Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 197
Muscular women... Turn-on or off?Page 4 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

Madonna and I are about the same age, and I think she's gone overboard.

Wow! Really? I think she looks fabulous. I gave up cross-training, dropped 20 pounds when all she did was yoga cause I wanted to look like her. I love that lean lean look. Guess maybe it's not for her anymore. (I'm not changing, however!)

~OT~ Muscular? Not appealing to me at all. I'm sure it is to others, and that's great. I just don't think it is becoming. To each their own.
 ForeverLong
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Muscular women... Turn-on or off?
Posted: 1/6/2011 4:13:14 PM
Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2 was very hot. Her muscular arms were much better than Madonna's, better than any woman's I have seen and I have been to the gym often and seen plenty.
 RushLuv
Msg: 199
Posted: 1/6/2011 7:19:06 PM
^^^Yikes. I thought Linda was too manly like in that movie, but whatever float people's boat.
 whytwater
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/6/2011 8:16:12 PM
^^^^^ Naaahhhh, Hamilton was definitely hot in that flick. Demi Moore is another example, I think, of a workout woman. Great shoulders, back, etc. Yeah, I float for them. lol
 bilby886
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2011 8:29:06 PM
float a boat?

I'm just happy if they can use just their thighs to:

1 . crack walnuts!
2. open twist top beer bottles!
 normaldude
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2011 8:29:45 PM
it is awesome to have a lady with a little meat on her bones all snuggled up in bed for the long cold winter!!! Females have bulges in all the good places for good reason!
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 203
Posted: 1/6/2011 10:14:54 PM
All of the examples given so far are a turn off for me!
Give me a dancers body or softer.... a soft muscled woman who has shape is sexy but ill take a slightly chubby girl over a muscle girl anyday! If I wanted a musclely partner I'd date a guy! ...Not!
 Yew4ics
Msg: 204
Posted: 1/7/2011 5:15:27 AM

Give me a dancers body or softer....

I agree. I have always thought dancers have the best bods ever. Look at all the pros on Dancing With The Stars...they are amazing. Everything in proportion and still have nice boobilage to jiggle, and other lady curves.
 whytwater
Msg: 205
Posted: 1/7/2011 6:58:10 AM

I agree. I have always thought dancers have the best bods ever.

Well, yeah, especially if you're talking about the pro hoofers in the entertainment biz. They do know how to present, but might be a mistake to assume that they got those bods just by dancing the night away.

Look at all the pros on Dancing With The Stars...

Lol. No. Just no. I can gawk at dancing women in lots of places, without the heinous political messages from DWTS.
 sexyisback!
Msg: 207
Posted: 1/7/2011 10:18:13 AM

Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2 was very hot. Her muscular arms were much better than Madonna's, better than any woman's I have seen and I have been to the gym often and seen plenty.

even hotter to see a ripped/in shape woman handle a fully automatic weapon calmly & professionally, with aplomb.. :)
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 209
Posted: 1/7/2011 11:57:01 AM
^^^^^^ LOL, every dish looks appearing when you're hungry huh?
 RushLuv
Msg: 215
Posted: 1/7/2011 3:16:57 PM
Flab is feminine?

Some people might consider it to be. However, those women aren't built like men. To tell you the truth, neither one are a sight for sore eyes.

vvvv

Women who lift weights don't look like men. They look like women with defined muscles.

I am referring to BODYBUILDERS here. Not all women that lift weights are built like men. Some are just muscularly toned, but don't go overboard. And, regardless of your opinion, a lot of female bodybuilders are built like men.
 RushLuv
Msg: 218
Posted: 1/7/2011 5:46:04 PM
^^Right. However, I seem to have generalized all female bodybuilders. Not all of them are built like men. So, I'll have to excuse my ignorance on the matter.
 whytwater
Msg: 219
Posted: 1/7/2011 8:33:28 PM
Now, if you're taking steroids, and your clit is bigger then my penis. . . .

Lol. Nahhhhh, roids tend to shrink the genitals, I think.

The majority of women can't build muscle like men. They don't have the testosterone levels. Women who lift weights don't look like men. They look like women with defined muscles.

Hey, when I tried to say that, everybody ignored it. What's up with that? Guess I just don't have the guns to enforce it. lol
It's real easy to find a reason, or a slew of reasons, for avoiding the gym, or avoiding the weight-training facilities they have there- toughest part of any exercise regimen is stepping out your door.
 sexyisback!
Msg: 220
Posted: 1/8/2011 10:28:23 AM

It's real easy to find a reason, or a slew of reasons, for avoiding the gym, or avoiding the weight-training facilities they have there- toughest part of any exercise regimen is stepping out your door.

yes, people who want to be flabby or don't have the discipline to exercise, or have an excuse for why they are obese, or flabby, etc., can always just say they find extreme muscle -whether on male or females - to be' ugly'.

as if they'd have a snowball's chance in h*ll of EVER looking anything like that UNLESS they devoted years of their life to discipline training & diet, etc..AND happened to have the right genetics for it.

IF anyone is 'worried' about becoming 'too muscular' if you ever did, simply stop lifting weights for a few months and you would quickly revert to your former look..It's VERY difficult to achieve the bodybuilder look, and VERY easy to to slide back into a softer, if not porky, obese 'look'
 Yew4ics
Msg: 222
Posted: 1/8/2011 4:40:02 PM

Women who lift weights don't look like men. They look like women with defined muscles. Even female natural body builders don't look like men.

I think it's a matter of opinion. Very defined muscles, is usually considered a masculine thing. Curvy and soft is usually considered feminine. So you may not think a woman who is very muscularly defined looks like a man but to some she does resemble a man. That's the way it goes. Neither opinion is wrong or right. They are both opinions.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2011 4:16:10 PM
I don't think that anyone, particularly Rush, is disagreeing with the assertion that women can't build bulk like men without some pharm aids Ruby. What I think Rush was saying is that - however they do it - many female bodybuilders do look like men to her.

I exercise regularly at the local YMCA and there are a number of women who lift weights. The best they will ever develop to is moderate muscle size that is nicely toned. Looks really nice to me. None of them will ever come close to developing muscle like a man let along a pro-weight lifter beause they don't have the horones. Ever: unless they are illegally injeting testosterone. One of my frustrations is women are afraid to lift weights for fear of looking like the Termintor: never happen.
 whytwater
Msg: 225
Posted: 1/10/2011 5:54:55 PM
Very defined muscles, is usually considered a masculine thing. Curvy and soft is usually considered feminine.

Hope you're not saying that Linda Hamilton's character, in that second Termintor flick, looks like a guy!!!! She's pretty well cut in that flick, and she is waaay hot because of it (and her eyes, 'course).
Even then, to get into that shape in the interval between the first Terminator and the second, her exercise/diet regimen must have been intense.
Those of us who work for a living gotta fit it (exercise) in. But even 2-3 times/week will work, on your appearance (longer term), but almost immediately, your energy, mood/self-esteem bounces, and that's what really brings you back- the immediate impact, which is almost entirely for your benefit, not the visual pleasure of others, and you get to revel in the knowledge that stronger muscles make stronger bones.

. . . at the local YMCA and there are a number of women who lift weights. The best they will ever develop to is moderate muscle size that is nicely toned. Looks really nice to me. None of them will ever come close to developing muscle like a man let along a pro-weight lifter beause they don't have the hormones.

I'm a Y guy myself (lol). What I have noticed is that only the best bods, of either gender, go into the free weights, and they seem to make it a social occasion, as well. There are a few Linda Hamilton types I've noticed, mostly younger than she. I think it rocks that those women have developed the confidence to get it on.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2011 8:53:49 AM

I'm a Y guy myself (lol). What I have noticed is that only the best bods, of either gender, go into the free weights, and they seem to make it a social occasion, as well. There are a few Linda Hamilton types I've noticed, mostly younger than she. I think it rocks that those women have developed the confidence to get it on.

There is one lady that i see quite often and she is 48 but has a really good physique. I agree with the social aspect. Over all it's nice to develop friends so one has more than excersizing as motivation to go.
 AquanGold
Msg: 229
Posted: 1/13/2011 4:49:38 AM
There are gillions of women who love a man with a 6pack and 20" guns.
And, there are zillions of men who love a women with a great set of legs and toned body.Maybe, its primal.
Most women don`t workout with heavy weights or strive to have a body builders appearance.
Instead,most workout their legs and use machines to enhance their bodies.
In the same token, i don`t believe these women have any problems attracting a man.
I myself find it very attractive to be with a women who`s toned,rather than soft around the mid section and rear. A great set of legs ,short skirt and 6"high heel stilettos sure drives most of us insane......
 sunnysideoflife44
Msg: 230
Posted: 6/14/2011 1:17:06 AM
I used to be a bodybuilder and still work out. Do I like bodybuilding women of course I do, but I have to say I can fall for any woman, short, tall, slender, athletic, buxom, blonde, brunette, redhead, green eyes, blue eyes, brown eyes. It is just what hits me when I am looking to find someone. Sometimes you can fall for somone just because she has a real cute nose. lol
 Archangel_07
Msg: 231
Posted: 6/14/2011 9:55:19 PM
turn on, a muscular woman's well toned body is sexy. But there has to be a happy medium balance, if she's ripping packing a muscle vein popping body I'm gone
 0p0p
Msg: 233
Posted: 6/15/2011 12:06:25 PM
I knew a pro bb gal who was on all sorts of sheet......I got worried when her voice dropped and then her bulge in her pants was bigger than mine! IMO she looked great before the PID's but once the GH and test got to here nether regions and face I could not tell if it was a man or a woman! Everytime she would bullrush, I mean walk toward me my head would play the track, "dude likes like a lady!" I think I sang it to her once and I will tell you that the beating I took that day was by no means a laughing matter. Sure everyone made fun of me for losing to a girl, but I protested cause I wanted DNA testing done!
 I_just_wanna_roadtrip
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2011 4:45:01 PM
Personally, muscular type women do it for me 100%. Just don't go over the top. But only you can judge that.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2011 8:54:31 PM
Beat me... Beat me... Make me feel cheap.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >