Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 girlllygirl
Msg: 115
Girlfriend Wants Plenty of Fish Password!Page 3 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

If her behavior is ridiculous, than that is for you to decide.
If you were an adult you would understand that this is for YOU to decide, as it was between you and her. At least the women on here will now know how you choose to handle your relationships!

My point is that people in this thread have found her behavior ridiculous, therefore I don't want to give her a bad name by posting her screen name.
No need to be squirrelly about this; just be honest. You aren't posting her name because it is against the rules. Don't give yourself any credit for being a good guy. You're not.

Let me clear up one more mis-understanding. Many people think that my profile said that I was looking for "dating" in my profile. This is not true!! My profile was changed after my girlfriend dumped me. My profile before I changed it clearly stated I had a girlfriend. I understand that some women are going to rip me because I changed my profile so quickly. Well, she left me and I considered myself single. What is the mourning period you must go through before putting your profile back up? 7, 14, 21 days? Who knows. I just know I was single, and if putting my profile up so quickly makes me a bad person in you mind, then that's fine. I don't see anything wrong with it.
The reality seems to be that instead of handling your own relationship, you brought it on here, right in front of her. Thankfully she had the maturity to see you for who you are (acting like) and get the hell out of any pending relationship. I suspect that you weren't interested in continuing with her but didn't know how to end it and decided to push her away in this manner. Ladies: take note.

I feel like I have fully explained myself.
You certainly have. To make the process complete, please put a note in your profile directing potential mates to this thread so that it is clear what it would be like to date you. Full disclosure and all...
 girlllygirl
Msg: 116
Girlfriend Wants Plenty of Fish Password!
Posted: 12/13/2005 7:59:05 AM
1) They are no longer together.
2) Please read the thread so that you are not under any impression that this man is someone you might want to turn your attention too.
 girlllygirl
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/13/2005 8:27:11 AM
1) He's not a kid.
2) I merely suggested that the other poster would not be interested in a relationship with someone who behaved like this. That's an assumption, not a judgment.
3) I thought you were done with this thread?
 girlllygirl
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/13/2005 8:43:38 AM
Sure it's better. We make assumptions all the time. I assumed that rational people don't like their dirty laundry aired in public. Certainly better than judging someone's character, as you tried to imply I was doing.

That said, it's interesting that the whole point of this thread was to obtain others' judgments of this woman, yet a hint of the same back at him and you're up in arms.

Relax, don't let me "bother you." It's called differing opinions. The beauty of a discussion forum.
 girlllygirl
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/13/2005 10:17:26 AM
Sure it is. That isn't what you were admonishing me for, though.

I'm not sure what you're looking for; I thought (and still think) the premise of this thread was rude. I apologize if my expressing my opinion on it bothers you.

Are you trying to get at something that I'm missing?
 girlllygirl
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/13/2005 12:30:08 PM

There were no underlying agendas. The how's and why's of it were irrelevant.
I'm confused about your viewpoint. Is it your position that there were no underlying agendas (the "why's") or that the "why's" are irrelevant?

We cannot pass judgement or make assumptions about anyone.
Yet... that happened. A lot. And it seemed to me that the OP was requesting just that (I got this impression when he kept confirming just what he thought other posters' judgments were.)

What's good for the goose...
 girlllygirl
Msg: 127
Posted: 12/13/2005 1:14:45 PM
Personally I don't see a hidden agenda in post #1 It was a situation where he didnt know what to do.
Agreed. However, if you read through his following posts, I believe that the significance of the adjective "hidden" will become clear to you.

I'm really beginning to wonder about these forums and the anger that I see being thrown around.
I agree with you on this; I wonder too... to clarify, the OP is long gone and I don't think the banter here is angry... at least it's not from my corner. The rallying exemplified in msg 207 doesn't impress me much, but I hope it was a fluke.
 girlllygirl
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/13/2005 1:26:35 PM
Please don't be so literal. I'm sure you understand.

You ARE looking for an argument today, eh? Sheesh!
 girlllygirl
Msg: 131
Posted: 12/13/2005 1:37:15 PM
no not looking for an argument, but
The "but" speaks volumes.

And believe me, if I was looking for a fight, I wouldn't hide behind a computer
?? ?? I can't believe you actually said that. Absolutely priceless.

I can see that my lighthearted teasing is bothering you ~ (I know, I know, "no, it's not.")

You suggested earlier that you were done with this thread, but it seems you can't get enough of me. I'll make it easy for you, friend.

Take care.

Get the last silly word in and then perhaps we'll BOTH be able to move on.

(shoot, to late to use an emotion, because I am editing)
I... HATE that!
 Melissanicole
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/31/2005 6:12:52 AM
The forums are not worth creating strife in your relationship!!! Let go already!~

If the gf wants your password, she is worried you are screwing around on her. That is why she's getting nosey.

The larger issue here is not if you are screwing around or not (another thread maybe?) but the issue of privacy. You should have trust in a relationship, and part of that is respecting privacy and space.

YOU need to determine what YOUR baseline is...do you want to give her keys to your car, your house, your boat? Do you want to give her the PIN # for your debit card, your voicemail or cell phone?

Comeon! This is privileged info and that is why it should belong to you and you alone.

What you have to determine is what is important to YOU...that she respect your space and privacy...or that you start down the long road of continually proving that you're not cheating?

She will never be satisfied if she's that insecure. But if you're cheating...I can see why you'd want to hide your password. I'd just get BOTH of your profiles off a dating web site. The forums are not worth creating strife in your relationship!!! You're making choices to poison the situation and then complain because it creates havoc and drama?

Most intelligent response ive seen. Would I give it to her? NOPE, Id just delete my POF account and be done with it. If you have a girl who you care about, is it worth giving up to talk online to strangers?

And no offense, but married or commited men still get hit on. The "off-limits" factor is attractive to some weirdos. So saying "im dating" is no gaurentee.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/6/2006 2:20:04 AM
Its your privacy yeah maybe you don't have nothing to hide, but maybe there's something's you just don't wan't others haveing any idea of or knowing anything about i DO NOT think you should have to give her you'r password. You have you'r own freedom and so does she nobody should tell you what to do or when to do it. if she LOVES you then she will TRUST you. So goodluck on this whole deal and hope everything goes alright for you hun.
 jackyfrost01
Msg: 137
Posted: 3/3/2006 10:24:55 AM
so give it to her, but first take off anything incriminating, then create another ID that she doesn't know about and use that one. You've thrown her a bone by letting her see the one, but she won't have any reason to think you have a backup
 mandylady_1
Msg: 138
Posted: 3/3/2006 10:28:23 AM
Unless she's your wife, she has no legal right to demand anything personal of yours, including passwords. What if you break up later? She'll have access to your personal stuff. No.

You have your rights and if she can't trust you enough to let you talk harmlessly on forums, then she needs to move on. Besides she doesn't need a password to see what you've been up to. You can just click on the person's profile link and see all the forums and comments they made.
 sunshineface03
Msg: 139
Posted: 3/9/2006 3:17:54 AM
Its a forum to post ideas and opinions and get other points of views about a variety of subjects. How is that cheating or have anything to do with dating?

And since its only a girlfriend he has no obligation nor does she have a right to demand anything of his that he deems personal.

What if he does it and they break up over something else down the road? Well now she's got his personal password for no reason (not wise at this point).

Just because you don't wanna give you SO something personal doesn't mean your hiding something you paranoid people! ok so what's next? he has to hand over his car keys if she asks? What could he be "hiding" if he says no? gimme a friggin break. Privacy is privacy, and being snoopy or paranoid because you got screwed over in your past doesn't give you a right to accuse your current partner of mischief just because he doesn't bend to your wishes. If you don't trust the guy, then leave. But you got no right to make demands unless you know for sure he's doing something wrong.
 sunshineface03
Msg: 141
Posted: 3/9/2006 3:39:52 AM
How is posting to a public forum cheating? Especially if your clear on you profile that your not looking for a date and only post to forums.

You can look at anyones profile and see all their last 25 forum postings without a password.

Its not about control. Its HIS. Are they married? Does he have any legal obligation to do anything here? If she doesn't trust him, then its HER problem, not his. Unless she KNOWs he's doing something wrong.

As I said before, what is next? What if the girlfriend asks for his car keys next? what if he says no? Is that ok? Where do you draw the line at personal property and rights?

Again this is an insecure girlfriend, not a wife. If she wants to look at his profile, she can do so without a password easily. You don't have to be logged into the site to see anyone's profile info or any of the forums.
 SHE-DEVIL-36
Msg: 145
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:25:41 PM
Personally......I wouldnt ask for a guy's password.....might say..what is your password?...hehe.....if he told me.....well......I would be impressed...if he didnt....well I would get suspicious..lol

Next......in my opinion.....I wouldnt give her the password ONLY because she could be vindictive...and well post unflattering things about you in your profile..if she gets mad at you....

BUT...you should not have a problem(AT ALL)...with her reading anything that goes in or comes out of your mailbox......if you two are monogamous...

had a husband that followed me around sometimes...when I did home health nursing....

would catch him....and just smile....(he loves me)..lolol....didnt feel threatened or anything....I never cheated....and didnt mind at all

after all....I had nothing to hide.....now....I had a boyfriend that kept checking on me....and we were not serious yet....and well...I was guilty of flirting at times....shamelessly....no intimacy or anything....and I got so mad when he checked on me.......tongue in cheek...

if you are not doing anything wrong....and you have given your word to be monogamous to the is one person......there should be NO secrets....NONE...NADA.....
 jackyfrost01
Msg: 147
Posted: 3/11/2006 12:27:19 AM
I think Bucsgirl already explained that to you, Sienna, yesterday on another Forum. Bottom line is you don't care what reason people have, you just like to keep saying that and getting reactions out of people. I understand your viewpoint, but everyone isn't going to agree with it. We all have our reasons for being here that aren't limited to what's inside your scope of reasoning. You don't have to believe Bucs, or me or others that have explained why attached people come here to answer forums. Doesn't matter, your objections are duly noted, now back to the forum postings.
 mandylady_1
Msg: 148
Posted: 3/11/2006 9:24:10 AM
neither would I. If they had a problem with it then tough.
 tiffs_popular_22fca
Msg: 149
Posted: 3/24/2006 2:45:24 AM
no one needs a password to see what your doing on POF anyway. The only reason you need it is for the ability to use the email system and post to forums. Otherwise its easy to see what forums he's been to without the password.

I wouldn't do it for someone I wasn't married to. If they got trust issues, then its thier problem, not mine. They are free to leave or find a way to get over their own insecurities.
 jackyfrost01
Msg: 150
Posted: 3/25/2006 4:31:02 AM
^^^your right, but thats about the 10th time someone's said that lol
 jackyfrost01
Msg: 152
Posted: 3/27/2006 5:55:07 AM
that's true, too

On POF we can see everything each has posted to the last 25 forums though without needing each other's passwords though, right?

What's the purpose of needing his password?
 tiffs_popular_22fca
Msg: 153
Posted: 4/2/2006 4:46:50 AM
you don't need a password. The person has insecurity issues and is either on the path of getting lied to all the time so their partner can have their privacy or being alone alot from partners who can't stand it.

Go ahead and let her see it. Make another profile to use in peace and let her look at you old one all she wants. In fact, make it HER profile, and you can go create your own new one. She needn't know.

Thats what an insecure partner creates... sneakiness. If your always looking for a reason to distrust your partner is going to end up giving you one just to retain their own privacy.
 Stoneoz
Msg: 166
Posted: 11/11/2006 8:54:23 PM
What have u got to hide n wth would u hide a password from ur girlfriend? if u dun trust her , best u keep her as friend n stop wasting both ur time .. goes both wayz ie with her asking for it , but why should she have to, n y u still 'fish'n?
 sportsmom7
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2006 12:47:23 PM
If you had a girlfriend, why were you on a singles site anyways??
 SmtmsAlwys
Msg: 176
Posted: 12/13/2006 10:26:41 PM
If there's one thing I've learned from all of my prior mistaken relationships it's that no trust = no relationship.

It's one thing if you actually want to give her the password. It's quite another if she badgers you for it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >