Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 62
Girlfriend Wants Plenty of Fish Password!Page 2 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Just wondered if she has come sulking back to you yet, prophet. And did she see this thread?
 crystalise
Msg: 66
Girlfriend Wants Plenty of Fish Password!
Posted: 12/7/2005 5:19:45 PM
lostprophet - good on you for standing up for yourself. This is one controlling person you were dealing with. Geezlouise that is one of the most selfish reasons I have heard of someone breaking up with someone for

NO way is it worth breaking up over. seems like she didnt trust you at all. Do you really want to be with someone who would dump a supposedly valued relationship over not getting their way. This has prima donna stamped all over it.

She probably wants you to chase her and beg her to come back and then guess what, she would probably say, only if you give me your password. It is true it could be upsetting that she is insecure and is scared of losing you [ I think its highly possible this break-up is for even more attention and she doesnt mean it], but she needs to find out there are other ways than snooping and constantly checking up on you

If you ignore her she will probably come back in a few weeks, saying why arent you chasing me..boo hoo, you dont CARE about me. And if she doesnt, to break up over something like that is very immature and tells me she didnt have any real feelings for you in the first place

[ Either that or she is convinced you are cheating on her somehow....and hence the temper tantrum. And if its not true and shes that paranoid, you are better off without also ]

I dont think the whys and wherefores of being the site int the first place come into this Topic, its simply about giving a password to a partner because they are demanding it. Are they entitled to it, no way - privacy and trust is serious stuff in a relationship.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/8/2005 3:08:53 AM
Make a fake profile and email her? Yeah...that's really a mature idea and a sure way to re-gain some trust. And now we know why so many people put on their profile - tired of games. lol
 john_in_bh
Msg: 71
Posted: 12/8/2005 5:28:31 PM
to the OP,

man, your messed up. Your relationship was not solid at all, that would explain why both of you still wanted your profiles up.

Earlier you said, that you mention you have a GF on it. No such thing in your profile. Also, when it asks what your looking for you have down "dating". I believe there is a selection for chat/ email or I think friends.

geez, you have a lot of growing up to do.
 john_in_bh
Msg: 72
Posted: 12/8/2005 5:57:35 PM
Ah ok, I missed that one. Not sure if I believe it though.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 73
Posted: 12/9/2005 12:17:45 PM
Oh hell, I just posted to the wrong thread
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 75
New Subject--OP breaks up with jealous girlfriend
Posted: 12/9/2005 6:07:33 PM
Sorry crane, you're a little late
 sugarbee
Msg: 77
Posted: 12/9/2005 7:06:40 PM
I wouldn't give her the password.
I'd tell her to get a hobby or do something to keep her busy so
she can back off this issue.
 sugarbee
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/9/2005 10:18:19 PM
what is her purpose in getting his password???

If she has free time, tell her to get a hobby.
If she's insecure, tell her to get over it.

Maybe she's putting up a front and doesn't trust that you aren't talking to to other girls on here!! It's like asking someone for their real email password

Next thing you know she's gonna want the password for your VM
and then your bank PIN #
 bewitchingsecret
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/10/2005 1:22:04 PM
I've read more than the first few posts, and in my opinion, it's been the latter ones that have made the most sense. The only ppl that feel threatened by showing their significant other their forum activity is ppl that have something to hide. The forums here may be great, but I certainly wouldn't sacrifice a relationship over them - no offence, anyone, but a person standing in front of me, interacting w/ me and merging our lives together, is much more important than any forum.

I also agree, that the OP's profile changed pretty quickly ~ another clear message that he obviously didn't put a whole lot into the relationship. And I also would like to hear from the "ex" - if she's so involved w/ the site, why hasn't she reacted?

The longer this thread goes on, the more I'm convinced that this was a GREAT way to garner sympathy and a few dates.
 bewitchingsecret
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/10/2005 1:26:32 PM
thank god for edit
 bewitchingsecret
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/10/2005 2:12:32 PM
I suck, I really, really do -- and thanks for letting me think that you're the only one that noticed

I've dated guys from dating sites before. If the profile's still up - and especially if you're active here in the forums, everyone sees it - you're inviting trouble. Even when there's nothing going on, it's still a trust issue - and the only way to resolve a trust issue is to be trustworthy - or walk away from it, as is the case here. We don't know the history of this couple - we have one side of the story, and a biased one at that. There are three sides to every story, and I'm still waiting for the other two.

We can drag this thread out to another page, but I'm guessing that the OP is too busy answering fan mail to really notice what's going on in here. When you live by the sword, you die by the sword. I hope being "right" is a comfort once the computer's off for the night.

You ppl that live in warm climates need more reasons to get close. Hockey's back on - come to Canada and we'll show you how to keep yourself occupied in the cold winter months
 Hockeygirl777
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2005 12:52:45 AM
In all honesty, she obviously doesn't trust you or your decisions on who to talk to if she is asking for your password. I believe that is completely wrong of her. As long as your not doing anything that she would consider wrong, then really what's the harm give it to her, let her check it out once, and then change it. that's what i would do if she is adament about it.
 girlllygirl
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/12/2005 4:00:01 AM
Well, Here is the update. She stopped answering my calls. I then sent her a text asking if she was mad. She told me it was over!! So, she broke up with me because I wouldn't give her the password. Sometimes it cost you to stick to your principles.
No offense, but maybe she broke up with you because of your ridiculousness on here. I mean come on. This is like having a really loud conversation in front of someone else just to give them a message. It is likely that she was interested in a relationship with YOU, and working problems out with YOU, not your working your problems out with the PoF community in front of her.

Next time I'd recommend a little bit of discreteness. Involving others, let alone a hoard of strangers, is rarely appropriate. And to throw it in her face at the same time? Never appropriate.

Good luck to you.

And I also would like to hear from the "ex" - if she's so involved w/ the site, why hasn't she reacted?
I would imagine it has something to do with her maturity level and not caring to involve a group of strangers in an argument with her boyfriend. I say good for her for not responding.
 bewitchingsecret
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/12/2005 7:41:53 AM
I agree girlllygirl ~ I was eluding to the fact that this was all just a ruse for some exposure. No one would be dumb enough to choose a computer over a relationship - and if they do, best to find out now.

What's her PoF ID, lost? She might as well get some free press, too
 bewitchingsecret
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/12/2005 10:08:17 AM
You might want to do a recount :roll:

While many had agreed w/ you at the beginning, you lost a lot of support once you quickly changed your profile back to dating. If it had been a serious relationship, seems to me it should have taken a bit longer to get over it - and if it wasn't, why even pose the question of a password? If I was casually dating someone, then no - no password. If I was in a relationship, there'd be no password to worry about ~ I simply wouldn't be here

Bandito
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/12/2005 10:19:24 AM
betwitchingsecret has it right

In a relationship, make everything fully accessible! Hide nothing other than gifts/special plans until they are ready to be delivered.

Trust is everything know and what isn't known. Help her trust you by allowing her complete access into your life. That's everything including this account...MSN/Yahoo accounts I see nothing gained by hiding anything if your behavior is truely trustworthy.

Bana-dito
 Sweete_
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2005 10:20:00 AM
Especially, since many poster think her behavior is ridiculous and that she is insecure.

What is ridiculous here is that on one hand you say your in a relationship and on the other hand, (in your profile) you state your looking for "dating". What's wrong with this picture??. Sorry, but I'd be kissing you goodbye too!.......*S*
 bewitchingsecret
Msg: 101
Posted: 12/12/2005 11:49:25 AM
Okay - I'll update ppl this time (since cara's off today )

Dec 4, lostprophet wrote his initial question:

Author Thread: Girlfriend Wants Plenty of Fish Password!
lostprophet

Msg: 1
view profile

Posted: 12/4/2005 1013 PM
The other night my girlfriend ask me for my password to plenty of fish. I ask her why? She told me she was just curious to see the type of people that e-mailed me. I told her that if she trusted me in our relationship that she wouldn't need my password. I told her that I have nothing to hide and I don't. I mean come on, it says I have a girlfriend in my profile! She got extremely pissed off when I would give her the password. What do you guys think about this?

a few pages (and only two days) later....

Posted: 12/6/2005 436 PM
Well, Here is the update. She stopped answering my calls. I then sent her a text asking if she was mad. She told me it was over!! So, she broke up with me because I wouldn't give her the password. Sometimes it cost you to stick to your principles.

approx. 6 1/2 hrs later, this response:

heavelyyours24

Msg: 96
view profile

Posted: 12/6/2005 1156 PM
Okay I just read your profile and you say in the forum that you clearly state you have a girlfriend I think maybe you need to go read your profile once more because it actually says you are looking for a woman for dating. She may want the password because of that... I dont know how I feel about the password thing but if I am dating someone I give them my password only because I have nothing to hide, I would rather be open then closed.

So if you are not serious about this girl let her fly dont give her the password
If you like her then give her the password and change your profile.

So yeah - they "broke up", and he's shopping almost immediately afterwards. Everyone that cheered and said "good riddance" when they broke up should be saying it to her, not him
 girlllygirl
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/12/2005 1:08:05 PM

I don't want to give out anybody's personal info. If she chooses to participate in the thread then fine, but I do want to tell people who she is. Especially, since many poster think her behavior is ridiculous and that she is insecure.
You are behaving like a twelve year old. First you bring a relationship into the forums, in front of her, and try to get people "on your side." Now you want to trash her name because, to use your words, "many poster think her behavior is ridiculous and that she is insecure." If you want an example of insecure, read your posts.

Why is it necessary for you to go on and on like this, anyway? You aren't seeing her anymore. You list yourself as single. You're WAY too hung up on her. Try to move on without embarassing yourself further.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/12/2005 2:27:06 PM
My position on this issue: Don't give her the password, but....

let her review your contacts, favorites, and list of forum areas you've posted to, ...

but also demand (or at least ask) the same from her.
 girlllygirl
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/12/2005 2:49:11 PM

Kinda harsh don't you think girlllygirl? I don't think he's trying to "trash" anyone, as you put it.
Sure, he is. His words:

but I do want to tell people who she is. Especially, since many poster think her behavior is ridiculous and that she is insecure.
Translation: I have found people who lack respect for you, who think your behavior is ridiculous and that you are insecure. I want to tell them who you are so that they will know exactly who it is that they think poorly of. Essentially, I want to ruin your reputation here.

Not harsh at all. Truthful.
 girlllygirl
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/12/2005 2:56:56 PM
And maybe the "I do want to tell people who she is" is a typo, the do is supposed to be a don't.
Oh come on. You edited out the "But." "I don't want to give out anybody's personal info ... BUT I do want to tell people...

Yeah, typo. Sure. Valiant effort on his behalf, though. Perhaps you could be the next woman that he keeps secrets from and trashes on the internet.

(don't do it.)
 look in
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/12/2005 2:56:59 PM
She wants your password maybe so she can email all the women you have been talking to maybe?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >