Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenEyedGirl
Msg: 132
Ladies: your take on short guys?Page 4 of 64    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Personally, height is not a big deal to me, as long as he is attractive and taller than I am (which shouldn't be too tough to do since I'm a shorty). My last BF was only 5'4", and the one before that was 6'6".
 fenderbender
Msg: 137
Ladies: your take on short guys?
Posted: 10/8/2006 5:45:07 PM
you people are so fickle......mike
 cotter
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2007 10:22:18 AM
The bott0m line ... it's not so bad that a man might be "short" or "vertically challenged" ... it's more that he is truthful about stating his height in his profile.

I have discovered that the majority of men who supposedly fall into the "short" or "vertically challenged" category cannot find it within themselves to be honest about it on their profiles.

I've communicated with men who insist they are 5"9" and taller and when we meet, we are basically looking eye-to-eye. WTF is that all about? I'm a mere 5"3" ... did they take some sort of "shrinking pill" right before they left out for the meeting?

So for me, the "challenge" is not in their height ... it's in finding a man who is honest about his height. Why is that so important you may ask? Because if he's gonna lie about that in order to get a date with me, what other stuff is he lying about that is not so easily noticed?

Also to note ... if a guy is not realistic enough about himself to accept and state his true height, then he's no doubt quite "challenged" about the realities of many other aspects of his life. NO THANKS ... that's just too much of a "challenge" for me.

I have no problem dating a man under 6' tall ... but he must be an honest individual and in touch with reality ...
 junipermoon
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2007 11:40:03 AM
since i stand 5'1" (well...almost), i really don't care about a man's height, although i really don't prefer giants.

i do care about whether he stays in shape, though.

and the condition of his mind.

nothing worse than a mental midget.
 hopefulromantic2
Msg: 142
Posted: 5/24/2007 11:42:44 AM
I am a "short guy" at about 1/2 inch under 5'8. In my opinion you can't blame someone for liking what they like. Attraction isn't about logic. I have dated woman who were 5'10" to 4'11" so height it is not a problem for me but I don't begrudge anyone for their preference. Besides, like just about everyone else on the planet I have preferences too.

I am a decent guy who is comfortable in my own skin and with my life. I want to be with someone who is attracted to me for all those reasons that can't be defined but you know when you feel them.
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 149
Posted: 10/17/2007 2:30:03 PM
My Freudian amigos,

a tall and lean man's figure is a phallic figure. More than a tall and muscular man or a short and muscular man. Women would like muscles for a little bit, but at the end they will fall for the tall and lean man. :)
 becca210
Msg: 150
Posted: 10/17/2007 2:36:21 PM
There are many really cool short guys. Think about Tom Cruise (actually he makes barf but he is handsome/buff), Michael J. Fox, Bob Costas, and on and on.
I am just under 5'...my husband was 6'4", my current is 6'2" and on and on.
I would love to meet someone down here on my planet......that didn't have to lean over to kiss me. However, I never dated anyone because of their height.
Becca
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2007 7:31:36 PM
I hate short men

no wait..that's hobbits

I'm confused
 EC22
Msg: 154
Posted: 10/17/2007 7:42:47 PM
Many women don't date short men because they think short men are "insecure" or a taller man can "protect her better". Both generalizations are false.
 goenitz
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2007 11:53:28 PM
This may be a hard pill for many women to swallow, but to reject some man based on their height without getting to know their personality is well, er..shallow! Same thing with men who won't even talk to women because of their weight. To judge someone based on something without seeing the person for who they really are is not a very high quality trait. Are you going to reject a person from a different race because of their race? Isn't that racism? Hate to break it to you, but making judgement on someone based on their height and racism fall into the same category, it's all bigotry.

You can bottle it up all nice by calling it a "preference" or whatever by trying to defend your beliefs, but deep down, you know that you are simply being bigoted. If you all truly believed that your tastes and attractions were normal and right, you would not be on this site all the time asking other people if your tastes were normal and right!

And to the women who say "tall men make me feel secure," all this shows me is that you yourself are insecure and have issues with your own self-esteem. Most secure men would avoid you. And before you go any further, realize that I myself am 6ft, so I am above average height, I do not have a "chip" on my shoulder, I just call it like I see it.

Well, that's my two cents. I guess it's time to sit back and watch the flaming begin
 c_deacon
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2007 1:53:08 PM
It is almost funny about height....... For some I am considered short at 5'10", and for others tall.

I have had women state that they only dated a man over 6' since they enjoy wearing high heels most days and want to still look up to that man, not in the eyes or down. I have others state that they like taller because it usually means a larger frame as well, and many feel safer, and more relaxed with a man that dwarfs them.

It becomes more of symmetry then anything else. How you look and feel with the one you are with, and how they feel with you.

To each his or her own........I might not agree with much of it, but I do understand it.

Just my opinion.......
 sexybrunette333
Msg: 162
Posted: 10/20/2007 5:01:25 PM
I'm 5' 8". My ideal height range for a man is 5' 8" to 6 ft even, but I have dated men outside this range because there was other things about them that I liked.
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2007 4:13:31 PM
...Never done it...but I think it would be so fun to take a woman to dinner in a very fancy place ..who is at least 4 inches taller than I..and with heels..well..you get the picture...

...I can just imagine the table chatter when folks see us together...and speculating on it could be a great way to spend a few minutes waiting on our appetizer..;)

...Seriously though..most of the women I see on here are taller than me...so if I had a thing about not dating taller women...I would seriously be limiting the number of perfectly wonderful women available to me out there....

Malley
Msg: 167
Posted: 10/27/2007 8:51:05 AM
IMHO ... If I wanted a Peter Pocket (Polly's little brother) ... I'd head to the nearst Toys R Us ...
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2007 9:11:22 AM
ummmmm...they are short?
 friskey
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2007 9:50:45 AM
Well maybe that is one reason I have so many Asian and oriental girlfriends. From Like Japan, Korea & Philippines. They are excellent women. I am 5’ 7” and they Love me.. Not because they want to get into the country. Tell that to The Japanese women
they will laugh at you.. Short Men out there, Try these Women they are Good Women let me tell you….. Maybe that is why I seem to attact so many of them – Thank goodness I live in Hawaii where there are like hundreds of thousands of them..
I have been to their countries too and the food is great…
 Who.Me
Msg: 171
Posted: 11/4/2007 1:21:28 PM
My father was short.....and I didn't like him!

Enough said?
 chuckyB51
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2008 2:27:37 PM

Some of us just plain ol' love men and worry more about things like:
-Is he a good person?
-Is he at least semi-intelligent?
-Does he love his family and friends?
-Can he laugh at himself?

It's too bad that more women don't think like you do. Yet, the majority of women put height first on your list. Height has become more important than...
"Is he good person?"
"How will he treate me?"
"Will he love me more than anything else in this world?"

Women have hidden their superficial and shallow tendencies behind "preference" and "physical attraction". Many will use the word preference incorrectly when it comes to height because they will not date a short statured male. The word that should be used is "requirement". Women should have a sign like the amusement park that says, "You have to be atleast this tall to date me."

Then there are those that will try to compare height with weight. Weight can be changed...Height can not be. They are not the same.

You stated a double standard that I have talked about for a long time. If a woman says, for example, "I want a man who is tall, dark and handsome." It is called preference or physical attraction. But, if a man for example says, "I want a woman who is skinny, blond and large breasted." He is called a superficial pig, who only cares about the outside by women. Isn't this a double standard?
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 174
Posted: 2/17/2008 3:31:06 PM
This is a pretty huge tiopic for POf. Guys don't care about height, women are the picky ones. I am 5'3. and a half. I have actually been rejected on this site and even laughed at for being short. Its really lame and shallow. I don;t care about high heels those things are torture devices but whear what you want as long as they are not ugly clunky blatform heels. a Shoe should be comfortable. Since when is 5'8 the acerage considered short and 5'10 is the defacto standard for a girlt o be attaracted to a guy? It seems liek a minimum for the shallow lady and there are lots of them. Especially on the internet. And I agree about the crushing thing. I would like a girl who weighs less than me. I weigh about 160lbs. I would not want a hefer crushing me. Men care about weight and women care about height. My rule of thumb women should weigh less than 200lbs it depends on height to weight ratio. And have a height of anywhere from 4'10-6' Anything taller is a bit uncomfortable.

And its weird seeing a tall towering guy witha gril who is my heights. You feel protected from what? Especailly, if you live int he suburbs. Its jsut abnother excuse to be shallow. If you live in the street of harlem you need protection thats a survival instinct. If you live ina ritzy little suburb where people on average make 80K a year then stop being a shall snob. Sure everyone has their prefernces.

But what ever ahppened to loving someoen for what's on the inside? getting to knwo someoen and givign them a chance isntead of outright rejecting people before even talking to them? And the person who wrote this she seems to knwo something. Height does not relate to penis size I have had too many female friends who get upset with their 6 '2 guys with 4 inch Meanwhile I am 5'3 with a 6 inch and its thick and juicy

And doy ou want to get crushed under someone's weight? What about when he eats you out of house and home. MY pal chris is 6 feet tall and he eats like a horse! But seriously height is a non issue that many shallow women make an issue out of. I've actually been dumped by women for guys who were unnattractive with blemished faces but the guy was about a foot taller. Cna he really protect her ebtter than me? A guy who was in many fights in highschool and even stabbeda locla bully in the chest witha screw driver when I was 16 and being attacked. That guy never btohered me again.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2008 5:36:33 PM
For the below average height guys I encourage you to check out NOSSA...National Organization of Short Statured Adults

www.nossaonline.com

This is a great place to talk about issues facing short statured men without some woman complaining on here about short guys whining or the infamous Napoleon Complex.
 TIRECOLLECTOR
Msg: 177
Posted: 2/17/2008 9:53:40 PM
lol I'm 5'7 and a half and like 155lbs lol I look at it like they either like me or they don't. Tallest women I've dated was 5'9, but she pasfically only wanted short man for some reason and yeah I did question why, never got a straight answer either lol

I know there are some women that definally wouldn't go out with me cause I'm short and I sayto some pick out who you think is a real man and I'll kick his ass lol.

And I know how that my height doesn't really matter because I've must of meet 20 women off here in the last two years and had more than 5 sexual incounter with 7 out of 20.So there you go men lol.

I must say I know what I'm doing lol I know how to get them hot and then they just want me lol.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2008 7:40:22 PM
From what I have seen on here, this is an issue that most don't want to talk about. Men seem afraid to speak because they are going to be called a whiner and women don't because most look superficial based on their height requirements.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >