Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 328
view profile
History
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??Page 14 of 63    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
It's a pity that their heart was fragile enough to be consumed by the feelings they have for another person, and theiremotional state was fragile enough to be beyond healing

~sc~
 want to travel
Msg: 329
view profile
History
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 10/30/2009 4:22:38 PM
there are a lot of men that kill themselves over lost love, i have yet to hear of a woman that has
 joemac356
Msg: 330
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2009 10:00:56 AM
Suicide is the result when the level/duration of pain is able to overwhelm the ability to cope.
We all have a breaking point, every one of us. I don't give a rodent's rectum how tough a person thinks they are, they too, have a point at which they will give up the fight.

I haven't read every post, but I did read most of them. If I'm repeating something, it probably needs repeating.
I've been too close to my own limit several times, even recently. When the drugs and family and friends and therapist and books/internet have all had their influences, it still comes down to how much pain and how long the suffering has been accumulating. It's so easy to sit back and cough up the bravado-laced opinions, but unless you've been there...

I lost my 33 year-old son to suicide less than two years ago, soon after I moved in with him in another state. I won't even attempt to convey what it did to me, and how many others were effected/affected by it. I don't know that I've really dealt with it in my own mind, yet. Maybe I never will.
 rainman12
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2009 11:38:16 PM
I think suicide is a slap in God's face.

Says the person who lists herself as not religious....does that mean you condone or condemn it?

I think the important thing for anyone reading this thread looking for advice to know is that this is absolutely the wrong place to look for advice. Please seek professional help.

Personally, I think more people have contemplated suicide than anyone really realizes. Everyone that has fought the urge, has found the strength for any of a number of reasons, that in itself will hopefully give anyone considering suicide the courage to fight for themselves. There are more reasons to live, than there are to end it all. Trust me.

Again.....please seek professional help if you're reading this looking for advice/guidance on the subject.
 eyes_of_a_cat
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2009 9:02:55 AM
suicide is not worth it coz there is someone out there waiting for u and she will one day come into ur life and love u the right way.
 RK831
Msg: 333
Posted: 11/18/2009 5:47:14 PM
It is a very beautiful thing when people kill themselves in the name of love. Romeo and Juliet did it, so why shouldn't other fools?
 sassy_1974
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2010 12:59:07 PM
It happened to me.
I ended the relationship, he was dead just over a week later-had hung himself. I cannot begin to explain the huge guilt i felt..(and maybe still feel a little bit) all these years later. It wasnt just down to the relationship ending..there were a few key factors that led him to believe it would be better all round of he wasnt here anymore..me ending it just seemed to be the icing on the cake.
Do i think its selfish? no..he needed help and i didnt see that, he was depressed.

Nearly every other day i still ponder the what ifs. I think of his family..father and friend that found him, his mother, friends, son.
He took his life and i truly believe he felt he was doing everyone a favour..maybe he was also tired of struggling.
In doing so he left a trail of broken hearts.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 335
Posted: 2/17/2010 10:08:00 PM
why commit suicide when you can just be dead to her? you never have to see her again, hell change your name, sell your shiate and go travel, learn a language, and leave your pitiful life behind. In your travels you can be who ever you want to be.
 kailania
Msg: 336
Posted: 2/18/2010 2:46:31 AM
i have only read a few of these letters. i will read more tomorow.
from what i have read i would like to say that i am sorry for those here who have lost someone to suicide.
the ones left behind are left devestated. and so are the ones who killed themselves. devestasted to get to that point.
it is a terrible trajedy.

i do believe in the type of assisted , or self done, suicide when one is very ill and in severe pain and is diagnosed to be so for the rest of their lives. to me that is a different form of suicide. i am not saying if it is right or wrong. just different and i can sympathize with that situation. i hope no one here has to face it.
sometimes no medicine works. and God heals who He will. we do not know why or who.

when i was younger i would feel suicidal over a lost love...but never attempt it, or really want to do it. but i have teenage and 20 yrs old daughters who are in love. and it scares me to think how they would feel if their love ended. i believe i would need to be around one daughter in particular all the time. or have her with her friends.
i do think her boyfriend will stay with her. for years.
but it makes me wonder and i am aware of the signs. i took a class on this to help teach parents what to look for.

young lovers see things very differently than a mature person does.

we must look for signs and reach out. and Never blame the one who they say brought the pain. that one never (i hope) wanted or expected the one they broke up with to kill themselves.
peace to all
love will find a way.
it will
K
 originalNw
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2010 10:20:39 PM
Lost of what's left of your mind??? It's a coward way of coping with something that couldn't happen. Where was their friends? How it that peole still live on after their (wife) heart is no longer around? Some (men/women can be heartless in that they found a new love and still go home to tell someone that they are over with them.Others fail to even go home . And then one home takes it to one step beyond logic. Suicide is against the law. And most religions ! It holds painful memories to others that knew them ,that the person ,didn't contact them to even say " hi". It destroys friends,family,even people at work, they all wonder if "they should have just said something "? My simple thoughts are " Don't " ! It's FAR BETTER THING I DO... by picking up one's self and trying again to find another! I've lost two wives ,survived two gang wars, and racial wars in the late 60's/70's . I feel that if you were going to think of that, I would call people to help you. Everyone deals well loss from family and friends...and there are many out there who never really adjust completely. But they do adjust somewhat! I've seen this before and have taken their choise of arms away. I'm not shink/doc...just a concern person that just knows there is aways a better way.

originalnw@cet.com
 valenciacityx
Msg: 338
Posted: 2/19/2010 11:48:16 PM
look it sucks, it really does. but they have gotten on with their lives and left you. so move as well. why would you want someone back that doesnt want you? It aint worth it. you may feel like the world is ending.... but I bet you have been over the world. your task, go travel, ask 1000 women out for the day. when you are done, you can come back and say poor me.

(I have the feeling that by the time you visit all those country, meet 1000 women and spend time with people in fun and interesting ways, the you will forget whats their name, and have way better stories to tell to your friends) GO

And if you have been following my posts, travel, learn a language and get off your butt is usually the crux of all of them.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 339
Posted: 2/20/2010 5:28:13 AM
people who kill themselves over a broken heart have no meaning in life. they do not know who they are or what they can achieve.
 eroch
Msg: 340
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2010 7:10:36 PM
I have no respect for anyone that intentionally commits suicide. Everyone has problems and goes through bad times. The thing is, there is always someone who has gone through the exact same thing as you.

I understand how bad a heart can be broken. I think many of us have been through it.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and "there is no new thing under the sun".

I believe this to be true. If you actually seek help, you WILL find it.

Suicide is the ultimate form of laziness and selfishness. I've been having a tough time with everything lately myself, feeling stuck where I am currently, but I am more satisfied in trying to take control of my life, making the most of what i've got, rather than just give up. I still have dreams, and will have them till the day I'm meant to die.

I will not miss anyone who intentionally kills themselves. Just shows a complete lack of respect for anything and anyone to me. If it's that bad, force yourself to take a vacation or something. Find something you feel worth holding on to. Dream of something, believe in something. Grow older, grow wiser. Live the life given to you.
 eroch
Msg: 341
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2010 7:21:28 PM

Well first of its a sin to commit suicide so you will be damned to hell.

Not everyone believes in fairy tales.

A belief is a belief none the less. It doesn't matter if it's our standard of proven fact, that's why it's called a belief. I find these kinds of comments pretty disrespectful to the quote and the OP.

The OP wants

everyones views on suicide over a broken heart. Your thoughts matter. Give your own advice about this subject....

Not bashing on others' belief.
 want to travel
Msg: 342
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2010 6:33:06 AM
i do not think suicide is a good idea, but over a broken heart seems to be a popular cause for it
 kailania
Msg: 343
Posted: 2/26/2010 6:57:45 PM
never commit suicide.
your heart will heal one day.
its a sad and terrible tragedy if this happens.
there have been several teenagers locally who did this.
i know how much they hurt and they just cant see past the pain.

my good freind thinks of suicide constantly because her husband died.
she does not want to live.
but she does for her kids sake.
i am glad she has a reason that holds her back from doing it.
 ricky103159
Msg: 344
Posted: 11/30/2010 7:55:57 PM
i for one was concerning suicide over a break up over a year ago and at times i still think about it because the pain never goes away
 albinosquirlz
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2010 7:21:16 PM

I have no sympathy for anyone who commits suicide.

Of course you don't...feeling sympathy for someone who doesn't exist is rather pointless...isn't it?

People who are suicidal are actually seeking relief from their pain. They mistakingly believe that death brings them relief from their pain. But relief is something only the living (and conscious) can experience. So killing yourself is the LAST thing you would want to do.

But suicidal people are not rational, so therein lies the problem.
 carolann0308
Msg: 346
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2010 6:58:30 AM
Incredibly sad, that they lost hope and do not realise that you can find love and acceptance everywhere, one soulmate does not exist, many do and one woman/man is never worth losing your life over.
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 347
Posted: 12/14/2010 11:32:24 PM
from some of the responses i've seen on here it's plainly obvious that many folks are imagining what it's like to have suicidal tendencies and those people who ACTUALLY DO HAVE THEM.

for those who have to imagine depression think of this:
PHYSICAL PAIN EVERYDAY
MENTAL ANGUISH EVERYDAY
EMOTIONAL DEPRESSION EVERYDAY

UNRELENTING AND ALWAYS THERE

imagine being in a concentration camp where there was no hope of escape and every hour of the day (including your dreams and sleep) you were TORTURED, WATERBOARDED, PLIERS SQUEEZING YOUR BODY PARTS, PEOPLE SCREAMING AT YOU, LOUD MUSIC ALL DAY EVERYDAY AND ANY OTHER FORM OF TORTURE. wouldn't you ask for the release of death?

some people have lived like this for 10 years or more. do you know how much that weighs on a human being day in and day out? really, life is no longer worth living.

someone on here said "Suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem."
FOR SOME IT'S THE ONLY SOLUTION.

you will never know what it's like til you experience it yourself. chemicals from the brain wash down over your head and body and you cannot resist them. even meds don't help. and you get the symptoms described above. every hour, every day.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 348
Posted: 12/15/2010 10:35:38 AM
^^^^That's not always true. Some broken hearts NEVER heal. And when someone I loved very much started speaking in terms of his heart never healing, I knew there was nothing that I or anyone else could say to help mend what was broken. Whether it's self-defeating to think/feel that way? Maybe. But I think that person had insight into his own self that clearly no one else did, nor would most have understood if they had known. And I'm certain that added to the agony of the heart-break (well, shattered heart in this case, not simply broken.) Only the person with the broken heart can know what they are enduring and I will never be so smug to say, "I understand, but....." because what I can tolerate vs. what someone else can tolerate are very likely two vastly different concepts. Two important lessons I've learned: you can't love someone better (no matter what's wrong, emotionally/physically) and if you value the person, you love them as they are, for as long as they are here. JMO
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 349
Posted: 12/16/2010 7:20:47 AM
completely agree greeneyez^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

maybe he-man above you is a stronger person than most or he has never truly deeply passionately and fully with all his being been in the love of a lifetime.

i have.

David Coverdale and Whitesnake: "the deeper the love, the stronger the emotion."
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 350
Posted: 12/19/2010 7:51:03 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^i'm sorry i didn't get that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

can you expound on your reasoning and give us a little deeper explanation of what you mean?
 DoubleParked
Msg: 351
Posted: 12/23/2010 9:39:23 AM
Totally get what you mean, HEMAN...msg 1505 Very well put and thought out.
 ricky103159
Msg: 352
Posted: 1/22/2011 1:33:42 AM
no one knows how i feel when the girl i was seeing dumped me it hurt me deepley and i'll never get over it about a week later i found her profile on another dateing website after the fact she dented she was not seeing somebody else and it shows her last login date over a week before she dumped me why does GOD alow others to hurt others ?
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??