Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SonoraDreamin
Msg: 188
Girlfriend Wants Plenty of Fish Password!Page 4 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Okay definitly a trust issue...she is a POF member and so are you...basically if you have nothing to hide then whats the problem? Just exchange passwords and you can both see what the other ones up to...unless of course you do have something to hide...I have suggested this to other people with the same problem...read this article it might help the both of you...

http://ezinearticles.com/?10-Crucial-and-Surprising-Steps-to-Build-Trust-in-a-Relationship&id=2136
 ponygrlâ„¢
Msg: 190
Girlfriend Wants Plenty of Fish Password!
Posted: 2/1/2007 4:14:25 PM
if anyone in a relationship asks for a password to this or any site then the person would be foolish to give it to them. what ever happened to "trust" in a relationship. without trust then where's the relationship?

i'm sorry, i for one will never give any of my passwords to anyone.

sure, i'll give my mate (if i had one) my passwords so he can go into my account(s) and change my passwords on me....NOT!!! i don't think so. my passwords are important to me. sure i may be talking to "friends" in email but then again i might even have some important things saved in any of the sites (not pertaining to other men). giving my password up to anyone is like signing my life away and that's something i'll never do.
 bonzo31868
Msg: 193
Posted: 3/10/2007 12:01:36 AM
if you have a girlfriend why are you in plentyoffish.com you should enjoy your woman and love her and be faithful - the world needs more good men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 rockondon
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2007 1:29:42 AM
I love the forums on PoF. That's plenty enough reason to frequent this site when you have a girlfriend.

Giving her your pass is a baaaaaaad thing to do. Don't reward her for her insecurities or lack of trust. The people you talk to don't affect her, so its none of her business. Everyone needs their space.

Do I have anything to hide you ask? Yes, my personal space you insecure jealous little...sweety you.
 midnitemaniac
Msg: 204
Posted: 5/4/2007 5:38:12 AM
There is a lot to be said for making friends on this site or any other. There are several so called dating sites that have friendships established aroung the world and the site is a main means of contact. Read an article in local paper where a wife got her husbands password and curiousity got the better of her and she started questioning who he got emails from and why didnt he tell her he had heard from them. Eventually it seemed to become obsessive and he finally changed his password and didnt tell her. Too much information can be a good or bad thing but if you cant trust each other without knowing all the priveledged information then there is more going on here than just curiousity. If you split up,this person has access to people and things they maybe shouldn't. ID theft is a big problem these days and has to be considered in these cases. Let them read your mails and profile when you are on, that SHOULD be enough to satisfy their curiousity.
 anyoneoutthier
Msg: 207
Posted: 5/7/2007 4:32:14 AM
Maybe i am old fashion but if you have a bf or a gf what the hell are you looking for here, you make it sound like you got something to hide and being here when you have a gf or a bf you are hiding something.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2007 5:37:42 PM
I'm with mrslucci. My man and I share our lives, nothing is excluded. I have nothing I need to hide or keep private from him.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 215
Posted: 5/8/2007 11:10:44 PM
Sorry, I'm going to have to say "HELL NO" on this one. I don't care, nor do I ask what the man in my life does online. And I refuse to indulge such silliness as him wanting my passwords here or elsewhere. If he is worried that I am cheating (via a little white box with black letters in it) he has the issue, I don't. This has been a discussion for me in the past and I basically made it very clear, "no way!" I am sort of a recluse and I don't socialize out in public (except very rare times with family.) My friends here are 90% female and I vent to a few of them when I need to. Hence, this is my girl-time. What I say to them is privilged information and it's none of his business. If he honestly thinks I am "looking to find" that indicates to me he's insecure and/or possible having fidelity issues of his own. I don't have time or energy for such self-defeating actions. JMO
 sandy46blueyes
Msg: 217
Posted: 5/9/2007 9:54:43 AM
I see no reason why you couldn't exchange passwords if you both have nothing to hide. I can understand as I was in a relationship where there internet activity and when I would walk in the room the screen would change immediately, when I asked why I was told it was just force of habit. As it turns out that was not the truth and if I were in another relationship I may feel somewhat insecure about still being on a dating site. There are many men out there that are married or have a SO and are still looking to have some on the side. If you have a trusting relationship you should be open about everything and don't hide anything, then there can be no trust issues.

Sandy:)
 JustKelly70
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2007 11:39:10 AM
I can certainly relate to this, I had not seen this post till today.
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts6699722.aspx
 johnny prophet
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2007 2:32:41 PM
If I had a girlfriend and still found the time to come to PlentyofFish, screwing off on the computer instead of spending time with her...... I would not give her my password. I would put "seeing someone" in my profile and state that I was there for the forums.

If she persisted in pestering me about it, I'd say "the fact that you don't trust me, the fact that you're worried enough about it to ask says that you probably shouldn't be dating me."

If I had nothing to hide and I happened to logon all the time, I might invite her to watch the next time I logged in and checked my inbox. But only if I felt that she was being semi-reasonable on the issue. Unless we have come to a mutual agreement in advance about sharing all of our privacy with each other, you have no right to this information, whether i'm 'guilty' or not. If you don't trust me, please, please don't date me.
 LaffNTalk
Msg: 222
Posted: 5/9/2007 10:57:14 PM
Here's an interesting thought ... this message was posted almost 2 years ago. The OP is no longer on this site, and people are still giving him advice!
 whater39
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 2:33:13 AM
I wouldn't give her the password. Since it's your account it's your "property". I don't give my password for any account (e-mail, ban.k or whatever to anyone).

I would be willing to let her once see my profile and mail IN/OUT history & what I had posted on the forums. This would be with me sitting with her there. That way you can prove your not up to any "funny business".
 midnitemaniac
Msg: 226
Posted: 5/11/2007 2:12:25 PM
As you said when mentioning your 14 yr mariage...and yet you are on here. so even being that open and trusting didnt work. Things are different in today's world people will lie to you to get your information. People you live with, loved, and trusted wil take your info and use it against you or in some illegal way. For many people computer access is their main contact with the outside world. Have read articles about disabled people creating a whole virtual life for themselves online. Something they would have been prevented from doing not even so long ago. I still say you have to have some personal privacy and for safety's sake that means protecting yourself .We all need some things that are uniquely ours and part of what we are.I dont mind sharing but Im not giving it to you to keep...look at whatever you want while Im here but dont get snoopy and obsessive when Im not.
 CherishDragon
Msg: 229
Posted: 5/28/2007 10:49:28 AM
No, I would not give her the password.... but if she wont let it go and you truly have nothing to hide, why not just log in and let her look...log in yourself..... on the other hand, she does not have any right to see your personal emails. ... but if you are just wanting to show her there is nothing to worry about just log in for her.
 CherishDragon
Msg: 230
Posted: 5/28/2007 10:49:56 AM
Here's an interesting thought ... this message was posted almost 2 years ago. The OP is no longer on this site, and people are still giving him advice!

HAHA oops!!
 djsendsasmile
Msg: 232
Posted: 6/6/2007 10:52:20 AM
If you have a girlfriend what are you doing on a dating site? There are plenty of other forums and internet communities that have just as many interesting topics. That just sounds stupid to me for both of you to continue to have your own accounts when you are supposedly a "couple". If you are both on the site and have nothing to hide, why not join your profiles into one account? I don't agree with someone having to resort to snooping into someones email and asking for passwords, so why even go there? If you had one account, then there could be no misunderstandings. If I was in a committed relationship, I wouldn't want my boyfriend to still have his fishing pole in the water.
 slashfractal
Msg: 237
Posted: 8/19/2007 5:35:00 AM
J U S T Give her the password.
 freebird69
Msg: 239
Posted: 11/2/2007 1:37:08 AM
Hey buddy

Let's get real NOW the idea that she would even ask is insulting, ask her what her password is for her MSN or any other messenger programs that she has.

Then ask her for her bank account password too.......The problem I have with women like that is they are fishing, spying, so that later they can use it against you. No matter what your profile may say, if a beautiful woman contacts you , you will have a problem you do not have control over who connects with you and for that reason alone she will make you delete your accounts to prove your love for her.

Give her an inch NOW and she will continue to take a YARD for the rest of your life. Where is the respect? the trust? the love?
She is your girlfriend NOT your controller, set it straight NOW before she snips your BALLS. What will be next? Who you can hang out with/party with? it will never end STOP the MADNESS NOW before its too late, personally I would DUMP HER

Good Luck Buddy she's the devil in disguise
 ffryan
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 1:49:19 AM
If a guy has a girlfriend, why would he need a profile on an internet dating site? Or the other way around with aa woman with a boyfriend.

** I realize this is a 2 yr old thread, just a general question**
 musicman2020
Msg: 245
Posted: 1/4/2008 9:52:49 AM
Hey... of your girlfriend is a keeper then get off any dating site and find another way to make friends. If she's not a keeper then why are you dealing with that? I'm sorry to sound so harch, but if someone has trust issues you don't make light of them, but do your best to show her that she matters and that ultimately her ability to trust you is most important! Once you leave here you can work on trust issues together. If being here is more important than being with her, then there is your answer and why are you with her! However, if you're living together then you really SHOULD honor her need to trust you. Capice???
 kwh56
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2008 6:25:43 AM
Hope this hasnt already been brought up as I just skimmed the 17 pages on this post. Recently I overheard my oldest daughter telling her friend on telephone she changed a guys profile on My Space cause she was mad at him for something he did to her at school and then changed his password so he couldnt get into his profile. I was furious! and made her call this guy and apologize and give him the new password! Some on here seem worse than teenagers and I could see that happeneing here. There is no excuse I can see to give her your password!
 FeistySam
Msg: 255
Posted: 4/25/2008 11:20:46 AM
IF you have nothing to hide, give her the password...and ask her for hers as well. I dont see why youre stalling in giving her your password.

????
 Ms Brat
Msg: 257
Posted: 4/26/2008 11:08:11 AM
Lost: Give it to her. If the two of you are to trust each other, begin now. This gesture is a way of building your foundation. I can understand why you may not want to share your password, after all, if she trusts you there should be no reason to ask you to prove it. Then again, perhaps a little insecurity on her part is asking you for this reassurance. So, if you want to build a future, give her the cement she needs. In the scheme of things, isnt this petty......
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >