Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RikiAnn
Msg: 163
POF Success StoriesPage 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I am amazed that first this site is absolutely free....second, that I found it through a friend.

I am not lying when I tell you if you find a dating site without my name on it....they just hadn't made it yet. Then a friend sent me the link to this site.

Of course, i dreaded filling out yet ANOTHER profile but hey....it was late, i was tired....who'd care? Well, someone did.

I have met a woman from POF that,short of being over top goopy and mushy, is perfect as you can be and still be humble and respect commanding.

I messaged her never really expecting a reply, afterall, someone accepting someone like me nevermind actually loving me was a miracle never to happen........but..........it did.

We messaged eachother back and forth....took advantage of POF's IM. Moved up and beyond to phone calls, meeting the first time for dinner, and several weeks later....we are not only in love with eachother in a good old fashioned way but are making arrangements for our wedding and future children.

Thank you POF for being the ONLY DATING SITE THAT PUTS LOVE BEFORE MONEY. Tammy and I thank you for everything that got us together on POF and for our future all do to you here on POF.

Sincerely,
Riki Ann and Tammy
 irishpixie1968
Msg: 165
POF Success Stories
Posted: 6/13/2005 8:44:36 AM
I would like to say that it can happen, you can meet the right person. I have only been on this site for a short time and I have only gotten a few replies from my ad. It is hard for me to meet that special person because I am overweight and a mother of two daughters. But I got a reply from a person on here. And after talking for a little bit, we decided to meet. And yes I am now very happy with that relationship. He was everything and more that he said he was. I was looking for someone to share my life with, and now have found it. Michael is very careing, and everything that I wanted in a relationship. I really never thought that it could work because I know that sometimes people lie about who or what they are. But I guess God was watching and sent me my angel. Michael is great and we have been together now for over a month, and still going strong. We are learning who each other is. And sharing everything. When you least expect it you can find that special person. You just have to believe and it can. I know we havent dated long but I thank God. That I could find someone so nice and gentle. Thank you plenty of fish and hope others can find happiness also. JUst believe and be true and you can find that someone also.. Thank You......Irishpixie1968
 batgirl
Msg: 166
POF Success Stories
Posted: 6/19/2005 3:03:08 PM
I think even more people meet on here than is bein admitted in the forums. Just last night I went to meet gixxerj for the first time after talking almost since I first signed up. I actually wish I could remember which one of us contacted the other first and what the message said 'cause as of about 2:30 this afternoon, we're officially dating. It's a pretty perfect match, too; we're both from small towns in Iowa, like to do the same things for fun, and have similar family histories (farm related).

And the funny thing was, about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I was ready to completely give up on finding a guy. You never know when it could happen to you.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 167
POF Success Stories
Posted: 6/19/2005 6:05:15 PM
Someone emailed me Tuesday and we met Friday. Nice chat, lots of laughs and interest. We've talked and emailed every day. Not knowing where this will go, but I can say I'm already losing interest and may soon change my profile to email/chat only. He is that rare combination of wit and intelligence and not only gets my offbeat humor but gives it back and challenges me on it. Oh, and much better looking than his picture, which is a nice surprise. We're planning our next date and I know I'm looking forward to it. BTW, he was a perfect gentleman, quick hug at my car and that was it.
 Just_Lexi
Msg: 168
POF Success Stories
Posted: 6/20/2005 11:40:32 AM
met the guy i have been with for about 8 months on pof, in the chat room actually ( and yes we have met in person, obviously, as you can see by my pics) its working out great. he'll be moving here soon, so YES it is possible to fall in love with someone you meet online ( though the first few ppl you get involved with tend to not work out lol, i just view those as test runs before you find the real thing) anyhow, just wanted to share :) ~Lexi~
 Blueyebarbie
Msg: 170
45 #'s
Posted: 8/2/2005 6:39:10 PM
Ive met some guy on here who is like the total oppisite of me hes like the geeky/nerdy type and im the popular cheerleading preppy type. and weve been dating and its gone very well. I am planning on moving to missouri I just bought a house thurr and hes moving in with me and we met on this site in like April. And we are getting married in june! I really love this site. And I found "The One"...
 cfviper
Msg: 171
45 #'s
Posted: 8/2/2005 6:49:17 PM
I met blueyebarbie here, and she is the love of my life. I can describe her in one word: perfect. I feel very lucky that i found her, and i cant wait to marry her.
 Rob_0126
Msg: 173
POF Success Stories
Posted: 12/9/2005 7:10:06 PM
Great news. Glade to hear. :)
 summerlovessethcohen
Msg: 175
POF Success Stories
Posted: 10/1/2006 11:28:06 AM
No i do not have any sucess stories since i am still new at this site.Just join a few days ago.For now i am just wanting to talk to anyone i don't care if its male or female though i have met some people on here that i talk well they emailed me since i am shy and its hard to email other people since i do not know if they will repsond to me.I do open up but i guess it depends how comtable i am with you sometimes it may take a while for you to know who i am buti do talk its just hard since i am not outgoing.I tend to be quiet unless i know that person but i do talk when i have too or need too
 Niteowl007
Msg: 176
POF Success Stories
Posted: 10/1/2006 6:04:42 PM
You would have to put me down as a POF success story. After receiving a simple "I love your profile....just wanted to say hi" email from Autumn2006 in June, we have talked every day. She flew to Michigan for a week visit in August, and I am planning a visit to British Columbia for another week together in November.

We had an amazing week in August, actually hitting it off better than either of us could have dreamed of!! We are currently up to 3 phone calls a day, and another hour a day on messenger, not to mention the numerous texts!!

She is truly an amazing woman and continues to surprise me everyday.
 dreamgirl1677
Msg: 178
POF Success!
Posted: 10/2/2006 6:00:31 PM
wow that sounds like a romance movie ending....

Good luck to you both.
 hook, line and sinker!
Msg: 181
POF Success Stories
Posted: 10/16/2006 8:15:14 AM
I have a success story to share!
First of all, when coming on to this site, I talked with many people....got a feel for the place. After a while I had a few regulars I liked to chat with on a daily basis....one of the regulars was close to home....we met after a few months of emailing....we became good friends but i was leary...he was a hometown boy...HOW COULD THAT EVER HAPPEN?

Our wedding date is set for July 7, 2007....(we have known each other for a year and a half)
I just come back here to see how some folks are doing but other than that...who knew this would actually work!
Thank you POF!.....sounds so corney but its true!
Best of Luck to ALL!
 1959leo
Msg: 182
POF Success Stories
Posted: 10/16/2006 9:03:32 AM
Sure, put up my profile last thursday, the 5th of Oct., had a date on the saturday and this woman wowed me, thus I am gone from here, best of luck to you all.
 JPrincess
Msg: 183
POF Success Stories
Posted: 10/17/2006 2:08:12 PM
I posted my profile in december 2005, a few day later I got msg'd by navynesop. We msg'd on msn from december until July 2006 when he moved here to Nova scotia from British Columbia. Military posting not for me LOL. We met in person twice during those 8 months for a few hours each time.
Now that he is here we have been dating and things seem to be going well. Have I found LOVE? Who knows only time will tell. Both he and I are taking it slow i guess.
Sometimes I am not sure how he feels but i know i really care about him and hey he's still around so i can't be that bad. LOL
 musicalife
Msg: 184
POF Success Stories
Posted: 10/17/2006 2:29:20 PM
It does work!! I mean I feel sooooo much younger than I did before I joined.

This wasn't exactly my intention...but hey I have discovered the 'fountain of youth' here!

I think there was an episode in the Twilight Zone movie years back about the fountain of youth.

Who would have thought?...it was just around the corner!

It's like going back and reliving High School all over again! The same immaturity, cliques, popularity contests, superficiality, and what-not! I guess some things never change. Heck maybe that is why we are as single as back in good ol' High School, eh?

summerlovessethcohen
Msg: 185
POF Success Stories
Posted: 10/28/2006 10:01:09 AM
I am back again.I have been on here 4th weeks on here and i have met some friends on here i haven't found the one yet but i am glad i made a few friends on here.If i ever have a sucess story i will write it down.I do like talking to the people i email and there are actually nice people if you can spot them.I will still stay on here since this site is free and you can email anyone on here or ims if they are online and check out the forums since i do read them sometimes.I haven't met anyone off line yet though there is one guy that i would like to meet but i can't right now because personal stuff going on in my life.I have talk to him on phone for more than 2 hours when he gave me his number and hopefully we will stay in touch and hopefully meet soon when the timing is right.I know what he looks like but he doesn't know what i look like besides a description.I love chatting with him and i am glad that we became friends he was the first person that message me and i am glad we are taking it slow i don't know what will happen between us but i guess time will tell once i meet him in person.I really like him as a friend and i can basically talk to him about anything and he listens to me and he is a sweetheart and a great guy.I hope we stay in contact and in the future as well.I can actually make a converstion with this guy and if it wasn't for pof i would not have met him off of here.Thank you so much pof.I hope i have a sucess story to share on here but so far i haven't found the one but at least i am glad that i have friends it better than nothing at all.If you are reading this you know who you are.I still love chatting with my other friends as well including my chat buddies too.For the guy that i like talking too i am glad that we are taking things slow and i am glad you are there when i need someone to talk too especially since i am having personal stuff in my life right now and its not easy for me now but hopefully we will meet and you can tell me in person what you think about me.You will be my favorite friend on here because i love everything about you and i am glad we got to know eachother on emails and actually make a real converstaion on here.

crash1313
Msg: 186
POF Success Stories
Posted: 10/28/2006 1:37:30 PM
If you have a sucess story, then what are you still doing on POF? You shouldn't still be looking
 ABSOLUTEKILLERDOGSMOOCH
Msg: 189
POF Success Stories
Posted: 2/16/2007 9:14:14 PM
I met a really nice little Christian lady. It is a long story. Some little gal was sending me notes. I got talking to her and told her I was going to go to the ALPHA COURSE at a church. She said she goes to church too. Then I found out her church is the same as the place I am going to start this Alpha course. So she said she will come with me to the course. Good thing she did because I would have been really intimidated and embarrassed going by myself. It was a free meal at 6:00 and the course afterwards. I have a friend now sit with me and eat supper with there and take the same course with me. Wow, cool I made a friend and I didn't even have to go out and get drunk at the POF singles parties. There is something for every body here .
 heavenlovelee
Msg: 190
POF Success Stories
Posted: 2/16/2007 10:05:40 PM
I FOUND A WONDERFUL WONDERFUL MAN, WE ARE BOTH TAKING OUR PROFILES OFF OF HERE AND WE ARE DATING , I HOPE THAT THIS GOES VERY FAR, FROM THE FIRST DAY OF MEETING WE HIT IT RIGHT OFF, WE TALKED FOR 6 HOURS FACE TO FACE, WE HELD HANDS AND WHEN WE FINALLY KISSED IT WAS LIKE I HAD BEEN KISSING HIM, FOR YEARS, i AM VERY HAPPY I FOUND JUAN, WELL REALLY HE FOUND ME AND I AM VERY HAPPPY THAT HE DID.
WE SHARED VALENTINES TOGTHER AND IT WAS WONDERFULL. THANKS P.O.F AND I WISH EVERYONE ELES HAPPY FISHING.
 ICECAPS94
Msg: 192
POF Success Stories
Posted: 2/17/2007 11:12:51 AM
POF success stories.... these stories are fictional and the photos are fake !! I'm sure there are some that are real, but within a short time, they will get deleted !
 optimismnlaughter
Msg: 193
POF Success Stories
Posted: 2/17/2007 2:38:38 PM
^^^I don't have a relationship success story per sa, but I have met many friends here at Pof. And I wanted **Kookies to know that she is counted as a blessed one. I met here almost a year ago. In these forums and we cliqued right away. We are sister-friends and she knows that I care about very much. I consider that a success story.

^^^and **KillerSmooch I am very happy for you and I hope this works out for you for the long term. It truly sounds like a good basis for a relationship..I have read many of your wise words in here. And you sound like you are ready to move on .. God bless and take care of you and yours..We are here..hope you stop in every once in a while to say hi..Optim aka LD

No this was not made up in anyway..for Mricecap...
 smileforgzus
Msg: 194
POF Success Stories
Posted: 12/14/2009 7:11:43 PM
I've been with my "success story" for 3 years and married him last week.
 bobbijo35
Msg: 195
view profile
History
POF Success Stories
Posted: 12/18/2009 10:55:14 AM
I met my baby (dover4real) here on POF we have been together now for a little over 6 wonderful months...we live an hour and a half apart but spend every Thursday-Sunday together and plan to move in together when I graduate RN school in May. Hes a great guy very real and down to earth and I think he likes me to!!! Thanks POF!
 lovemysox27
Msg: 196
POF Success Stories
Posted: 12/20/2009 8:26:39 PM
I agree all bullshit or for people much much older than me.
 Donotwantyou
Msg: 197
POF Success Stories
Posted: 12/20/2009 8:59:20 PM
Notice how 9/10 success stories are posted by women?

Lovemysox is actually quite attractive.

I agree all bullshit

Yep, even for people much older than you.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >