and has a awsome sense of Ha Ha . He often buys the expensice orange juice and then proceeds to tell his adult children who visit to remember " This is not a beverage ". He figure that at $6 something a container , they should be drinking it out of shot glasses not the beer mugs they insist on filling with it . SO I bought him a HUGE container of TANG , and wrote a note on his birthday card ..that THIS is a beverage...LOL. 2. reason....LONG LIVE TWEEDLE, enough said !! Those of you that have been around for a while, remember ! :)
 gary_thatsme
Msg: 28
A good deed
Posted: 8/30/2008 7:20:47 PM
similiar story. I was travelling through the Mojave desert 3 years ago, in August..saw 2 dogs hanging out under an overpass, NO dwellings in sight. Drove 4 miles to turn around, went back, picked them up, really emaciated and dehydrated..cared for them. took them home...vet check the next day...worked with them at home training for 3 weeks...advertised dor a home for them TOGETHER...finally found a home for both of them (they were pals) they are still alive and doing well...and i smile everytime i see them
did i mention, that i already have 5 dogs at home?
 Stormswatcher
Msg: 29
A good deed
Posted: 7/3/2010 11:35:36 AM
Post number 8 on page one, "nuff said " the most famous thread in POF History for those who have never experienced the fun of POF forums and Happy Canada Day to all!
 *Imperfection*
Msg: 30
A good deed
Posted: 7/3/2010 1:10:57 PM
ahhh... *sign* those were the days of endless forum antics... much fun and laughing our @sses off. I didnt get a lot done back then... wonder why. lol Miss those days and the ridiculous threads that were started, finished, blocked and deleted.

Glad though Im still in touch with a few comics from back them.

thanks Draxx for raising this out of the dead. Still makes me giggle
 *Rock*
Msg: 31
A good deed
Posted: 7/6/2010 4:37:14 AM
"Free Tweedle"...

Way too funny, it was a hoot around here, burning dinner, late for work, the list was endless for never wanting to miss anything in these forums back then....

My good deed for the day? I never cussed once in this post...
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > A good deed