Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sparticuss
Msg: 151
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??Page 7 of 63    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Suicide is the answer to someone who is clearly not thinking like someone who can cope with pain and cannot fathom that things will indeed get better. We all have bad days. Suicide is not chosen; it happens when pain exceeds resources for coping with pain. People that commit suicide cannot logically think to themselves, "things will be better". They just feel the pain in their heads and just want it to stop, and it doesn't go away when they sleep either. The only thing they feel is to end their life. They can't think of the loved ones, and how they will try and cope with their sudden and rash decision. They will NEVER get over it. EVER.

Ahh I just love shoving a gnder reversal or shifted angle on things to shop up the self righteous.

Suicide , by a rape victim, is the answer to someone who is clearly not thinking like someone who can cope with pain and cannot fathom that things will indeed get better.
We all have bad days, and statistically, more woen are raped than are not. Suicide is not chosen; it happens when pain exceeds resources for coping with pain. Rape victims that commit suicide cannot logically think to themselves, "things will be better". They just feel the pain in their heads and just want it to stop, and it doesn't go away when they sleep either. The only thing they feel is to end their life. They can't think of the loved ones, and how they will try and cope with their sudden and rash decision. They will NEVER get over it. EVER.
 sparticuss
Msg: 152
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 9/4/2006 5:54:52 PM
wrar, you are an ***hole....Actually some of what I have written is copied from a text book that I have, but only about three lines. The rest, you moron, is from my knowledge, I studied Psychology, Sociology and Anthropology in school, and you clearly are a case of anger.........

Let me ask you something? What if your child, at 16 years of age, was depressed and wanted to kill him/herself? Would you let that happen? Or would you do everything in your power to make sure it didn't happen???
======================================

Coroline.
I've little doubt that you studied.
But you studied driviel, dictated by the political correctness of the time.

This is why you automaticly bounced back to the idea of a 16 year old "child" (most of my siblings and left home to take up jobs by that age) as a primary suicide candidate.

If you had studied the raw data, instead of the edited text books you were supplied with, then you would know that the real suicide risk is in men your age. Not in kids.

If you had studied the raw data you would know that depression is not the primary cause of suicide. Grief, caused by loss of loved ones to death or divorce is.
 sparticuss
Msg: 153
Posted: 9/4/2006 5:59:22 PM
Well, I cant possibly imagine suicide being an 'easy' way out. It must be tough as sh*t coming to the conclusion that death is your only solution.

==================================
Me neitner but it is.
In fact it's one of the danger signs.

Somebody, with problems, who has been contempalting suicide, often becomes europhic and carefree in the final days. The decision has been made. The mountian of problems they are facing now no longer exist, because, in a few days they will be dead and wont have to face them. Suicide has become the easy way out for them.

They tend to give away treasured possessions, to friends, they go out and party.

Their freinds thing they are getting over it.

And a few days later they are dead.
 sparticuss
Msg: 154
Posted: 9/5/2006 4:26:11 PM
Sparticuss - don't you dare question anything that I have written, and the suggestion of the 16 year old, that I bounced back to it for some other reason, is something near and dear to my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!
====================
Caroline
I will, and have, dared to question the theories of some of the most famous university professors in the world. The difference between them and you is that they are not intellectual snobs. Thet do take my questions to heart and do check them alongside their original theories. So I will certainly "dare" to question anything you have written.

I have also studied just about everything you have. And you have never done any dedicated studies in suicide. Mostly because very few tertiary institutions offer such studies.

I don't care that the suicide you are talking about is somebody close to you. The suicidie I am talking about is somebody equally close and he was mid aged.
So to are the other half dozen friends that I have "helped" get over thier suicide attempts. (I still don't understand how I helped but they told me I did)
 croissant
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2006 7:43:20 PM
I recently had a girlfriend break up with me, and I blame alot of what happened to her ex boyfriend who killed himself over her. She had a very hard time with it and was a subject that came up often. Maybe we got together to soon after this happened. They were together 5 1/2 years, just got a new house together and he did it shortly after. I began to date her approx. 5 months later. In the begining she was the most amazing girl and then over time this issue came up time and again. I tried very hard to be understanding but it ate away at her. She began to go downhill, partying all the time to forget everything. I know she feels a lil responsible for what happened no matter how much she tried to tell herself that she wasnt. And she CERTAINLY was not responsible, he was a weak person bottom line. We dont talk at all anymore and its been about a month now. I wish her well, no matter what she has done to me I wish her well, because another human being taking his life has done this to all these people that he has no idea of.
 moonamigo
Msg: 156
What do you think of a person committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 9/7/2006 1:55:17 AM
The fact that there are so many replies to this post... says something in itself !...

I think many of us have experienced a "broken heart"... and even contemplated suicide at one time or another...

Thankfully... none of us have... because ultimately... suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem... especially that of a broken heart...
 sparticuss
Msg: 157
Posted: 9/9/2006 2:41:56 AM
Here's a really big hint for you, dear...ready? If a teenager really, honestly wants to kill themself, they are not going to talk about it much. In fact, they generally just sort of do it. If someone is crying for help, they are not liable to do it. I have known four different people that have killed/tried to kill themselves. One told numerous people and screwed up by not taking enough pills. The other three kept it to themselves and did it.\
========================================
WRAR
I have to clarify a few bits.

85% of people of all ages who intend to kill themselves do talk about it. With somebody.

Unfortunately over 90% of those who do talk about it never actually go through with it. Essentially a teenage tantrum. five years old "if I can't have that toy I'll hold my breath till I tuen blue" fifteen years old "If I can't have that boy I'll pop pills till I turn blue."

So that clouds any juudgement.
 sparticuss
Msg: 158
Posted: 9/9/2006 2:58:16 AM
She began to go downhill, partying all the time to forget everything. I know she feels a lil responsible for what happened no matter how much she tried to tell herself that she wasnt. And she CERTAINLY was not responsible, he was a weak person bottom line. We dont talk at all anymore and its been about a month now. I wish her well, no matter what she has done to me I wish her well, because another human being taking his life has done this to all these people that he has no idea of.
==========================================
Meanman

Before you post any further Google your way onto the site DIDs. Dads in Distress.

You are in for an education.
 partyonalways
Msg: 159
my opinion about commiting suicide over a broken hearth
Posted: 9/9/2006 9:09:32 PM
Dude I think that is insane.Theres a lot of woman out there who wants to be hold and looking for a guy so dont even try to think about sucide.I think broken hearth its all state of mind .cause you are feeling sorry for your self and evrytime you look in the mirror you thinking that you are a ugliest person in the world.Remember this woman doesnt look at your looks they look at you if you got money if you dont then they know .there looking for security so forget the **** and meet a new one.
 dimple dolly,
Msg: 160
Posted: 9/9/2006 9:27:52 PM
A person is Depressed.....Get them Help....Quickly.....Medication can Help..
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 161
Posted: 9/10/2006 6:59:53 PM
Unfortunately over 90% of those who do talk about it never actually go through with it. Essentially a teenage tantrum. five years old "if I can't have that toy I'll hold my breath till I tuen blue" fifteen years old

spaticuss, the word unfortunately here confuses me, are you saying you wish people WOULD kill themselves? if so, why? and if i took it wrong my apologies.

UNFORTUNATELY over 90% ???? UNFORTUNATELY????, I think/hope you meant FORTUNATELY!!
 Bingles
Msg: 162
Posted: 9/10/2006 9:53:09 PM
I think it's very romantic and everyone should do it - that way I can make it to work faster.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 163
Posted: 9/11/2006 4:19:54 AM
Ousu, I really respect and enjoy alot of your posts and you are one of the people on this site who's post i can say I consistantly enjoy and feel good about....but I have to say we do part ways on this one. I know it's someones choice in a way, but that SHOULD NOT stop US from helping that person any way we can and seeing whats wrong with them and just show the right attitude and see things correctly and respect the dignity of human live. I agree with the broken heart statment you said and it is NOT AT ALL a good reason to harm yourself in any way.

To people in general....Let me put it this way. Killing yourself is on the SAME level as killing someone else. You heard me right, it's still taking a life and that's a BIG NO NO. So those that say it is ok for someone to take their own live if they feel bad or unwanted , in effect whether they know it or not, they are also subconsciencly suggesting, that if someone else broke their heart , or gave them the heart ache, that it's ok to kill them too.?? THAT IS BEYOND LUDICRIOUS!!

ALL human life is sacred and your life is as sacred as anyone elses.!!So broken heart or anything of that sort , is NOT a reason at all, to harm yourself in any way whatsoever. Instead we who are able to help such people, SHOULD feel obligated to help them,because lets face it, if we were in their position, we (in out heart of hearts) would want and need to have someone else help us....we really would.!!!!!!!
 horseygirlclare
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2006 6:29:48 AM
my best friend commit suicide over a man. She was with this guy for 4 years and was completly loved up. He then dumped her for another women. she then found out he had slept with 4 other women since they had been together. I have lost my best friend just becoz some bloke wanted his cake and eat it too.!!
 BJohnson23
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2006 7:00:24 PM
This is the first person I've read on this post that actually "gets it" If you really are wanting to kill yourself you don't tell people about it, you just do it, and all of a sudden everyone around you is left clueless.
I wanted to kill myself for more reasons than just a broken heart once, but that was a big part of it. I hated all the people that didn't understand. I hated people who said I'd be okay some day, or that the pain would go away. I felt they didn't understand what real love was. I thought that if you can get over the love you felt then it couldn't have been real love. Real love is eternal and forever...no one got that. Now I'm still here but I'm not going to lie and say that I have gotten over it because that wouldn't be true. I've learned to live with it and not let those emotions dominate my life. Strangely, the biggest part of what stopped me was I knew that she would be completely ****ed if I killed myself over her. I couldn't do that to her.
I decided I was going to do it anyway, but I would give myself two years to live through it and see what happened. I mean, death is permanent, you can give yourself two years when you will be robbing yourself of 70. It was in those two years that I realized I couldn't do that to her and also that suicide is giving up. A battle is never lost so long as you are alive to fight. I decided I wasn't going to let love and the pain of living in an insensitive, hypercritical, self absorbed, selfish society kill me. I suggest to anyone that they decide that fighting will make you happier or at least don't act irrationally. Give yourself time and don't act out of emotion.
 ladyc4
Msg: 167
Posted: 10/30/2006 10:11:53 AM
Wow I'm not reading thru 27 pages of posts.
To the original question;

I think that would be unspeakably sad and a great tragedy. OP, if you lost someone dear to you,via suicide, I am deeply sorry.

If it is you considering such a course of action, I would tell you seek help from a professional, and/or your spiritual advisor, and whatever Higher Power is at the heart of your belief system. If you do not have a belief system, please consider that lack might well be a part of your despair. It matters not WHAT that belief system is.Believe in YOURSELF if nothing else.

Cindy O
 theshadow
Msg: 168
Posted: 11/13/2006 4:00:08 PM
Finally a good voice of reason! I have read many responces to the question and would have to say many of them would be enough to push a person to do it. Best reponce to this touchy question should be handled with compasion not down grading attacks. Easy way out is one of the worst things to say, how easy is it to make a plan to end your own life! Truely that is one of the most difficult decisions one can and will ever make. Try to understand the pain one must be going through to contemplate such an act. Further more it takes a more selfish person to concentrate on ones own happiness while in a relationship rather than devoting yourself to your partner. Remember many longterm relationships end because of one party being selfish and thinking only of themselves and not considering the others feelings.
 truelove68
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2006 2:07:58 PM
Hey everyone..... I have some wonderful news... I met a wonderful woman right here on POF and we are now living together and she really rocks my world.. It was love at first sight and I couldn't be happier.. She is beautiful,caring,and treats me with more love then I have ever known...It looks like marriage could be in our future.. I love her with all my heart and i know she loves me also... We have trust and communication together and that means alot in any relationship... Broken Hearts do heal with time and if you don't rush and give it time love will find you... Me and my ex have decided to remain friends and we get along.. I have forgiven her for what she done to me but, we both agreed we make better friends then we do a married couple.. My children are very happy to see that their Mother and myself are getting along and that I have found someone that loves me for me... I have to say Thanks to Plenty of Fish for bringing me and the love of my life together... Another Match made in Heaven and God has sent me my very own Angel....And, her name is Linda... If I would have killed myself then I wouldn't have gotten to experience the love I have now... I thank God I didn't do it..... Thanks to everyone on POF for all their thoughts on this subject.. You wouldn't believe how much it helps to know that you are not alone in how you are feeling.. And, that there is others out there that has went through the same thing and made it through it and if they can then so can I.. If you are thinking thses thoughts all I can say is don't.. With time your heart will mend and you will find a true love that is just right for you..Don't look for love let love find you....
 bigirish
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2006 2:48:45 PM
As far as suicide being "the easy way out", i call b.ullshit on that one. Its likely the most, and last decision youll ever make. And you will NEVER know what other reasons that person had, to make them do what they thought necessary. Have i thought of it? Yes, right now if you must know. But its more of a straw that broke the camels back thing. Broken hearts never cmpletely heal. You might move on, but you are going to come back and think about that person at some point or another, and the wound is open again. How long can we, as humans, keep up dealing with an open wound before it gets the best of you? 1 year? 5 years? No one knows except the person going through it. So dont be so quick to judge, saying its the easy way out. You have NO IDEA what your talking about!!!
 misticspear
Msg: 175
Posted: 12/15/2006 10:39:26 AM
im reading alot of the things people write here but it really seems some of them come from some miss understanding and insenitiveity. I personaly dealt with this problem, it is rough because when that happens the world changes. That person is everywhere but not there at all. Even the things you used to have fun doing are not even if they had nothing to do with the person you have lost,you start to sympathize with people in the same situation who have gone through it. It is the single most hardest thing for me to describe. I have sat in my garage turning my car on and off, i have been rushed to the hospital to have my stomache pumped i have had self inflicted wounds treated. And no amout temporary problems permanent soulutions speaches could get me out of it. It takes determination and knowlege of self and will to completly develop who you are. Because of that i am a diffrent person today, Completly sre of my self where i was otherwise unsure. However i had to realize that and made a clear desicion thats unbelieveable difficult.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??