Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gb240
Msg: 132
Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...Page 3 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
ShaunaD;
The thing you must remember is that its nothing you've done! The person may have been somewhat deceiving, or, maybe just had a change of heart. They didn't know how to deal with the conundrum and didn't have the courage to tell to you face-to-face. That's a short-coming on their part and not any fault of yours. There may have been signs of that if you really examine your relationship with this person closely.
All you can do is be the best "you" possible. If someoine can't see you for what you are truly worth, then that's "their" problem.
Good luck in your search and don't give up,
Dr. Stan
 dconnel
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...
Posted: 4/1/2006 1:10:59 PM
GIRLFRIEND MOVE ON. I HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN SO MANY TIMES IT ISNT FUNNY. IT IS VERY PAINFUL. I THINK THE MEN WHO SAY THEY LOVE US, THEN LEAVE LIKE THAT JUST DONT KNOW WHAT LOVE IS AND HAVE NEVER FELT IT OR THEY COULDNT BE SO COLD AS TO DO THIS. I THINK THEY HAVE LUST CONFUSED WITH LOVE. THEY LUST YOU TIL THE NEXT WOMAN WALKS IN THEN THEY TOTALLY FORGET YOU. JUST TRY TO MOVE ON AND NOT LET YOUR HEART BE GIVEN SO FREELY SO FAST. NEXT TIME JUST TAKE IT SLOW . ENJOY THEIR COMPANY AND TRY TO REALLY GET TO KNOW THEM FIRST. WE ALL HAVE A WALL WE CAN PUT UP NOT TO LET OUR HEARTS GET TOO CLOSE TO SOMEONE, USE IT. UNTIL U ARE SURE ANYWAY . IF THEY LOVE YOU, THEY WILL NOT DO THIS. IM SORRY FOR YOUR PAIN. BUT TIME TRUELY DOES HEAL ALL.
DONNA
 WTXMAMMA
Msg: 138
Posted: 4/16/2006 11:32:24 AM
I know just what you are tlking about. I met a man online and we began to date. We saw each other everyday and salked on the phone for hours everyday. We had been making plans to go camping and me meeting his family next month. He "got sick" so I did not see him but we talked on the phone every night for a couple of hours. The weekend came up for us to go camping abd he was still sick so i cancelled the trip and we stayed home. Again, not seeing him all weekend. On Saturday night we tlked for a couple of hours. (until after ten o'clock) the last things he said was that I made him happy and he would call me Sunday night. Sunday came and went with no call. Monday i called he two times and left messages. He did not return messages. This was almost two weeks ago. Still have no idea why he stopped calling.
At my age, you would think I would not have to put up with games from men. Why do men play games, I could not tell you. They are not the only ones who do, but we are all suppose to be adult. If people want to play games, go to the football field or baseball field and do it there. Lets leave the emotions out of play.
 LMAN_67
Msg: 139
Posted: 4/16/2006 12:19:58 PM
As someone else has said..these games are not strictly for men.Women play the same ones.Unfortuanately people today seem to have no respect for others.I am honest to a fault,it isn't always easy being honest.But at least peopel know where they stand.
Honesty,lets all try for it.
 WTXMAMMA
Msg: 140
Posted: 4/16/2006 3:38:12 PM
My son told me to go to Chuckee Cheese and get a dollars worth of tokens to mail to him. Let him know that he can play games there and not with me. The guy is almost 40 and you would think that he would be to old to play games.
Hey you live and learn, I learned not to trust so easily.
 CampfireDave
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2006 7:32:33 PM
Have not read all the posts here so maybe this is redundant. he dumped you after a month but he was still going online. He said he loved you, did he keep his profile active? If I loved someone you can sure as hell bet i would close my profile and be glad to do so! My guess is he was still on the make while he was seeing you and found someone he thought suited him better. People say they love you sometimes but it only means they want you. Love and want are different truths. Find someone who is willing to bare his soul and let you into every corner of his life. Love is a delicate flower that only blooms in the openess of warmth, light and common ground.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 148
Posted: 6/14/2006 12:57:34 PM

I think the bigger problem is saying I love you within a month, however, that is just me.

Amen, brotha.
 onesexybunny
Msg: 149
Posted: 6/14/2006 1:09:24 PM
If woman don't understand this or get it then go by the book he'e just not that into to you you may think oh this is it but what can you really tell about a person in one month your still in the honeymoon period.Trust me read the book it really does help and it will open your eyes and it probally won't happen again .but if it does read the book again you must have missed something
 june7777
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2006 1:22:31 PM
Gee maybe we have dated the same guy... I had a guy drop out on me after 2 months and he did say he loved me......well after 3more months went by he called and said he really did care so we got back together on new years eve.....well after a month I told him that it's not working out....after his true self came out....I saw him as someone else...not the guy I thought he was...(that can happen after you know him for a while)....well hun just maybe you should send him a Thank you card for leaving......you will be better off with a REAL man...not a baby that runs away....so hang in there I hope their are some real men left out there for the loving women we are...........Hugs to you.....
 Wild Heart
Msg: 158
Posted: 6/15/2006 2:27:33 PM
I have had this problem, but not with anyone that says I love after a month! Last time that happened to me I got engaged to him eventually and prior to that I was not even in my 20's, so I don't count that.

Unfortunately, perhaps he said I love you just to get in your pants.
 mcleo72
Msg: 159
Posted: 6/15/2006 2:49:47 PM
i have the same problem all the time i been seeing ths guy for a few days and he really seem that he likes me actually told me that and i like him also. i been heartbroken so many times and i dont think i could take it anymore. At times i dont know what to do . So i know what u are feeling and where u r coming from
 Sgtkode
Msg: 165
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:06:35 PM
I don't agree my last GF I knew within 24 hours that I loved her. I tried hard to hide it cause I didn't want to scare her away, but she knew and she used it and me. Thats the story of my life I'm into her, she's not into me or I'm not into them and there like glue stuck to me. But life goes on and you will too. Keep your fingers crossed like I do that someday you will find someone that is in to you as much as you are into them.
 area204
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 9:30:47 PM
Dear ShaunaDanielle,

He's not doing anything to you that you don't allow him to. It sounds like he enjoyed the thrill of the hunt but once he caught his prize, he released it. If he is still signing online, I suspect he's found new fish to bait. Don't you remember the rush you felt chatting up someone new and getting to know them? It is hard to believe that he really loved you in such a short period of time. Fact is, you two do not know each other at all. Studies have shown that the "honeymoon phase" and being "drunk in love" can last up to a year or more. Then reality hits and the shine has worn off the new toy.

Please don't think that I am trivializing your situation for I am not. I can sympathize with what you are going through but in this day and age, everything including relationships are disposable. Out with the old and in with the new. I would not waste too much time on any relationship of this nature (friend or romantic) Fairweather friends come in all shapes and sizes.

You just have to know your self worth and know that you deserve better. It's hard not to want to blame yourself. But you can only be you and if that's not good enough for him, then he's not the one.

I have a motto that I live by and I'd like to pass it on to you. It's so simple yet so powerful. It can be the difference of absolute happiness in all facets of your life. "To live a better life, make better decisions." Adopt the philosophy and you'll be surprised how things can seem to come to you.

Bottom line girlfriend, scrape the shit off your shoes and move on. There's better fish out there. Chin up and good luck to you.
 nygoaltender
Msg: 169
Posted: 6/19/2006 9:50:18 PM
I've had women write to me that they love my profile and we'd be great together, send me photos, passionate poems, sign the emails "your future wife" or "Hugs and kisses" and then I never hear from them again. This has happened about 6 times in the last 2 months. You feel like you finally found your soulmate and they drop you after they show lots of interest. The best thing to do is to move on and don't email them asking what happened. Show them you don't care and the'll be the one's who look like the fool, not you. Hang in there, time always heals the hurt. Take it from someone who feels like a pin cushion!
 hockey_puck
Msg: 175
Posted: 10/24/2006 9:49:51 PM
he said he loved you only after one month...and that didnt send up any signals... thats high school stuff
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 177
Posted: 12/16/2006 6:48:24 AM

he said he loved you only after one month...and that didnt send up any signals... thats high school stuff

Exactly....anyone who tells me they love me before I have known and dated them at least six months would freak me out. They can't really love you before that, as they are still getting to know you, so it's too weird. Lust, yes, crush, yes but not love.
 jusbill
Msg: 182
Posted: 11/28/2007 11:05:28 AM
This guy sounds really screwed up.Making you sleep in a car?!?!?That shows he thought alot of you.Were did his dog sleep?
Your only 21 girl get over it.Iknow it hurts I`ve been there too and it still hurts.Your just begining life and theres going to be a whole lot of let downs before you finally get it right.One day you`ll find a man that appreciates a good woman and he`ll treat you great.Just watch and pay attention to the ones you meet and remember that "I LOVE YOU "is used as a ploy to get you in bed by alot of people.Maybe you smothered him and didn`t know it,maybe not.Ask yourself.Do you deseve to be treated like he`s treating you?Having you sleep in a car tell you that he doesn`t care.
Think of it this way..........His lost.......
Good luck and go pamper yourself
 glenmiddle
Msg: 183
Posted: 11/28/2007 1:32:45 PM
Wow. I read these forms periodically and have never felt a need to reply, until now. ShaunaDanielle you sound like a very sensitive and caring person, but naive. I would recommend you reevaluate and reframe your beliefs and values as to what constitutes a "relationship". Jokes, as mentioned are not funny, they are cruel and demeaning, and should never be considered acceptable behavior. Relationships are based upon trust---this would not be a trusting behavior.

The guy has already related his intentions by blocking you and shutting off all communications. I'm sorry for your hurt but you have been used, if not abused. Find someone you can talk to, a minister, counselor, family, someone you trust with your life, so you can move on and not continue to subject yourself to this agony, but understand why it occurs so you can prevent and avoid it in the future.

I wish you well, and you should know there will be many better days and relationships in your future.
 yllwgt2001
Msg: 187
Posted: 11/28/2007 3:36:01 PM
Holy cow he made you sleep in the car? OMG I would have gave him a piece of my mind and left. Never ever lower yourself, for anybody. You need to broadcast his name, so he does not do this to another. He got what he wanted(that's if you slept with him) and now he's moved on. Please have more respect for yourself.
 justme1124
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2007 4:30:43 PM
wow,you were seeing him for under a month and he claimed he loved you,I think you should have been the one dissapearing,your another example of someone making yourself too available,the mystique is gone,the thrill is gone,theres nothing more to chase, you gave it away too fast,and if you beleive someone loves you after a month again,i'm going to duck tape you to the hood of my car and drive you through the car wash,got it?
 blondsweetie71
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2007 4:53:56 PM
Your not alone, similiar thing happened to me. We were really close and we spent the wknd together and everything seemed fine and Monday afternoon (out of the blue), he left a message on the IM because he was too chicken to speak to me to my face. He said he was not ready for this serious of a relationship and just ended it cold turkey. I just couldnt understand. It hurt because I have a hard time finding someone that I have such a connection with and whom I cared about very much. It is a horrible feeling and only time will heal. I am still distraught with what happened.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >