Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ColdHeartedBastard
Msg: 101
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??Page 5 of 63    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Strictily in the case of someone going through with it and killing themselves.. I would say it's not a broken heart. That would imply you are/were in love with the person. If you're in love with them, why would you want to hurt them so much? When you love someone, you care about their happiness and well-being. It's not about "loving" them so much you *have* to have them, or life ain't worth living. That's obsession, not love.

If some girl killed herself over me, I would feel horrible at first, totally guilty, blame myself, etc. But it would pass.. I would realize that the girl was too wrapped up in her own needs to have been "in love" with me, and then I'd end up hurt and angry with her. In the end, it would not have been about love, it would have been about possession and control.. She could not possess me and control me, own me and make me hers, so ended her life.

Having suicidal thoughts, without following through with them, is a little bit different. It hurts when you lose someone you love and care about. And for awhile, it may seem like it's the most horrible feeling possible. Perhaps you may have idle thoughts of ending the pain by ending your life. But when there's real love, there's always a sliver of hope to hold on to.. always a part of you that hangs on and cares about their happiness, not just your own pain. You eventually get over it, and go on.

C.
 lpatkbd
Msg: 102
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 2/26/2006 9:54:33 PM
No steel I have not spent my entire life alone, however I have wasted a lot of it with the wrong people in my life. I'm not going to go into the trials of my life because that is another topic entirely. I believe that life is what you make of it if you choose to despair over lost love or whatever, believe me I have been there, that is a choice that you make. It has taken me until recently to understand what that really means. I have finally come to a place in my life where I love myself enough to not give anyone that kind of power over me. I believe that someone who commits suicide doesn't care about themselves enough to see their own self worth. I believe that they have let life and circumstances overwhelm them. We are all of us worth something even if we may not know what that is exactly. Those that are left behind are the ones that pay the price for another taking their life. We are left with the wondering of what it is we could of done to make a difference, what we could of done to not have this hole in our hearts that that person used to fill. I don't believe anyones life is so insignificant that it should be ended in suicide, no matter how bleak things may seem.
 thedream
Msg: 103
Posted: 2/26/2006 10:18:45 PM
I used to think that suicide was the easy way out, selfish and a coward act. But when i hit rock bottom, i mean really hit rock bottom, I thought about it for the first time in my life. After that I understood why people do it. Is it right or wrong - I can't answer that. I stopped thinking about it, because i realized that hey i am at rock bottom, from here things can get only better, so i picked up the pieces and started living life one day at a time and slowly things do get better.
 SLSFL60
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/8/2006 7:20:02 AM
I HAVE LOST TWO BROTHERS THAT WAY AND YOU ARE A SAD LITTLE BOY WHO WOULD TRY ANYTHING TO GET A WOMAN TO TALK TO HIM WOW YOUR A SICK JAG OFF PLAIN AND SIMPLE
 SLSFL60
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/8/2006 10:47:06 AM
After having two Brothers take this way out I can only tell you that they got to places that were so dark that there was no light at the end of the tunnel just darkness. So most people llike you and I won't ever get to that so very dark place but with over twenty thousand people a year in this country finding that darkness it is a bit scary. Scott
 Mouse426
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/10/2006 4:54:48 PM
Well,
Here I am in the middle of a broken heart. Suicide has come to mind from time to time. I have to admit it seemed the perfect solution to the pain. I know its wrong, I know its the chickens way out. All I'm saying is its crossed my mind. I don't see myself committing the act, I'm just admitting that it has crossed my mind. Life isn't alway worth living and for me, I'm trying once again to make it worth living.. I know someone who did take their life over a broken heart, it's a very painful thing for the ones left behind. I don't want to leave in that way. its not fair to my family..
Suicide isn't the answer.. Making life worth living is..
Mouse
 crystal_00_43
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/17/2006 1:50:53 PM
i was feeling the same way when my ex after 36 years of being married and i found out all he did was lie and cheat and he was not even nice to me but i love him but after 3 months i took him back he was ok for a while it went on like that for over 20 years so i could not take it no more so all i wan't to do was committi suicide it hurt a lot because he was not man enought to tell me to my face he waited untill i went to work and he took every thing he could and all the money so here i was with no money and a son to keep and bills to pay but i did't do it i just walk to work most of the times i got a ride to work some times back but i never gave up so you should hang in there life is great even if you go throw a lot but takeing your own life for a woman she is not worth your love any way if she makes you feel like that love is great i never gave up so be strong im here to for you if you care to talk .
 NOW_ON_AUCTION
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2006 9:52:22 PM
you'll go to hell.
 ABH2
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/23/2006 7:51:57 PM
Whoa! Definately a a permanent solution for a temporary problem or heartache! I am so sorry for anyone who may feel this way.

I am not really sure what to say to your question in response, as I don't have detailed information....all that I can articulate, in a way that is easy to understand, is that I once contemplated it. Seriously contimplated it.

You see, Sept 4/2001 my fiancee and I went to dinner to celebrate my Bday. Fabulous night with a man who I absolutely adored. We had been together forever, and had finally established ourselves, paid off the house and were stable enough to actually plan to get married and raise a family. Hell..I even liked this guy...LOL. :0)

Alas, less than 6 blocks from our house, we were hit by a car (turned out to be stolen - very prevelant in Vancouver!!). So, very long story short after being in a "drug induced coma" for almost 6 days due to the right side of my skull being smashed, my ribs and lower back being smashed and amid a multitude of really shitty injuries, I awoke to find the world I that I knew in utter chaos....and I went from being ordinary - to being repulsive. I missed 9/11, ( I am sure I'm the ONLY person who missed it ) I missed my finacee's funeral and awoke to the reality of being a T10 - L1 Spinal Cord Injury victim. I was so angry that I too, didn't die in that wreck, as it was that my life, as I had known it was completely in what at the time, I thought was ruins. I lost the man that I loved, the use of most of my body, my apperance and my confidence and will.

I have almost no recolection of anything, until the day that one of the Firemen who cut the car open happened to stop by GF Strong; where I was recouperating. A ton of people came to see me, and chat to me while "under" but this one fireman was the only person that I truly remember. He is an amazing man, who came to my bedside and told me that what happened to me, and my Financee had torn a whole in his soul. He was so torn up about what he had seen, and the job that he had to do without prejudice / thought /emotion. He talked me through the accident, what he saw and what he had thought at the time. He taold me later, that he talked to me for hours, cried, laughed, gave me shit and lectured me about being strong.

In the long run, he gave me the hope that there was something beautiful about living through such horror. He taught me that you CAN keep going long after you think that you can't. Nurture strength of your spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. Life is a gift, and no one ever guaranteed that it would be easy and pain free, but believe me, there is something to be said about being child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars
you have a right to be here! And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Best wishes to you!
 collie2
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/24/2006 8:15:30 AM
I thot about it once; then i thot I'm gonna be dead forever so why help it along!
 nonobite007
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/24/2006 1:59:35 PM
Listen up and listen up GOOD! I have tried suicide and it doesn't take guts or glory to do it. I have failed twice, unless you have tried, u will never ever be able to get into the mind of one who has. You are crazy for writing that stupid letter. This girl is not feeling sorry for her self. What she is experiencing is REALITY stupid, keep your mouth shut because u don't know what it is you are talking about. This is a very heartbreaking and very serious subject, what she needs is your help not your hindrance. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
 nonobite007
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/24/2006 2:02:19 PM
Don't know a thing of what u are talking about. One who has been there and done that. It just isn't that easy if you have a mental or emotional problem to just get back in the ballgame. Keep quiet.
 ABH2
Msg: 120
What do you think of a person committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 5/25/2006 8:50:31 PM
I hate to admit this, but all of the postersseem to have some valid points on this topic. I am not sure that it is as easy as asking for help - as there are times when asking for some kind of help is the hardest thing in the world to do. For me, the only time that I will ever "look down upon" ois when I am helping that person up - as it takes a REALLY brave person to ask for help. Exposing your soul, your fears, whether they are rational or not, is a very brave thing to do.

No one, ever, wants to admit that they are "out of control" and so on. SOmetimes, it takes a swift kick in the a***, and no choice in the matter, to get what needs to be done...done.
Everyone has a story of hurt that could break your heart, I think that some are just more adpt to deal what is dealt to them than others. The bottom line is that everyone needs help, from time to time....especially those who are feeling that there is not any other way than suicide. It is just a matter of asking /taking /accepting that you need help or are not able to deal, is when you ask for the help that you may need.

Dr's are not always the most compassionate persons in the world, and sometimes your family is not either. Sometimes, it takes the courage of a stranger to "knock" a little objective reason into what it is that you are thinking or feeling at any given moment. That is why kids are so great ( they should be the trauma councellors of the world)...they always see what is the good part, very rarely the bad.
 sparticuss
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/26/2006 5:14:33 AM
I dont' THINK.

I also don't PREACH.

I know. I know a few things.

- Post divorce suicide is the highest killer of men between the ages of 30 and 50

- One in thirteen men, suffering post divorce trauma will suicide.

- One in approximately three hundred women suffering from post rape trauma will suicide.

- For every thousand dollars spent on post rape support less than a cent is spent providing men with post divorce counselling.

- Suicide, in general, is the third highest killer outright. Car crashes are closer to tenth.

- Any media that publishes these alarming results is threated with legal action by the police and the governments.
 sparticuss
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/26/2006 5:19:01 AM
sorry for u or they dont understand what you are going through but they tell u they do. have a good night

Canuck
I wouldn't have a hope of understanding what you are going through. The longest touch of medical depression I suffered was only a week , bought on by a double dose of the flu and not even needing medication

Here's an idea. Go hug your daughter and try saying, to yourslelf, at that point, "I wish I were dead" I don't think you can do both at the same time.
 rings
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/30/2006 4:08:29 AM
Life has meaning only in the struggle...........
Victory and defeat are in the hands of the Gods............
So let us celebrate the struggle......

I had a teenage son that committed suicide.......

I cry about him every other day,i have an in memory tattoo on my arm that reads,

IN MEMORY OF DENNIS I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN...........

I would give anything to have him back..........Gone But Never Forgotten.............

Suicide is like most things in life its a choice.......Your choice....
...............Choose wisely............
 ronnoname
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:12:43 AM
You go through a stage when you have lost evrything, hopelessness, sadness and self pity. It is very difficult and you are so lonely. the thought of suicide is there and when you start to act on it, you may be in trouble.You just want to be with someone, you want to be held and cuddled and told everything is all right. it is such a struggle and you are so alone. I know thats where i was last week and am still so hurting =. Ron
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??