Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YamIhere
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Are people always on the lookout for the bigger better deal?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Some are, sure. I don't think everyone is. When I was married, I sure wasn't. Now that I'm single, I'm not looking for even an introductory deal, so what do I know?
 hairybum
Msg: 3
Are people always on the lookout for the bigger better deal?
Posted: 12/7/2005 11:02:27 AM
Personally, no I don't.
 arri
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/7/2005 11:19:13 AM
Professional entrepreneurs know that when committed to a project, you see it to the end .. with a proper exit strategy. Ultimately however, IMO everyone just wants to find a nice home and settle down.
 miss music
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2005 11:19:25 AM
It depends on their personality. Some will and some won't.

If they don't know exactly what they want but are looking for the "best" for them and will not "settle" for anything less, then yes, they will always be looking and never satisfied.

If, however, they truly understand themselves and relationships and know exactly what they truly need to be happy and satisfied, they will stop looking as soon as they've found it and they WILL be happy and satisfied.

That's my opinion/observation.
 sddude
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/7/2005 11:26:42 AM
I see all my female friends always trying to upgrade to a guy with more money taller etc...
I have been dumped for an upgrade before
 Tinkle
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/7/2005 11:38:07 AM
they might not be actively seeking, but if something "bigger and better" comes a long then by definition, yes.
 linne
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/7/2005 3:15:02 PM
Yes, always. I am a logical creature, why would I pass by an opportunity with someone better by whatever criteria applies? I'm very present oriented, time invested with someone in the past has no meaning to me. I stay with someone so long I completely desire/worship them. The day this changes, I move on.
 linne
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/7/2005 3:54:45 PM
People are strange.
Why would you pass by someone more attractive/intelligent/attuned to you, whatever...

When involved with someone it is not that I actively seek out anyone else, but if something more cosmic fell onto my lap, why would I ignore it?
 linne
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/7/2005 4:48:38 PM
I'd be respectful in that i'd end the prior relationship immediately, explaining the circumstance. I wouldn't cheat on someone.
 kurifu
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2005 8:31:38 PM
Some people are, I have seen it. Personally if I love the person I am with than this is a large infringement of my own morals. But hey, that is me.
 tom_canadian
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2005 9:50:31 PM
I don't know if looking for a better deal is the best way to put it. I think when you're in a relationship, if everything is going fine, then no one is "looking".

It's when the bumps come up that the looking over the fence starts.

Then there are the times when something just happens. You can't always choose who you fall for. Your mind messes with you.

Stupid brain. Dumb heart. If I could cut you out and live, I would!!!!!

T
 sammysalt
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/7/2005 9:52:23 PM
Some are some aren't. Were not.
 tom_canadian
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2005 10:21:57 AM
See, the problem is, it's all a state of mind. Your mind starts to play those tricks on you, and you start to think about what might be out there. It happens to everyone. What separates people is what they do with that.

Everyone has the thought, but not everyone acts on it. Why? Because you're happy with the person you're with. There's ALWAYS something or someone better out there. But if you're happy, you're less likely to act on any change.

T
 small*mtn*lake
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/26/2005 9:34:53 AM
I think xelcesiot has got a point there.... staying in your own yard is a good point of reference for what is going on in your own garden . And if the roses aren't growing there is a reason for that..... maybe some other dog is off his leash and pis sing on them in the night.
follow the bouncing ball man
 linne
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/26/2005 3:19:37 PM
Blah blah, typical senseless idealism in culture of decadence and apocalypse. If nothing else I wish always to be pragmatic.
Crunchberries is a strange case for me to observe as well.
 CDSmith1967
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/18/2011 9:41:29 AM
People like that makes me appreciate their honesty enough to
be thankful I don't ever approach them.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >