Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sparticuss
Msg: 128
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??Page 6 of 63    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I am also in a situation where i am married but we are separated because of something he did...I am left with 2 beautiful boys, oldest is 2 and youngest is 2 months, but I can honestly say that I have never thought about suicide.
=============================
Sassie
Are you just niave? Or are you a self centred b***h?

You said you had the childrren. Over 50% of ALL suicides are by fathers who have lost custody and contact with their children.

They grieve as does a father who has lost a child to a road smash but a thousand times worse. Because the children are still alive but he cannot see them they become the living dead.
This isn't the same a somebody dragged away from his family by his carrer fr six months. He knows that the six months will end and he will be home again.

This is grief without closure.
 sparticuss
Msg: 129
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 6/17/2006 6:08:49 AM
To take your own life over a woman is a very sad state of affairs, but not every man can admit he has a problem, not every man will openly admit he's even contemplating such a demise and for one very simple reason, pride. When you take a mans heart, you take his self esteem, his pride and his dignity, no man will openly admit that to any person for he feels belittled enough
===============================

Spoken like a military man Stevie. and certainly not a suicidal man.

As a miltary man you would know the kind of hell the transfer system puts even the srongest marriage through.

But you don't know the personal hell that your comrades go through when that toll leads to divorce.

Forget about Kamakazies and courage. Suicidal ex husbands are beyond fear, and often beyond feeling.

And forget too about macho pride. Australian boxing champion Lester Ellis wasnt too proud to seek help for his suicidal tendancies last week. But the hospital just gave him a routine check up and turned him on to the street again.

The problem isn't men who wont seek help. Thats a fob off by society and the medical system who wont admit that they havent provided the facilites to care for this epedemic.
 sparticuss
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/17/2006 6:20:30 AM
Now you know better than that Mess maker.

why is it only men that are taken out of their childrens life according to you post?.. to hell with men..haha. look at how many women are killed by their husband.
=========================================
I have actually been looking for some time now.
In Australia it was less than a dozen last year. In that same year approximately 1200 recenlty divorced men suicided out of the total suicide count of 2300
============================================

do you know how many kids get placed for adoption that do not have a "father" on their birth certificate...
====================================
None at all actually. With unmarried mums pensions and equal wages the adoption agencies have all closed their doors. They are only ever re opend when African massacres leave a big glut of orphans.
========================================

. if men would quit sticking their ummm stuff into anything and everything and women were a little more peculiar about who they are dealing with...less stuff like this would happen. i dont understand the whole suicidal thing. my husband tried that crap and now his pinky is paralyzed..
====================================
I understand exactly why. Because death was preferable to a loony like you.
================================
i wanted to leave so he thought trying to kill himself and threatening to kill me would make me stay. he gives me no reason to stay except using our kids as leverage. my kids arent going to be pawns in his game.
===================================
Why not? You are using them as pawns in your game. The only reason he stays is because of the kids.
=================================
he wants to get depressed..maybe he should reevaluate his life. its his own fault no one is nice to him. i dont feel sorry for him. he chooses to drink and get violent.
Violent??? Show us your scars. Not emotional scars. Knife and bullet wounds thank you.
============================

how can you expect someone to allow you to be part of your kids life if you cant get yours straight. im not going to force my kids to deal with their dad...they are scared of him.
With your success in lying to them that daddy is some sort of monstor I'm not surprised.

i think its very LAME for someone to want to kill themself over someone not wanting them. so what you have invested time and money into a relationship..i spend alot of money on shoes..
========================
How much money have you spent on shoes for your kids'
=========================

you dont hear me crying about getting them muddy though
 itsmeinco
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2006 5:44:16 PM
Except in cases of a painful terminal illness, suicide is always the wrong choice and offing yourself over a relationship is one of the dumbest reasons I can think of to do something like that.
 martoon48
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2006 6:45:48 PM
well suicide is a serious thing i know !!!! if ur thinking about it GET HELP IMMIDEATELY ..
 ManitobaGrrl
Msg: 133
Posted: 6/22/2006 10:51:40 PM
You never know what a new day will bring.......life is a gift........time heals, and theres support out there for those who need it. "Dont die with your music still in you".
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/23/2006 10:39:26 AM
I can't even describe such a horrible and sad situation from happening because it hurts and yet angers me when i hear about this. That is all teh more reason why we need to have compassion on others and realize how precious we ALL our regardless of our own individual situations and stuff.

Personally I have encountered 2 people in my live like that and some how I was able to talk them out of that and it took alot of courage and yet it was something that I hope not to experiance again. I am thankful to God that those too people, both good friends of mine, that they were able to realize that there are people that care and that there is creat hope out there.

To be honest....if someone felt so bad and had to let express themselves, I would MUCh rtather they vent on me the whole time then even harm themselves alittle, and I would even let them hit me and stuff (if need be) then them even hurting themselves.

These sorts of peoiple need love and care and compassion and we need to understand that, and we CANNOT look down on them and say "They are selfish" or "they are whining" because the fact is they are not.

I would show all the compasion I can, even if I have to put myself in harms way to protect them from harming themselves and just do all I can to make them feel better.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 136
What do you think of a person committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 6/24/2006 9:54:16 PM
I agree ^^ and it is horrible ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE WHEN THAT HAPPENS

I cannot stand when there are so many people out there who are heart broken and are so alone and feel rejected or unwanted or ugly, or left out or not good for anything, and other people just don't even care about them and only think about themselves.

** So many people are put down and hurt everyday ,be it by insult or rejection, or hurt feelings or loneliness etc and they feel like crap or unattractive or unwanted , unlovable they feel like they don't belong , and when they try to reach out , they don't get that help that they desperately need. They get ignored and their opinions don't matter and they are rejected for silly reasons like their looks and shit, and they get looked down upon like they are noone by people who THINK they are way better then them and they don't have tha time to be with them, or because "they know what THEY want" and they just don't care what others feelings are and they ignore then and ignore them until that person who is depressed time after time gets enough of it and they feel they can't take it any more and (God Forbid) they do soemthing to themselves because of how they felt hurt and rejected like an outlaw to others and after put down after put down after put down, rejection after rejection, a insult after insult set back after set back, neglectance after neglectance they finally can't take it any longer and they do that to themselves.

That is just so sad when that happens and it ABSOLUTELY GETS TO ME WHEN I SEE THIS HAPPENING AND PEOPLE NOT CARING WHAT OTHERS FEEL, THEY ARE SO FULL OF THEMSELVES THAT THEY JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT ANOTHER PERSON IS FEELING.

I swear this bothers the heck out of me and this sort of apathy HAS TO STOP!!

***we should try to help out a person as much as we can if we wee them down in anyway. Lets NOT think to highly of ourselves but instead lests ACCEPT them for who they are , get over their looks and stuff and lets LISTEN to what they feel and why they feel that way as opposed to ignoring them because we think we are to good to hear what they have to say. How f'ken dare we EVER do something as stupid as that.!!

This hurts me so much just typing this because I have read articles and heard reports of people commiting suicide because of various issues like depression, feeling rejected being rejected over and over again for something they have no control over and thus feel helpless and hopless and other reasons, and it was gut wrenching to read and i just couldn't hold it together, becaue I KNOW this could be prevented if people would just treat them better with more respect and dignity and not look down on them or reject them because you feel too highly of yourself to help out in any way.

The least we can do is help them and talk to them and help them and get to know others more BEFORE MAKING AND JUDGMENTS ON THEM!! Darnit I hate this.!!

THis hurts me so much i swear I can't take this sometimes. I wish people can understand my posts when I put post on stuff like this, I just hope we can get the BIG picture and not think only of ourselves but of OTHERS TOO!!!!

I am sorry for some of the harsher words i used but this really others me and I feel so much and so badly for ALL those people and families who have been affected by this. I also hate the apathy that many of us have towards people who are down and need help. It really buggs the hell out of me.!!
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 137
Posted: 6/26/2006 6:19:53 AM

It's not about the broken hearted self of the person that makes him/her commit suicide. its based on many other irrelavant things, but the broken heart is just basically the last straw for the individual. A person only commits suicide is already suicidal, but the broken heart, bleeds and it bleeds more everyday to make them go over the edge of sanity.

I agree with you on that. I do however like to stress the point that we need to be instramental in helping the other person if we see there is something bothering them or that they are down and depressed, you know what....we are obligated to try to help them out and see if we can help them in some way.

I can't stand willfull ignorance and apathy when it comes to this area. This is too important for us not to care and to think only about ourselves. An honest effort to help out people hee is in order, because we would want it if it were us in that position.
 stoowart
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2006 9:18:01 AM
sure it hurts it hurts like hell, ya feel like ya gonna die for a spell but suicide is just plain nasty, selfish and a tad narcissistic and vengeful you aint doin it to escape, ya doin it to lay blame at the other persons door and it shows a complete lack of concern for the feelings of everyone else who has ever been a part of your life, i just can't see how it shows any feelings to inflict such a thing as that on those around you, it's totally not clever and it's probably true that most who "attempt" do it in such a way theyl be found saved and made a fuss of and that's just sick and twisted, erm got a bit carried away there but it's how i see it soz :)
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 139
Posted: 6/26/2006 9:46:12 AM
I was your basic mistake made by 2 weak people. I was not wanted by my drug addict mother, and my dad was in and out of jail too consumed by his selfish ways to be a dad to me and show me what kind of man I should be with. I and my sister were the **stards of the family being raised by my workaholic grandmother. I NEVER EVER felt wanted by ANY ONE. Not even my family. I was molested, raped, beaten throughout my child hood so much that I felt like that was all any body especially men wanted from me. So I became so numb to it that when I was 11 and was raped I got up went home, took a shower, and watched Ren and Stimpy. I was beat by grown men when I was 12 just because I didnt want to be intimate with them. When I was 12 I thought I found my angel when I met my sons father. From day one he said he was in love with me he even stayed away from other girls just hoping that I would somehow come around. Yet and still for some reason I felt he was too good to be true and that no man could ever "love" me, they just love what I have between my legs. Time went on and I had 2 kids by 2 different men b4 I was18. He was still there for me telling me all the Time he loved me and always had. So I finally gave our relationship a chance. He constantly asked me to give him a child he loved me and my kids and that it would make our family complete. for five years I said no I have made my mistakes I want to be married b4 I have another child because I have too much pride to let my kids be raised on welfare. Last may I found myself pregnant by him. he was exited begged me not to do anything. When I was 7 months pregnant he changed, became violent. He choked me untill I collapsed. He told me I was a slut, worthless, should have died, disobedient. He ripped my hair out of my head, ripped my ear from my jaw, in front of my kids. he tried to kidnap our son too. All of that BS was so much for me to deal with that I seriously wanted to commit suicide rather than deal with the fact that no one not even HIM, after all he did to me wanted me. But my six year old daughter said to me " Mommy, If you leave us and daddy is not here to take care of us any more, I will be scared. What if no one wants us either? who is gonna make sure bad men dont hurt me? what if we end up like you did? I dont want to cry everyday and ask to die. I like my life." So now I just think The world wont stop if you die. youv'e been through so much bad in your life that something good is gonna come sooner or later. And God does not give us anything we cant handle. As bad As i've hurt my life I dont want my kids and my grandmother to suffer the lonliness and hurt I have.So to the ones out there who want to die read my letter and realize there are some people who have had it alot worse and are still livin their lives. And just because your heart is broken, it is still beating and no one is worth making it stop, ever...

I am so so sorry to hear this, and i don't really know what to say. It was hard to read and i was alittle angry i will admit about what i read. You are a WONDERFUL soul I will say that and you have shown that you have a great spirit in you and a great character. I am so sorry that soem people can be so heartless and brutal goofballs, and I really don't know what to say. It just says that other people have that much more of a obligation to help you and help you out in any way, you're post just was so open and I am stunned and outraged how some people out there can be so cruel and heartless people. Those people that did that shit to you are sick and need help. I am just outraged right now at that, you CERTAINLY DID NOT DESERVE TO BE TREATED LIKE THAT, and I really don't know how people can treat others like that. My heart goes out to you so much, I wish people were not like that.

You are right there is NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING AT ALL THAT SHOULD MAKLE SOMEONE TAKE THEIR OWN LIVES. GOD FORBID THAT SOMEONE WOULD HURT THEMSELVES OVER SOMETHING LIke THIS, just because some people act like goofballs, no way jose, YOU HAVE ALOT TO LIVE FOR!!

You are right when you say God doesn't give us anything that is to much for us to handle.

I wish you the best of luck and I KNOW things WILL get better for you, I know they will.!!

GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Othmn1
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/26/2006 3:58:18 PM
Anyone who doesn't want to live on after being dumped by their lover defines their self-worth by their love life. That's totally unhealthy. It's a train wreck waiting to happen.
 EZGoinGal
Msg: 142
Posted: 6/26/2006 4:02:19 PM
I recently had a broken heart... and it hurts so badly..sometimes you think that is the answer, but once you're thinking logically... you realize that a broken heart doesn't mean your life is over. If someone truely wants to commit suicide I believe that they have to have other issues in life aside from a broken heart. Suicide is never the answer... life goes on and everything happens for a reason.... just remember suicide doesn't only affect you.. it affects everyone around you, that loves you and cares about you. & know that you are still here for a reason.... you will leave imprints on other people you come across for the rest of your life... and there are people who will leave imprints on yours.......
 wolf47
Msg: 143
Posted: 7/11/2006 6:27:44 AM
I've had my heart broken by the girl I thought was the love of my life (still do from time to time) and went into a severe depression because of it. In fact I was so upset and distracted by it it was one of the reasons I flunked out of school. I had thought about ending my life. That was 3 years ago. I'm much better now and have been with several girls since then. In retrospect the reason I wanted to take my life was to get back at her, make her feel guilty. But what happens is that if you do go through with the people you care about will feel guilty and the people you want to get back at will dismiss you as a nut and someone who couldn't handle life. It's just not worth it. I'm not saying I'm now 100% happy. Far from it. But life is worth trying to make better.
 stevediben
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2006 8:00:54 AM
A person should never judge why another person commits suicide. You have know idea what goes through another persons mind. The pain, agony and the decision. The loss of self respect. The lost of the desire to go on and suffer through everything. Not all people have the strength to continue.
I was married thirty years to the only women I ever loved. One day she says she is done and walks out. gone forever. If I wouldn't have gotten help and my three daughters convinceing me to get help and standing by me, I would be dead right now. I have suffered with depression my whole life and if you don't understand it don't judge it. It is one of the worst diseases a person can have. I have dealt with it for fifty years. up and down.
Have some compassion. Some people think it is the only way out.
 sparticuss
Msg: 145
Posted: 7/16/2006 1:08:52 AM
i could never think of leaving my beloved family an friends...for any man.

OK then Kookie

Lets just crank up the odds a bit shall we??

You havent JUST lost your man.

You've lost your friends, your family, your children, your home, your job, youve lost absolouely everything.

Now, what do YOU, presonally think about the suicide option.
 User101256
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2006 3:17:01 PM
It's not the "easy way out". My friend's wife died in an alcohol related car accident 2 years after they were married and she was pregnant. They already bought the house; everything was planned for, except for that.

Months later he committed suicide. Everyone around him knew he was depressed and they supported him as much as possible, it just wasn't enough.

If someone left you intentionally, no one can tell you how to feel, but giving up your life is letting them have more power over you than they deserve.

The secret to a break up is time, and finding something positive to do during that time.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 148
Posted: 9/3/2006 3:47:02 PM
It's a tragidy when that happens and I cannot imagin what it feels like for the person and their families. This is why I STRESS REPEATEDLY that the more people criticize, abuse, insult, hurt, put down, turn down, discriminate and show an uncaring attitude aagainst others, the more people get depressed and thats what can make things like this happen.

I would do what I can to help someone that is depressed and who needs help and affection and someone to be there for them. I think/say that we all should help people like this and see this for what it is and just be helpful to them and not throw out more insults to them liek some people do.!! We MUST see them as human beings who have feelings like you and I and we must understand that ALL human life is precious!!!!. I am so serious about this, we got to get our heads together and our conscience back to a healthy state that we protect people as opposed to look down on then as "unworthy" or "not good enough". People don't seem to understand that people that are in this situation and predicament NEED OUR HELP MORE THEN EVER!! and they are reaching out in their heart of hearts and we have to take that initiative to help them anyway we can.!!
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 149
Posted: 9/3/2006 4:52:24 PM

Listen, carefully.

You have a gift. It's called life. If you can walk, talk, and see and hear, enjoy music, food, ect. . .then you are RICH. Money doesn't matter.YOU are rich with life. Everyone communicating on this website will be dead someday. Don't take what you have for granted.
If you or someone you know has, as you put it. . . "a broken heart". . .that is one of the beautiful spectrums of living on this blue ball. Emotions are a gift. Being human is amazing.
Consider yourself FORTUNATE, in the way that you have all that life itself has to offer . . .
If someone has left you or betrayed you and it is heartbreaking . . .get through it, and you will be a better person than before. It (your situation which led you to this point)...just wasn't meant to be.

Myself, ("heartbroken"), at a point in my life, I thought, wow, what now. . .

Changes are imminent. Go on with your life and kick yourself in the ass for thinking such a silly thought ., . you WILL find the one someday. Everyone matters.

The world is better with YOU alive with all the rest of us. YOU MATTER.
Relationships come and go, and as does life . .
Go do something you enjoy and know that you have purpose and you are miraculous because of the simple fact that you exist. YOU EXIST FOR A REASON.

Now go put in a CD of your favorite band and ROCK OUT, enjoy yourself, and BE YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND. You deserve it.

Very Best Regards, D

Thank God some people still have values and reason. Amen to that!!
 shed2006
Msg: 150
Posted: 9/4/2006 10:59:42 AM
my self i lived thur my commonlaw husband killed himself ...it was a very selfish thing for him too do. it distroyed his family and my children and myself .alls he did was think of himself he never once thought what we the people that where left behind would go thur and everyone is right its a cowards way out. its hard for me too trust any one any more cause i always wonder r they going too do that or what ,,,, please too thous that think about it remember what ur really doing too everyone that loves u ... cause u can't hurt so many people and not realize it soo please step back and think.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 151
Posted: 9/4/2006 4:03:06 PM
OK lets try this!!!!

Suicide should be avoided at all cost, and people , if they can possably help it should HELP OTHERS in this situation.

I have lots to say about this and about (cough) those that make a stupid joke of this. But Thats all I will say for now!!!!

LADY, I agree with you totally and I am happy you said that to counter the **** **** remark made above you!!
 sparticuss
Msg: 152
Posted: 9/4/2006 5:43:02 PM
They all knew him, and loved him - and he was totally blind to how many people were out there for him. He was surrounded by people in life, and in death - yet he never truly realized that. He had every quality a person could want, and was blind to that as well. All he saw ( magnified a million times) were his flaws, which were a drop in the bucket compared to his remarkable personality and intelligence.
=====================================

Nice speech Monteal.

You forgot to mention why he could only see his flaws. Because bot society and, paticularily , his ex kept on and on about them. Only in death did anybody ever say, "This was a wonderful person".
 sparticuss
Msg: 153
Posted: 9/4/2006 5:44:38 PM
WRAR - The topic of discussion is suicide NOT my dating practices, thank you. Perhaps you would like to start another thread about my dating life??
=================================
Actually Caroline it is.

When womens dating and divorce practices account for more suicides than all the rest put together then your dating practices are definitely on the agenda.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??