Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blondsweetie71
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...Page 4 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
if you cannot say anything nice.. dont say it at all.
 wonderwomen_3
Msg: 199
Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...
Posted: 12/1/2007 6:13:31 PM
Hey Girlfriend smart up He is only out for one thing and using the famous 4 letter word LOVE gets him want he wants. From you and probably several others at the same time. Had the same experience. Good luck in the future.
 SHELLHARBOUR MAN
Msg: 200
Posted: 12/1/2007 6:21:29 PM
DON,T WORRY ABOUT PPL LIKE THAT , IF A MAN LOVES YOU ..HE WILL BE WITH YOU NO MATTER WHAT ........
IT HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME ......AFTER TIME YOU GET USE TO IT ...
DON,T TAKE IT TO HEART , JUST PUT YOU STANDS UP ..SO IT GETS RID OF PPL LIKE THAT , SO YOU DON,T WASE YOU TIME ON THEM .
GOOD LUCK
 kchase34
Msg: 201
Posted: 12/3/2007 7:01:40 PM
Well Shauna. As some one who hasn't been on this site for to long. I to have had this problem with some wemen. I know some men who do play games like that, I do tell them that it is wrong. They don't listen to me...But the amazing thing is that they are always with someone. Witch tells me that it works. ....On some ....This is why they do it. one in three fall for it. But have faith I know that there are good men out there and they don't play head games... I know this because I am one..... I know how you feel. It dose hurt.....You get over it.....Besides any man who plays games like that deserves what he gets. I wish you good luck in your search for happiness... I think we all deserve it ...
 Huzrfrmr1
Msg: 204
Posted: 12/4/2007 2:02:57 PM
I can understand falling out of love but how can you be in love in "almost" a month???????
 soup1857
Msg: 205
Posted: 12/4/2007 2:33:20 PM
Saying I love you before,during or after sex does'nt count.Anybody that tells you they love you after one month is a lier.You don't even know each other maybe his doing you a faver.
 chrylann
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2007 8:17:51 PM
Guys will tell us what we want to hear to keep the sex coming as long as they want it. I suggest hold off on the sex for at least a month. If he is still around after a month and you still have not put out, you may have a winner.
 Deuce1231
Msg: 210
Posted: 1/11/2008 12:56:40 PM
OP, it's the story of my life...women have bene diong that to me for years...

Things usually start off great, get semi-serious, then the brakes are hit -- HARD -- and NOT by me.

I don't know why it happens, I'll never profess to know, and frankly, I expect it now. The most recent told me the exact same things I've heard from all the others...I was "great", I treated her well, I'm such a nice guy...and yet somehow it translates into I'm not worthy of her time...maybe because I wasn't an a$$hole to her? Who the hell knows....
 hossey007
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2008 2:20:31 PM
People that have a spine,if they've been seeing someone a bit,to tell them it's not going to work. Met women like that,and I'm sure guys do to.
 vail968
Msg: 226
Posted: 1/20/2008 4:34:06 PM
Oh, honey: Yup been down that road!!

Doesn't it make you feel like we're back in high school. Or you get the ones who are always looking over their shoulder to see if something better is out there. Chances are that's what happened.

However, hope springs eternal.... There are good guys out there... be patient... Respect yourself hold your head high and say.... "NEXT!"
 BIGHEAD7
Msg: 230
Posted: 1/21/2008 6:08:49 PM
I don't understand it either,has happened to me as well,sometimes I just want to throw in the towel.I will never do that though,I have a will power to go on,still believing that "True Love"
will one day happen for me.

I can only hope that you do not become dis-couraged by this,quality singles are hard to find nowadays..but they do exist..trust me they do.I guess the guy you speak of has unresolved issues,possibly with an ex..?..perhaps he's just a loser,running around like a chicken with no head.
I too have experienced similar circumstances,I meet someone online on 1 of the date sites I am on,things appear to be going well,the chemistry to take it to another level seems to be there,then suddenly POOF! they're gone like Chris Angel and his disappearing acts..makes no sense.
Move on girl,and if this guy suddenly does contact you,tell him how you feel,let him explain,and if it makes sense,give him another chance,but be cautious because he may just do it again.If his reasoning makes no sense to you,kick em' to the curb,and stay focused on what you hope to achieve,also be careful with someone who says they love you after only knowing you a short while..I suppose it is possible to have strong feelings for someone in 1 month,I met my ex 6 years ago on lavalife by phone,we spoke like mad for 2 weeks,and we both fell in love with eachother with out even seeing eachother,and when we finally saw eachother it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT,and it was a real,but she died,and I was left to pick up the pieces.
Best of luck,I feel for ya'...............................................................................-Keno***3
 BIGHEAD7
Msg: 231
Posted: 1/21/2008 6:12:56 PM
hey hockey whore,its ****es like you who give women a bad rap,you are totally devoid of emotion,the type that loves to watch others suffer,kick em' when they are down,you are pathetic!!!!
 smileee4u
Msg: 232
Posted: 1/21/2008 6:18:47 PM
It's as if he were looking for a "one night stand", but you gave him more and more and being the guy he was.... oh well, it was like a kid in a candy shop, and he just indulged himself, got sick, felt guilty, then took a RUN FOR THE HILLS. You, my friend, were duped into believing the two of you were "in love" and would live happily ever after.

The truth of the matter is this... HE IS JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU... SO GET OVER IT!
 betterthanyerx
Msg: 235
Posted: 3/19/2008 2:24:06 AM
No one likes games but in dating I have found it always ends up being a game whether you want to play one or you don't. If you make it unchallenging and show someone just how much you care and put to much into it from the beginning you end up setting yourself up for diappointment everytime. Run away until you catch them if that makes sense to you. And to tell someone you love them to soon is just crazy, that seems like something we would do in high school. That's one area where I am careful you may create feelings for someone but be careful when it comes to the whole "ilove you"-- that is enough to scare me right away if someone says that to me to fast.
 stayrose38
Msg: 239
Posted: 3/19/2008 2:36:50 AM
just go put on your winger cd, grab a bottle of cheap wine
and smash a few lamps... works wonders.
if people could just be honest about their sexual needs in
the first place there'd be a lot less heartache. oh well.
next version of reality maybe.
 smileee4u
Msg: 240
Posted: 3/19/2008 2:51:35 AM
So sorry you had to go through all this pain. Long distance relationships are difficult. I hope you can "get over him" by realizing that the sooner you do, the sooner you can "allow" the right one to come along. It has to match up... both ways... seems he changed his mind, and is too much of a coward to let you know. Learn this happens, throughout our lives... even when you get older. The same thing just happened to me... with a guy who is sixty years old.

Men feel different about sex than women do. Just because they have sex with us does not mean that "they have moved to the NEXT LEVEL". It means they have just had sex.

Most of the time, when women have sex, it means they have moved to the Next Level.
 beautyquean
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2008 3:30:07 AM
My advice would be:

Never waste your time on somebody who is not willing to waste their time on you
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 242
Posted: 4/13/2008 1:59:16 PM
Hun, he's just not that into you. A major red flag should have been him telling you he loved you at such an early point. No one knows if they're in love at such an early stage. It was either infatuation (which might lead to love down the road) or he was playing you with those words. In your case, the latter - otherwise, he'd still be there (properly) for you. Don't become his back burner babe.
 boutenuf
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 5:57:02 AM
He made you sleep in the car, DUH! That was your first clue. Don't cry over something you thought you had but truely never had to begin with. s

Men who show interest and then disappear without a word are cowards. I would rather someone tell me up front this isn't working or I am not interested. I can deal with that, but it is difficult to handle the not knowing, but in our gut we do know and feel stupid because we bought into some line. I think many of us want to believe and then we fool ourselves into believing.
 electric-gypsy
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 6:27:45 AM
Or... "Do what you did, get what you got" (same thing)... Sound advice. An earlier post:

You have to read the book "Why Men Love ****es". It's empowering and you have to follow it to the tee. In short - live for yourself not for anyone else. You see woman are naturally unselfish so you have to work on being selfish and think only about yourself so to speak. I loved the book - it helped me enormously and I hope it helps you too.

More great advice here. Women do tend to give too much and get crumbs in return. Be more selfish. This tactic may not bring you a partner either, but at least it won't bring you down.
 Babygirl1963
Msg: 246
Posted: 7/13/2008 6:37:56 AM
I totally understand... I think it's the fun in the chase & then when they realize you have feelings they run because they got what they wanted. This site is full of males & females like this and it makes the ones who are truly honest & open on here get played. It's sad that in our times people can't be just open & totally honest instead of just running like a child. Be more careful & weed through the players. People like that are not worth your time because if they done it once they will do it again..
 Javan2
Msg: 247
Posted: 7/13/2008 7:00:56 AM
fightersbreath says: " Sometimes guys do really love you but they have relationship problems with serious commitments and they get scared... so they push away what they love. I think he is attracted to you... just afraid of what he loves. Lots of guys, I think, have this problem. It happened with my ex and I and we were together for 7 months."

Scary how some women seem to know men too well.
 fafi83
Msg: 248
Posted: 7/13/2008 7:07:51 AM
Heck yeah happens to me(or I should use to happen to me) quite often. Except I never got as for as you did concerning the length of time involved. Usually they stop talking to me mid conversation or we have a nice chat that goes very well (or so I think) and then I try talking with them at another time, and they dont repsond or I never hear from them again. Anyway I totally could care less now, until I get around some guys actually worth talking to. In your situation I think hes just playing games, eliminate his stupid a**.
 WHERESMYQT
Msg: 249
Posted: 7/13/2008 7:49:54 AM
i cant believe from the post i have read no one has mentioned maybe he is a player and something else has come along. smooth talkers /players will tell you just what you want to hear and the get what they want and put that notch on there belt and call you for a booty call next time there lonley. just a guess and its not just men who do that!!
 DanceJoy
Msg: 260
Posted: 7/13/2008 10:12:23 AM
I agree, that's what is so baffling - that type of man comes on strong and then as soon as he gets a response from you, he backs off - the response above, suggesting that you were too needy or clingy is the way that kind of guy likes to view it - when in fact, it's really him. If he didn't really like you, he should've backed off at the start - should've simply been honest and moved on. Find a grownup.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >