Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Would you date someone still living with their Ex?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
That would be ex-husband. As for being separated, if I remember right (I was two long islands in and the music was loud) I asked if they are divorced. Her answer was either vague or I didn't hear it correctly. I also asked if I'd have to ask him to not hog the blankets if we end up at her place :) She said she doesn't bring people back to the house/around her kids. I might see her this week so I'll get more details if I do.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Would you date someone still living with their Ex?
Posted: 10/14/2018 9:56:57 PM

That would be ex-husband. As for being separated, if I remember right (I was two long islands in and the music was loud) I asked if they are divorced. Her answer was either vague or I didn't hear it correctly.

You can pretty much bank on her just being (legally) separated at the most. If they decided to still live together, sleep in the same bed, and she admits when meeting you the first time + kissing you, that they'll pork once in a good while... it's hard to believe they'd go thru Divorce if she wasn't going to leave the house, let alone the bedroom, ya know? :)

Some couples go more the "open" route when they don't get along, and mutually don't want a divorce. They could have kicked it off as legally separated it and never nixed it after cumming to an agreement, I guess. And it may not be That open, but more of a "don't ask don't tell" sorta thing, when they're barely having sex anyway.

Obviously you shouldn't expect anything more than hookup bar buddy from her. But even if it becomes quite convincing that he does his thing too, and she does hers, and there's no drama about it -- still, FWB, and not too heavy on that, is all you can really want to go for. You'd be already walking into at least some very potential drama on some level, but you want to start Dating her, it's guaranteed to bring boatloads of drama!
 cooldog65
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 2:27:36 AM

They sleep in the same bed and have had sex once in awhile.

I wouldn't waste my time on her. You can do better. Too much baggage, too much drama.
 spot4username
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 2:41:02 AM
^^^
Exactly.

Messages this short may not be posted
 curvylady1965
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 6:32:49 AM
Endless, I'm not trying to be contrary, but she doesn't seem very separated to me. I've known of couples who share a roof for a time until finances and the like we're improved, but same bed and having sex... just doesn't seem very separated - let me rephrase that, it doesn't seem at all separated. You can find someone worthy and available for a relationship, if that's what you desire. This might be welcoming a situation with more drama than might be reasonable.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 12:08:18 PM

she told me she lives with her ex (I thought of this thread when I heard that). She said it's financially convenient and works well with the kids.

Yeah, she's a keeper.

Not.

Raise your standards.

I woke up this morning thinking it figures, I find someone who I connect with and she has a situation like this.

When it rains, it pours.
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 1:37:09 PM

In this case, "ex" stands for "exciting".
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 2:17:50 PM
Hmmmm, It looks like a duck...……………..it quacks like a duck...………...yes I have no doubt this duck IS married, with or without legal documents, and continues to live like a duck. QUACK QUACK!

Please forgive me Endless, (Gee I think I have said that before) but have you ever thought to yourself, "Hmmmm I seem to want what I can't have. I'm attracted to a woman who is unavailable." Just food for thought!
Posted: 10/15/2018 3:46:46 PM

Please forgive me Endless, (Gee I think I have said that before) but have you ever thought to yourself, "Hmmmm I seem to want what I can't have. I'm attracted to a woman who is unavailable." Just food for thought!

The funny thing is... married women tend to be attracted to me. Usually female friends who don't have a good marriage. I also had a long term ex who I remained friends with. That ended up being more than friends when her marriage wasn't good. Her husband knew and didn't care.

I prefer to be with someone who's available but situations like this happen (I know, I sometimes go along with it).
 ohenryx
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 5:04:51 PM

cooldog65
I wouldn't waste my time on her. You can do better.

Well, maybe. And maybe not. I wouldn’t want to venture an opinion on that without at least seeing a picture.

I had to do my annual harassment training at work today. You can tell by how much more sensitive I am now, right? (smile)

And if anyone needs more harassment in their life, I am now fully up to speed and qualified on all forms of harassment. Just ask, and I can deliver!
 siisaa
Msg: 154
Posted: 10/15/2018 5:28:38 PM

Well, maybe. And maybe not. I wouldn’t want to venture an opinion on that without at least seeing a picture.

Just because they're hot doesn't mean they should be given a pass on questionable behavior. That kind of thinking has gotten a lot people in trouble. I'd expect that more from some young, dumb, full of cum knuckleheads - not people who should know better.
Posted: 10/16/2018 2:57:50 AM
These types of situations never seem to work out well. Someone I know was recently seeing someone who was still living with their ex. I told him there is no way in hell that she isn't having her cake and eating it too. Exactly what happened! she was sleeping with both of them.

Very rare circumstances that ex's live together and don't bump uglies, in my opinion.
 ohenryx
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 5:12:28 PM

siisaa

Just because they're hot doesn't mean they should be given a pass on questionable behavior. That kind of thinking has gotten a lot people in trouble. I'd expect that more from some young, dumb, full of cum knuckleheads - not people who should know better.

Yeah, but once you reach the point where you always “know better”, you tend to cease having any fun.

I would rather take an occasional set of lumps and have some fun along the way.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 5:41:16 PM
I dated a woman last year that on our 2nd date spoke about her ex 2/3 of it then grilled me about my son's mother like she was competing or something. I don't even speak to her. My son was 20 at the time so no need to be in contact unless something happens to our lad.

This lady proceeded to tell me how she goes to her exes each week and takes care of his bills because people might take advantage of him because he was simple, and how he comes round and does a tiny garden plot like real tiny to save her money. She was the one taking advantage of him. No one else. The same woman on the same night suggested because she was on the change that no real chance of getting pregnant via text. Oh yes, she did. She was gone the next day.

She now shares a home with her ex as she lost her place and is on her profile that she living in the same home with their child. Low Life.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >