Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Babygirl1963
Msg: 246
Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...Page 15 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
I totally understand... I think it's the fun in the chase & then when they realize you have feelings they run because they got what they wanted. This site is full of males & females like this and it makes the ones who are truly honest & open on here get played. It's sad that in our times people can't be just open & totally honest instead of just running like a child. Be more careful & weed through the players. People like that are not worth your time because if they done it once they will do it again..
 Javan2
Msg: 247
Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...
Posted: 7/13/2008 7:00:56 AM
fightersbreath says: " Sometimes guys do really love you but they have relationship problems with serious commitments and they get scared... so they push away what they love. I think he is attracted to you... just afraid of what he loves. Lots of guys, I think, have this problem. It happened with my ex and I and we were together for 7 months."

Scary how some women seem to know men too well.
 WHERESMYQT
Msg: 249
Posted: 7/13/2008 7:49:54 AM
i cant believe from the post i have read no one has mentioned maybe he is a player and something else has come along. smooth talkers /players will tell you just what you want to hear and the get what they want and put that notch on there belt and call you for a booty call next time there lonley. just a guess and its not just men who do that!!
 Quick007
Msg: 261
Posted: 7/13/2008 10:17:39 AM
Hmmm I'm a guy,this is my my perspective on your problem.....
Number one most guys will say just about anything to get what they want, even the L word. I was married for 17 years, and since my divorce I have yet to use it with another women, so there are exceptions.
Number two might be that your moving to quick....as hard as it is, slowing down the relationship process is the healthiest thing one could do(6mo minimum. If your partner has a problem with that remember there are plenty of fish out there, finding just one can bring you the happiness your looking for!!!
Don't give up, never give up.....someone is looking for you as well....
 La Gioconda
Msg: 262
Posted: 7/13/2008 10:47:04 AM
ATTENTION: Has anyone noticed, OP is gone from this site long time.
She started the threat back in 2005, almost three years ago. I don't think her question would be valid any longer, and hopefully by now she is in loving and caring relationship.
La Jaconde
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
 Antonesque
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 11:04:29 AM
Yes, its a horrible feeling. There could be many reasons and he's not playing games.

It could be that all of a sudden other things in his life, work, home family, are demanding his attention. Guys, as most women don't seam to realize, don't multi-task well, they can only deal with one thing at a time. For many of us, getting just one thing done a day is an achievement. Why do you think that DayTimers and books like "Getting Things Done" and time organizer software and tools like the Palm Pilot are so popular with guys. Its not 'cos they are all geeks! Why do you think executives have secretaries to arrange their schedules?

The book I'd recommend is actually the "Venus and Mars". It may be trite in many ways but the basics about that women need to talk and men need to retreat into their 'cave' (which these days might be a computer!), has some truths.

The nice thing about e-mail is that its not like the telephone. You don't have to respond "in real time". You can e-mail him a gently, but please NON VERBAL, reminder that you enjoyed his company. As I said, men and women don't communicate in the same way.

However is guys ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS do this to you regardless of what's going on in their lives there may bea reason that has nothing to do with the guys.
 darkeyes67
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 11:06:12 AM
Many, many reasons....but you're not alone. I've heard love words from several women who then seem to lose interest in a week....
 winmel
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 11:28:42 AM
why don't you ask him directly?

Mel
 Dodieodo
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 11:33:21 AM
HE MADE YOU SLEEP IN A CAR? I have a Newsflash for you my dear! No one makes you do anything! You said he hinted for you to go home yet you chose to stay and sleep in your car! People Can Only Do To You What YOU Allow Them To Do!
You also said he liked to play games and scare you? This is not only a sign that he does not truly care for you it should have been a BIG RED FLAG telling you that there is something seriously wrong with the guy and that you needed to run! Another issue is that you stated that he liked your looks but you had little in common but neither of you cared about that... this says that the relationship is based purely on physical attraction and chances are very slim that people who have nothing in common besides physical attraction will have a chance at a long term relationship! Looks change as you age and if two people have no common interests then what do you really have? Good relationships are built on a solid foundation of friendship, trust and love as well as attraction! Stop Crying.. Put On Your Big Girl Panties... Go To a CODA meeting and try to make better choices and not ignore all the signs next time around!
 EagleEric
Msg: 270
Posted: 7/13/2008 11:47:26 AM
They love you until they find someone other they love more. Your problem is you attach too much importance to the word "love". You'll have to learn to value or dechiper what it means depending upon who says it!

The Eagle
 karma1160
Msg: 272
Posted: 7/13/2008 12:22:27 PM
I am really sorry this happened to you . I think that it is good to remember that sometimes infatuation mixed with homones feels like love but it truly is not . Don't beat yourself up for being affectionate and nuturing to someone it just proves that you are human and your capable of these things but the next time wait till you are absolutely sure that this person wants to have a real relationship with you AND THAT THEY DESERVE YOU! Trust your gut #1 and always be true to your own heart!
 neaj28
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 12:50:48 PM
Don't be too crazy about your feeling like me I have experienced how you feel but just think you're not the only one in his life maybe he had met a few or more and doing things the same as what he had done to you to make believe he cares but the truth is just playing games ...that's the way it is ...be strong and think that he's not the only one you can still find better than him show that guy ..he's nothing to you what he did was to play you off thinking you really care much so he 's very proud of himself that you're crazy about him so really the best thing is to MOVE ON 'coz that's better for you and be sure to be careful not to get touched whatever you feel with those nonsense words to fool your feelings .... be careful ok?
 redheadlady4
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 9:13:15 PM
Gigimo???? Who wrote that book you mention?? I cant find it online anywhere..help???
 HowRad
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 9:31:41 PM
I think your answer could very well be right, or.... perhaps the guy didnt feel like it was a two way street...And I have been there before...beware of the type with the big come on and no follow up, all smiles to get whatever they want from you, and not a care in the world about you...after all...its all about them!!! If thats the case I say good for him, its better than fighting about it and all the crappy drama some woman just live for..Im over all that B.S. Either you like someone or you dont. Dont play frigin games! And when its over, bow out gracefully, but definitely, and start fishing again!!!
 HowRad
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 9:35:42 PM
Another woman equating love with money, he doesnt spend that much to get me, I shouldnt give in la la la . Please go to the paysite! youll get what they pay for and so will they, goldbrickers! LOL!
 tuttivictoria
Msg: 283
Posted: 7/13/2008 9:59:30 PM
Hello,

Something similiar to this happened to my close friend, but she was engaged and lived with a man. Except he hired a non english speaking whore from Ensenada to take care of him because he had an accident, and was having an affair with her. He just said he didn't love my friend anymore, and there were so many things he didn't like about her. And that he was so sad that he was much happier with this woman who didn't speak english, the whore didn't speak english. She couldn't argue or question his bizaare actions, so he could always be right. And he had to be right all of the time. So this man loved her in his abusive way for four years, bought her a huge ring.... and then brought this woman in, and dumped my friend like she was trash. My girlfriend was never able to get the rest of her things out of that house, she only had 30 minutes to gather her things and get out. That is all he gave her. And listen to this ladies...... Please listen to this men......if a person is so casual with your heart, do you think they care about giving you a disease. Please protect yourself out there......don't assume anything people
 scotttheartist
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 10:23:53 PM
It's simple, it's out of fear. Many people fear getting too close, men and women. They can only handle so much closeness, intimacy, affection. Even with sex they can only take it so far and then a relationship requires you to be both strong and vulnerable and that takes a kind of courage many people don't have. Even though everyone wants love and affection, fear can get in the way and if they aren't emotionally strong and centered they'll just walk away from it all.
 vivaciousvixen2
Msg: 292
Posted: 7/15/2008 1:47:21 PM
i look back on the last person that i met and reviewed all of the things that he said. like we only talked on the phone two days. we never even talked just everything.... but there is something about me...........i keep all e-mails dates times caller id-s letters so ........my HOUSEKEEPING on new relationships is overly accurate. So OP i understand what you are saying. because i reviewed every comment that was said to me. and 1 1/2 months ago to 2 months ago this man was soooooooooooooo nice to me
then he just turned. i wasn't imagining it. i have the letters to prove it.
actually, love it when i go to court i have a 3 backed up e-mail server copies of 5000 e-mails from my ex husband LEGAL PROOF. I LET HIS LAWYER KNOW. And many are printed and READY to GO!
Not to waste your time or mine any more then these uncaring mean losers have wasted it. They are sniffing other p u s cy. So while you and i have invested our hearts, they are sniffin' dirty smelly unwashed scabied dogs.

SORRY. CRY. Find a Real Man. Where when you keep memories, you can look back on them fondly, not with disgust of who else they are trying to do behind your honest sincere heart and soul. Where there is a future.....a present and a history...........but just for both you and him.
He is putrid trash
 DreamDancer44
Msg: 293
Posted: 7/15/2008 2:27:20 PM
This is such an old thread and there are so many replies but you can add me to the list. Throughout my many years of dating I've come across way too many guys who "love you so much" then a minute later it's completely changed. I do know through the stories of male friends that some females do this too. People like that are such a waste of time. Why do they bother? Too bad we can't leave a label on them for the next person to be warned. I don't care what their reasons are I wouldn't want to date a guy who has done that to anybody.
 Thode
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2008 7:23:56 PM
If a man is telling you he loves you that quickly, then YOU REALLY need to step back and take a GOOD STRONG look at him. My sugestion is let him know that this is nice BUT.... you need both need more time together and no not moving in together. If you really don't know him have a way to get his SS# and some back ground info so you can run a credit and info "like google" on him. Too quike too many fast get aways.

Thode
 laurdust
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 1:04:32 AM
Heres a thought for all of you... ...... Im 53 , been married once, even had myself a few relationships too through the years....Not once, not even the father of my own 2 sons, had ANY man ever told me that he actually 'loved me'!
...then again, I AM attracted to intelligent men .....
 sugarcookie
Msg: 305
Posted: 10/29/2008 10:38:05 AM
There's lots of reasons people do things, but why waste time analyzing anyone who told you he loved you, missed you, would call you, and then didn't-and you saw him online? What more do you need to get out of Dodge? Sometimes it's best to wave bye bye in your rear view mirror, than to keep on investing in someone who you know is lying to you and evidently trying to find his next, "love". A little hurt now is better than a big hurt after he's done this again. And again.
 laurdust
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2008 7:36:30 PM
Well thank-you there Jimbo, but I didnt sneeze either I was just commenting on how some guys without having any particular strategy or seemily any intelligence can just murmer a few words just to get what they want...seems pretty senseLESS.

As me for me, well yeah, its sad but true too. Still striving to do better though
 mortalez
Msg: 315
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:26:52 PM
Paleeeeezzz. men go through this more often, atleast your a woman and have the knowledge that another man will come along.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >