Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DragonRider
Msg: 21
view profile
History
How would you define Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Rose? Air mattress is a nice thing in camping... especially if you plan on getting... um... frisky

~~Dragon Rider~~
The Dragon awakes, hope rises again
Happy New Year Folks
 DragonRider
Msg: 23
view profile
History
How would you define
Posted: 12/29/2004 5:33:15 AM
I would most happily swat them off Rheanna... :-D

~~Dragon Rider~~
Happy New Year Folks
 DragonRider
Msg: 26
view profile
History
How would you define
Posted: 12/29/2004 12:57:27 PM
Well, maybe you should have paid your club due then ;-)

~~Dragon Rider~~
Happy New Year Folks
 dodge-and-burn
Msg: 28
How would you define
Posted: 12/30/2004 2:10:29 PM

a person who you have to try to keep up with all the time that needs constant gratification whether its physical or emotional or whatever ....

Well said. My ex was very high maintenmance. She wasn't materialistic, but man was she moody. Always had to hear about her awful day at work.

High-maintenance people are the ones who can't be independant.
 ramcharger
Msg: 30
view profile
History
How would you define
Posted: 1/1/2005 4:22:34 PM
A it beats a lot :)
 limoshark
Msg: 35
How would you define
Posted: 1/3/2005 10:49:45 AM
I am as low maintenance as my 98' Chevy metro...
What you see is what you get, im notorius for wearing pj's all the time.. hair in a pony tail, no make up.., Always fresh brushed teeth though and soft moisturized lips..

I mean if im going out on the town ill get dolled up and look good, but it takes me all of like 25 minutes to get ready, shower shave all necessary areas, a little make up, blow dry hair, a** pants, tits shirt, black boots and im out the door..

I cant stand high maintenance men, i lived with five guys and two of them were ridiculous they would be in front of the mirror for like hours a day..
 oldsarge
Msg: 41
How would you define
Posted: 1/3/2005 9:01:40 PM
Something that should be on a "factory recall" list.
 limoshark
Msg: 43
How would you define
Posted: 1/4/2005 4:48:43 AM
well alishigia i can be high maintenance if you really wan† me too..

Oh yeah you have the best dog in the world.
 giggleparts
Msg: 55
How would you define
Posted: 1/5/2005 5:28:58 PM
Someone that doesn't like chef boyardee or kraft.... that's plain wrong.
 NYCman530
Msg: 69
view profile
History
How would you define
Posted: 8/26/2009 12:17:03 PM
Basically high maintenance is someone who's very materialistic oriented, likes the most expensive clothes, cars, restaurants, etc. And they require a potential partner to earn a 6 figure salary. I've even seen women on match.com who state in their profile that they're low-maintenance and when you scroll down to their salary requirements, it's at least $100,000 or $150,000. These shallow women make me laugh.
 justme1201
Msg: 71
How would you define
Posted: 8/26/2009 12:51:26 PM
Interesting replies on this thread.

When I think "high maintenance," nothing material comes to mind.. but emotional sure does. And yes, there are plenty of guys that are high maintenance. To me neediness equates with high maintenance. Needing constant reassurance that they're pretty/good looking or that you love them, texts/emails/phonecalls several times a day (and freaking out if, God forbid, you are busy and don't answer or reply right away), unable to make decisions on their own, needing to discuss every single problem they have ad nauseum, always have to have things their way or they pout .. yada yada yada.

If a relationship takes so much "maintenance" that it drains you emotionally and limits your ability to be an indvidiual? That's pretty "high maintenance" in my book.
 Nathan_x
Msg: 74
view profile
History
How would you define High maintenance?
Posted: 8/26/2009 2:45:19 PM
It basically means someone who requires a lot of effort, attention, or resources to be with. Asks a lot. Expects a lot. Demands a lot.

As opposed to someone who's easy to be with.

People here keep mentioning material things, but it often describes someone who's emotionally needy or always has to get their way.
 MissDawna
Msg: 84
How would you define
Posted: 8/30/2009 11:05:42 AM

When I think "high maintenance," nothing material comes to mind.. but emotional sure does. And yes, there are plenty of guys that are high maintenance. To me neediness equates with high maintenance. Needing constant reassurance that they're pretty/good looking or that you love them, texts/emails/phonecalls several times a day (and freaking out if, God forbid, you are busy and don't answer or reply right away), unable to make decisions on their own, needing to discuss every single problem they have ad nauseum, always have to have things their way or they pout .. yada yada yada.

If a relationship takes so much "maintenance" that it drains you emotionally and limits your ability to be an indvidiual? That's pretty "high maintenance" in my book.

Ditto. 100%.
 Magic_Fish
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/30/2009 2:28:02 PM
I would define high maintenance as someone who can't think for him/herself; can't plan for his/her future; can't cook for themselves; can't clean-up after themselves; etc.

I've been a mommy, don't want to do that again.

Met a guy on this site who fits the above to a 'T'. Next!

MF
 2fuzy
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/30/2009 2:41:40 PM
if she has to drive her car to bring her stuff for a motorcycle ride
if you have to make 2 trips to the atm for dinner and a movie that your late for because getting ready takes an 1.5 hours
if being in there presence for half a day leaves you exhausted with no will to live
 techgirl27
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2009 6:34:45 PM
A high maintenance guy is:

impossible to please,
impossible to see your point of view even with humor,
secretive about everything but complains about everything,
hiding something (often cheating)
comes up with "buddy" excuses every time you call
takes offense at every joke
wont even clue you in on what WOULD make them happy
Has to have their music playing or none
Compulsive about having everything his way (can we say 2 year old??)
makes you go by THEIR timeline but wont tell you what it is. (oh yeah)

The OP just listed things of someone who has decent self respect and takes care of themself, nothing wrong with that.
 deal with it
Msg: 95
Posted: 8/31/2009 4:15:54 PM
High maintenance, is someon who is into, Me Me Me, I want I want Iwant, Ihave to have, PLease get it for me, I need that dress. We have to do this. My friends are more important than you. designer cloths. expensive beauty salons, nail appointments. i need that necklace, i have to have that ring. all or part of the above.
That is high maintenance.
 justme1201
Msg: 100
How would you define
Posted: 9/18/2009 6:38:14 AM

Who cares if someone is needy, needy is easy to put up with if you're emotionally generous. Show them a little extra love and they'll shutup for a while.

Easy? lol. Actually, it's more like, show them a little "extra love" and they'll want more and more and more. It's never enough with emotionally high maintenance people.

I'd rather put up with a needy woman than some spoiled brat woman with a princess complex that thinks she's entitled to things just because she's attractive.

I'd rather not put up with either type [of guy], personally :)
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 103
How would you define
Posted: 9/18/2009 3:17:35 PM
High maintenance..One who sucks your energy and enthusiasm, demands to much time and attention (as in needy), loves something to be "going on", constantly spending to make up for lack of self esteem on their looks, clothes and possessions.

Verityone said it well..... "Whether they drain your emotions, psyche, patience, tolerance, finances, time etc...

I usually call them energy or emotional vampires, nothing is ever right or good enough.
 jacob8088
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/18/2009 7:31:54 PM
When I think of high maintenance, a few words come to mind. Gucci, prada, thousand dollar handbags..lol
 WanderingRain
Msg: 105
view profile
History
How would you define
Posted: 9/18/2009 11:09:16 PM
Many people have different opinions. This is my list:

1) the need to call me or text me every single day or hour.
2) obsession with brand name anything
3) someone who loves to keep up with the joneses
 CheezyChick
Msg: 113
How would you define
Posted: 11/20/2009 8:15:48 AM
High maintenance = immoral self-indulgence in excess...debauchery if you please....
 spunkybum52
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/24/2009 8:03:53 PM
High maintenance is someone who constantly needs the attention to keep them satisfied, whether its wining & dining, constantly telling them how pretty they are or feeding their ego, wanting money and expecting you to buy them things, stuff like this. It means they are someone who needs a lot of care. I don't like high maintenance people.
 Chitownguy40
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/28/2009 3:41:16 PM
A high-maintenance person is one who is unreasonably demanding. They can be unreasonably dmeanding of your time, attention, financial resources, etc. That much I think most people would agree with.

Where is gets tricky is where to draw the line between reasonable and unreasonable. It gets subjective. At one extreme, you see people who are absolute doormats, who will put up with anything. At the extreme are people--okay, mostly men--who only want sex and so regard any requests or demands at all as excessive.
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 117
How would you define
Posted: 11/28/2009 5:28:32 PM
Mr. Peanut Butter Cup wrote:
All of us enjoy the finer things this life has to offer. You only fall into this category when you always demand but never give back something in return.

I agree. It's selfishness that makes the "high maintenance" person undesireable.

As to the camping scenario, that would be me. Not the 3 suitcases because I like to travel light-ish, but the air mattress and pillows -- hell yeah. I'm not roughing it that much.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >