Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Classical Music      Home login  
Msg: 51
view profile
Are there ANY fans of Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
But I really like how it just seems to litterally 'swoop' and the intense buildup that the song does. It makes driving so much more exciting to me.
 Coma White
Msg: 52
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 5/11/2010 12:45:04 AM
I love classical music. I performed Dido and Aeneas in university and I played a lot of Vivaldi on Cello. My favourite composers are probably JS Bach, Orlando di Lasso, Thomas Victoria, Thomas Tallis, Purcell, Berlioz, Vivaldi, Couperin, and Mozart. What I like most about classical music are the lyrical melodies and interesting modulations/applied harmony.
Msg: 53
Classical Music
Posted: 10/24/2010 8:43:57 PM
And here I thought I was the only one on here that was obsessed with Classical music....
Msg: 54
Classical Music
Posted: 10/24/2010 9:57:58 PM
Vivaldi, Bach, Handel, Wagner!, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Rossini, Paganini, Schubert, Strauss, Mendelsson, Brahms, Offenbach....modern day classicists...modern day classical singers such as Bocelli.
Msg: 55
Classical Music
Posted: 10/25/2010 4:34:17 PM
I like classical lot too.
The brain is seen to react differently while listening to Bach opposed to mozart and others too huh. As seem in fMRI. Not sure exactly in what ways...but i think just more action in general.
But Mozart is still my favorite because most of his symphonies are exactly my listening pace. String that it.

The local symph orch. has a nice sunday afternoon show 5 times a year that's about half the price of the exact show the night before. No skipping on the players or anything, it's just mostly filled with seniors. I did have season tix for a while but I mostly dragged my mom there because no one is very enthusiastic about going. I haven't been for almost a year now.
Msg: 56
Classical Music
Posted: 7/18/2011 7:58:06 AM
Architect - You might want to check out some Schumann, lots going on with his works, really gives you something to chew on, emotionally.
Msg: 57
Are there ANY fans of
Posted: 8/28/2011 6:53:10 AM
I too enjoy classical music though I am a popularist right now. Still I've decided that I can't stand Brahms.

I enjoy Debussy, Saint Saens, Mozart (duh) and Grieg in particular...
Msg: 58
view profile
Classical Music
Posted: 8/28/2011 1:32:26 PM
Tchaikovsky will forever be my favorite composer of all time. followed by Mozart, Prokofiev and Bach.
Msg: 59
Classical Music
Posted: 8/28/2011 6:56:58 PM
Nope! I study them for my major and I am an avid listener. All 9 Beethoven symphonies are on a playlist on my itunes. Great paper writing music!
 Coma White
Msg: 60
Classical Music
Posted: 8/29/2011 11:01:39 PM
I love classical music. I'm also a music major. I started out playing the cello, but I switched to composition because I love to write music. Even when I make rock music, I try to add classical elements. Pretty much all the music we hear on the radio today is very simple and based on Baroque harmonies. It's always refreshing to hear something with more colours and textures.
Msg: 61
Classical Music
Posted: 8/30/2011 6:27:20 AM
I love all kinds of classical music! My first job was actually at a classical music distribution company, so I got a lot of freebies! :-D

My top 3 pieces would have to be:

1. Beethoven - Symphony No.7 Allegretto

2. Rimsky Korsakov - Scheherazade

3. Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata
Msg: 62
Classical Music
Posted: 8/30/2011 10:20:43 AM
I must say Classical music has brought to my life what no other genre has. I am especially fond of the dark romantic pieces yet my favorite composer of all time is Mozart. Mozart has written more pieces than any other composer. His works are all magnificent and have a certain charm unable to be duplicated or mimicked. I also love Beethoven ...duh!.....Bach.........J.C. get my point lol
Msg: 63
Classical Music
Posted: 8/31/2011 11:35:36 AM
There's nothing like a great night out to the symphony!!
A beautiful sophisticated woman, the musicians, the hall,,,
Ooh la la.
The last one cost me about $400, well worth it!
Looking forward to the next.
Msg: 64
Classical Music
Posted: 9/5/2011 11:15:32 AM
I'm mostly drawn to the performer rather than the piece, with obvious exceptions.

for instance, Glenn Gould literally changed the direction of my life. I once did a 32 painting series based on Bach's Goldberg Variations.
Msg: 65
view profile
Classical Music
Posted: 9/5/2011 4:42:13 PM
I am mostly a rock/jazz guy, but I enjoy classical as well. Some of my favorites are Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overature; the Nutcracker Suite; Night on Bare Mountain, Orff's Carmina Burana, Holst's The Planets, Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition, Copland's Rodeo, Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, lots of stuff by Debussey, Beethoven, Bach. Also enjoy Andres Segovia (Spanish guitar) and Vladmir Horowitz (piano).
Msg: 66
Classical Music
Posted: 11/2/2011 2:44:21 PM
Hmm, well, I adore Shostakovich (did a big research paper on him), Schubert, Stravinsky, Bach and Berg. I recently got into Russian liturgal choral music, and there is a piece from Tchaikovsky's St. Johns Liturgy that is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Msg: 67
view profile
Classical Music
Posted: 11/3/2011 2:58:45 PM
Personally I'm a fan of Shostakovich and all the angst and passion behind his works. Grieg has some amazingly unique material considering how it's all created through Norwegian folk music, and Mussorgsky just is the bomb. Anyone who hasn't heard "Pictures at an Exhibition" in its entirety is missing out.
Msg: 68
Classical Music
Posted: 4/21/2012 6:28:13 PM
Love Classical. Movie Classicals like Kiss of the Spiderwoman themesong. Mozart is my fav. Modern composer - John Barry. I have listened to the Out of Africa Soundtrack for 20 yrs. Still my favorite soundtrack. And piano classics are my favorite. Orchestra is good, but piano is so moving.
Msg: 69
Classical Music
Posted: 4/22/2012 2:08:10 AM
I'm not only a Classically trained musician but I also have a job. LOL. It is in music by the way... I heard Vladimir Ashkenazy, pianist and conductor recently on NPR interviewed in which he said he disliked the term, "Classical Music." He preferred to call this type of music, "serious music." I'm somewhat in agreement with him. I don't know if Beethoven thought all the music he wrote was serious though. I don't think so. All the same, Classical music is really music of the Classical era in music history - music of the 18th century. Personally, I call it "good music." It is for me. I've spent my life in it. Love to practice the piano. The hours just go by without my noticing. People sometimes ask me who my favorite composer is. I find that impossible to answer. It is like asking what is your favorite time of day? Personally, I love the whole day and am grateful for every day I live. I feel the same way about all great composers' works. They are all good in their own way.
Msg: 70
Classical Music
Posted: 4/22/2012 11:59:54 AM
I do have classical cds but the main composer I listen to, love him or hate him, is Einaudi
Msg: 71
Classical Music
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:38:17 AM
Beethoven is extremely powerful and to me timeless, especially his 9th symphony. Wagner is high Art too with his legendary heroism and myths evoking ancient wisdom and a peculiar philosophy. I do appreciate Verdi and Grieg too.
Msg: 72
view profile
Classical Music
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:46:32 PM
AnOther fairly Good Thread &on Arts
Music-ClassicalMusic.Music alone with no vocals just instruments/others is sweet itself.My apologies if maybe incorrect/not full info etc. Here are some I like as its/they,well somethings of it/them just does something that has me to feel/be soothed,alive,&its thoughtful strong creations that exist no matter how old &many changes &EtcsToBCont:
Liebestraum No.3
Pastoral From Symphony No.6
Braham's Lullaby
Schubert's Trout Quintet
Schubert's Wiegenlied
Te Deum Laudamus
-Now few have parts I like if not entire piece.
&Here is abit of Oriental ones:
Ballad of Willows-&which has lyrics
&There are Others,&unsure if even deemed classical etc but hope its OK:
Aura Lee,My GrandFather'sClock, WaterMusic,Le Coucou,Kalinka,The Water Is Wide,The Conventry Carol,
Msg: 73
view profile
Classical Music
Posted: 4/28/2012 9:43:32 PM
I enjoy lots of classical music, and played violin for many years. I like Baroque music very much and adore the Brandenburg Concertos. Vivaldi is overused in elevators and shopping malls but that doesn't detract from the purity of his music. I like Mozart's horn concertos too. Huge fan of classical guitar and love Villa Lobos. My favourite
stand-alone piece of ballet music is the march of the montagues and the capulets by Prokofiev. I love the whole score actually. Saw the Royal NZ Ballet perform it here a couple of years ago, unfortunately just a sound track, not with an orchestra. Was lovely anyway!!

Not a huge opera fan, and cannot abide Wagner as I feel like I am being bludgeoned over the head with insistent Germanic musical precision!!!!
Msg: 74
view profile
Classical Music
Posted: 4/30/2012 1:21:53 AM
Msg: 75
Classical Music
Posted: 5/1/2012 7:04:43 AM
I'm also a trained pianist with a Bachelors degree in music, and am now a full-time piano technician with lots and lots of work. So naturally classical music is a passion of mine, and I've been surrounded by it every day for over 10 years.

I tend to prefer the "weird stuff". Scriabin and Bartok will always be favourites, as well as other composers from that era (Stravinsky, Shostakovich, etc). Not big on John Cage or Philip Glass, but I absolutely love Steve Reich. Also have a soft spot for Ravel and, more recently, Fauré.

However my favourite pieces of all time are Beethoven's last 3 piano sonatas and Schumann's Carnaval.

Never liked Mozart that much. As a pianist, I lack the delicate touch necessary for a good performance, and as a technician, it REALLY brings out the flaws in my tuning!
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Classical Music