Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 phlying-phish
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Girlfriend Wants Plenty of Fish Password!Page 14 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Oh, hell no! Not once, not never. No way!

There are these things called boundaries, and if she respects you, then she respects your boundaries, as they are part of who you are. I don't share passwords to anything with anyone. If she doesn't trust you then ditch her. Life is too short to deal with insecure people who trample all over your healthy, established boundaries. It will happen again. It may be other passwords, PIN codes for cards, login for online banking, etc. I say BS. She either needs to grow up and get some self-confidence where she can trust you, or hit the road. Believe me, you DO NOT want to wind up married to a girl with boundary issues.

And dude, if she is getting mad at you and holding a grudge and torturing you (which is often punishment for defending your boundaries) then throw that fish back! That crap only gets worse.
 playfulpete
Msg: 301
Girlfriend Wants Plenty of Fish Password!
Posted: 8/24/2011 8:21:26 AM
It has nothing to do with having something to hide,that is a copout.Your girl freind has trust issues.Give it to her if you like but ask for hers in return.
 jmark4
Msg: 302
Posted: 8/25/2011 12:17:25 AM
First of all if I'm in a relationship I'm not on a dating site.
 Tokei2
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2011 7:26:18 PM
My opinion, as a woman, is that she SHOULD have a trust issue if you have to ask strangers for this kind of advice. IF you have nothing to hide, and you really care about her, give her the dang password or let her sit with you when you're on the site. IF you are in a relationship, then you should only be on a dating website for....wait a minute...no reason I can think of!!! Give up the website and concentrate on your relationship...or reap what you sow!
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 306
Posted: 8/26/2011 4:44:13 PM
There are times when there is a need to respect a partners personal privacy, keeping a journal or diary for example. This si not one of those times. If you are going to stay on a dating site while in a relationship, openess is imperative. Saying you have nothing to hide but refusing her access, words just don't match the actions.
 Rythmn
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2012 12:25:44 AM
i have several good friends from pof. one is like a brother to me, although we never met!!! for the year i just "chilled out", we spent many a holiday talking on the phone. my boyfriend hears of him like family. he knows i post. if he followed me around stalking me, it would annoy me. i often come on here in bursts when i need to let off steam or get my mind off things. however, i'd be happy to show him my fav list or buddies. he has seen my profile and has access to my computer.

thing is i'm not looking, nor is he, any more. at this point we both do trust each other. but way back when i first met him, he did have a fling. my male friend much younger than me, dated his "flingee" and i found out about it and left him as we agreed to monogamy. later we saw a therapist together to see if we could "men".

so, now he keeps off the sites to prove to me it won't happen again. he'd been married a long time and we met pretty quickly so he never really "dated" much before me.

he does not post on forums, but if he did now, i would trust him. he has proved himself and made amends. i had left him for a couple months. it made him quite ill. so, depends upon where you are in your relationship. it is well over a year since the "event" and we've been dating over two years now.

i treat the internet, as if the folks i write to, male and female were like colleagues or friends. he has access to them, but don't need it in my face. i have always been very loyal. if you are loyal, then find a happy medium that works both ways. if you are not, then maybe she smells a rat?
 wildandfreee
Msg: 309
Posted: 6/15/2012 5:10:37 AM
If she has trust issues , why did you choose her to be your girlfriend, my personal view of a relationship is transparency, as long as you are treating her right,giving her whatever she needs/ want, there should be
no law involved, you both create your own rules , are you creating more conflict or less in your relationship with your thread, are you happy really with her or hiding something... just a thought
 forums1
Msg: 310
Posted: 6/15/2012 5:37:47 AM

I think it is pretty slimey that you still have a POF profile when you have a girlfriend. :mad:

One of my last POF dates and I both stayed on, just changed our profiles to not single/not looking. And I gave her my password, and she gave me hers, nothing to hide - we just enjoyed the forums, and actually would talk on the phone and point out threads to each other, talk about what we thought, etc... had some quite interesting conversations.

I don't think she ever used my password, and I know I never used hers... no reason, we trusted each other (still do). I'd suggest that if you don't trust someone, you really shouldn't be in a relationship with them.
 wildandfreee
Msg: 311
Posted: 6/15/2012 7:14:58 AM
thought,
the more i read thread the more im surprised, is this pof really more important than your girlfriend,
are you really in a serious relationship, which is more important to you , the girl or that privacy,
she let you come on pof, what worst there can be if she just want to have a look in any way , serious or just want to
play a trick, annoy you with that
 Dolphina
Msg: 312
Posted: 6/15/2012 7:50:02 AM
Your password is private. I would not give any of my passwords for any of the several sites I belong to anybody. Your girlfriend sounds far too inquisitive and insecure for her, or your, own good. Keep your wits (and your passwords) about you as this behavior from her may well escalate. First your pof password, next your bank details, etc etc.
 CaptainA.D
Msg: 313
Posted: 6/15/2012 8:09:25 AM
She has no right to have your password, don't give it to her. However, does she have a reason to suspect something?
 wildandfreee
Msg: 314
Posted: 6/15/2012 8:34:29 AM
im with you msg 493
goodluck mate, keep using your right
 Bikada
Msg: 315
Posted: 6/15/2012 10:06:42 AM
I only read the forums because I have nothing better to do at the moment and because dating can be so frustrating at times. I can't understand why someone who has a relationship and a life would be wasting time on here. Don't give here your password, just get a life with real friends and cut the POF cord.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 316
Posted: 6/15/2012 10:49:43 AM
tell her only harlots and bad ass biker chicks message you. Tell her the only reason your on here is to give us desperate folks relationship advice on how to have healthy relationships..telling her to stop acting like a jellie girlfiend its cramping your style..
 RVinmountains
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2016 6:19:27 AM
Lookinginchas is cheating on me, his wife. His three children are devasted. I am devastated. I cannot figure out the password, would some help me. we have grandchildren. Please help. I am having panic attacks and depression over this.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 318
Posted: 4/28/2016 9:32:58 AM
I sent him a message asking why he's cheating on such a high caliber woman.

He said you wouldn't let him watch Nascar :(
 gtomustang
Msg: 319
Girlfriend Wants Plenty!
Posted: 4/28/2016 10:04:28 AM
if you know he's cheating, what's looking at his emails going to do? you already know. So use protection so you don't catch anything, get tested to see if you already did, and take him to counseling to see if the marriage is worth saving. or decide its not and plan the exit strategy. no reason to find proof of what you already know.

now, if you don't know...then get some counseling on your panic attacks and depression. take care of yourself. oh, and use protection just in case he is cheating and brings something home. because if you're going to get upset over something, it might as well be something that might actually be there.

take care of yourself....b/c apparently, he might be meeting his own needs.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 320
Girlfriend Wants Plenty!
Posted: 4/28/2016 12:11:56 PM

Lookinginchas is cheating on me, his wife. His three children are devasted. I am devastated. I cannot figure out the password, would some help me. we have grandchildren. Please help. I am having panic attacks and depression over this.

I know this is not exactly going to be the nicest thing to hear, but cheating is not a new phenomenon. Some people cheat and some don't. So now that you know, do you still want to be with him or not?

Why are the children devastated? why do they even know about it?

p.s. it is against the rules to use someone's username in an accusation
 Scaretale
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Girlfriend Wants Plenty!
Posted: 4/28/2016 12:33:38 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I guess I'm in the minority here. I agree with the girl.

First, I would hide my profile while I was dating a girl. It's too tempting to look at other profiles from people who message you. A healthy relationship means giving someone your full attention - not entertaining other potential partners.

Once she became my girlfriend, I would delete any online dating profiles all together.

And IF she wanted to go into my account with my password to check up on me...I would 100% give it to her and say "knock yourself out." Because I'm not hiding anything. That's what committed couples do. No secrets. You want to look at my texting history? Go right ahead.

When you're in a mature honest and healthy relationship...stuff like this isn't even an issue. They don't care to ask, and I don't care to hide. And vice versa.

That's just me.
 flman2015
Msg: 322
Posted: 4/28/2016 12:39:20 PM

Lookinginchas is cheating on me, his wife.

Interesting... you're his wife yet your profile says you're single. I guess that makes you a single wife. Another pof forum's first.

I am having panic attacks and depression over this.

Your profile suggests you're only getting sex once a year... that would explain it. Don't panic, just make sure you're available on Mondays and your depression will be over soon.
 Maleman999
Msg: 323
Posted: 4/28/2016 3:51:46 PM

And IF she wanted to go into my account with my password to check up on me...I would 100% give it to her and say "knock yourself out."

So how exactly does that stop someone from deleting a profile and open another one under a different name and password, or being on a different dating site? Would you ask her for the same information to check and make sure she doesn't have an active profile floating around? Would it be a problem if she was to go on the dating site every day to check it to see if you put up another profile, during the entire relationship with her? Or would you expect, at some point, there would be trust, where you would expect her not to feel a need to be constantly snooping and looking for dirt?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Girlfriend Wants Plenty!
Posted: 4/29/2016 1:52:23 PM

I cannot figure out the password, would some help me.

WTH? How would anyone Here know his password better than you and his family members? :) And, as pointed out, you put Single and are looking for dating. He has Divorced. Are you sure your post wasn't a past-due one years later? (better late than never?)

Don't panic, just make sure you're available on Mondays and your depression will be over soon.

And every other Tuesday from 6-8! I think that's probably they had issues... Never give up those Tuesdays at 6-8. Never! ;)

And IF she wanted to go into my account with my password to check up on me...I would 100% give it to her and say "knock yourself out." Because I'm not hiding anything.

I agree. Trust goes both ways. If someone says "Why do you need my password? What? You don't trust me?" -- the SO can easily say "Why won't you let me log into your Dating site account? What? You don't trust me?" The burden is on the one who keeps the active dating site account (profile hidden or not).
 ndm147
Msg: 325
Girlfriend Wants Plenty!
Posted: 4/29/2016 7:50:13 PM
After my late husband died we (adult children and myself) knew he kept a notebook with passwords for his accounts. It was in his desk drawer, but most of the accounts were for clubs, amazon, facebook, work related, etc. My daughter who is quite the drama queen figured out his facebook password which was not written down and was looking for private messages he might have written. No drama on facebook. Then she started looking for passwords for obscure financial accounts. All the finaces were in both our names. I asked her why was she prying. She said he might have had a secret gf all these years and there is always the possibility he stashed money in an off shore account to avoid taxes! Never found any evidence of either unless you want to consider his first gf that he kept in touch with on fb. She is also my friend now.

I have still been unable to close his FB account; can't figure out his password, nor have I been able to close his yahoo or Gmail. The passwords he wrote down don't seem to work.

But it is a good idea for a spouse/partner to have a copy of passwords, not because of trust issues, but to wrap up affairs after a death. I made copies of all my passwords for bills and accounts I pay online so my children have access to them to close the accounts.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 326
Girlfriend Wants Plenty!
Posted: 4/29/2016 8:28:05 PM
^^^^
I'm very sorry you lost someone.

Sometimes I wonder if dealing with the possible loss of someone is worth the risk of dating.

Losing someone or leaving them alone? Scary thoughts.

I lost my mother recently and I can't imagine losing someone I loved.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Girlfriend Wants Plenty!
Posted: 4/29/2016 9:06:44 PM
I wouldn't agree to allowing a partner to potentially gain access to my profile and see if it is hidden or not. It shows a lack of trust and I would never ask anyone for their password on a site, either. If this is a healthy, mature and honest relationship the other party would not want to do it. Do you allow your serious girlfriends to have access to your ipads, phones etc, as well??
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >