Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Muscular women... Turn-on or off?Page 3 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
No. I like tits and asses and soft bodies. Not fat but womanly.
 sexyisback!
Msg: 165
Muscular women... Turn-on or off?
Posted: 12/23/2010 1:07:33 PM

Most female bodybuilders today are much more attractive than they used to be. Why, well, more and more women see the benefits of working out. Sure, there might be some men who see a girl with 15 inch arms and think she looks "manly", but I guess it depends on what you are looking at.

uh, I dunno, to me they are mostly more muscular and almost 'manly'..than back in the 1980's or so

Rachel McLish, the first Ms. Olympia winner in 1980, to me had a sexy look.

here are pics:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RqkZ-3TwUoA/S9MzJf9K8tI/AAAAAAAABRE/X7OSijgKkbg/s1600/785132_f520.jpg

this is her 6 years ago at age 49:

http://us2.pixagogo.com/S5b6AG0lkkBCI2l88JvN8--FldbRM2c!Wy!9M8WzYurGa5!hEQ5UdKudHiqb051pHavOijslvT!f9Po5qyXRsMR4PWZB5FzC90RCHgplImSXRn!SUGo50xwvsoErp0PkOd/rachel_mclish_49_years.jpg
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/23/2010 1:41:00 PM

A healthy weight for a woman that is 5'1 is 105-115 lbs. You are 25-35 lbs over that. So my assumption is you are way muscular.

"Toned" women are very sexy. Muscular women are not. Toned women=Fitness models. Muscular women=wannabe bodybuilders.

Muscle weighs more than fat at an equal volume. An athletic woman can weigh more than a less active one and appear to be no larger. Throw in slightly larger and firmer legs, buttocks, and shoulders, and you can easily out weigh someone by 20 lbs. and not take up more space. As you compare taller people than 5'1", the difference in weight can become quite large without seeming huge in comparison. Though, the fitness difference would be easily identified.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 168
Posted: 12/23/2010 4:47:41 PM

.. I was wondering if men find muscular women a turn on, or do they consider them a bit intimidating, especially in the bedroom? Does it make them feel inadequate?

Hmm...only two possible options huh?

Or maybe some of us want a soft feminine woman with curves and breasts!

When women get muscular and cut, their faces get sunk in, they get deep smile creases, veins and are hard...not soft.

Intimidate??? Inadequate??? Use that if it helps you justify not getting dates...lol
If I wanted to have sex with muscles I'd just be gay...at least I'd be sure to get bjs regularly!

WalksOnWater2
Msg: 169
Posted: 12/23/2010 5:01:56 PM

I absolutely love to work out and am in great shape (I work hard at it)... I was wondering if men find muscular women a turn on, or do they consider them a bit intimidating, especially in the bedroom? Does it make them feel inadequate?

Oh!
I got it backwards again!
I thought that women are supposed to be round and soft like squeeze balls!

Yew4ics
Msg: 170
Posted: 12/23/2010 6:49:31 PM

BTW, I'm 5'1" and about 135 to 140 pounds... so, not very big, just a comfy size.

A healthy weight for a woman that is 5'1 is 105-115 lbs. You are 25-35 lbs over that. So my assumption is you are way muscular.

"Toned" women are very sexy. Muscular women are not. Toned women=Fitness models. Muscular women=wannabe bodybuilders.

I agree. I'm 130 at 5"5, and have never strived for anything other than good muscle tone. I think some women are too buff, even if they arent that bulked up. There is nothing delicate about that look, and I think men still are drawn to that no matter how much some women try to change it.I never wanted a hard body, just a toned one....so my work out is the kind that dancers use. I use light weights and change how I use them alot. Softness is not a bad thing.Unfortunately, many women think it is. It's not the men pressuring us to look like them. Women do that to themselves. Most men still appreciate curves, and I for one am glad. Cuts are not curves. ;)
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 172
Posted: 12/24/2010 12:34:11 AM

The guys all laugh when I mention my muscles, but are always impressed when they feel my guns. So...what does that tell ya?

It tells me they think its funny....
What it doesn't say is whether or not they're turned on by this...
 Yew4ics
Msg: 174
Posted: 12/24/2010 4:11:17 AM

I LOVE my muscles. I have been known to surreptiously kiss my biceps. I aim for the roundest, highest, hardest butt in history. And I am thrilled to see my legs slowly becoming more muscular and my back ...mmmm..back mucles...
I love the feeling of strength. It's incredibly empowering.

I can relate to what you're saying. I like feeling strong and healthy too. I never bought into the buns of steel thing, because I still think that when a man takes hold of a womans butt in his hands, he likes there to be a little give. Round and high...yes. Rock hard? no. JMO
I trained for 2 yrs with a personal trainer, and told her right from the start, I did NOT want to look like her. I said it as nicely as I could. She had that madonna look that you described. I told her I want dancers arms. Just make sure that when I wave to someone, nothing is flapping in the wind and I will be happy.
 AquanGold
Msg: 175
Posted: 12/24/2010 5:51:59 AM
I feel its a tremendous turn on to be with a women who`s in fantastic shape.
Most muscular women on a sexually level want to be dominated and are submissive. They truly adore a man who takes over and knows how to please them...
A women who works out is showing her lover her true self. They love being touched,which heightens the passion to be in great shape.

They workout with only onething in mind and that's to be beautiful for their man! Its important for them to express their beauty,its what makes them feel sensual.Which on another level is something to experience...

A muscualr women does require more sex than someone who may not be in great shape. They`ll tell you that as well...
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 176
Posted: 12/24/2010 11:33:27 AM
i dont like a woman to LOOK muscular at all....that is a turnoff to me.

but strong? its just a different way to play the same old sport....the one thing about women who are "stronger" is that they typically can do more things and move their bodies a bit better than girls who aren't....

now that is a turn on.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 177
Posted: 12/25/2010 5:49:09 AM
i am turned on by tall, athletic women who work out a lot, but body builders or those who work out way too much can be a bit of a turn off, even on a guy.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 178
Posted: 12/25/2010 7:24:35 AM
I would love to be more "cut" myself.

But alas..

soft like squeeze balls!

I at one time lifted and worked out a lot, but never got big..Just isn't going to happen.

When BIG body builders contact me, I pass them by..I know it's a lifestyle.
.I would enjoy working out some again with an SO or friend, but never obsessively like I used to..

If a man wants big guns and ripped..I have some friends I could introduce him to.

I think built big men prefer them..but it's certainly not the rule.

I LOVE my muscles. I have been known to surreptiously kiss my biceps. I aim for the roundest, highest, hardest butt in history. And I am thrilled to see my legs slowly becoming more muscular and my back ...mmmm..back mucles...

Rub it in.............^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ LOL
 Pingshooter
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2010 10:53:13 AM

I was wondering if men find muscular women a turn on, or do they consider them a bit intimidating, especially in the bedroom? Does it make them feel inadequate?

Why would I feel intimidated?

Now, if you're taking steroids, and your clit is bigger then my penis..not only would I freak out..but yeah, I would be intimidated!
 Yew4ics
Msg: 181
Posted: 12/25/2010 11:57:33 AM
You pick. :) It is all about preference. Bottom line. Just go for the type you like and be done with it....LOL

That's about it. One thing I wont be picking, is a fight with you, dear lady. lol. Kudos.
 bilby886
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2010 10:33:38 PM
I once saw a very cut muscular woman crack walnuts with her thighs.!
This appealed to me and my sometime penchant for "dangerous " sex.
to go in and not have my wee-wee-bob cracked-ed

for those women to look that way ..well not all but some take 'roids...usually testosterone.
If they start early in life (late teens) they end up with a side effect/benefit of ginormous clitorii the size of a thumb. google big clits and you'll get a few hits with bodybuilder women.
I think it could be a turn on for me if she was kind to me, bought roses for me every day treated me gently yet passionate . don't use cuss words, drive our car ,earn the bacon while I stay home baking apple pies, yes I she were to show commitment maybe I would share my precious with her provide she could control that steroid fuelled temper.
 ImJayZee
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2010 12:04:37 AM
Muscular lower bodies, yes, muscular upper bodies, no. So I guess that would be a gymnast type for me.
 MsMicki
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2010 10:24:39 AM

I never bought into the buns of steel thing, because I still think that when a man takes hold of a womans butt in his hands, he likes there to be a little give. Round and high...yes. Rock hard? no. JMO

and I've found the complete opposite to be true.
Men always comment on my hard, firm butt.....especially when they try to pinch it!
I'm more "naturally" muscular.....I have to be careful with working out or I do "bulk up". My calves are already bigger than most mens ....years of diving competively got them that way.....bike riding keeps them that way.
 LongAfterDark
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2011 10:20:54 AM
If you are firm, that's fine, and sexy actually as long as you still have boobs and round behind. But if you are bulging out where you wouldn't normally if you were unmuscular, that could be unsexy.
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 187
Posted: 1/5/2011 12:19:27 PM
Girly Muscle:

if you're that pumped up and strong i'll tell you what.

i'll wrestle you for the dry side of bed!

what a woman you are!!!
 whytwater
Msg: 188
Posted: 1/5/2011 4:27:07 PM

I at one time lifted and worked out a lot, but never got big..Just isn't going to happen.

Resistance training, I think, shows differently in women than in men- women don't usually "bulk up", from I've seen. But they do get leaner, and generally, muscle-building strengthens bones. Middle-aged, pre- or post-menstrual women, according to Sally Field, need to be alert to the onset of osteoporosis. Of course, there are competitive female bodybuilders, who do make it a lifestyle, a career, but I never see them on the street, or in the gym. I hear (and read in these forums) that women shy away from resistance training because they don't want to be "muscly"- I've never met a woman who was anywhere close to that threat. lol Resistance training, and jeeps, are not just for boys.

I think built big men prefer them..but it's certainly not the rule.

Short of the professional bodybuilders, a woman with more muscle than body fat is generally more attractive, from what I can see, and as at least one woman's post noted, when you reach the point where you can see or feel your own improved musculature, it goes right to your head. Self-esteem, sure, but it's a little more than that, too. As your body strengthens, so does your mind.
Like many, I chose a career that straps me to a desk, or at least a chair, and the most strenuous thing I get to do at "work" is stand up to talk. That's the feared sedentary lifestyle, and it'll make you like your parents if you don't offset it with exercise. jmho

Yeah, OP, I'm impressed with a women with some detectable musculature. She can do more stuff than one who isn't.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 189
Posted: 1/5/2011 5:37:55 PM
In my opinion they look attractive.
But I've never dated one.
They seem to prefer very muscled guys.
(go figure.)

So I'll stick with the cute softer ladies.
...and I'm not complaining.
:-)
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 190
Posted: 1/5/2011 6:38:46 PM
Cut is cute. I love a sculpted body. Busty or flat is fine, I like to see definition, but not veins or John Boener tanning....echh!!!

I don't care how much you can bench - if it means you lift the water jugs on the trips to the supermarket, that's great!

Just - please! No sweats in public - not even the fuzzy ones the rich chicks wear to act like they're being common. Keep the gym clothes in the gym. Elsewhere wear skirts, shorts, and short-sleeves to show off what you've worked hard to attain.
 platypus_man
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2011 8:12:21 PM
Like anything else, some guys will like it, some won't. The problem comes when a woman is attracted to a man who isn't attracted to her, then she usually becomes very annoyed and behaves as if there's something wrong with HIM because of course, in her mind, no straight male could resist her.
 RushLuv
Msg: 192
Posted: 1/5/2011 9:40:47 PM
Just my own opinion, but I find buff and muscular on women NOT cool at all.

Muscularly toned is fine, but some just take things over board.

Frankly, I don't think it was intended for women to be built like men.

I like my feminine figure just fine.

Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 194
Posted: 1/6/2011 6:39:13 AM
Muscularly toned is fine, but some just take things over board.

Frankly, I don't think it was intended for women to be built like men.

I like my feminine figure just fine.

Agreed. Madonna and I are about the same age, and I think she's gone overboard. Her body fat level is very low and her arms are so sinewy and veiny they look like a man's arms.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >