Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tcky123
Msg: 101
dating an overweight person?Page 4 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
messsage 351 maybe you should tell they guy if you can fart in his face with the thong on.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 105
dating an overweight person?
Posted: 4/17/2006 10:10:06 PM
I have a magnet the shape of a PIG... it says:

"I may be fat, but you're ugly and I can go on a diet"
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/17/2006 10:11:21 PM
underboss69, besides not being a very nice person.. I've noticed you have a habit of going into threads and posting something really negative.. .you aren't a TROLLLLLL are you????
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/17/2006 10:46:28 PM
Ewwwwww.... they are aren't they... lol

Most people.. "fit people" can't keep up with me so I don't have to explain myself to any man, anyways... that is his choice just like with any of us who likes certain looks in a person. Tonight, I just really don't care, to each their own.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 112
Posted: 4/19/2006 7:56:52 PM
Personally I could care less if someone doesn't want to date me because of my weight. I do not live my life for other people, I know what type person I am and if someone doesn't want to get to know the real ME because of my weight then it is totally THEIR loss not mine. As for you ppl just trying to get some of us stirred up, get a life. I could care less about your opinions of me or anyone else. If you have preferences then so be it, that is your choice and your life. If you think any of us will fall into your little games you are wrong. You can cut overweight people down if that is what makes you feel like a better person because it only shows the type person you really are. Just because we might have more pounds on us than is "socially" accepted (which is a crock of ****) does not mean we are not caring, smart, pretty and very normal people. To each their own.
 cotter
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2006 8:12:26 PM

Also, who said; "If you want a happy marriage, marry the ugliest woman you can find"?
I don't know if is true, but it have been aroud for a while.
Don't remember who sang it,, but let me see ....

"If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife.
So from my per-so-nal point of view,
Pick an ugly girl to marry you!"

Now ... don't anyone blast me please ... I just responded to that guy putting that in his post.

Personally ... I have been overweight in my life and then lost the weight. Believe it or not, my boyfriend at the time said he likes "chunky" ladies and told me he did not want me to get too skinny!

Yea right ... like getting too skinny would ever be a possibility with me .....
 carrotwax
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/19/2006 10:03:05 PM
I don't think I would, but it's not just about that. Most overweight people who've been interested in me have always given me the intuition that the extra 'layer' on them is a protective one. That it's a way to keep out touch on one level, even if everyone needs it on another level. I always strive for simplicity and integrity in a relationship. If I feel there's any automatic protective barrier (and fat can be, but it's not the only one - putting on masks is another big one) then I'll pass. I don't want connecting in any form to be a struggle, only a joy. I find those that can simply give themselves the alone time they need and feel confident to say no when a touch doesn't feel right, even from a loved partner very attractive.

This isn't to say there aren't physical things like thyroid conditions that exist, but it's the impression I've consistently had.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 115
Posted: 4/20/2006 3:03:58 AM
Why do some people think they need to make jokes at other peoples expense??? If you don't want to date overweight people fine, say so without the cut downs (like dating the elephant woman). It's much easier to do than you think.
 roxy127
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/20/2006 3:21:49 AM
wow.....!!!!thanx so much 4 your comment-really made me laaugh soooo much,coz,im a bit overweight,but,i still think im sexy,and,im definitely more attracted 2 men who have a bit of meat on their bones,2!!But,in the end,i think everyone knows its the person that counts,:)
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 118
Posted: 4/20/2006 8:24:10 PM
^^^ I don't think you are a nut.. I just think you've kicked this dog to death.. We get what you are saying.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 119
Posted: 4/20/2006 8:39:57 PM
I agree blueidgirl, I like a man with some meat on his body but.. good teeth is a must!!!
 Marc999
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/25/2006 5:56:09 PM
Let's cut to the chase:

My ideal woman for dating:
Average looks or better
Proportional height/weight/bone structure
Intelligent
Humourous
Financially independant
Stable relationships with friends/family
Has her own hobbies
Single, no children.
Breasts: please have them, I've slept with a women with barely acorns...not nice.

There is a general agreement on 'average looking' as opposed to 'below average looking'. So, let's cut the crap and admit to what we will or will not accept in a dating partner.
Case in point, I am simply not attracted to women who are below average looking. Below average looking women typically have masculine or boyish features that do not stimulate me in any form.

That's fine and dandy that you can have a wonderful conversation with a woman you're not attracted to physically, but just try dating and/or having intercourse with her....not an appealing thought I know.

I know 3 overweight women that I consider friends. I would never take this further though, because I am simply not attracted to them physically.

So, once again...let's cut the crap and admit that we're sexual beings after all and although an overweight and/or below avg. looking woman may be the most wonderful woman in your city, a relationship involves more then mental stimulation to progress.

take that ;)
Marc
 redhead363
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2006 2:00:21 PM
I agree with blueeyedgirl...except that I am not a twig...but my guy is heavy and hairy..and he's the best...met him on one of these sites....
 cotter
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2006 2:19:54 AM
A lot more women my age "tolerate" a lot more weight in their men than the men my age do in the women!

Men my age seem to want us to be like "twiggy" ... well sorry "BUD" ... it's not happening anymore than it's happening with you at my age. Suck it up ... getting older means a little more weight. If you have a "gut" going on, quit demanding "twiggy"!

Get real ... if you have a gut, chances are women the same age will have a little "tummy" thing going on too ... it's called "I had so many babies and now my stomach won't go flat any more" syndrome.

I'm not talking about "disgustingly" more weight ... just a few extra pounds. We all have it and get it the older we get. Live with it!

Dehm
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2006 2:23:25 PM
I've only been on POF for a few days now, and at first I was rather miffed that I wasn't getting replies to emails I sent. It was deflating (no pun intended!) to say the least. But after thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that it's "okay". To each his own/beauty in the eye of the beholder/big girls are better lovers - whatever way you wish to look at it, we're damn lucky that there's a million different ideals of beauty and attraction. As I said earlier, I get very few replies to emails sent - probably because they look at my profile and see bbw. If they disregard me because of that then I'm glad they didn't reply, cause I want to meet ppl who find me attractive no matter what the scale says!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 128
Posted: 6/7/2006 8:56:02 PM
fhfiona.... "I may be fat, but you're uglay and I can go on a diet" I have that magnet on my refrigerator!!!
 cotter
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2006 9:40:02 PM

At what size do you move from "Average" to "Thick" to "Vuluptous" to "BBW"?
Not at all speaking for anyone else on here but myself ... I can accept a "little" overweight, as I myself am not a twig. I have a lot of practical thoughts about it. I'm a nurse ... thinking about what too much weight does to a person my age ... it's so awfully unhealthy that my logic in the whole thing is this:

If a man is going to let himself go to the extent that he is considered "overweight" (mostly at my age that involves a 50-pound or more beer belly), then one has to wonder if he has any respect at all for himself and his health. If he can't muster the caring it takes to take good care of himself ... how in the world is he going to muster the caring it takes to love a partner unconditionally?

So I'm not saying I wouldn't date an overweight person ... just would be very cautious about it. I personally am not "overweight" and it is my preference that my partner also not be "overweight". I like to be very physically active ... most overweight folks are not capable of riding a bike 20 miles a day ... going out dancing for hours at a time ... and that's just a starter for me. I have very little idle time ... so any gentleman who would get together with me would have to be somewhat programmed in the same way! Unfortunately, that generally excludes "overweight" men ... nice as they can be, loving as they can be. I need a man who can truly keep up with me physically!

Mesnafugal
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/13/2006 8:40:10 PM
clubus.. as with many of these sites... skinny or smaller people do not realize how lucky they are to have those type genes!! And YES it is in your genes... some people are just smaller and built better because it's the way they are made up. Yes we could all be skinny if we wanted to live on diets.... stay at the gym or walk miles a day on our treadmills. I used to be small when I was younger but as I got older my metabolism slowed wayyyyyyyy down. And NO we don't just sit around and do nothing but eat. Some people just enjoy working out and then some do not. I'm not going to be miserable because other people think I should constantly diet... and/or exercise all the time. It's just not my cup of tea. More power to the ones who are into it.. I'm just not anymore. There are other things higher on my priority list!!
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/14/2006 12:13:19 AM
So what?? nothing wrong with that.!!

I have a saying....as long as they can dance, and run as in make a decent sprint run about a 100 meters and can walk in the hot sun for an hour at a time then they are not too overweight for me and they are ok.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >