Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 305
view profile
History
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??Page 13 of 63    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I completely agree with you, Agape. I've known what it's like to be suicidal. When pain can get so intense that it's impossible to bear, and you see no way of dealing with it anymore, it can be very hard to think of any other way out.
 kpooks
Msg: 306
view profile
History
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 7/21/2009 3:23:09 PM
It's understandable. I was pretty down there when my brother died, and still don't see the point of hanging around here at times, but suicide is a chicken-s--t way out. Don't know what your Biblical or spiritual beliefs are, but I believe if you kill yourself, you won't meet God in the afterlife, because you were created in God's image, and, if you kill yourself, you're killing God.

Have the courage to keep going! Something or someone sweet might be just around the corner! Open up your heart and you'll see...
 wravyn
Msg: 307
Posted: 7/24/2009 1:33:41 AM
It's not worth it. Think of all the people who care about you and would miss you if you're gone. You would only be hurting those nearest and dearest to you. Life is hard, and love is even harder, but suicide is a pemanent solution to a temporary problem.
 mortalez
Msg: 308
Posted: 8/1/2009 7:58:15 AM
These are the things people should think about when they are treating others in a cruel and unfeeling way.
it is amazing how selfish people can be, you get offered love and give coldness in return. pain is something that eats your very soul and if we were all aware of that the world would be a nicer place.
Stick by your commitments and mean them.
Coldness runs the street in this world and the problem is the cold heartless person that caused such pain will feel none in your passing, the only solice is the pain will be over .... FINALLY.
 mortalez
Msg: 309
Posted: 8/3/2009 4:05:10 PM
Bottom line, we are our brothers keeper.
People dont takes these things lightley and to those that say love your self, it is self love that leads to this, to love your self enough to not let yourself suffer like this.
When you people (male and female) raise the hopes of others and dash them because you felt no butterflies, or tell them your love them in one breath then drop off the planet for days you contribute by the laws of causality.
Ask yourself would this HUMAN being still be alive if I had shown love back?
often the answer is yes. And if you DO feel love for a person then show it, make him/her a priority, live like this is your lovers last day on earth, and he/she will have a reason to think the world aint so bad, but I am sure many of you arent listening, you too absorbed in your own lives and will continue to view your SO"s like a spare tire or something to do on your day off and the hurt will continue.
 mcwr
Msg: 310
Posted: 8/4/2009 3:28:33 PM
Well, instead of killing yourself, kill the person that hurt you!
 shawnmanx
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 10:40:19 AM
I think suicide in general is a stupid, selfish and cowardly move by anyone in any situation. Death is a difficult enough thing for those left behind when it's accidental, let alone pre-meditated.
 Lucius89
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2009 2:41:26 PM
I have problems over my love-life which have the times that caused me to cut myself twice. Although killing myself isn't the right way on this point or for others as well. I just find it sad on how fragile someone's heart gets broken which resorts to self-mutilation. It's pretty much depressing. :(
 tremibri
Msg: 315
Posted: 9/18/2009 5:25:47 PM
It's not worth it!! Life is too precious. Your life is more important than the the person. There have been times when I felt like the world was coming to an end and then I saw someone else. We will continue to get our heats broken or our feelings hurt until we no longer exist on this Earth. Talk with someone that you trust about the situation. One thing for sure, TRUE LOVE doesn't hurt and if they left you to be with soemone else, it didn't jsut happen over night. They was seeing them the whole time. Life goes on and there will be plenty more fish in the sea. Don't do anything to hurm yourself or anyone lese because it's not worth it. TRUST ME!
 jacob8088
Msg: 317
Posted: 9/25/2009 11:40:43 PM
I don't give a flying shit about it. FFS...if your gonna do it, then just do it. Just don't expect any sympathy.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 318
Posted: 9/26/2009 4:47:56 PM

I can't stand people who say those who commit suicide are being selfish. Clearly the person who is prepared to do such a drastic act is in tremendous pain and to dismiss that shows a lack of empathy that amazes me. Maybe those who have no sympathy have never experienced such a level of pain, or fail to see how easy it to believe there is no hope of ever being without that pain. If your life experiences are only ones of the people you love leaving you, it is not much of a stretch to imagine that is all that it will ever be. Perhaps for some of you it is easy to find a new partner, but for others it may have been the only time they have found love in their whole life. Maybe they don't fit society's ideals of beauty, or are no longer young, are not outgoing, or whatever, and don't figure the chances of it happening again are too great.

The least all those of you more successful people could do is show a little empathy for the suffering of others rather than dismissing them as 'selfish' or 'wimps', and be grateful that you have never felt so low.

Thank you. I was reading this and felt seriously sick to my stomach at some of the ignorance posted here. Until you are faced with a loved one who has done this, you are FUKING CLUELESS. And those of you who feel it's selfish, you're right, selfish of you to be so self-absorbed and feel it's in some way "weakness." Not many suicides succeed that are announced. Suicides that succeed are NOT generally attention seeking (or they would be attempts, not successes.) PFT.
 curlygrl
Msg: 319
Posted: 9/26/2009 5:42:09 PM

Until you are faced with a loved one who has done this, you are FUKING CLUELESS.

Thank you.

NO one knows the pain. I had a cousin who called me and left a message
on our answering machine before it happened. I will never forget it.

He told me he loved me - Vivie va voom I love you - he always called me that.

I remember the night it happened. I remember how they kept him alive so
he could donate his organs. I remember the towel rapped around his head
and I remember how they told us not to touch it.

I remember how he looked in his cowboy hat. I remember how his birth mother
found him just a month before - and now was standing next to me at his casket.

I remember how I told her - " He was ours. He belonged to us. He will always
belong to us" .

I remember the pain in her eyes for not ever knowing her son and what a
great person with the biggest most kindest heart.

I remember how that heart was broken.

I remember why he did it.

I still dont understand but I know his pain was just too great that even all of
our love could not save him.

Never judge - you dont know the pain these people are living.
 nonsensical
Msg: 320
Posted: 9/26/2009 7:24:58 PM
I can not imagine the level of pain a person that commits suicide must be in. My heart breaks to think that anyone feels that hopeless and lonely. The only thing I can do is to hope that those poor tortured souls have found peace. Now the really hard part is trying to find the right words and actions to comfort those left behind. I can not even imagine the pain that they must be feeling in the depths of their soul.
To all of you that are going through this or have, I wish you peace and I hope you all have someone to comfort you and know you are loved.
 idahosun
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2009 11:04:17 AM
Suicide is not selfish, it is the release from unbeable pain that the person cannot believe will ever end. It is an answer to what seems an endless existence that simply cannot be tolerated by some of the sweetest souls, those with the most giving hearts and those who are most sensitive. Do not pass judgment unless you personally have experienced that pain and simply cannot believe it will ever end. There can be many factors that play into the decision that not another soul knows about.
I speak from experience of nearly losing the most important person in my life and of losing two I dearly loved. Be a bit more giving and loving and forgiving of those among us who are sensitive souls...
 curiousaboutu77
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2009 2:21:21 AM
Suicide is an awful state to die in. You have no sense of hope for the future because you can't see how you are going to get out of the situation your in and all you can see for your future is more pain and you can't cope with it. To die in that pain on your own is truly something i wouldn't wish on anyone. I know that i can get into very negative moods and suffer from high anxiety sometimes where i can't see how im going to go forward or cope but i haven't entertained suicide but have wished i was dead because the pain was so great.
 just4- 4ums
Msg: 323
Posted: 10/2/2009 2:51:28 PM
It's a permanent answer to a temperary problem
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2009 6:59:46 PM
I think its putting the cart in front of the horse. Putting the others life as being more important than your own. I think giving up can be a emotional consequence of just that. Look at a person complementing your life not taking away from it. That way if that person ever vanishes, eventually someone else can compliment it again in time. Suicide is a way to end ones life due to usually unhappiness or cronic health issues. Therefore to experience life you have to find what makes you enjoy it besides just a person. That way other things can keep you going.
 tbuddha
Msg: 325
Posted: 10/2/2009 11:57:40 PM

I think it's tragic, for everyone involved, that the person who committed suicide doesn't realise how many other people love him/her. Parents, friends, etc. who are going to be devastated by the loss of this person.

Common misconception. I think that people off themselves because they DON'T have anyone that loves them, and that's why they're hurting. When I wanted to kill myself, one of the things that appealed to me was all the money it was going to cost my family to deal with me, and how difficult it would be for those **stards.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 326
Posted: 10/20/2009 12:15:43 AM
farceur[/] Msg 1409

I hear you loud and clear.
But you are of the lucky ones, who got to live what most people didn't, and many will never do.

m kaemicha
Msg: 327
Posted: 10/22/2009 11:25:11 PM
Never. It hurts so bad - broken hearts but my motto is 'as long as it's tolerable'. Wait it through. When I was in my 20's someone told me never to kill myself over money or love. Simple but true. Hang in there all those who are suffering.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 12:02:24 PM
It's a pity that their heart was fragile enough to be consumed by the feelings they have for another person, and theiremotional state was fragile enough to be beyond healing

~sc~
 want to travel
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 4:22:38 PM
there are a lot of men that kill themselves over lost love, i have yet to hear of a woman that has
 joemac356
Msg: 330
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2009 10:00:56 AM
Suicide is the result when the level/duration of pain is able to overwhelm the ability to cope.
We all have a breaking point, every one of us. I don't give a rodent's rectum how tough a person thinks they are, they too, have a point at which they will give up the fight.

I haven't read every post, but I did read most of them. If I'm repeating something, it probably needs repeating.
I've been too close to my own limit several times, even recently. When the drugs and family and friends and therapist and books/internet have all had their influences, it still comes down to how much pain and how long the suffering has been accumulating. It's so easy to sit back and cough up the bravado-laced opinions, but unless you've been there...

I lost my 33 year-old son to suicide less than two years ago, soon after I moved in with him in another state. I won't even attempt to convey what it did to me, and how many others were effected/affected by it. I don't know that I've really dealt with it in my own mind, yet. Maybe I never will.
 rainman12
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2009 11:38:16 PM
I think suicide is a slap in God's face.

Says the person who lists herself as not religious....does that mean you condone or condemn it?

I think the important thing for anyone reading this thread looking for advice to know is that this is absolutely the wrong place to look for advice. Please seek professional help.

Personally, I think more people have contemplated suicide than anyone really realizes. Everyone that has fought the urge, has found the strength for any of a number of reasons, that in itself will hopefully give anyone considering suicide the courage to fight for themselves. There are more reasons to live, than there are to end it all. Trust me.

Again.....please seek professional help if you're reading this looking for advice/guidance on the subject.
 eyes_of_a_cat
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2009 9:02:55 AM
suicide is not worth it coz there is someone out there waiting for u and she will one day come into ur life and love u the right way.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??