Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > threesomes: do they ruin relationships?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mcbobly
Msg: 10
view profile
History
threesomes: do they ruin relationships?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
More often than not they do end up ruining a relationship after time. As much as it is a fantasy for most, me included, I would never follow through with it. I'd rather just keep it a fanatsy that will forever be unfulfilled, and that's ok.
 drambuie62
Msg: 11
threesomes: do they ruin relationships?
Posted: 12/23/2007 7:11:29 AM
No! at least certainly not by themselves. Insecurity and dishonesty (which are interrelated of course) do some damage. I have enjoyed an open relationship. The times we spent exploring our sexuality together in whatever group environment we chose was wonderful and only served us up images of pleasure. It was the "separate" playing that wounded our relationship (but didn't destroy it). It was selfishness that destroyed it (non sexual).
 idkkitty
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2008 9:26:16 PM
truely this situation has to be open for all involved--if its all in fun then the situation can last a long time..if you start your relationship as a 3 some then it may be a great situation for all involved the experience can be of great pleasure...take it as an experiencing moment in your life....if something developes then discuss it with all involved...I think that you could have a great 3some relationship if your all friends and have fun and enjoy each other---thats the key to success
 dsleeth
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/26/2008 2:19:41 PM
Well, if you are ok with the fact that you don't satisfy your spouse any more...
 dsleeth
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/26/2008 2:20:21 PM
I don't think it's about jealousy as much as it's about knowing that you no longer totally satisfy your partner.
 UrAlternative
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2008 1:24:38 AM
lets just put it this way, if youre not secure with your relationship to begin with, you shouldnt endeavor into threesome, foursomes or moresomes... you have to have AMAZING communication with your partner, meaning no secrets and have a good understanding of what the other person wants

now that being said, in my experience, no threesomes dont ruin relationships...
 Blonde_charm
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/27/2008 4:29:03 AM
First of all.... its completely dependent on that particular relationship. To wave a wand and say it ruins ALL relationships can't or isn't accurate.

Second, all these people referring to Dr. Drew and whatnot... religion is a form of belief, monogomy is a form of belief (we are created to enjoy sex, other life forms may mate for life out of security... not pleasure) so its subjective.

I do believe there are things you need to be concious of. Communication is key, making sure that there are no resentments, and that it works for the couple in question as well as the third. I have been the third a number of times with great success.

I am in an open relationship thats not typical, but after 9 years we are more in love with each other than ever. Do I recommend it??? NO WAY!!!! You have to be so secure that it won't adversely affect your primary relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > threesomes: do they ruin relationships?