Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 misticspear
Msg: 178
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??Page 8 of 63    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
im reading alot of the things people write here but it really seems some of them come from some miss understanding and insenitiveity. I personaly dealt with this problem, it is rough because when that happens the world changes. That person is everywhere but not there at all. Even the things you used to have fun doing are not even if they had nothing to do with the person you have lost,you start to sympathize with people in the same situation who have gone through it. It is the single most hardest thing for me to describe. I have sat in my garage turning my car on and off, i have been rushed to the hospital to have my stomache pumped i have had self inflicted wounds treated. And no amout temporary problems permanent soulutions speaches could get me out of it. It takes determination and knowlege of self and will to completly develop who you are. Because of that i am a diffrent person today, Completly sre of my self where i was otherwise unsure. However i had to realize that and made a clear desicion thats unbelieveable difficult.
 sweetie425
Msg: 180
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 12/26/2006 11:52:09 AM
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Life is about changes, nothing ever stays the same. We don't know what the next day may bring, it may bring something wonderful, so to end the days you have left before you find out what they may bring isn't the brightest idea in my book. You may miss out on something wonderful.
 jim53038
Msg: 181
Posted: 12/26/2006 5:39:26 PM
Commiting suicide is the most selfish act anyone can do. All you want to do is make a pont not caring how you would hurt others. No one in that state of nind should even think about dating. Get yourself to a hospital and get help.
 Herblin
Msg: 182
Posted: 12/28/2006 10:31:24 AM
I went threw a suicide phase... It was terible lol i tryed a few times but it didnt work.. Im realy suprised but If your thinking of doing it what other people say doesnt make a whole lot of difference and if your asking on a thread you might just realy need atention. But if your thinking of doing it DONT espechialy over love because you just terminated the chances lol. Keep trying Feeling nothing at all is worse then the slightest chance at emense happyness
 cherylschoice
Msg: 183
Posted: 1/1/2007 5:10:19 PM
Not to be rude but, just for your information, as a patient, the meds they give you don't make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. They can make you sick, i.e, nausea, diahrrea, headaches, etc. And they don't always work and usually if they do it takes weeks. I feel like I am dying on the inside from a failed marriage but can't and won't do anything stupid because of my young daughter. But some days it sure feels like the ONLY thing I want to do, even on the meds. Just thought you might like to know this from a mental health client's perspective and am not trying to be argumentative in any way. Cheryl
 Reel Tyme
Msg: 186
Posted: 2/7/2007 2:21:34 PM
suicide is a cowards way out. life is going to deal all of us a raw deal at times. those times makes us stonger. as for me its too many ladies out there for one to get me that ****ed up PERIOD!
"IT CAN'T RAIN ALL THE TIME!"
 onetogo35
Msg: 187
Posted: 2/15/2007 7:14:25 PM
I too hope that you're not considering this. I can understand total dismay over a broken heart. I stayed drunk for a year over my one true love (and I still seem to compare everyone else to her) I landed in a recovery home, then left there to chase her and got even more drunk. I credit my children for snapping me out of it. I wanted death, especially after losing a good job and nearly all I owned for being so drunk! This sounds crazy, but hope is always there. One has to look hard for it. There is always a reason to keep living. I had to remove my identity from her. I am me. You are you. You are your own person. No-one else should determine your identity, because if that person fails, you fall too.
Suicide is a selfish act. When hit with pain like that, the strong trudge the road into the next day. Giving up is not an option.
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 188
view profile
History
What do you think of a person committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 2/15/2007 11:46:31 PM
My ex held a rifle to his head and said he was going to kill himself because he couldn't live without me...he did this in front of our six-year-old son...need I say more??
Now it is me and my son who are suffering, from nightmares, and God knows what else... before it was all over he told our son he was going to kill me first, then himself...
And no, he didn't do it, he just wanted attention.
This is very hard for me to write, the feeling I get in my gut when I think about it...
I stayed with this man for years because I was terrified that he would carry through with his threat, until it got to the point where I had to leave, I had to put me and the children first, our safety, our sanity.
Suicide scares me, there was a part of me that thought he would do it just to spite me, how f**ked up is that?
I took away his power over me when I dialed 911, and that was the day my whole life changed, for the better.
You see, he was a coward, and a manipulator, and he is still alive, and if given half a chance he would suck me right back into his insanity.
He used his "supposed" love for me as a justification for commiting this act(which he never went through with), and effectively tied me to him, knowing I couldn't live with that on my conscience(sp?). But in the end it was all just a game, albeit a very dangerous and screwed up game.
I don't know why people do this, other than for attention, I just can't wrap my head around it. Anyone out there get it?
I apologize for the poor quality of this post, where this subject is concerned I have a very difficult time thinking clearly. Please don't judge me to harshly.
I would just like to clarify that the night he did this is the night I took the children and ran... He had threatened suicide in the past, but not to such an extreme.
 LittleMissScareAll
Msg: 190
Posted: 2/16/2007 10:24:54 AM
I've been through it so many times, I can see why one would commit suicide over it...but I've also kinda taught myself to be a bit more careless...to never let myself become too crazy over someone because there's a HUGE chance it won't work out. That helps...but I still get upset if things don't work out if it's with somebody I like.
 rhaevn67
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2007 12:25:28 PM
suicide for ANY REASON is pathetic. the opitime (however you spell it) of cowardess in my mind. no balls no brains and no friends is no reason to off yourself. you give the whole family a bad name when soemone takes their own life. its just sad in a disgusting sad way. thats all i gotta say bout that
 latefifties
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2007 2:52:43 PM
OK, first of all, with regard to a person committing suicide over a broken heart, it seems to me that person is too self centred.

Relationships end for a million reasons, but there's no way the people involved can claim surprise, or they weren't a part of the reasons the relationship ended.

My wife of 23 years asked me for a divorce. I didn't see that as a personal thing, it was the fact that over those 23 years, after raising a family, then re entering the workforce, and over many years, taking on greater and greater responsibilities, she'd become a different person to the young naive girl I'd married. I'd witnessed those changes, and had experienced similar changes myself.

Basically, she wanted her life back, and I don't blame her.

The role of a woman in a relationship is something most males would run a mile from; but I'd always been appreciative of her role and truly believed I'd done all I could to balance the load; that was, until after the divorce, when I had to run a house, hold down a job, run all those messages, pay all those bills, even little things like washing dishes, shopping for groceries, not to mention the house work and laundry and the list goes on.

I'd been a considerate husband, but far from the perfect person I was to discover I needed to be, in the 13 years following the divorce, where I lived alone and ran a business by myself.

I came to realise the huge number of things I hadn't just taken for granted, but in fact in some cases, wasn't even aware of.

With hindsight, and those 13 years alone, I was able to complete myself as a self sufficient person, gaining a full appreciation of what it really meant to "stand on my own two feet", and in doing so, gain a full appreciation of the role of a woman, save for the other huge responsibility of what it must have been like to raise two children, especially through those physically and mentally demanding years of early childhood, where my only contact was the few hours I'd see them after work. No man can claim to really know what it's like to be a woman with all that's expected of them, but I know I now have a greater idea than most.

Was I bitter when she asked for a divorce? not in the least. I've always believed if you loved someone, then you'd want them to be happy, no matter what that took. My only question at the time of the divorce was "will it make you happy?". She stated it would, and because I truly love her, I co-operated with her request.

13 years later we're still each others best friend, our children don't have any hassles in trying to cope, because all they ever see are two adults who respect each others individuality. There's never been any bitterness or behaviour to make them or anyone else feel uncomfortable, and each of us is very proud of how we got on with our lives as if nothing had changed, but have both continued to grow as people.

I think that's the key to the story here; those who contemplate any kind of drastic reaction are those who lost "control" of what they thought was a situation they in fact did "control".

There's a distinct difference between our situation and those others. We had true love and respect, not "POSSESSION AND CONTROL", our relationship was built on mutual respect and consideration.

Life is full of changes, deal with them responsibly, or consider yourself a burden on society and those who care for you. Stop your childish and self centred behaviour, grow up and get on with it, leaving everyone else to do the same.

Only good things can happen - POSITIVE THOUGHTS.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 195
Posted: 2/20/2007 3:37:15 PM
In 1991, my X asked me if I'd kill myself if he left me. I said No, I love you too much to do that. He looked downright puzzled. His girlfriend was promising him that she would if he didn't leave me. She "won" ~~

Five years later, he left her with a year old daughter. She threatened to kill herself. He said, Fine.

My brother killed himself when he was 24. It's taken the family nearly forty years to deal with it. I don't think my mother ever did.

martini_boo
Msg: 196
Posted: 2/21/2007 7:06:57 PM
Ok well this is messed up because in december i tried to kill myself by taking awhole bunch of pills because my stupid ex boyfriend dumped me by getting his mother to call the police on me to break up with me lol he's such an ***hole he also put 5 stitches in my head last year but i still loved him and do even after all this anyhow i took 18 pills was in the hospital and it really isnt a cool thing to do cause now i have permadent heart and kidney damage because i lived so if u live u have to live with the after effects and lets say things end up working out for me then im going to feel really stupid because of what i did and the damage that i did to myself over someone that isnt worth it im still fighting the thoughts of suicide but i dont want to hurt my family and if you beleive in god like i do he dosnt accept people that kill themselves so i dont want to end up in hell either hurting my family and ending up in hell hmmm i dont like that but there is karma and what goes around comes around im still waiting to see it but i do with other people i know that have done me wrong ive seen the bad stuff that happens one girl i know has herpes now hehe
 PickyProfessional
Msg: 197
Posted: 2/24/2007 11:27:28 AM
easy: suicide is forever...a broken heart isn't
 Damnprosthetichead
Msg: 198
Posted: 2/24/2007 11:30:02 PM
Just Driving, I thought your response was brilliant. You are a wise man.
 ruby2sday06
Msg: 199
Suicide-I don't really want to die...but I'm out of resources to stay alive
Posted: 4/7/2007 3:18:10 PM
“Suicide is not chosen;

it happens
when pain exceeds
resources for coping with pain.”

That’s all it’s about.

I am not a bad person,
or crazy,
or weak,
or flawed, because i feel suicidal.

It doesn’t even mean that i really want to die -

it only means that i have more pain than i can cope with right now.

If you start piling weights on my shoulders, i will eventually collapse if you add enough weights...

no matter how much i want to remain standing.

Willpower has nothing to do with it.

Of course i would cheer myself up, if you could.

If someone tells me, “that’s not enough to be suicidal about.” they are wrong

There are many kinds of pain that can lead to suicide.

Whether or not the pain is bearable may differ from person to person.

What might be bearable to someone else, may not be bearable to me.

The point at which the pain becomes unbearable depends on what kinds of coping resources you have.

Individuals vary greatly in their capacity to withstand pain.

When pain exceeds pain-coping resources, suicidal feelings are the result.

Suicide is neither wrong nor right; it is not a defect of character; it is morally neutral.

It is simply an imbalance of pain versus coping resources.

i can survive suicidal feelings if you do either of two things:
(1) find a way to reduce your pain, or
(2) find a way to increase your coping resources.
 Mr Jonsen
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2007 3:21:31 PM
WELL MY BESTFRIEND COMMITED SUICIDE TWO YEARS AGO AND HIS WIFE WAS SLEEPING WITH ANOTHER MAN IN THERE HOUSE WHILE HE WAS OUTSIDE THEY HAD THERE PROBLEMS THEY WOULD FIGHT THEN THEY WOULD BE BACK TOGETHER THEY MET YOUNG SHE WAS OLDER THEY HAD TWO KIDS HE HAD ANOTHER SON OUTSIDE THE RELATIONSHIP SHE CHEATED TO EVERYONE WAS TELLIN HIM TO LEAVE HER BUT HE COULNT BECAUSE SHE WOULD TAKE THE KIDS AWAY HE SAID HE WOULD KILL HIS SELF BEFORE AND WAS HOSPITALIZED HIS DAD WAS ON DRUGS MOM TO HE HAD SISTERS THAT WERE COOL HE DRANK ALOT HE LOST HIS JOB AND CAR AND HIS WIFE HE HUNG HISELF IN A VACANT APARTMENT NEXT DOOR TO HIS HOUSE HIS BIRTHDAY IS APRIL 13 30 YEARS OLD I MISS MY BROTHER (RIP) BIG DLO DONELLE T RUSTON SR
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??