Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??Page 2 of 63    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Too all the people that think its a joke or its some how cool shove it.

Suicide isnt the answer...life can get really shi++Y at times and things can not only seem hopeless but be hopeless. as for doing it to hurt the ones you leave behind? who knows it they will even hurt. The people that love you..friends and family will hurt but the ones that seem to push you ove rthe edge wont so dont waste your life on them.

My motto is "dont let the ba$tards win" hurt them by surviving.

As for killing yourself becuse you love left you? you wont get them back either way. Accept that you had a love and now its gone. All that is left is the pain and emptyness inside your gut. It will pass. You will get over it even if you think you wont or think you dont want to.
You will find a new love. yeah it takes time. take some time to greive for the loss of the relationship and when you are ready open yourself up to finding someone new. Remember there are plenty of fish in the sea!
 steelwaters
Msg: 27
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 12/18/2005 11:16:42 PM

..don't do it you'll regrete it someday.

Oh really? :)

...and what about the story of a old man whose parting words were, "I should have done this fifty years ago."

Many languages have multiple words for love, all meaning different things. The reason there are different words is because there is an important difference between different types of love. The love of family is different than the love of friends. The love of a lover is VERY different than the other types. It's a crucial difference. For the religious people out there, you may find it interesting that the second thing God did after breathing life into Adam was to create Eve, because he "saw that it was not good for man to be alone." He didn't waste much time in recognizing the importance of a lover. ...and if you believe that the Bible is rubbish, at least realize that the authors thought this was a pretty important point to make.

You hear stories of people who figuratively "died of loneliness," and stories about animals that literally died of loneliness. To somebody who has lost someone important to them, if they don't have hope of finding a "replacement," that would be pretty depressing. What's worse is that any new person will be perceived as a replacement - an imperfect substitute for the real thing. Suicide among the elderly is surprisingly common, and they don't bother doing the whole "cry for help" thing. Another major group that keeps the suicide numbers up are people with acquired disabilities, especially disfiguring ones. Plenty of fish in their sea? There's a perspective for you.

But over a broken heart? No.

The people that love you..friends and family will hurt but the ones that seem to push you ove rthe edge wont so dont waste your life on them.

Very good point. ...of course, it doesn't help if you feel you've ALREADY wasted your life on them, but it's unlikely that you'll be able to hurt them for it.

How do you value yourself? I don't value myself at all. It is the things in my life that I value; the things I partake in, my worldly possessions, and to a much greater extent, other people and my relationships with them. It feels good knowing they value me in the same way, but if you take that away, what do I have? Even life after death does not preclude the existential and nihilist nature of immediate life on Earth. Saving endangered species, or any other 'surrogate activity' isn't going to add meaning to my life.

Obviously though, it's completely pointless to be a martyr to make yourself happy. Spite towards another person is something else altogether. It's the ultimate insult towards the world. "You're not worth my time." Ouch. But who's listening? Again, if you're not around to appreciate the aftermath, what's the point? I think young people are strongly predisposed to end their lives foolishly based on spite or hoping to change or hurt someone. I suspect the wisdom of age makes older people much more rational about their decision, even if they are rash. This explains why their numbers are substantially lower than other demographics. You may still feel they are wrong, but they concoct much better reasons for believing they are right than younger people do.

And if life after death is your cup of tea, you might seriously want to consider letting God take you when he's good and ready. Most religions aren't very accommodating to people who operate on their own timelines.
 a nice guy fishing
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2005 7:48:37 AM
well i have been going thru a broken heart for 4 years and christmas time seems to be the hardest for me i have thaught about it but im a fighter and i know i will get thew it some how and i will meet someone to share my life with. i had my soulmate once and i will find her again i hope anyway.
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/19/2005 10:34:54 PM
I think suicide is a lousy solution for any problem, but for a broken heart, that's just really stupid. We all love and lose in life, sometimes greatly. But how can you learn to appreciate something any better then knowing how it feels to lose it. There are way to many flowers to see bloom, and birds that have yet sung, sunrises and sunsets to be in awe of to just throw it all away for a broken heart. Someone will mend it, maybe you'll do it yourself, maybe it will be broken even worse, but knowing that you were loved goes a long way to making it all ok.
 Robglide
Msg: 31
view profile
History
What do you think of a person committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 12/19/2005 10:45:28 PM
At one time I most certainly thought I had reason, lost my wife of three months in a bad car accident.

Fact is, it takes courage to live and bull your way through it.

Those that got the guts to fight live, those that don't........

Snuffing it is the easy way out, tough as it may be to actually do.

There is a better way, and a person needs to find it within themselves.
 steelwaters
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/19/2005 10:58:26 PM
Just trying to go for record length in one post.

"Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."

It's so much easier to believe that when you have love, but it's almost impossible to feel that way when nobody loves you. I hear many of the opponents of suicide talk about their families, their children, and their friends. Lucky them. Some people don't have all that, but sometimes it doesn't matter even if you do, because the love of family and friends is no substitute for romantic love, and there IS a difference.

I'm going to say something that many of you will be inclined reject out of hand, but hear me out: It's truly hard to explain the motivations for suicide to someone who hasn't really been there. Sure, you THINK you've been there, but it couldn't have been that bad; you're still alive. Can you remember as a child throwing a tantrum about something you thought was unfair? And looking back on that do you recognize now how trivial it was? But you must remember at the time it seemed like a big deal - and to you, it was! At some point we've all been that child. We all understand. Unlike suicidal depression, we really can sympathize because we've all been there before. But there are some places you haven't been. If the world was deaf, and you could hear, how would you describe music to the world? How would a war veteran describe the horrors of war to a civilian? We're familiar with how somebody who has seen terrible things in war can suffer permanent psychological damage, and yet nobody doubts their suffering or dismisses what they've been through. These people often commit suicide as a direct result of what they've been through. I saw a dog get hit by a car, and I've seen people die on TV, but I don't pretend to understand what a war veteran is going through. Why do we do this with depression? It would be unfair of me to downplay the pain of a difficult breakup for the people partaking in this thread, because I know it hurts, but it's prejudiced to suggest that nobody has it worse than you. If you think they don't, you need to get off your high horse. It's insulting and condescending to people who have good reasons for the pain they're in.

A parent losing a child is an excellent example of something that can completely destroy your desire for life. For many people, their children is their life's work - it's their entire purpose for being. If you want to look at it from an evolutionary standpoint, if you fail in the biological endeavor to reproduce, you no longer serve any purpose. In the same respect, if you fail to find a mate with which to reproduce, you don't serve any purpose. Biologically, you're a failure. The very same genetic instincts that give us a sex drive also give us that intuitive awareness that failure to reproduce is a fault.

I sometimes wonder about people with a severely diminish mental capacity - the people who usually live in some sort of assisted care facility. To be blunt, I mean retards. I feel bad because they really don't stand any chance of living the type of life that most people would require to be happy. ...and yet, they usually go on without complaint. In most cases, their misfortune is also their blessing. They're literally unaware of what they're missing. But sadly, not all are that way. I've seen some who are fully capable of love and really feel the need to be loved. The problem is that their options are limited, and they become deeply depressed as a result. It does happen and it's horrible to witness because there's simply no hope. What do you tell them? "Cheer up! You'll find someone?" "Hang in there, things will get better?" Not likely. And I know what I'm saying isn't pleasant to think about, but realize that this kind of situation is common OUTSIDE of the stereotype example I just laid out.

...and you can feel bad for people with depression, and you can say nice things, but in the end what are you going to do about the depression itself? Give them drugs, fix the problem, or shout advice from the sidelines? Sometimes you can do anything but accept it and understand.

Here's a real-life situation: I have a friend who can't get a date to save his life. He's an incredibly nice guy, but relatively average looking. He tries hard to meet people and he's certainly very nice to them. He's not even very picky, at least when it comes to looks, but he is religious so there are some standards. He's lonely and he's been absolutely unsuccessful in every venture to find someone. Now, if I were in his shoes, I'd be playing chicken with a freight train. (Fortunately, the disaster that is my life isn't nearly so bad as his.) I feel bad for him. Frankly, I don't know why he sticks around. I'd like to help him, but what can I do? His other friends and myself have all done our best to give him guidance. I can't make him any more attractive. His personality seems relatively faultless, and I can't polish it up any better. I can't help him. Nobody can. He can't help himself. All he can do is keep trying and hope for the best. The problem is that he's growing old, and in all the years he's been at this, he's still not getting anywhere. Nobody knows what to do. What amazes me is that he's not terribly depressed about it. (Or if he is, he's hiding it really well.) But if he was depressed, what could I do? What hope could I give him? I don't think there is any hope. I could lie, but thankfully it's an issue I don't have to consider. If he was depressed, I wouldn't stop him from any decision he might make. I wouldn’t wish that kind of suffering on anyone. I’d understand. I'd be happy for him. He's smart enough that he could take care of all this on his own, so I don't really have to worry about my responsibility in the matter, but I would completely understand. Moreover, in the end, I think he'd appreciate that. The point is that such a person would have good reason to feel justified in their decision, and would appreciate our understanding, and would prefer we be happy for them, and not blame them or be angry, or criticize.

I'm grateful that I don't have it so bad. My life is better than his life in virtually every way, yet, unlike me, he's profoundly happy. His great misfortune barely affects him at all. I can't fathom how that could be, nevertheless it's so. Everybody else who is browsing this thread must have some reason for being here. How many of you have it as bad as he does? How many of you have it as bad as any of these examples? How many of you are ridiculously happy despite your misfortune? Some people are immune, and some are vulnerable. When you're vulnerable, AND your life sucks, that's a recipe for suicide.

Some people stick around for those who remain in their life. If you quit living, you'll be letting people down. For somebody who's depressed, it feels like a burden pretending to be happy for those around you. Friends and family depend on you to keep smiling for them. So we keep people alive by laying a guilt-trip on them? Yeah, THAT's considerate. Talk about selfish.

I was just now thinking how strange it is that everything surrounding suicide becomes a blame game. Who's fault is it? Why, why, why? ...and I have to wonder why these questions and this blame doesn't come up BEFORE such an event takes place, and then when it does happen, why are we so strongly compelled to find somebody responsible, and why are we so reluctant to share the blame? It's easiest to blame the one person who isn't around to speak in their defense. A suicide note is an inadequate advocate, which I think is part of why they're so infrequently written.

It's fortunate that most people don't have it so bad as many of the examples I'm giving. For most people, there is hope. If you've dated dozens of people, and suffer one very bad breakup, at least you have those previous successes to bolster your hope. If you've had difficulty dating anyone, and your one big shot at success goes up in flames, you're going to feel devastated, and justly so.
 djcjjk
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:02:49 AM
As I read the replies I see a lot of idiots who are so self absorbed that they think suiside is the "easy way out", that it is "selfish". I also see people who are on the right track, It is the straw that broke the camel's back, the final event of a series. For some it is a process of batteling depression which requires drug and physco therapy, A lifetime of it because chemical imbalances usually don't go away. Carefully check your family history to see if there is a history of mental illness, there may be hereditary factors to overcome. Some made the comment that "suisides" just wanted the pain to stop, a very good thought! I suppose some are just being selfish but there are those who don't care about hurting others around them, they just want the built up pain of their lives to stop. It is amazing to me that the analogy to combat etc was made, to overcome the fear of death, a good point, who knows why a person jumps up and charges the enemy facing certain death, maybe it is an unselfish act of giving their life to save others the pain of loss of life. I never considered in 22 years of military that I was being selfish by putting my life on the line every day of my life. Each person is motivated by their own core values and life experience. Only we can determine for ourselves the importance of an experience, only the individual can determine for themself the extent of the emotion they want to attach to an experience. It is impossible for one person to tell another how to feel about an event because the only person who knows how it feels is the person who the event is happening to. 02-02-02 was a horrible day for me, I wanted the pain to stop, a series of events in my life that culminated in the fear of death being of no consequence. I didn't want to hurt others, I wanted to stop hurting others and for my pain to stop. At that "moment" I felt such relief that I didn't have to live the way I was living anymore. I was pissed that my plan was interrupted by a power greater than us all. Some mention the idea that we all have a purpose here in this life, that we may be destined to influence someone's life. I expect so, some by that "sucessful act" and some by a failed attempt. No matter your choice, you will affect other people's lives. For me, the focus of my life is totally different nearly 4 years later, that has taken a great deal of effort on my part to learn a new way of thinking, and not only a realization that I most likely will be on drugs the rest of my life but an acceptance of it. I still have bad days, but most are very good now because I make consious choices to work at having a happy productive life. I have set new boundries for the limits of my emotional attachments. I don't allow my self worth to be governed by my impressions of how I think others feel about me. I have become somewhat selfish now because I do for myself what makes me feel valuable, who cares what others think! I am the one who determines my own value, if you don't feel good about yourself maybe try to change your life so what you are doing makes you feel good about yourself. I positively know this, there are two ways to make the pain stop, suiside ends it immediately, the other if you are willing to deal with the pain for a while longer takes work on your part. My belief in myself is different today than ever before in that if my performance was bad the "team" failed. Now I focus on "me" and let my performance affect the "team" however it will. A pretty fine line, and maybe a difficult concept to understand because I am not very good at expressing what I am trying to say. I have developed another belief as a result of my life experience: Everything we can posess materialistically in this world and even our life can be snached away in an instant. There are many people in this world who enjoy the taking from others what they have worked so hard for, those who are "takers". And there are the "givers", those who usually are the ones feeling the pain of being taken from. It doesn't matter in the end what we "gave" in our life because the only things we can take to our graves are those "core" values, honesty, integrity, our belief in ourselves. Maybe reach inside yourself and pull some of those things out to use as armor against those who would "take" from you. Those things that come from inside that only you can make the choice to hold on to or give up. In the end this is only "my life" and what works for me doesn't work for others, they are just ideas to help get some positive thought going on your part. I wish you well, djcjjk.
 CrackedHalo
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:49:31 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Depression is a very tricky illness to deal with. My X and X best friend and neighbour had an affair. I packed up sold the house and moved away, her husband killed himself over the whole affair. That just left the door open for them to be together living in "their" house happily ever after.......ughhhhh we have to hope that what goes round comes around....someday they will get theirs! I hope you are dealing ok with you loss, just know that some people do care and will listen. Take care.
 samyred
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/22/2005 1:42:23 PM
I had a friend who was so in love with his girl.... they had a 1 year relation, then she suddenly changed without reason...

She wanted to get ride of him(another man was there I guess).

My friend's situation was horrible, he one day stood on the top of a building and wanted to jump!

But then he came back to reason, it was cold winter... he went back to his apartment and took a shower in freezing water...

He decided to start a new begining! got back to his studies and passed his 3ed year medicine school successfully after he was close to failure.

Amazing strength... I admired him!

After a year of that, the girl came back to him and said she wanted back...

He said " I have no problem... we can get back.. but first you will have to kiss my feet and say you are sorry!"

She said she is sorry and she kissed his feet!

He had good memories he couldn't get ride of, he believes in second chances...

They got back together for a while till circumstances made them live in different places...

I asked him "was love worth all the sufferings you went through?"

He said "yes..."

SamyRed
 Mary Jane II
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:22:07 PM
I feel the same way but even though I don't believe it I know that this too shall pass.
Suicide isn't for the weak little puppy that does it, it's more for the people left behind.
How could you do that to the people who love you? After my cuz commited suicide I had so many feelings drowning me but only one still remains: THAT F*CKING B*TCH- HOW DARE SHE TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT AND LEAVE US HERE FEELING AS THOUGH WE FAILED HER.
U might be thinking it's the all-time great way to hurt the person who hurt you but it's just gonna give them another chance to steal your thunder. Do you really want them to gain sympathy for this, maybe even use it as an excuse for dropping the next 65 chicks he uses the same way he used you. Yeah, he probably used you~ here's a reality check:
Men are responsible for the majority of murder, rape, abuse, child molestation, etc.
Most people in the world suck, Most men are scum. We keep ignoring all the good guys for whatever reason but it's the good guys that are suffering with us so why not get to know some guys that you normally wouldn't. Who cares if you're physically attractive~you won't always be, neither will he. Beauty is in everyone if you look. Have you ever smiled(really, sincerely, big and true) at an unattractive or nerdy guy? Do it and I promise the response you get will be gratifying. Some of them will freak out and run away; try it again if this happens. I've gone out with geeks and by the time I broke it off they were so confident in themselves that they did become more attractive~does that make sense?
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/24/2005 10:02:40 AM
I agree with you MISS MARY JANE 100%...I wish more women thought like that...But in all reality most people(LIKE 90%)Look for looks or money(What is it for me attitude)...Back in my 20s i was hurt very bad..I really wanted to end it all...But that person is not worth it...And to this day it has took a toll on me. i pretty much gave up on women....I choose to be alone than be hurt...Too many liers in the world...It is all for the best!!!!!!!As far as these people that kill theirselves over someoneelse...I would venture to say the majority(LIKE 90%)Of the other half could careless...You might could say i have witnessed this alot...
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/26/2005 11:22:08 AM
I agree with you MR.drummerboy about women...It seems it take alot less emotional toll on them....And for the poster after you..That siad that it is better to love than not to love...That depends...If it takes a emotional toll on you that when that certain someone crushes your heart...And as a result the rest of your life you become a emotional baskat case..And this is where sucide comes into play...NO I DO NOT CALL THAT DEPRESSION!!!I call it being screwed over too many times..But society tell these types of people it is their fault...Which it is not..People do not understand that some people(Especially women)Can get over hurt...Which some people can not...Obvously..Then you would not have sucides....So the bottom line i blame society when i here somebody killing theirselves...BEcause i refuse to believe that they come out of their mothers womb sucidal
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/26/2005 3:18:11 PM
I cannot believe people that say sucide is result of depression or chemical imballance...So far from the truth...That is your opinon...Sucide is the result of this screw up world(Society)...Not mental problems....After you have been screw over all your life by screw up people..Maybe it just took them off the edge...And for the people that think the next person can handle pain like you ..Then i suggest you need to rethink that....If that was the truth..Then why people kill theirselves for..Some people cannot handle it.....And if you put them in a nut house for 14 days is not the answer,Or taking a bunch a pills is not the answer either...Like i siad before it is not a imballance...IT is society...And that is the whole problem...People do not care for the next persons feelings...Especially women..They could careless...Personally when i was 26 i attempted it that screw with my emotions(She got a kick out of it)And until this day i have a very very hard time with my health as a result of it.And everyday i have to pay price for somebodyelses actions.....And it is so true that every person you come in contact with in your life time will effect them the rest of their lives...Wheither it be good or bad....I can honestly say the women i did associate myself with in my 20s i treated very very good...More than beyond than what i suppose to do...In return just to get screw over...When i turned 30 that all changed...I think i rather be alone the rest of my life than to risk that ever again.It would never be worth that much pain...It has been 13 years..And it feels like it just happened yesterday...So for the people that say it will past....Well maybe for some.....The only things that keep me going in life is my job and my house/cars..If i ever had to depend on a women for a breath of air i would be dead man right now...That is something i will never do again!!
 truelove68
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2005 5:30:04 PM
To Daisie:

You seem to be a very cold person with no compassion at all. I would like to tell you that people do die of broken hearts without committins suicide. Heart attacks are linked to some people that was going through a deep depression over a broken heart. And my thoughts are for you to dismiss it so lightly is because you don't know what love really is or you would understand. Some people love so very deep that they honestly don't feel they can make it without that person in there life, nor do they want to. They have set there life to spend it with one person and that is all. Can you fall to much in love with a person ????? Daisie you need to find your heart and show alittle more compassion.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/26/2005 9:08:38 PM
And again it is not depression!!!!It has alot to do with people getting screw over one too many times...They cannot deal with it like you obvously,Or they would not have commited suicide..
 truelove68
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2005 7:05:33 AM
Ellemoonchild (Thank You)...

My grandpa died this way. He and my Grandmother was married for around 60yrs and she died of heart failure one day very unexpected. My grandpa didn't know what to do with his life anymore because his whole life was based around her. He would stay up at night and watch tv until it signed off the air, And he never watched tv before. He wouldn't talk much and never smiled again. He didn't take his own life but, He died exactly 30 days from the day that she died. We talked to the doctor about it and he was on depression medication but nothing helped. The Doctor said that he literally grieved hisself to death, For he lost the very will to live. His love for her was so strong that he just wanted to die to be with her in the after life..
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/27/2005 9:06:40 AM
To wendylady...Sounds like you could give 2 cants to anybody(All about me attitude)Sounds like to me you push him over the edge...Look who is selfish...Practice what you preach!!!
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/27/2005 8:25:46 PM
I agree with you MR.Drummerboy73....If they ever did stats over someone killing theirself over a mate...I think it would be 100 men to 1 women....I think their are also alot of women that get a kick out of it....Which this forum proves it...Like you siad Mr.Drummer..Look at the compassion with men compared to the women on here...I have notices it too...Also what goes hand and hand and that is when a women cheats on a man(There is always a excuse or the mans fault)But never her fault...Like 99% of what i have seen in my life time..And her friends stick up for her...So that also tells me how sneeky a woman can be.....And one more comment...How about all these friggin women playing the friend game..SEE WHERE IT WILL GO!!!(I will be your friend until MR.JERK comes along)Then drop you like a hot potatoe out of the oven(Like you never existed,Like you do not have feelings)Yes i can see why some men can go over the edge after dealing with this about 12 times in ones life.......And after my last heart break 13 years ago...I pretty much given up..I can not deal with it emotionally...No i have not given up on life..My job,cars,house is the only thing that keeps me going...But women i gave that up years ago.....I am better off being alone than risk the point of losing it all...And the way i feel the chances are 90% against me..iF IT WAS GOING TO HAPPENED IT WOULD HAVE YEARS AGO...I mean the way i treated women in the past(Over and beyond than what i suppose to do)But it was never good enough...They could careless......So the bottom line i do understand somebody commiting suicide...I am just not going to risk myself in that position again...And for the people that say..IT IS BETTER TO LOVE THAN NOT TO LOVE AT ALL...I tottally disagree...If you love a woman so much in your heart and she knows that Then she decides to flush it down the toilet like crap....Then how would that make you feel!!!!!!!
 Bigger Guy
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2005 10:00:26 PM
There is never a realy good excuse for taking a human life ... and suicide is the worst of the worst ... and doing so over a broken heart makes it that much lower!
No life is worth that.
Suicide is a personal crime of despair and an unanswered call for help .... the broken heart is a sign of need / the suicide is a waste.
The position of the mind is in need of help ..... it is not something to be mulled over and condoned for any reason .... and a broken heart for a reason is just crap! The reason is the unanswered need for help that created the broken heart and life.
Anyone considering this fr ANY reason neede to seek help immediately!
Life is already too short ..... but death is forever and it is guaranteed not be pretty after suicide!
 Hockeygirl777
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:44:57 AM
I'll tell you first hand, I myself was in an abusive relationship for a few years, and couldn't no matter how hard I tried get out of it. I became suicidal at the thought of living like that for the rest of my life. Then when I finally did get out of it I was so lonely and lost that I became suicidal over losing someone I thought I loved. Heartbreak is one of the worst pains in the world, and it takes a lot of time to make it go away. Let the wound heal, keep busy, seek professional help, go talk to a therapist, they truly do help. Life as already too short these days, why shorten it more. Don't hurt the people around you like that one person hurt you, show them you are stronger than them, and live your life. God didn't put us on earth just so we could kill ourselves off.

If this question is on behalf of you please privatly mail me.

Thanks and take care.

Le Roi
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:30:37 AM
True,

I am wanting everyones views on suicide over a broken heart.

I cam very close to committing suicide during my first separation and divorce. I lost all feelings of fear.....One time about four members in my unit (Army) were harassing me so I stood up to them. They thought I was crazy. They couldn't believe it when I showed no fear. They also knew I was one of the senior nco's in my company and they also knew of my martial arts background. I think I scared the bee gees out of them. That was not my intention....

Other times I would walk across the street without looking (hoping I would get hit by a car). I had zero fear......and I didn't care whether I lived or died.

It took about 2 years to recover from the initial emotional duress of separation and divorce. I was diagnosed with Post Tramatic (type o) Stress Disorder (PTSD)..

So, one does not need to experience combat to suffer PTSD. Abusive relationships, rejection (especially from 1 or both parents), and divorce are also causes of PTSD.

And time never heals. Love, yes, time no.....Ain't that a B***h!
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:38:16 AM
Help from what...I do not know her situation...But maybe just went through it one too many times.....I mean people think it is easy to kill yourself....If you people really think about it hard..I mean really hard!!!!!!!For a person to kill theirself..Then you must think what kind of pain they are going through...I siad it before and i will say it again..Your life travels maybe different than the next....And just say it was the same for the sake of arguement,,Do you really think that each person deals with it the same way...Obvously not....If that was the case we would not be discussing suicide...There would be no such thing...You people ought to look at the big picture on the wall..Instead of the small one!!!!!!!And again it is not a chemical imballance or depression....It is called society(FRIG-UP WORLD)After you been drug down so low you become a emotional basket case..You do not know if you are coming or going.....You did all the right things in life just to be screw around all your life....But what is so ironic is society puts the blame on the innocent bystander..Which is pretty typical...I refuse to believe when i baby comes out of a mothers womb that they are program to commit suicide!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??