Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stellavixen
Msg: 54
Third Date Rule ? NYC 20-somethings Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I thought sex was expected on the 4th date.
 bkhickman
Msg: 55
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:19:46 PM
LoL... 3rd date rule... No such thing. I think it's generally accepted that your not going to have sex until at least the 3rd date, but that's not always true either. I think a date is when you go out with some one to do something in each others company. What you do is irrelevant and so is how much time you spend doing it. Yes, you agreed to meet to return sunglasses, but you weren't looking to enjoy each others company at that time.
 shelby5506
Msg: 56
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:20:03 PM
This 3 date rule is just plain selfish and disrespectful and just demonstrates that anyone that tries to invoke the 3 date rule is shallow and only interested in their own selfish indulgence without any regard for the other person. I have also heard people say “I have to have sex first before I’ll marry you”. That is just as disrespectful and selfish and egotistic. How the hell do they think that they are any good? It is all just wrong and no matter who you are with, you need to respect them and their feelings and if you can’t then get off here and get on one of those looking for sex sites. Damn, we are all human and we all have feelings regardless of what sex we are.
 Candlesinthewind
Msg: 57
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:25:34 PM
Really the third date huh. usually in my town you have to buy them something expencive first. and then get called a player and have to defend yourself before you get to even see a boob
 jmark4
Msg: 58
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:31:19 PM
there are no rules. it's ridiculous.

And no way in the world am I having sex with someone i"ve met 3 times.
 cariboolady1
Msg: 59
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:52:43 PM
That "rule" has been around for longer than twenty-five years! ..lol..

I don't believe in any kind of rule for scheduling sex. Then it becomes "expectations".
Expectations on a man's part of when he gets to the honey is just crude.
Really, there are men out there who firmly believe in this third date rule and...if he's pushing at you impatiently, saying unbelievable things and/or trying to guilt you into it, run as fast as you can from him.
He's not into you. He's only into himself.
 KatarzynaS
Msg: 60
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:58:17 PM
The message you are replying to:
Posted By: delytful(d1078626) on 11/26/2005 204 PM
Subject: Third Date Rule
Message: For those of you who actually believe that you are expected to have sex on the third date, what classifies as a date? Sure, it's easy to tell sometimes when it is the usual prearranged meeting to go out, but what about just running into each other, or just hanging out around the house? One guy even tried to say that stopping by on his way home from work to grab the sunglasses he'd left on my coffee table was considered a date LOL

Haha nice try to get into ur pants make him wait for 6 to8 weeks first if he ain't my bf I won't even think about sex. If guy don't find me special enough to wait its his problem I find someone that will
 InspiredUsername
Msg: 61
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/21/2012 5:53:29 PM
Maybe I'm just naive, but I'd like to think that most people realize that human relationships are far too complex to apply a hard standard of numbers to. That being said, around the third date is an acceptable time to evaluate where you stand. If sex hasn't happened yet, are things at least escalating towards that end? If not, what are your views on the concept of sunk cost?
 Deleted1a2b3c4d5e
Msg: 62
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/21/2012 6:10:16 PM
I don't think anyone needs a "rule", I do think at a certain point, people have to put their cards on the table ( no "cards" is not code word for panties)

I can only speak as a guy. Some women go out with you because they like you and want to date you. Some just want free dinner or attention or someone to distract them because the guy they really want to hump is in bed with someone else.

I don't think the third date needs sex, but I think the third date is a good point to see if the two people are on the same page. ( I.E. I'm looking for this, or this is what I can't live with, or whatnot)

In the old days, if a girl was not interested in giving a guy a chance period, she said NO. And the guy only asked if he was truly INTERESTED in the girl for a relationship. The old way WORKED. Now there's this BS liberal method where both sides treat it like the Cold War, trying to figure out how much ass is worth a cup of coffee or how to get dinner or free stuff without having to say Thanks ever.
 RD2112
Msg: 63
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/21/2012 7:18:13 PM
...and WTH is wrong with animal attraction and chemistry right off the bat? Why not have sex on most every date and then for more fun in between. I think there are too many on this thread with "morals" . Im not a bad guy but I enjoy sex and I want a partner that enjoys it as much as me.

Sex should not be expected or be pushy about. It should just happen naturally. If you want to have sex with someone, are you going to really wait that long? If both of u are making out hot n heavy and ready to shred clothing, are you going to stop and say "we must wait". Whatever floats ur boat but I'm not cast from that mold. Do what you feel like with no expectations from others. It takes a whole lot longer than 3 dates to know if you and your partner or date are going to last. Why not enjoy what life has to offer and not waste any precious days? the two of you might not make it in the long run and you will have enjoyed bliss again.

I can't tell by three dates if we will be together for a long haul but I can tell in the first 2 if were not. If I get bad feelings of any kind then I know its over. It just escallates. If its all comfy and carefree, its got a chance.
 bonbonlicious
Msg: 64
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/21/2012 7:32:29 PM
third date rule??? wtf?? i'm still trying to get to the first date without a guy chickening out!! where's the rule for that?
 sookalready
Msg: 65
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/22/2012 2:42:56 PM
lmao....Get the Book.. Act like a Woman...Think like a Man. It's a 90 day probationary period before they get to the cookie. lol It's a really good book by Stever Harvey
 abelian
Msg: 66
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/22/2012 2:46:52 PM
90 day probationary period? The book ought to be called, ``Think Like a Woman, Date Like a Nun.'' I'm trying to think of a reason I'd wait 90 days on some sort of probation and I can't think of one. I'd just go date someone else after a few dates didn't look too promising.
 desimale69
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Third Date Rule ? NYC 20-somethings
Posted: 5/23/2012 10:37:06 AM
3 day rule? hahahahahaha
As an efficiency expert, I want it done in 1 date!!!!!
 heartwwings
Msg: 68
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/23/2012 5:34:47 PM
I agree!
I havent been on the second date yet.....
 Lionesse19
Msg: 69
Third Date Rule
Posted: 5/23/2012 8:37:23 PM
delytful

Men will say and do anything to get it. We know that. I had a guy who counted a 10 minute quick meet and greet and then the hour we spent having coffee the next time, as two dates and was expecting sex on the next "date". lol! After chit chat about having a shower together and week ends away on the second date. I didnt bother to see him again. I have never had a second date other than that with the few I met on dating sites although they did all front up.

When we have sex is when we feel comfortable about it, be it the first meet, the second date or the 8th. No hard and fast rules.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >