Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Too early say "I love you"? To feel Love?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ubergeekazoid
Msg: 1
Too early say "I love you"? To feel Love?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Is it ever to early to be in love? Is there really a min. or max. period of time in which people fall in (*gulps*) LOVE? I thought I knew the answer, but I'm not so sure anymore. (and its scary!)
 notregme
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Too early say I love you? To feel Love?
Posted: 12/4/2005 11:31:25 PM
its when your both readdy to say it
 sammysalt
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/4/2005 11:33:14 PM
No time limit. Some know right away, and some not until they are old, and some never.
 ubergeekazoid
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/4/2005 11:47:19 PM
TAMI:its good to hear those things...thanx!
 Polly_G
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/5/2005 8:49:05 AM
Hmmm well you can love a person for many different reasons so I don't think there is a time line for that kind of thing. I would be careful about actually saying it though. If the other person isn't quite ready yet themselves to say it (not saying they won't be) it might scare them off. You can be very compatible but just move at different speeds. Professing your love to someone who moves at a slower speed can feel like pressure.

I do think before making a strong committment you have to take some time to get to know each other. This includes seeing how each other function in their environment.

You can love someone with all your heart but there A LOT of things that can screw that all up. Family, friends, finances, work, bad habits, their ability to deal with stress, etc. etc.

But the advice is coming from the queen of cautious here so to each their own.
 twisted40
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/8/2005 1:09:32 PM
some may say that there is a "too early" a time to be sayin u love that special someone, but then again its entirely how u feel about him or her.nobody can tell u how u r feeling about someone. its your body and emotions. go with ur heart.
 twisted40
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/8/2005 3:23:42 PM
AWWWW, triplethreatlive, u r just a big ole sap at heart.lol
 creehazy
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/18/2006 4:28:48 PM
I wish the words weren't thrown around so much. I can respect a guy who doesn't feel ready to say it for whatever reason (probably that he doesn't lol), but I definately wouldn't appreciate realizing later that he didn't. I don't dig headgames like that.
 Fuzzymutt
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2007 10:37:32 PM
Like anything else in this life,you must listen to your heart,but analyze it rationally. Ask yourself a few questions. First of all,has he seen your myspace profile? If so,he pretty much has an in depth,colorfully informative idea of who you are. Also,are you having difficulty thinking of anything other than him? This is a strong indicator you are very taken by him as well. If you find yourselves finishing each others sentences and laughing a lot of the time you're together,it's highly possible you've found the real deal. Now comes the ugly part. Find out everything you can about your beau,then have him over for an entire weekend. Seriously,I mean 48 hours of uninterrupted couple time. That doesn't mean sex,sex,and more sex,either. It includes the eating,
TV skills,quiet time and sleeping habits (snores or no snores?) and bathroom and hygiene habits. These are your true barometers for a happy relationship. In other words;Can you see yourself living with the man forty years from now? If so,I'll dance at your wedding.....everyone can always use a big laugh at weddings....
 prolibertate
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/19/2007 10:53:01 AM
I'd say it all depends on the individual person whether or not it's too early, and their age, maturity and experiences...Sure, we may have all said it too early when we're younger, only to realize later that what we felt wasn't really love...hindsight *is* 20/20 ;) But once you've really been in love with someone and it doesn't work out for whatever reason, I believe it's much easier to realize whether or not you're falling or are 'in love' with someone else much easier and faster. Again, a lot depends on the people involved; how much time they spend together, how good their communication together is, etc....but if everything else is good, one should be able to trust what their mind and heart is telling them...and not taking a risk will always leave one wondering 'what if?'
 darlyngirl
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2007 10:11:23 AM
But can you scare a guy off? I've been seeing this guy everyday for the last 3 weeks, I've slept at his place every night for the last 2. A couple times it's almost come out. Though, I am a little wary- I've only told 1 other man that before and it came out, again by accident/out of shock when he told me after 3 months that he was worried he was just with me because he was desperate. He wasn't ready to say that till we had been together a year.

I keep biting my tongue because I don't want to scare him away- out of your personal experiences men? How early does a woman scare you when she says "I love you"?
 EnElSol
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/26/2007 10:20:32 AM
Ah yes... the question everyone in a new relationship ponders. I like everyone else think that it is a matter of are you both ready...

However...

I'm also a realist and know that relationships are generally circular in the fact that women trade sex for love and men will gladly trade love for sex. Saying the words " I love you " early on opens the door to much heart ache if the relationship fizzles out early.

I know I'll probably get flamed for that thought, but try and remain honest with yourselves. Many of you have experienced love in some shape, way or form and ended up getting burned for relying too much on your emotions.

Love is about faith, but that doesn't mean you go a 100% heart without consulting the grey matter between your ears ;)

Just my two cents
 mhunibee1
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 9:33:46 PM
I understand the angst of not wanting to say those words too early...but you should know yourself by now. If you think you fall in love too soon then wait it out a little longer to be sure, it can't hurt...but if you are afraid to say it because you don't want to be hurt or because he may not say it back then there is the problem. It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. Anything worth anything is a risk...love is a risk...take it!!! :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Too early say "I love you"? To feel Love?