Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Politically Correct      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 5
Politically CorrectPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
George Carlin???? Is he a new comedian out there. I haven't heard or seen him before,,thou I do find Leary amusing in a funny sorta way.

And no,,,not PC in any way, shape or form. Doubt that anyone can tell me what I can or cannot call something, or someone.
 You go first
Msg: 6
Politically Correct
Posted: 2/26/2010 12:00:12 AM
My professional side is completely politically correct.
My inside voice sometimes says things that surprise me.
The most politically-incorrect person I know has been too chicken to post here lately. Maybe he's all mellowed now in his old age...
 rockondon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Politically Correct
Posted: 2/26/2010 12:47:45 AM

Do you watch what you say and what jokes you tell?

Yes. I will only tell jokes if there's a chance they might offend someone. Otherwise, why bother?

Also, you can be politically correct or honest. You can't be both.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Politically Correct
Posted: 3/21/2010 6:16:15 PM

Since there;s people who will always find a way to be offended, there;s no point in trying too hard to not offend anyone.

I was offended to be corrected by an associate who claims to be 'my best friend' and me and my now Ex as her 'kewlest bi-racial couple friends'....... ...anyhow...she explained to me that I was 'a woman of colour'...and that I was of 'South Asian ancestry'.........eh?

I thought I was Canadian all this time eh!

anyhow...I explained to her that I was NOT South Asian....not from that part of the world...and furthermore I was born in the Caribbean....she again explained to me that I should refer to myself as being of South Asian ancestry....grrrrrrrrrrrr.
I am apparently now South Asian-Canadian.... NOT!

I'm Canadian...let's stop being so PC and stop being hyphenated Canadians....start flexing our identity as Canadians.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Politically Correct
Posted: 3/21/2010 9:18:24 PM

if you were born in, say India and are now a Canadian citizen you're Indian- Canadian. If your child was born here, they are simply Canadian. Keeps things really simple and clear that way.

lol.... my point is... it is not that simple... your example of India etc... I mean... then that would make me a Trinidadian/Tobagganian - Canadian...and man that is a mouthful...... as for the South Asian thing....that is a very broad label to wear.

South Asians are pple who have their roots in India/Pakistan.... and it does not matter how many generations back that goes...and I find that just too much .... it's like claiming to be Greek cos your family 5 generations back were from Greece.
Or you are Scottish...because 5 generations back your people came from Scotland via the USA.....its a stretch to call yourself Scottish right?
So many people of 'South Asian' ancestry have no connection with Mother India....so this PC crap about being SA is reaching.
Just cos we are brown does not make us East Indian.

as for me.... I choose to live here...this is my home... I have no tolerance with hyphens... so called long distance far-reaching roots from the 1800s when my family immigrated to the Caribbean....that is my family's past... my history.
Today...now... for the last 43 years I have lived here... I am Canadian.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Politically Correct