Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 linne
Msg: 54
Ladies: your take on short guys?Page 2 of 64    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
heh, i'd agree on the 'devensive' comment.
I work with a man with a tragic case of "Napoleon complex" as I think it's called
 handpuppet
Msg: 55
Ladies: your take on short guys?
Posted: 12/3/2005 10:52:16 AM
short guys, tall guys..every guy is welcome..just no women with an axe to grind please.
 july16ladybug
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/3/2005 11:46:57 AM
Our Firemen in Vancouver have to be over 5'8".......even if its not said......its done.....they also need to be GQ sexy gorgeous LMAO......I know it must be a requirment cause they are all drop dead gorgeous even the ones in their 50s..............mmmmm FIREMEN!!!
 july16ladybug
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/3/2005 12:21:27 PM
I dont care how some man fights another.......this forum wasnt about that (whether short men could take on tall men). It was how ladies felt about short guys. It is all a preference. I have men in my life who are short and I ADORE THEM. I wasnt out to judge anyone so please stop. The forums ask for our opinions and Im very opinionated. If a shorter man knew what I liked, could do it for me, it doesnt mean just cause he is short I wouldnt go near him. I know exactly what it is that does it for me, I prefer taller men, but if the shorter man was more intelligent etc etc then without a doubt he would have my attention.
 july16ladybug
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/3/2005 2:07:51 PM
Sorry Iron Wolf what I meant with that was its not necessarily the tall one I would go for just cause I prefer them tall, I meant if I met 2 men at a party and one was tall and one was short but the shorter one had intelligence and could light my fire way better I wouldnt go for the taller one just cause he was taller.....its just a preference nothing more.... there are totally loads of YUMMY GORGEOUS, what I like in a man shorter man mmmmmm good.
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/3/2005 8:38:14 PM
I think personally speaking I have met and seen so many really hot shorter guys and I find myself attracted to them often...cough...lostprophet...ehemmmm, the problem is that I am so tall I do feel awkward next to a guy who is shorter than myself. I guess it makes me feel like I am taking the guy's role or something and I'm all about being the girly and feminine one. So that is the only reason why I do have a height restriction on my profile.

I have read on here many women around the 5.5 mark claiming they NEED to be with tall guys that are around 6ft tall or more??? why? I wish I was 5.5 I'd be all over those 5.7-5.9 hotties I see everywhere....so ladies if you are 5.7 and under do us all a favour and open your eyes to all the men selection you have and stop being nit-picky wanting only super tall guys. Get a grip ladies that's retarded!!!
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/3/2005 9:29:27 PM
Wow that's totally insane, prophet!

What's wrong with going out with a guy the same height or a few inches taller? My ex was exactly one inch taller and truthfully I have always gone out with guys considerably taller than myself yet I didn't mind the fact that we were practically the same height, at all. I would just not wear my super tall heels, not because of him he didn't mind at ALL, it was more me I was the one with the height thing. So now I find myself checking out guys that are around my same height. tee-hee

A study revealed that taller men are offered higher starting salaries and make more money than their shorter counterparts.

and speaking of retarded things...yes this statement may be true but it's true professionally, tall men get into management positions or postions of power...blahh blahh blahhh But what the he-ll does that have to do with dating!?!?? Sometimes I am embarassed to be a woman...some women just make us look so bad and it's no wonder they keep calling us superficial and gold diggers.
 HybridFrank
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/4/2005 7:24:30 AM
i don't judge women by their height, i have dated tall and short women. I am 6'3 if you were wondering
 july16ladybug
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/10/2005 11:56:27 AM
Ive completely changed my take on shorter men LOL......who cares.....as long as Im shorter...
There are so many sexy nice shorter men who LOOK ABSOLUTELY AWESOME..short or tall who cares as long as I feel feminine and all woman with them......YESSSSSS!
 july16ladybug
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/11/2005 3:18:31 PM
Life is way to short......know what I mean!!!!!!! thats why? besides since I have been on the dating scene I have met lots of interesting men.....why limit it LOL!!!!
 themmgaL
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/3/2006 7:58:31 PM
wow u said that right attraction being a feeling not a choice!! sooooooo TRUE!!
 CarfreakOne
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2006 4:37:44 PM
Just to interject another bit of food for thought........

I am 5" 8" and will admit I don't feel confident of myself when dating women taller than me.

One of my closest friends of over 30 years is 6" 4".

Recently during a conversation he said "Well we're both the same height....."

I stopped him and pointed out I was 8" shorter than he, and he, with a puzzled look on his face said "Gee, I guess I just always percieved you as being the same height as me."

Perception can be a funny thing.

I am shorter than he is, but I am more self-assured than most folks I know.

I am guessing that maybe one's personality can cause one to seem "Bigger than life"?

Comments?

Just go easy on me - It's just food for thought.
 get_over_it
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/8/2006 6:30:56 AM
"Hi-ho Hi-ho, Its off to work we go.... doo doo doo"
 comes_comitis
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/15/2006 5:54:12 PM
Here is the answer.

its all about being an alpha male/female.

Read about fair exchange theory.

Women don't generally prefer shorter men for the same reason men generally don't prefer over weight women.

Fortunately its not all men that reject overweight women and they can lose weight.

However a shorter man cannot grow taller and it really is pretty much all women whom prefer taller men.

Anyway its not like i believe in love anyway. Its just a fair exchange of commodities. No more. How sad. I think either you stay married to your highschool sweetheart or else one becomes used to the idea (after playing the field) that there is always better, taller, etc ... around the corner.
 get_over_it
Msg: 76
Posted: 1/16/2006 3:25:56 AM
oompa-loompa diggely dee....
 1snowboarder
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/19/2006 9:20:30 AM
Hey Purelife....you are only accepting mail from 36 year olds (assuming it was an error)? I am 36 this year. Loved your profile, would love to tell you all about me. MSN perhaps?
 july16ladybug
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/31/2006 4:55:26 PM
Once again I find myself back at this forum changing my mind ruthlessly. The men I have been with lately have all been nice and tall and I really have to admit, just walking close to them made me want to rip thier clothes off. I love feeling tiny next to them and feeling like they can pick me up and throw me over their shoulders.......never mind the sex...........just sitting on them and feeling so feminine and womanly.............sorry I need to be real honest here, I have never been more turned on then when Im walking with a tall man, looking up at them knowing we will soon be ****ing our brains out...............
 lexus430
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/31/2006 5:14:12 PM
well ithink there are a lot more fat ass insecure lonely women out there than hard up short guys, i have more women then i want and i`m 5foot 4, of course i`m cool good looking have a personality and can do any thing a tall guy can do with confidence except reach the top shelf haha we are all men to each thier own preference, i love tall blondes
 Dayana
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2006 5:56:32 PM
I've dated gus 5 '5 to 6 '4,height has never been an issue for me as long as they are at least my height, but I do like men with muscles,from lean and ripped to big.
 get_over_it
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/1/2006 10:41:26 AM
aren't those the guys that Gargamel chases around?
 lexus430
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/1/2006 8:12:39 PM
don`t break a heel magicman , they can see your "high heels" you know. are you that insecure , you need an interesting life and personality to go with your 10 inch heels
 lexus430
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/1/2006 8:45:40 PM
linguatic who the hell are you talking to and about??
 lexus430
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/1/2006 8:48:29 PM
thanks twilight-twin we love you too
 lexus430
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:47:14 PM
linguatic i`m more intelligent than you and make more money than you`ll ever see,and you still look like a short guy in heels
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >