Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 761
view profile
History
Ladies: your take on short guys?Page 64 of 64    (24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64)

What about the short guys who don't think that their shortness is a bad thing or something that they should be ashamed of?

They would be the ones getting dates I would assume, no one likes to be around people who feel sorry for themselves. I have a good friend who has MS, she is frequently in pain and struggles daily with her disease... she is also the most active and positive person I know.. and she never complains that her disability holds her back, or that she deserves special treatment. She puts able-bodied people to shame.

My very first boyfriend was 5'3"... never seemed to be a problem for him... my late husband was 6'4"

I don't really care if I find them attractive and they have awesome personalities.. but to be truthful my eyes do tend to notice the taller men first, and the better-lookin' ones. Of course then they frequently open their mouths and ruin the effect. There's so much more to people than just the outside... but beauty and size ARE what we notice first. It's the whole first impression thing, and I believe it is mainly subconscious. More mature people will be able to see the 'more' in others and give it the credence it deserves.

Peace
 4dutyandhumanity
Msg: 762
view profile
History
Ladies: your take on short guys?
Posted: 5/8/2008 7:23:41 AM
but beauty and size ARE what we notice first

I'd say very few men are particularly conscious of a woman's height, if at all. It certainly means nothing to me. Sorry, but that's a gal thing.

Self confidence is an important component of getting dates, as is the efficient use of one's time. Shallow women, and women who are excessively anal about physical traits, are time wasters, which is one reason why this discussion is important for men to have.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 763
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2008 9:59:26 AM
Very few men are conscious of a lot of things, especially details.. why do you think we have to point out a new hairstyle, or outfit? (woman) "honey, what do you think?" (man) um-oh *what the hell am I supposed to notice?* "looks great sweetheart!"

I would think men would be more conscious about a women who was taller than average than the height of a woman who was short or average, especially if they were topping the six foot mark...just a hunch.

Peace
 c_deacon
Msg: 764
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2008 10:15:24 AM
Absolutely........It all is relative to your size and what you want, or wants you.......

I think the first thing I notice when I see a female, will be the over all attractiveness and looks of that person, then I will notice the height and condition of that person. The shoes she may be wearing, the clothes and over all symmetry.

I am caught in that same complex situation that many women seem to be, and that is that I prefer to be with another that is my height or smaller, and not with someone that makes me feel smaller in stature overall.

When I see women and have to look up at them instead of into their eyes, or down to their eyes, it does have an effect on me. If a woman is 5'10" and puts four inch heels on, the symmetry of the two of us just is not right with my 5'10" frame. Just as women enjoy wearing heels and how it makes them look and feel, men enjoy having women in heels as much.

This also can be with body frame and weight as well, and as a man that is not large in stature, I prefer to have my dates be my size or smaller........all a matter of preferences....

Just my opinion........
 northeast25
Msg: 765
Posted: 5/8/2008 10:38:14 AM
I would think men would be more conscious about a women who was taller than average than the height of a woman who was short or average, especially if they were topping the six foot mark...just a hunch.

Maybe some men would, but many other men don't care about height or actually prefer taller women. Women generally care about height than men do. BTW less than 1% of women are at least 6 ft tall or more.
 yarimelma
Msg: 766
Posted: 5/8/2008 10:51:13 AM
I rejected more wimminz because of their height then they rejected me...
One thing I cant stand is the tall wimminz....yikes!
such a turn off....
 TheEmeraldTeardrop
Msg: 770
Posted: 5/9/2008 8:22:52 AM
I'm not too concerned about height.

Good people who "get you" and match you are extremely hard to find in this life. If you find one, you hold onto them as tight as you can and consider yourself lucky. If that means the person is a couple of inches shorter than you then that's ok.

That being said there are some men who think height is the ONLY issue as to why they are not getting dates and that's just not true. Even if you were taller overnight there could still be deal breakers at work against you.

I have never met an extremely wealthy short guy who was alone not by his own choice. I think men need a better job of doing the math at what motivate most women.
 4dutyandhumanity
Msg: 772
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2008 4:53:43 PM
Last weekend I had my once-per-millennia evening out. Even more rare, it was a dress up evening out. Naturally, given my forum height obsession, I started noticing women, their heels, and their dates. I immediately saw couples where the woman, in heels, was either at her date's height or a little over. Then I realized that such couples were not uncommon at all. And at the end of the night, I realized that heel assisted women who were as tall as their partners were probably half of all couples at the event. My explanation: most women actually have enough SELF-CONFIDENCE in their own femininity that being at the same height as their partners makes no difference.

I've also been keeping up with another forum thread about a man engaged to a woman who finds out that she's eight years older than she told him. He's wondering whether he should call off the marriage. Check out the rage being directed at this guy by female posters ! I'm not really shocked by the number of women that think they have a right to lie about their ages, but I am shocked about their passion in defending their right to do so - and their insistence that 'age is just a number.' Well, height's just a number, too. Wouldn't you love to know how many height queens who dropped by this thread to belittle men for a single physical characteristic had shaved a few years of their ages? More than few, I'd guess. I'd love to see the verbal gymnastics explaining why finding someone unattractive due to height is cool, while age based judgments are a crime against humanity.

When I first started reading this thread, the women, and men too, who stopped by just to say, 'sorry, but I'm just not attracted to short guys' or 'I want to see my girl looking up at me' annoyed me. I now think they're funny, like people who are always getting goofed on for saying idiotic things. In other words, I'm not laughing with them. If you're middle aged, and you're advertising yourself here on PoF because you can't get dates, and you think wanting a tall man 'because you like to wear heels' is just common sense, you need to smarten up. If you can. Really.

And post your real age.
 4dutyandhumanity
Msg: 774
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 10:02:04 AM

8 times as many people on whatever dating site it is they were studying were age 29

Wouldn't surprise me. I'd broaden that to include ages ending in 9 generally. They seem overrepresented.

And certainly, men lie about their ages too. I caught someone I knew slightly claiming to be years younger than me, when I knew he'd graduated from high school years ahead. Very amusing.
 4dutyandhumanity
Msg: 775
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 4:15:46 PM

I really don't understand why you guys are still talking about this......

Well Yari, these are the forums, and the forums are for talk. No talk, no forums, no fun.

I think we're performing a service ... to humanity.
 northeast25
Msg: 776
Posted: 5/10/2008 4:27:40 PM
there are tons of beautiful short wimminz out there 5'0-5'3 ......

Going after shorter women doesn't necessary improve the chances of short men. There are plenty of women in that height range who wouldn't date a man who is 5' 5" or 5' 6" because he doesn't match their height requirement.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >