Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Spoiled Princess
Msg: 49
POF Success!Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
yes kewt they are a wonderful couple and I am soooo...happy for them....
hpoe....I mean hope....sorry i could barely spell it...mind defining it for me...seems to possibly be lost somewhere...
 oliolioxen
Msg: 52
POF Success!
Posted: 2/7/2005 6:26:24 PM
so i thought i'd let you all know that i found success on this site. i met an awesome awesome man and we're absolutely and utterly in love. its awesome how fabulous love feels. im so happy and its all thanks to pof! thanks pof!
 CROSSFADE
Msg: 53
POF Success!
Posted: 2/7/2005 7:02:50 PM
Okay...mind if I jump into this quilting bee? LOL. Heres the story behind Cross and Holly. Its gonna be long, so if you arent partial to long threads, you may just want to skip this one. Granted, certain elements will be left out, simply because they are personal, incriminating, or otherwise none of anyone elses business.

About 6 months ago, I came back onto the forums. I had taken a hiatus when the chat room was closed down, as well as decided to get some personal issues taken care of. When I decided to come back, it was on a "playing" level. I was not looking for something serious, soley because I wasnt sure it was ever going to happen. I had pretty much relegated myself to that guy that eventually ended up with a dozen cats and a van in the driveway. But that all changed when I got an email from Holly.

I had been bouncing around the forums, breaking all kinds of rules and having a blast, none of it really meaning anything... when I read her email. It was short, but still it blew me away.

"Crossfade, welcome back, its nice to have your witty banter and humor back. Hope your here to stay.... Holly." (not verbatim). But I was still blown away. We have both talked about it, but I dont really recall talking to her prior to that email. I know I never emailed her, nor her I. But that night, we started "Playing" in the forums, then of course the emails... then the eventual Yahoo exchanges.

We were playing in the forums, feeling each others heart/mind out... trying to find out what ticked. What we couldnt see on the forums, we spoke about on Yahoo. It was amazing, with every question, every reply, there was an instant click. Im certain that we were BOTH shaking our heads with every question, as well as every revelation. We met each other on every level. We even brought up some very tough situations... and yet still agreed. We were burning like a bonfire!!

I remember seeing her the first time on Cam.. I was amazed. I thought that someone was playing a trick on me... she was so beautiful. I was supposed to be cut a long time ago, yet she WANTED to talk to me. And talk we did. We still average at least 6 hours a day, IM and phone. Thats with jobs, life and football!!!

We have met with, and heard all the sceptics, but they dont really bother us. We have developed a very well rounded relationship with each other. There are things we may disagree on, but we both know that if that situation appears, that we just deal with it the very best way we can. If we have to agree that we disagree, then were okay with that. We dont waste time on this rock weaving hang-mans nooses, when we could be enjoying it spending quality time with each other, utilizing what is being cultivated inside of our hearts!

Hearts. Thats always the scarey part huh. Believe me when I tell you... the last thing that either one of us wanted to do, was to give our hearts away to someone that was 1300 miles away, via a flight, and close to 2500 via drive. That just isnt practical.

Ya well, forget practical. We found ourselves holding each others hearts. It happens. Over the phone and the internet. It happens. It happened.

Neither one of us were desperate, or lonely or needy... we just clicked, we found each other.

So we decided to meet.

This was riddled with problems. I was starting a new job, after having worked on the road for 7 years, she was in a job that was fairly new to her, and was overly demanding... we couldnt quite get the trigger set in order to pull it. But we never relented. We never gave up or got discouraged, we had that feeling burning inside us, that this was something different, something real. So we stored our time aside, and we planned.

It just so happened that it was more plausable (sp?) for her to come down here. Time, jobs as well as a few other factors showed us this. So when the time came, the ticket was bought, and the plans were made. We didnt ever feel weird about the encounter, or the first meeting, in fact... quite the opposite. I remember talking to her on the phone and saying, "You know, when we first meet...." then trailing off. It sounded foreign. Like calling her Howard or Lucy... it just didnt sound right. Truth is... we have always felt like we have known each other for a very long time. When in reality, we had only known each other about 5 or now 6 months.

So she flys in here. To my country!! LOL. I arrive at the airport, at terminal D. Thats where the signs told me to go. Yet there wasnt ANYONE there... save a few people, and a whack load of security agents. Not your typical welcoming committee. After asking around, I realized I was in the wrong terminal. I was, according to the guy behind a very dark counter, supposed to be in terminal C!!

So I haul a** down there, and arrive at a baggage claim area. It made more sense, she had bags, and she has to claim them. Yet her flight number wasnt on the display screens. ANYWHERE!!!

So I stumbeled around and finally found a gentleman that told me she was supposed to land in terminal B!!! And that she landed 40 minutes ago!!!

Long story short, I race across this d*mn airport, trying to find the love of my life. Im nervous, not wanting Holly to think that I bolted or that I was a screw up in my planning.

I was walking up the stairs, towards terminal B, when I looked up and saw her starring at me. She had the most beautiful smile on her face!!! That was the woman I had been talking to for the past half a year!!!

We spent this past weekend together, and we did it the right way. We didnt plan a fantasy weekend, we planned a REAL weekend. We watched movies, went to MY bar, met my friends, went shopping for grocerys, paid bills and saw the place where I worked. We bacame a couple in real life, just like the couple we were online. No expectations, no remorse. We were Eric and Holly. She never asked me to go and do and be... and I never tossed a schedule towards her. We changed plans on the fly, and we adjusted our plans according to our mood and what we wanted to do... just like a normal, every day couple.

We only had 4 days though.

Driving her to the airport was tough. Well, it was beyond tough. I didnt want to do it. Having her here in my life, in our apartment... was perfect. Things felt balanced. No hype, no false pretences... just a wholesome balance.

When we got there, we had our moment of telling each other, it wasnt "goodbye", but rather it was, "see you soon" and "lets get THIS and THAT taken care of, then lets make our next plan" kind of goodbye.

She checked in and did the security thing, while I watched her from behind the security line. We said our good byes and kept mouthing to each other..."I love you"... "call me"... and all of that. I finally told her, that because the line was moving so slow... we would be there for hours, lipping the same ole same ole. She laughed and said I was right, and that I should go. I didnt want to, but it made sense. So I pushed the down button on the elevator.

When the door opened, I blew her a kiss and told her that I loved her, and walked into the elevator. From floor 2, I selected floor 1.

The doors opened and I was heading towards the parking garage when it hit me... TO HELL WITH THIS... and I ran back up the escalators!

I knew that she had 2 MASSIVE reasons why she couldnt just blow off the flight and stay, but every part of me wanted to yell, "DONT GO... STAY HERE... JUST DONT GO..."

I watched her go through the medal detector twice, then put her belt and shoes back on (and forgetting her ticket) then getting all of her things, and walking into the cafateria area. I followed her through shop windows, hoping she would see me, but she didnt... but thats okay.

She may have seen me first, and I may have seen her last, but this isnt the last time Eric and Holly have seen each other.... bye a long shot!!!

Sorry its so long!!!
 CROSSFADE
Msg: 55
POF Success!
Posted: 2/7/2005 7:12:00 PM
Im sorry NYAK.... but for the first time in my life, I feel like I am actually content, and very happy.

Thanks for the congrats babe!!! Love ya!!!
 honey_kizzes
Msg: 57
POF Success!
Posted: 2/7/2005 7:24:22 PM
OMG!!!!!! Cross hunny, that is just about the sweetest thing I have ever heard....I am sooo happy for you and Holly....i will pray for you two, that somehow things will move aside so that you two [and the kids] can have a LIFE TOGETHER....I really think, and feel that you two belong together....It looked just so right to see the photos of the two of you together, it was like you should always be at each others side...
You give the others here that are awaiting the meeting of their "couple" partner some hope, that maybe LOVE is real, and there is a chance for happiness...
I am soooo HAPPY for you and Holly, and I know this time away from each other is harder NOW that you have met, now that you know EXACTLY what you are missing, but with LOVE there is always a way to work things out....
BLESSINGS to you....
 CROSSFADE
Msg: 58
POF Success!
Posted: 2/7/2005 7:33:15 PM
Thanks both of you... but you know what? This site does work!! I know that sounds like some cheap advertisement gig... but holy hell, has anyone noticed that a guy like me found a Lady like HOLLY??????????

That alone should be a banner post!!!! I wish both of you, as well as everyone else a banner year in the dept. of love and happiness! (Holy sh*t!! Did I just say that??)
 honey_kizzes
Msg: 60
POF Success!
Posted: 2/7/2005 7:59:32 PM
OH MY.....Holly, you and Cross are just the bestest....REALLY...I am sooo happy for you both....Reading your posts, and seeing the pictures of the HAPPY COUPLE well that brings tears to my eyes, I am so thrilled...I love happy endings, or rather HAPPY BEGINNINGS...
 i dunno nuttin
Msg: 66
POF Success!
Posted: 2/7/2005 11:53:36 PM
Both Paul and I (ok, I'm using his account) are just sitting here with tears in our eyes.

You've got no need for LL Bean and Roots here (keep the La Sensa) and get your butt to Texas.

We are so very happy for you two. Congratulations.
 jennifer j
Msg: 72
45 #'s
Posted: 2/10/2005 4:45:00 AM
never met a lover on here but have made some amazing friendships so i think that counts
 i dunno nuttin
Msg: 73
45 #'s
Posted: 2/10/2005 6:01:59 AM
nothing like timmies down here Holly, Krispy kreme doesn't cut it, and no dunkin' donuts either, but theres always dairy queen!

We've got BBQ joints, drive thru beer barns and we're a conceal and carry state, thats got to count for somethin'!

We've got "great big-o" < (international souther southern unit of measurement) trucks, hats and dawgs and bugs, "texas hair", rockies jeans, Neiman-Marcus,
and more pretty sunsets than you can shake a stick at.

He's "a llittle ways" < (international Texas unit of measurement that means beween 20 minutes, or 3 days) away from one of premier vacation spots in the country, South Padre Island, and you'll love Texas winters. Roses bloom year round, and you'll be hard pressed to see Longhorn cattle in front of a corporate headquarters anywhere else in the world. Please note, I'm not saying a word about the long dry Texas summers where 30 degrees C is the norm. (March-Oct)

So, "git your purse and git in the truck, gurl"

How'm I doin' crossfade, convincing?

I (we've) got a boat on Texoma we'd love to have "y'all" c'mon up and "grab a cold one & sit a spell"

good luck to you both, eh?

take care
 italian touch
Msg: 78
45 #'s
Posted: 2/10/2005 6:23:43 PM
CROSS that story made me even more nervous then what I already am. Thanks for the good read brotha!!
 w8in4u
Msg: 81
45 #'s
Posted: 2/11/2005 5:03:59 AM
Congratulations Brittney!!!!
Your age only means that you will have the opportunity to experience love and happiness for a longer span of time.
I'm very happy for you.
Rosa
 NiceWithAttitude
Msg: 85
45 #'s
Posted: 2/12/2005 10:08:55 AM
OMG cross you've had me in tears after reading your post... I'm truly happy for you and holly and i know things will all work out for you both...
Little Poem that i just wrote straight from my hear for Eric & Holly :

Follow your heart is always best...
that pounding you feel is deep within your chest...
Love is blind
Love is great
True Love will always wait
Search long and hard and you will find
The greatest love of all lies deep within
For you two it is the beginning
For you've found love and you're both winning!

Again congrats to you both and you are both truly blessed!!!
 Tam0406
Msg: 88
POF Success Stories
Posted: 2/16/2005 12:00:38 PM
Hi everybody at POF !

Here's a success story for you:

I've met someone, dionstarfire specifically, here on POF, this summer. We exchanged emails for a while, and finally spoke on the phone on Father's day. That first telephone conversation ended up going on until after 3 AM.

I wanted to meet him as soon as possible, but he was hesitant. I just didn't want to invest a lot of energy and emotion into something that might not be going anywhere. I have a tendency to sort of invent the perfect boyfriend in my mind and then project that on the individual, missing the real person entirely. I wanted to meet the real person before I had a chance to invent a romantic fiction.

Acouple of days after the phone call, we met at a Second Cup on Bank (downtown Ottawa) during his lunch break, so that it would be public, and we had a fixed amount of time. (I figured if I'm meeting someone for the first time: 1) he could be a nasty person looking for a victim, so I wanted it to be public: nothing to be frightened of and 2) he might be a bad match. If we're meeting for dinner and a movie, I'm stuck with this person for the entire evening. If I have a limited amount of time, and it turns out that I like this person, I can make a real date, to meet up another time.) It was about the same distance from my office as from his.

When we met he was over-tired, over-worked, over caffeinated, and basically stressed out, but otherwise cute. :)

We spent every spare minute we had together from then on, moved in together August 27th, and he proposed Christmas. We're getting married August 13th, at my Dad's farm.

He’s the one person in my life who hasn’t tried to change my hair, my weight, my job, my political choices, etc. *Everyone* I know wants me to be something different than what/who I am. On the other hand, he’s been supportive of the changes I have made (new job, etc.) I feel like I can finally breathe.

I’ve left my profile up, hoping that it stimulates some ideas about what you might want to include in your own profile. If you have a really short profile with minimal information in it, what will stimulate someone to start thinking about you?

Hope this encourages you to keep trying !
 italian touch
Msg: 89
POF Success!
Posted: 2/16/2005 1:25:01 PM
How do people succeed in life? Do they succeed with earthly possessions? Do they succeed with careers? Do they succeed with religion? The answer is yes we do. Anything that we dream of doing and accomplish is a success story. Well, this is my success story.

I was introduced to this site by a good freind of mine with much skepticism. I felt like there was no way that anyone could meet someone online that you could be so compatible with or that you would want to even get to know more than a freind. I mean what if I met someone far away that I really enjoyed talking with and was interested in? I couldn't have a long distance relationship. Come on that was just stupid! So why bother with this? Needless to say I got bored one day and this is where it begines.

I posted an introduction without a pic. CROSSFADE was the first welcome followed by this beautiful lady. All she wrote was "welcome to this highly addictive place". I veiwed her profile and thought maybe I would say Hi and thank her for the welcome even though her profile clearly stated "just looking for freinds". What did I have to lose? I wasn't looking for love over the internet. I was just looking for freinds myself.

So she responded by a nice reply by saying "ya can't have too many freinds"...... I agreed. This is how I started to know this wonderful lady. It got to be everytime I was on I would see her and e-mail her to say "hi what's up?" She would quickly reply back. I couldn't wait to receive the next e-mail from her.

We e-mailed eachother alot! I was even brave enough to give her my phone number. In total amazement she gave me hers. It sat there for a few days. Well anyhow a few days later... why I did this I still have no clue. I just picked the phone up and called her without any thought of why or what I was going to say. I found myself hearing the most beautiful voice I have ever heard in my life. I also found myself wondering what the **** did I just do? It was about a 30 second conversation that I have no clue to what I said and to this day haven't a clue. All I picked up was that she wanted to talk to me and to call her in a few because she was doing dishes. So I did and we talked!

We talked everyday for hours and got to know eachother very well. To the point that we needed to see eachother face to face. Well she got on that big jet airplane and came to see me. I discovered that I was wrong about not being able to fall in love with someone online. I had already fallen in love with her but the first time I looked into her eyes it occured to me that I was about to fall in love with this lady for the second time. You really have to get to know the person for who they are on the inside and not for who they are on the outside but when I saw her I was amazed by how beautiful she really was. This was no picture infront of me this time. This was sheer beauty and I got to fall in love with her all over again and I did.

I was not looking for a success story but I was blessed with one. I want to thank Jimi for helping!

Shannon, I love you and I will dance with you forever!

Stephen
 honey_kizzes
Msg: 90
POF Success!
Posted: 2/16/2005 1:28:21 PM
SO TOUCHED by that Italian....My goodness, that is so sweet...You and Shannon are awesome...

I want to have a wonderful story like you and Shannon, Holly & Cross, Metal & Kr8zt....someday I hope to add a story here of my very own...
 summer bliss
Msg: 97
POF Success!
Posted: 2/16/2005 7:45:58 PM
Congratulations to Holly and Eric, Stephen and Shannon --- I came here as soon as I read Stephen's note in another forum.

You guys rock!
 italian touch
Msg: 98
POF Success!
Posted: 2/16/2005 8:00:54 PM
Thanks anya!

God bless you all.
 xchuck
Msg: 100
POF Success!
Posted: 2/17/2005 9:20:22 AM
Awesome what a testimonial Shannon i'm very happy for you and Stephen..thanks for making me smile
 Spoiled Princess
Msg: 102
POF Success!
Posted: 2/17/2005 9:49:11 AM
WOW....Shannon & Stephen...Congradulations!!! And Best Wishes!!!
That's way....cool....
 italian touch
Msg: 104
POF Success!
Posted: 2/17/2005 3:07:26 PM
(blushes)
 Ticketoride
Msg: 106
POF Success!
Posted: 2/17/2005 6:57:46 PM
Very Nice !!!
Happy for you Guys.
 briteeyess
Msg: 109
view profile
History
POF Success!
Posted: 2/18/2005 7:05:25 PM
Shannon and Italian...thanks for showing us that dreams come true in life...I am very happy for the both of you....good luck and God bless ....
 italian touch
Msg: 111
POF Success Stories
Posted: 2/19/2005 9:32:48 AM
It it so very nice to get positive responses from all of you. It means a great deal to Shannon and I to have the support from everyone and to have your blessings. We feel that there is someone out there for everyone and we are waiting for the next POF success story.
 skyclad
Msg: 118
POF Success Stories *sigh*
Posted: 2/22/2005 6:59:40 AM
The only success I have found on this site thus far has been meeting a few cool people...love? Nah, not yet...but I think someone once said "when you quit looking for it- it will happen" ..sooo I remain hopeful. My problem seems to be distances...anyone I am remotely interested in is always thousands of miles away *sigh* It is a cool site though and I have directed friends to it so that they could search to their hearts content as well.

Oh, i did meet one stalker *sigh* Thankfully that was nipped quickly. that is my "rant" for the day. C'iao
SkY
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >