Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 truelove68
Msg: 51
view profile
History
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??Page 3 of 63    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Everybody's feelings are different..Isn't that what makes us unique..If everyone felt the same way on everything this would be a very boring world to live in...I believe that not 2 people see things the same. So, what you may think is stupid to you it may be very important to another...and vice versa....everybody's feelings are different and they deal with things differently...And sometimes it is suicide and sometimes it's not...Dealing with the heart and the emotions of the heart has never been understood and i don't think it ever will because we are so different from one another...(Food for thought)......
 truelove68
Msg: 52
view profile
History
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 12/28/2005 2:38:16 PM
Thiago147369:

Where is your PHD?????
 truelove68
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2005 2:44:25 PM
daedalchap:

That is right...Tell them like it is...I am sick of people that don't have a heart...You don't need to be on a dating service if you have no compassion for others...Nobody wants someone that don't know how to show love and compassion.... I applaud You daedalchap.
 truelove68
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2005 6:41:56 PM
Very sensitive.... Jerk......
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/28/2005 9:32:03 PM
Obvously your wrong^^^^^^Or it that was the case we would not be talking about this subject...How about the peole that had a rough family life when they were young...And as a result they have become a emotional basket case as a adult....Can just barely live day to day...You need to rethink what you just siad MR.NEVAEH20..And even if you did live like these people...Are you going to sit there and tell me that all people can handle it the same way...If that was the case..Then why in the hell are we talking about this for...What do you think that people are born to be suicidal...And society does not have nothing to do with it..Do you really think killing yourself is easy?If you think that then you have major problems.......And again i do not think it is DEPRESSION,MENTAL PROBLEMS,CHEMICAL INBALLANCE...When i hear or see this..I blame the people that comes in this persons life..The trouble makers...Frig-up women...That is the last person i would blame...If somebody killed theirself over me..I could not deal with it...My conscience would bother me....I can honestly say i have never put somebody in that position..But i can name acertain one that did in my 20s...And to this moment it has effected my life..And it will until i die...And it is true that every person you meet you will have a effect on that person until they die...Whether it be good or bad...
 spinksjinx
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/29/2005 7:34:02 PM
Great posts daedalchap and steelwaters. Its convenient and easy for people to criticize and give blanket, textbook statements, and cite false hopes to justify continuing life. Many scholars have rationalized suicide, some follow through. I know a few people in my life who I amazingly find the will to live despite horrific circumstances. Should they choose to commit suicide (I would), I would not cast them as being selfish or cowardly, and would accept their choice, assuming they thought it through and determined it was the most best solution.

I have contemplated suicide many times, often not from an emotional standpoint, but a philosophical one. An idea that has worked for me is setting a reasonable deadline based on your lifestyle. If you plan to be corporate or rich, it wont happen by 25. If you live based on athletics (like myself), enjoy and focus on your athletic prime, and decide afterwards if you want to continue living even after your source of temporary happiness dies out. If you live a lavish lifestyle, enjoy your peak, avoid long-term plans, and do just enough to obtain stability after your life flattens, should you decide to continue living (take a few practical classes, develop trade skills, keep useful connections, etc.) I am reminded of the poet who lived recklessly, justifying his lifestyle by saying he wont live past 30 anyway. He killed himself around his 31st birthday if I recall correctly.

Steelwaters is spot on about how an inability to connect with the opposite sex can justifiably bring suicidial thoughts. Despite how advanced our society is, we still follow primitive mating rituals, as documented by Darwin's 'natural selection' theory. If you're ugly, broke, have no social status, all the 'there's someone out there for everybody' will do you nothing but false hope and more depression. You can either dedicate your life to becoming rich and famous, all the while living through unbearable loneliness and depression, and hope for long-term happiness... but what if you fail? Then you'll end up killing yourself 10+ years too late, and lived a life of emotional turmoil and psychological pain for no good reason.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/29/2005 9:24:07 PM
And for the 50th time it all has to do with each person^^^^Some people cannot deal with it..Or do you not get it.....If what you just siad was true..Well there would be no such of word as suicide...Maybe one day you will get it.....Personally i have been dealing with it for 13 years..Nothing but a living hell....If i knew i would not go to hell i would have killed myself a long time ago....The only thing that keeps me going is my job and house/cars....It sure in the hell is not no woman... I Try that...That is the reason i am in the shape i am in...But according to society it is my fault after i treated them very very good...So i can understand why people do not want to be here......I siad it before and i say it again..I blame society for ones troubles...The people that they trusted....
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/30/2005 6:29:34 PM
All what you just stateted tells me alot about you^^^^^^^^^^And that is your opinion...Obvously!!!!..Your one of those types that think everybody can deal with this crazy world the same way..I suggest you rethink that...With your attitude it tell me alot..Which is typical!!.........I agree with you CEDARONE AND MR DAEDALCHAP,,There is some people that do understand...As far as grieving,The not knowing ,The tears...I guese to the above posre rhinks the person is not hurting....Sorry i got news for you...When a person is hurting that bad they cannot rationized (SPELLING)I mean you act like people get out of bed and just up and do it....Like society did not play a role in it..Or who screw them over in the past,And what toll it took on them...I siad them...NOT YOU OR ME!THEM!!!!And how they took it!!!And again..NOT YOU OR ME!!!
 UrbanMyth
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/30/2005 6:57:54 PM
Good post...while suicide does appear to be a totally selfish act, those who have never been in that situation of complete and utter depression have no idea of the extreme emotional pain one goes through. And then we have people here with PhD's telling us like it is. What the hell?
 truelove68
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2005 12:23:11 AM
I know that when my left me I was devastated and didn't want to face this world without her...I didn't see what she done was wrong all I could seem to see was my life without her in it would be miserable and I didn't want that.. I thought constantly of everything we had done together even the smell of her perfum on our pillows where she slept.. I caught myself several times reaching over and just smelling her pillow so I could just have a scent of her...Every song that played on the radio and every movie on TV reminded me of her...It didn't matter what anyone said I always tried to make a excuse for her and find some reason for what she did....I finally one day decided I didn't want to feel this horrible pain and I took 20,000 mg of pain killers and took off walking because I didn't want my kids to come home from school and find me...I just really felt I couldn't deal with it anymore and I couldn't picture my life with anyone except my wife and the thoughts of everything we had shared together was running thru my head and it seemed that i couldn't get it to stop..I was in serious hurt from the time I got up until I cried myself to sleep at night...I was found by some people on the side of a country road uncontious and almost dead. The police came and called a ambulance they was able to revive me in the hospital and then is when the real pain began... I had to face my 2 daughters and try and explain why there daddy (who they loved nomatter what thier momma was doing) tried to kill hisself..My daughter walked in to the hospital emergency room and saw the IV's and all the other junk that they had me hooked to and started crying and asked me why?? It was the hardest thing in the world to look into my daughters eyes and explain this all to her...She just reached out her little arms and hugged me and told me that if i had killed myself she wouldn't have a daddy and she loved me very much. It broke my heart to say the least and I done everything I could to make her happy again.But that is a nightmare that I have to live with that I don't like......
 kimikals01
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2005 1:28:46 PM
well sadly i just lost my brother-in-law..he hung himself in my sisters attic, due to a broken heart; i have very diffrent emotions on this subject! i was very sad, very mad, i think it was a very selfish thing he did..he had a broken heart and left all his loved ones with broken hearts..i just cant understand someone being so heart broke that they need to end thier life! he was also my best friend, and at the same time i was going threw a broken heart myself and he was able to help me!! i just wish that i could of known about the pain he was in and helped him..i still can't help but think if he'd of just stayed with us one more day ...i 'am to this day..missing him badly and i think of him everyday! it's been since june 30th 2005 and it seems like it's been forever!! so to anyone who thinks that suicide is the answer...GET HELP PLEASE!! those of us who have lost loved ones to suicide; it's hard to deal with ! i just try to be strong..(it's very hard)~! one thing i think i've learned from this; it's given me more commpassion for others feelings, and i've become more attentive and i pay attention very close to the things my loved ones have to say!! try not to hold anything back, there is always someone to talk to! even if it's a stranger,,(sometimes they r the best ones to talk to) just dont give up..PLEASE! if you give out enough love, and the person is not giving it back, then it's probably not worth it to begin with! there is someone for each of us..LOVE AND BE LOVED!!! IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY BRO..D-RAY I LOVE AND MISS YOU BADDLY, YOUR IN MY HEART AND THOUGHTS DAILY; I LOVE YOU BRO YOUR SIS, KIMMI
 kimikals01
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2005 1:55:43 PM
I ALSO HADA HUSBAND WHO WOULD TELL ME THE SAME THING EVERYTIME HE THOUGHT HE NEEDED ATTENTION.. I TO TOLD HIM GO AHEAD IF YOU'D LIKE.. WELL IT'S BEEN 3 YRS AGO HE'S STILL ALIVE AND DOING WELL!! I HAVE HAD ALOT OF PEOPLE I KNOW WHO HAVE COMMITED SUICIDE; AND IT SEEMS TO ME THE ONES WHO ARE SERIOUS, NEVER ACTUALLY CAME OUT AND SAID; THEY WERE GOING TO KILL THEMSELVES.. BUT DID SHOW SIGNS OF MAJOR DEPPRESSION! I THINK PEOPLE WHO DO COMMIT SUICIDE, JUST HAVE A BUILD UP OF ALL KINDS OF DEPPRESSION, THINGS THAT MIGHT OF HAPPENED AS A CHILD EVEN AND NEVER HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET OVER IT! I LOST MY BEST FRIEND AND BRO-IN-LAW RECENTLY,,FROM A BROKEN HEART..BUT NOW THAT I THINK BACK.. HE WAS VERY DEPPRESSED OVER OTHER THINGS ALSO..PEOPLE HAVE BLAMED MY SISTER.. she has blaMED HERSELF! NOONE IS TO BLAME, AND HE NEVER THREATENED HER WITH I'AM GOING TO KILL MYSELF! I JUST HATE THE FACT THAT PEOPLE THINK THAT ENDING THIER LIVES IS THE ONLY ANSWER!! THEIR ARE SO MANY PEOPLE WHO HAVE ENOUGH LOVE TO GIVE; WE SHOULD NEVER BE WITHOUT!! AND I ALWAYS TRY TO GIVE AS MUCH AS I HAVE..THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE WORSE OFF THEN I'AM! SO I TRY TO BE THE BEST PERSON I CAN BE..I WISH THAT EVERYONE COULD THINK THIS WAY AND THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE! A FRIEND IN OHIO;KIMMI
 kimikals01
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:07:00 PM
ISNT IT STRANGE THAT THE ONE PERSON WHO CAN STOP YOU FROM CRYING IS THE VERY SAME PERSON WHO CAUSED YOU TO CRY TO BEGIN WITH!!
 answer_q
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:09:13 PM
Hey Bud, finishing your life isn't the answer, it's the worst thing you can do against yourself. Like many have said already no one benefits by you passing away, your loved one's lose you ( if anything they are the one's that care about you ), you let go of life without waiting and seeing if the circumstances change.

I'll tell you what, our brain is very very complex, once we get into a certain way of thinking, we obsess about it......then get depressed.....then do crazy dumb things !!
Our brains are cloudy at this point and can't think straight, I've had my share of constant negative obsessive thinking which led to depression. The moment I felt better, meaning stopped getting depressed and thinking something else....that is when I realized how much of a cloud my brain was in.

Listen, your friend might also benefit from this. YOU GOTTA FIGHT THIS ! You're a very important person, your daughters love you to death, the rest of your family I'm sure care about you.......just because this woman whom you gave your heart out to, gave you up doesn't give you any reason to harm yourself. If anything you should be upset at her for leaving you and the kids, and a way to battle this is to keep your head high and show what you're made of, that is :

1) a wonderful father you can be

2) an essential member to your community, help out the people in need

3) give advice to help people....etc.

4) Live life with a smile, enjoy every second of it, this world was made for you, God wanted you on this earth and you certainly have a purpose !!

I often read the Bible through tough times, the answers to life's if's and's or but's aren't found in the human dictionary, but only God can enlighten you. Give it a shot, you will find inner peace and happiness, something I cannot explain.

This is directed to anyone out here feeling down, ending your life is sad way of saying you're defeated........this HAS to be overcomed, because you're a very special person and a pure example of that is YOU'RE LIVING, TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY AND NEVER LET GO !
 answer_q
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:13:47 PM

This is directed to anyone out here feeling down, ending your life is a sad way of saying you're defeated........this HAS to be overcomed, because you're a very special person and a pure example of that is YOU'RE LIVING, TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY AND NEVER LET GO !
 Ashley Cierra
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:14:54 PM
Hey I Would Not Commit Suicide Over A Person I Loved I Would Just Get Over It It's Very Hard But Do You Really Wanna Take Your Life Over Someone Who Broke Your Heart
Think About It
*Ashley*
 Ronnieinjackson
Msg: 68
What do you think of a person committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:18:49 PM
Being the father of a son that committed suicide almost six years ago I can tell you there are many reasons why someone will take this way out. My son had seen a physcologist a couple of years before due to a comment he made one day in school to a friend. He went to counseling sessions for several months and was deemed as not being depressed or suicidal. That was two years prior to his actual suicide.
His suicide note referred to a song and after listeneing very closey I figured out that his girlfriend had gone behind his back and had an abortion without his approval, etc. Joey felt so betrayed by his girlfriend and hurt by her actions that the only way he could deal with the loss of a child he helped create and wanted to be a great father to was to take his own life.
He showed no signs to even his dearest friends/family and actually followed me to work that morning(he worked for me after school) and picked around with his coworkers. He left the shop to go to school that morning and told me "Pop, I'll see ya this afternoon."
He was discovered by his future stepmom and since then shw crashed and burned and fell into a severe bout of depression and prescription drug abuse(we're no longer together), his girlfriend crashed and burned and just recentky got out of jail for illegal drug sales(she wouldn't do drugs and didn't like it if Joey even smoked a little dope when he was alive).
One thing is for sure, those left behind will forever be changed by this event and though the person who commits suicide doesn't realize(or is so hurt he/she can't see it) the hurt, pain, and mess such action leaves behind. JMT.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:57:38 PM
Personally i think it is kind of ironic that most women on here think differently than most men..If you do not believe me go back and look at the post...As far as the screw up women on here showing judgment on a man that commited sucide...It is pretty pathetic how you think... Which is pretty typical...When 2 people are in love you become one..And in my experence men get more into it deeper..There might be some truth to it...I am sure there is more men that kill theirself than women over a breakup...And when i see or hear somebody commit suicide ....I see a person in very deep pain that somebody brought that to them...As far as the women on here(like 90%)You tell me alot about yourselves as human beings...
 answer_q
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2006 6:30:15 AM
You're right about the male to female suicide rate, males every year are far more likely to commit suicide than women....for every 1 female that does it, there are 6 males committing suicide....

This is a very very very dissapointing and depressing fact, that must and has to be changed. Think about it, once you have given up your life, the one's that loved you will be torn because there will be no one else like you........and say you committed suicide because of your male/female partner......don't you think your male/female partner will move on after you're gone......what have you gained by this, sympathy ?? ( that's it )........don't ever settle for that, life is a wall of bricks but once you keep fighting it by showing you aren't defeated....you will break the wall and see light at the other end. This applies to any situation.

Every life is so precious, and commitiing suicide over another person that dumped you or broke your heart is so unfair to yourself....in fact there is no reason at all to commit suicide over anyone or anything PERIOD. I know it's easier for me to say but like I said before it's because we're in this dark cloud that doesn't allow us to think straight, and depression is a big factor in this.

The best way is to get rid of the dark cloud, count all the blessings you have, you can walk, talk, eat, think, be a positive influence to society.....why waste all of that. No man or woman is ever worth it, trust me, believe in yourself and be the best person you can be....I'll say it again this WORLD was made and meant for YOU !!!!!!
 answer_q
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2006 7:05:40 AM
Give you some important figures in our life time who have done great to our society and anyone who wants to add more important figures keep doing so :

1) Alfred Noble, creator of the dynamite which were used in the World War. Alfred's brother dies, the newspapers assume Alfred is dead and publish it that way. Alfred reads the newspaper and is shocked to see " Alfred the creator of dynamite that killed thousand in the war dies "..........Alfred said to himself is this the way I want to be remembered, I'm so glad I didn't die because now I can change my image. Alfred attends his brothers funeral and he created the NOBLE PRIZE for anyone who has a major positive impact on society. Now think about it what if Alfred had given up his life, would all this have been possible.

2) Charles Feeney, was a multi-millionaire, but he donated 98% of his money to the poor and never wanted to be praised about it. A humble guy who owned a small apartment and car to himself. Now if Charles had given up on his life, would poor people around the world benefited ?

3) A wicked wretched man who was a co-captain of a ship. Abused his slaves and workers in his ship, called them names, was rude and abnoxious, a hated man. One day the ship he is in topples along with his crew members. Amazingly his co-caption ( who also was a God fearing man ) and some of the crew were still among the people on a safe area in the ship. The co-captain helps rescues the other crew and slaves at that time,,,,,but the other wicked wretched man who was about to drown to death was asked by his co-captain if I let you in this saftey area you must start praying to God and ask for forgiveness. The wicked man said to himself my life is way more important so why not, I'll pray and ask God. He asks God after being rescued, God if you're the real thing help us to safety and if you do I'll change my wicked, wretched ways and be a man of honour and kindness. In two days they were rescued into land, and this wicked wretched man was so amazed and was surprised and promised to be a changed man. He became a pastor and started writing songs, hence he wrote the song

AMAZING GRACE <<
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

You see the power of life, powerful isn't it !!
 ffhffhfhfh
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2006 7:39:25 AM
When my ex split I often thought of suicide but because I have a daughter, I think that helped pull me out of the "funk" I was in. Plus, I got professional advice, counselling, medication that helped. I began to open up again to the world about six months after the breakup and started dating again. I started going to the gym, and began to enjoy the things I used to particpate in before I met the "Woman of My Dreams" (ha ha). I feel 100% better now.
 primoglass
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/1/2006 9:00:08 PM
First of all suicidal ideation should never be ignored. If you’re thinking about it get assistance. Tomorrow is always a better day. Besides aren’t you the least bit curious about what might happen tomorrow. My ex gave me three days notice she was moving after 20 years. It is called home improvement. So leave our lady of perpetual dissatisfaction behind. There are several books easily found, one title that comes to mind is surviving the loss of a love.

Negative visuilation is also helpful, like they are picking there nose and eating it, not terribly gross when you consider we all swallow about a quart of snot every day keeping our lungs moist. Or think of them covered in vomit a visual only appealing to pigeons and dogs.

An old sage once told me lovers are like busses there is always another one along in a minute. Living is hard work and life is precious. Chemical imbalances are easily corrected with medical intervention and something that might bother you now will be as insignificant as dust. Did I mention after agreeing to my divorce settlement within seventeen minutes I was offered a job paying six figures when I was facing layoff status, divorce, and food bank lines. Life is sweet don’t waste it, you only get one chance make the best of it for your self and those around you.
 Trav88
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/7/2006 4:19:22 PM
Quite a few people in my life killed themselves over a loved gf or bf. It is pretty common I suppose it is either suicide drugs or alcohol to ease the pain, depends on the person. Me I just work out.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/7/2006 4:49:21 PM
And again it is not a chemical imbalances..That is far from the truth...Going by these misinform people.Is that if you have a bad childhood...As a result you become a emotional basket case..Which in turn relationships come hard at best...What are you tring to say that is a chemical imballance...What bull crap is that...Yea!!!Lets blame the victim...Like society has nothing to do with it...It is like saying for example if a man treats a woman very good with respect...Then she turns around and treats him like a piece of shit...Then that is his fault..Give me a break...Like he choosed to be screw over!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??