Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Thode
Msg: 475
view profile
History
Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...Page 20 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
If a man is telling you he loves you that quickly, then YOU REALLY need to step back and take a GOOD STRONG look at him. My sugestion is let him know that this is nice BUT.... you need both need more time together and no not moving in together. If you really don't know him have a way to get his SS# and some back ground info so you can run a credit and info "like google" on him. Too quike too many fast get aways.

Thode
 plentyofluv4u
Msg: 476
Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...
Posted: 10/28/2008 9:54:06 AM
Believe me hon,I am a male who has had this happen several times before,and i know how it feels...I do not understand why anyone would play with someones emotions like that.This scenario just happened to me recently as a matter of fact...You just seem to want someone who is honest with you...I am slowy learning that people in general don't seem to know exactly what they want or why...You do deserve better though(i think most people do)...
 katails
Msg: 477
Posted: 10/28/2008 11:27:43 AM
MAYBE ITS CAUSE YOU GIVE OF YOUR SELF TO MUCH . YOU KNOW THAT ALL MEN ARE LIERS . YOU CAN NEVER TRUST ANY OF THEM . ALL THEY ARE LOOKING FOR IS A ROLL IN THE HAY .
 I wanna *ROCK*
Msg: 478
Posted: 10/28/2008 12:57:56 PM
Trust me hun I know exactly how you feel. I was dating this guy and after one and a half weeks he told me how much he liked me and how he was for sure that I was his soul mate. What a bunch of bullshit!! He was out of town when he said this and it was thru a text. If you really feel this way about someone be man enough to call or say it in person. Anyways he got back and treated me like shit then a week later broke up with me. What a piece of shit! Every guy does something like this to me and I don't get it either. But I feel for you because it happens to me all the time!
 saralee6969
Msg: 479
Posted: 10/28/2008 7:13:08 PM
i just had this happen online!!!!! OMG! he like totaly like made me like him said the right things phoned me said it all now he quit talkin to me totally???????? LIKE WTF!! lmaO!!! anyway well i say ur not ugly ur beatiful! so dont worry:) more fish out there n hes not worth ur time if hes like that:) !!!!!!! u deserve much more:)
 laurdust
Msg: 480
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 1:04:32 AM
Heres a thought for all of you... ...... Im 53 , been married once, even had myself a few relationships too through the years....Not once, not even the father of my own 2 sons, had ANY man ever told me that he actually 'loved me'!
...then again, I AM attracted to intelligent men .....
 ozwunder69
Msg: 481
Posted: 10/29/2008 1:31:09 AM
I guess guys are just like girls, a relationships starts then they look for something better??
 ShyLabLady
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 8:04:27 AM
Something very similar just happened to me, as well. What was your guy's name? Maybe it's the same one. You never know. Mine was "Dave".
 sugarcookie
Msg: 483
Posted: 10/29/2008 10:38:05 AM
There's lots of reasons people do things, but why waste time analyzing anyone who told you he loved you, missed you, would call you, and then didn't-and you saw him online? What more do you need to get out of Dodge? Sometimes it's best to wave bye bye in your rear view mirror, than to keep on investing in someone who you know is lying to you and evidently trying to find his next, "love". A little hurt now is better than a big hurt after he's done this again. And again.
 HandsomeShyGuy
Msg: 484
Posted: 10/30/2008 2:02:28 PM
He's a player.......
 ChaosEmerald
Msg: 485
Posted: 10/30/2008 2:42:15 PM
I know how you feel...my bf of 6 months did that to me 5 days ago...one minute it was "baby I love you and I'll talk to you in the morning" then he logs on the game we play two hours later and says "I love someone else and I don't love you anymore like I used to and I just love you as a friend and not like you love me." I was like "Wut?" I couldn't believe it. We were going to get married and we had even gotten married in the game and our friends were all excited and this happens and I'm sitting here going "What the hell?"
 wild331
Msg: 486
Posted: 10/31/2008 5:47:38 PM
He didn't love you. You can't love someone after a month. You can be infactuated but not love. You don't know a person well enough. Something scared him off and unfortunatly we men run. He only said I love you and miss you to make you happy. He knows how to play the word game of bullshit. The words get him everything he wants and you fell for it.
 wild331
Msg: 487
Posted: 10/31/2008 5:55:31 PM
Katails is right, men just want to get laid. But if there is chemestry , there will be more dating and will lead into a relationship. Communication is important, you must have this or it is over as fast as it started. There is nothing wrong with a roll in the hay if is what you both want. If he trys and you say no and he comes back there is more than the roll in the hay. If after the 3rd date you don't end up in the hay , then it is time to move on to a better pasture, cuz neither has it for the other.
 smileee4u
Msg: 488
Posted: 10/31/2008 6:41:23 PM
He has lost attraction for you. He has no reason to pursue you. You have given him everything, so he doesn't have any need to "try" anymore, so his desire has been extinguished, by you acting as if you are married to him. He has no desire to go after you, because you are already there. He doesn't want to feel as if he has lost his freedom. Get a life outside of him. This will make you both happier.
 03harleydude
Msg: 489
Posted: 11/9/2008 12:49:25 AM
I was so taken aback by what you wrote...
Such a sad thing in life... Really...
God Bless You!!
jim
 03harleydude
Msg: 490
Posted: 11/9/2008 1:02:24 AM
my above post was after reading, and in ref to
what laur2u wrote...
 laurdust
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2008 7:36:30 PM
Well thank-you there Jimbo, but I didnt sneeze either I was just commenting on how some guys without having any particular strategy or seemily any intelligence can just murmer a few words just to get what they want...seems pretty senseLESS.

As me for me, well yeah, its sad but true too. Still striving to do better though
 Harmony1971
Msg: 492
Posted: 7/26/2009 7:46:15 PM
Geez, sounds almost the same as what happened to me. Maybe the same guy. lol

I dont think that I will truly understand this but I give you my sympathies I know it hurts, I really am starting to think that online dating may not be the way to go. It seems you meet have some unreal expectations but then it is just to easy to keep looking for better so no one really gets a fair chance.
 mortalez
Msg: 493
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:26:52 PM
Paleeeeezzz. men go through this more often, atleast your a woman and have the knowledge that another man will come along.
 Dtyson1
Msg: 494
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 12:03:57 PM
Don't dwell on why? just remember its better that you found out now then later into the relationship it would of been harder....at first you may have a hard time but move on girl and when the right guy comes along you will be glad you did.
 grendal
Msg: 495
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 1:12:15 PM
Men do this becaue they hate women. Seriously. To many men, dating is an adversarial activity. The idea of partnership with a woman is foreign to them. They see relationships as being all about domination and control. A man who suddenly ignores you is doing so to see how much crap you'll put up with.
 Wiyan
Msg: 496
Posted: 9/22/2009 11:35:05 AM
The only thing that never changes is the fact that people change. Go figure-fact of life.
 californiadreamer50
Msg: 497
Posted: 9/23/2009 12:01:21 AM
Shauna,
I'm with u girl, believe it or not I'm 59 and still haven't figured out this relationship thing. I've been divorced for over 30 years and didn't date for 15 years I got so tired or devious men. But then last year a freind talked me into trying this dating net thing and it has me totally baffled. I've had the same thing happen to me, one day they just can't seem to get enough of you, calling, texing u all day, coming by then boom, no show, no calls, not tex, no nothing! And ur right u see they have been on line yet they don't respond to your mesages. I don't understand it at all, they claim their looking for a serious relationship, then the minute u start getting serious, bam they disapear as quickly as they appeared, like Hudini! I wish the heck I could tell u it gets easier and better with age, but it seems like men just done grow up sometimes. Yes and it is a horrible feeling, one guy I met on line and was seeing for about 5 months just up and moved and never even told me he was moving, then I get a mesg. this moring asking me how I was doing and that he had moved and would never be returning to this area, I cried all morning because I had really fallen for him and he told me I was an amazing woman. I'm just hoping some day love will concore all and that there is still hope at the end of a rainbow. Today I went in and rewrote my whole profile, because I realized after rereading mine it made me sound needy and that's when men seem to take advantage of a women the most is when they think u have to have a man to survive. I don't have to have one, I just want one to share my life with. I wish u the best and if u ever need a friend to chat u know where to find me.....Take care Sherry from Pensacola, Florida
 meloff
Msg: 498
Posted: 9/23/2009 12:24:52 AM
I dunno but If I'm stuck with a woman jabbering with me all the time I gotta find a happy place.
 meloff
Msg: 499
Posted: 9/23/2009 12:25:43 AM
Really don't mean love or no love just my mind don't work that good after a while.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...