Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Canadian Romantic
Msg: 2
Please note: I am NOT a Godless personPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
skypoetone:...

I for one, may not 100% agree with everything you say, but as I have said in a couple of other posts, I would be the FIRST one in line to defend your RIGHT to state your thought's...

Christ came with open arms, not pointing an accusing finger...

ALL "Christians" should realise this. (and 'non'-christians too)

Conversely, I have been called an 'idiot', 'stupid', and a slew of other childish names by a troll poster on another thread; simply for my expressing views, scientific facts and evidences 'For' the Creation Account, as opposed to the Evolution Theory...Go Figure.

As a side note though, here are a couple of books for suggestion to read, as to the topic of the historical accuracies and truths of the "Bible"; (Both Old & New Testaments)

"Evidence that Demands a Verdict"
"More Evidence that Demands a Verdict"

2 volumes, both by Josh McDowell
 Canadian Romantic
Msg: 4
Please note: I am NOT a Godless person
Posted: 11/28/2005 6:09:52 AM
You're most welcome....

Also, as I heard it once said:

"Some people develop 'just' enough Religion (and/or beliefs and/or ideologies, etc)
to HATE, but not enough Faith to LOVE."

(kinda goes back to what I said;
Christ came with open arms, not an accusing pointing finger...)
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/28/2005 6:02:53 PM
If you find ought to disagree with, that is as it ought be. Train your mind to test every thought, ideology, train of reasoning, and claim to truth. There is no justice when even a single voice goes unheard. 1 Thessalonians 5:21, 1 John 4:1-3, John 14:26, John 16:26, Revelation 12:10, Proverbs 14:15, Proverbs 18:13
 RDtoo
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2005 9:35:46 PM
Skypoet, I am confused. Understand this is NOT an attack, but merely a question. I have seen post by you that attacked the Bible and have seen posts by you that defended the Bible. Just curious as to what you do believe, if you wouldn't mind sharing.
 RDtoo
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2005 9:39:43 PM
Actually it does. What I posted was actually in error. I have seen you defend Jesus on this forum not necessarily the Bible, so your reply does answer my question. Unclear why you see "Satan's fingerprints" in the place that you do but you are not on trial so I don't think I should keep questioning your beliefs.
 Canadian Romantic
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/1/2005 8:49:52 AM
The "Satan's fingerprints" quote is a reference to those who wrote the bible or translated it to fit their own agenda. My gut feeling is this is why we see so many contradictions in it today and why so many fight over its content. I also feel that no one can be certain it wasn’t Satan-inspired in the first place… when you add these things together it makes sense, i.e. what better way for Satan to be the true ruler of the Earth!

Sky, I had posted earlier, 2 very good books on the subject for suggested reading for you to consider.

"Evidence That Demands a Verdict" and
"More Evidence That Demands a Verdict" (a 'part 2' if you will...)

Or, to add another take on what you are trying to convey: "What better way for satan to gain ground, than to attempt 'discredit' the Bible, and to cause doubt and fighting over it?"

The Bible speaks quite clearly in many places about satan's deceiving ways, and all of his lies. I think that satan would not call himself a liar, if he was trying to get the Bible continued throughout history.
 masterspirit
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2005 11:43:54 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!.....What the HELL is wrong with you, man?...You mean you're not a Christian?????? BURN....BURN......BURN!!!!!!!!!!!.....(just kidding)
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >