Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 danz_chef10
Msg: 158
Muscular women... Turn-on or off?Page 5 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
I do find it very attractive, if you're not trying to snap phonebooks in half.

I worked with a woman previously, who had such a pretty face. One afternoon, I was flipping through TV channels only to find her in a competition. She was like you, caretodream, not freakish. I believe she was in the 150 lbs. group, and won the competition. Between being happy for her success, and being turned on by her looks and physique, I was quite good for the moment.

I have wanted to date a woman like that. Being 205 lbs., I'm working out daily to get myself right for me...and also for any someone who enters my life. If I'm fortunate to be acquainted with someone with such a physique, (and a yet gentler personality) I would look up to heaven and say, "I Love You, Too".
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 159
Muscular women... Turn-on or off?
Posted: 9/7/2008 11:55:39 PM
I agree with Tao. Women should be soft and feminine. However that does not equate to size 20 and eating chips all day...........if you go to the gym or do some form of exercise and you are "toned" then I think you will look fantastic. I go to the gym 3 times a week at the moment but I still definitely look like a woman.

On the other side of this discussion, I did date a guy once in my twenties who had posters of body builder women all over his walls. I couldn't understand why he would be dating me when I was busty, round and soft.................guess I'll never understand men.
 very happy camper
Msg: 160
Posted: 9/8/2008 8:15:17 AM
I dated a body builder once for about 9 months. She was exceptionally muscular and a competitor. Despite the muscles she was very very feminine in every way. The added benefit was the large clitoris from the steroids. While I didn't agree with the drug use I sure did like that one little side benefit.
 Sardonis
Msg: 161
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:03:50 AM
I like my women dainty.

A muscular woman would not intimidate or make me feel inadequate. Not even sure why the OP would think that she could do that to a man. Trying to prove something?
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:07:36 AM
No. I like tits and asses and soft bodies. Not fat but womanly.
 mndtkc
Msg: 163
Posted: 9/8/2008 5:43:18 PM
I think muscles are attractive on men or women. I don't mean bulky muscles that strain one's clothing, but just a healthy build that makes someone look active and capable. It's also nice that you can sculpt your body's musculature because that's not generally possible with fat. Some women are lucky to add fat in a way that makes them look more feminine, but certainly not all. If a woman doesn't have a nice chest and/or rear (from fat, basically), she can always work out and change her shape. It may not please everyone, but a *lot* of guys like shapely legs and a generally toned physique.
 Dan99993
Msg: 164
Posted: 12/23/2010 11:03:46 AM
Yep. I find muscular women attractive. If the muscles are huge and the face and or body seem masculine, then no.

But some of those light to middle-weight - and maybe more, not sure of all the categories that exist - bodybuilders are yum-yum.
Women who do 'natural' bodybuilding tend to be free of the 'masculinization' that is associated with steroids users.

The combination of femininity with super-fitness (including being ripped), is very sexy. To me.

Brenda Carrier, from the 1990s (I don't know if she was a natural bodybuilder/fitness woman but she looked great) is an example.

But I like other types. I'm not that difficult.
 sexyisback!
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/23/2010 1:07:33 PM

Most female bodybuilders today are much more attractive than they used to be. Why, well, more and more women see the benefits of working out. Sure, there might be some men who see a girl with 15 inch arms and think she looks "manly", but I guess it depends on what you are looking at.

uh, I dunno, to me they are mostly more muscular and almost 'manly'..than back in the 1980's or so

Rachel McLish, the first Ms. Olympia winner in 1980, to me had a sexy look.

here are pics:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RqkZ-3TwUoA/S9MzJf9K8tI/AAAAAAAABRE/X7OSijgKkbg/s1600/785132_f520.jpg

this is her 6 years ago at age 49:

http://us2.pixagogo.com/S5b6AG0lkkBCI2l88JvN8--FldbRM2c!Wy!9M8WzYurGa5!hEQ5UdKudHiqb051pHavOijslvT!f9Po5qyXRsMR4PWZB5FzC90RCHgplImSXRn!SUGo50xwvsoErp0PkOd/rachel_mclish_49_years.jpg
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/23/2010 1:41:00 PM

A healthy weight for a woman that is 5'1 is 105-115 lbs. You are 25-35 lbs over that. So my assumption is you are way muscular.

"Toned" women are very sexy. Muscular women are not. Toned women=Fitness models. Muscular women=wannabe bodybuilders.

Muscle weighs more than fat at an equal volume. An athletic woman can weigh more than a less active one and appear to be no larger. Throw in slightly larger and firmer legs, buttocks, and shoulders, and you can easily out weigh someone by 20 lbs. and not take up more space. As you compare taller people than 5'1", the difference in weight can become quite large without seeming huge in comparison. Though, the fitness difference would be easily identified.
 hemanmachostudlovegod
Msg: 167
Posted: 12/23/2010 2:02:59 PM

I absolutely love to work out and am in great shape (I work hard at it)... I was wondering if men find muscular women a turn on, or do they consider them a bit intimidating, especially in the bedroom? Does it make them feel inadequate?
I feel inadequate next to anyone already, so that doesn't matter. Muscular women are as hot as the surface of the sun. Any intimidation is a bonus. This is the stuff of dreams, of course. I take a small comfort knowing that beneath the usual layer of insurance against starvation there are those same muscles, perhaps smaller, but there nonetheless, doing as best they can under the burden of my own impassioned blubber.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 168
Posted: 12/23/2010 4:47:41 PM

.. I was wondering if men find muscular women a turn on, or do they consider them a bit intimidating, especially in the bedroom? Does it make them feel inadequate?

Hmm...only two possible options huh?

Or maybe some of us want a soft feminine woman with curves and breasts!

When women get muscular and cut, their faces get sunk in, they get deep smile creases, veins and are hard...not soft.

Intimidate??? Inadequate??? Use that if it helps you justify not getting dates...lol
If I wanted to have sex with muscles I'd just be gay...at least I'd be sure to get bjs regularly!

WalksOnWater2
Msg: 169
Posted: 12/23/2010 5:01:56 PM

I absolutely love to work out and am in great shape (I work hard at it)... I was wondering if men find muscular women a turn on, or do they consider them a bit intimidating, especially in the bedroom? Does it make them feel inadequate?

Oh!
I got it backwards again!
I thought that women are supposed to be round and soft like squeeze balls!

Yew4ics
Msg: 170
Posted: 12/23/2010 6:49:31 PM

BTW, I'm 5'1" and about 135 to 140 pounds... so, not very big, just a comfy size.

A healthy weight for a woman that is 5'1 is 105-115 lbs. You are 25-35 lbs over that. So my assumption is you are way muscular.

"Toned" women are very sexy. Muscular women are not. Toned women=Fitness models. Muscular women=wannabe bodybuilders.

I agree. I'm 130 at 5"5, and have never strived for anything other than good muscle tone. I think some women are too buff, even if they arent that bulked up. There is nothing delicate about that look, and I think men still are drawn to that no matter how much some women try to change it.I never wanted a hard body, just a toned one....so my work out is the kind that dancers use. I use light weights and change how I use them alot. Softness is not a bad thing.Unfortunately, many women think it is. It's not the men pressuring us to look like them. Women do that to themselves. Most men still appreciate curves, and I for one am glad. Cuts are not curves. ;)
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 171
Posted: 12/23/2010 8:52:28 PM
I've been training seriously with a female body builder for six months now. I train four times a week, plus a yoga session.
I hated the way my muscles had atrophied with age. I hated my shapeless, middle-aged frame.
After about three months of training, I noticed a change. It was liking stepping back in time.
I LOVE my muscles. I have been known to surreptiously kiss my biceps. I aim for the roundest, highest, hardest butt in history. And I am thrilled to see my legs slowly becoming more muscular and my back ...mmmm..back mucles...
I love the feeling of strength. It's incredibly empowering. I don't aim to compete in any body building comps; I do it because it makes my body look better and perform better.
I'm not looking to get the Madonna-type body, complete with zero body fat, veins and tiny, shrunken breasts. I want to look toned.
Funnily enough, the only negative comments I get are from other women. They're always along the lines of "but it's not feminine". The guys all laugh when I mention my muscles, but are always impressed when they feel my guns. So...what does that tell ya?
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 172
Posted: 12/24/2010 12:34:11 AM

The guys all laugh when I mention my muscles, but are always impressed when they feel my guns. So...what does that tell ya?

It tells me they think its funny....
What it doesn't say is whether or not they're turned on by this...
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/24/2010 1:21:09 AM
^^True.
Considering the only men who've felt my muscly arms are my father, my uncle and my girlfriends' husbands, I don't think they were turned on. At least, I hope not.

I guess, though, my muscles turn me on!
 Yew4ics
Msg: 174
Posted: 12/24/2010 4:11:17 AM

I LOVE my muscles. I have been known to surreptiously kiss my biceps. I aim for the roundest, highest, hardest butt in history. And I am thrilled to see my legs slowly becoming more muscular and my back ...mmmm..back mucles...
I love the feeling of strength. It's incredibly empowering.

I can relate to what you're saying. I like feeling strong and healthy too. I never bought into the buns of steel thing, because I still think that when a man takes hold of a womans butt in his hands, he likes there to be a little give. Round and high...yes. Rock hard? no. JMO
I trained for 2 yrs with a personal trainer, and told her right from the start, I did NOT want to look like her. I said it as nicely as I could. She had that madonna look that you described. I told her I want dancers arms. Just make sure that when I wave to someone, nothing is flapping in the wind and I will be happy.
 AquanGold
Msg: 175
Posted: 12/24/2010 5:51:59 AM
I feel its a tremendous turn on to be with a women who`s in fantastic shape.
Most muscular women on a sexually level want to be dominated and are submissive. They truly adore a man who takes over and knows how to please them...
A women who works out is showing her lover her true self. They love being touched,which heightens the passion to be in great shape.

They workout with only onething in mind and that's to be beautiful for their man! Its important for them to express their beauty,its what makes them feel sensual.Which on another level is something to experience...

A muscualr women does require more sex than someone who may not be in great shape. They`ll tell you that as well...
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 176
Posted: 12/24/2010 11:33:27 AM
i dont like a woman to LOOK muscular at all....that is a turnoff to me.

but strong? its just a different way to play the same old sport....the one thing about women who are "stronger" is that they typically can do more things and move their bodies a bit better than girls who aren't....

now that is a turn on.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 177
Posted: 12/25/2010 5:49:09 AM
i am turned on by tall, athletic women who work out a lot, but body builders or those who work out way too much can be a bit of a turn off, even on a guy.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 178
Posted: 12/25/2010 7:24:35 AM
I would love to be more "cut" myself.

But alas..

soft like squeeze balls!

I at one time lifted and worked out a lot, but never got big..Just isn't going to happen.

When BIG body builders contact me, I pass them by..I know it's a lifestyle.
.I would enjoy working out some again with an SO or friend, but never obsessively like I used to..

If a man wants big guns and ripped..I have some friends I could introduce him to.

I think built big men prefer them..but it's certainly not the rule.

Rub it in.............^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ LOL
 GirlyMuscle
Msg: 179
Posted: 12/25/2010 7:25:19 AM
Just because some women are cut or muscular does not mean we are any different than anyone else emotionally. People are pretty lame when they assume this. It is not like we walk around jacked up / dehyrated show ready ALL the time. Sure it is obvious being muscular we are pretty in shape. To each his or her own. Most people who find other " too muscular" are the ones who do not have the discipline or drive to do what we do. Not all, but I notice when the insults come flying in...it is from fatties or people who later admit they cannot follow a diet or training program....Kinda hard to eat right all the time and use the gym instead of shoving Hostess down the hatch...but hey ....like I say, each person has their own idea of " sexy." Women and men make their bodies look exactly how they want. To some I may be too muscular. Gee, let me lose sleep over that. Not so much. Just like I do not find fatties attractive either. Cuts are better than curves in my world. I am still trying to figure out how a muscular woman is a wannabe bodybuilder, since it is a sport for men and women both. LOL It cracks me up when people think we walk around looking dehydrated in show appearance all the time....gawd. No, we just look muscular and cellulite free. You pick. :) It is all about preference. Bottom line. Just go for the type you like and be done with it....LOL
 Pingshooter
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2010 10:53:13 AM

I was wondering if men find muscular women a turn on, or do they consider them a bit intimidating, especially in the bedroom? Does it make them feel inadequate?

Why would I feel intimidated?

Now, if you're taking steroids, and your clit is bigger then my penis..not only would I freak out..but yeah, I would be intimidated!
 Yew4ics
Msg: 181
Posted: 12/25/2010 11:57:33 AM
You pick. :) It is all about preference. Bottom line. Just go for the type you like and be done with it....LOL

That's about it. One thing I wont be picking, is a fight with you, dear lady. lol. Kudos.
 bilby886
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2010 10:33:38 PM
I once saw a very cut muscular woman crack walnuts with her thighs.!
This appealed to me and my sometime penchant for "dangerous " sex.
to go in and not have my wee-wee-bob cracked-ed

for those women to look that way ..well not all but some take 'roids...usually testosterone.
If they start early in life (late teens) they end up with a side effect/benefit of ginormous clitorii the size of a thumb. google big clits and you'll get a few hits with bodybuilder women.
I think it could be a turn on for me if she was kind to me, bought roses for me every day treated me gently yet passionate . don't use cuss words, drive our car ,earn the bacon while I stay home baking apple pies, yes I she were to show commitment maybe I would share my precious with her provide she could control that steroid fuelled temper.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >