Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr Jonsen
Msg: 201
view profile
History
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??Page 9 of 63    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
WELL MY BESTFRIEND COMMITED SUICIDE TWO YEARS AGO AND HIS WIFE WAS SLEEPING WITH ANOTHER MAN IN THERE HOUSE WHILE HE WAS OUTSIDE THEY HAD THERE PROBLEMS THEY WOULD FIGHT THEN THEY WOULD BE BACK TOGETHER THEY MET YOUNG SHE WAS OLDER THEY HAD TWO KIDS HE HAD ANOTHER SON OUTSIDE THE RELATIONSHIP SHE CHEATED TO EVERYONE WAS TELLIN HIM TO LEAVE HER BUT HE COULNT BECAUSE SHE WOULD TAKE THE KIDS AWAY HE SAID HE WOULD KILL HIS SELF BEFORE AND WAS HOSPITALIZED HIS DAD WAS ON DRUGS MOM TO HE HAD SISTERS THAT WERE COOL HE DRANK ALOT HE LOST HIS JOB AND CAR AND HIS WIFE HE HUNG HISELF IN A VACANT APARTMENT NEXT DOOR TO HIS HOUSE HIS BIRTHDAY IS APRIL 13 30 YEARS OLD I MISS MY BROTHER (RIP) BIG DLO DONELLE T RUSTON SR
 ruby2sday06
Msg: 202
HIGH HORSES??? No Doubt!!!
Posted: 4/7/2007 3:24:37 PM
THE HIGH HORSE THING...

Thank you. Obviously these people who have never tasted this poison...like to blab about things they have no clue about. It's dangerous to say the least. What you are saying can drive a person over the edge. Give them HOPE STUPID!!!! Don't add to their feelings of inadequacy. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!! If you've never been suicidal for any amount of time then you aren't qualified to speak about it. Know your limitations. If you became responsible for someone's death because you ran your mouth...I guarantee you would change your tune...if you even recognized that you were ultimately responsible for pushing themoff the edge. WAKE UP!!! and be nice to your fellow human beings.
 ruby2sday06
Msg: 203
What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 4/7/2007 3:26:19 PM
Shut your trap, ADVENTURE-mouse.

You have no business saying what is and isn't selfish. YOU are the epitomy of self-centered egotistical SELFISHNESS. THINK! before you talk STUPID!!!
 real deal 4u
Msg: 204
Posted: 4/8/2007 7:39:44 PM
What about the loss of a child. I cannot personally think of any greater pain then loosing your own child. As I lost my daughter almost one year ago today. Would it make it better and easier for my family and friends if I were to off myself so I could go be with my daughter. All's I can say is I'm learning time heals slowly. Nobody said life was going to be easy. Here's to my and my broken heart. I'm still here and I'm still fighting.
 janedoexyz
Msg: 205
Posted: 4/8/2007 8:13:06 PM
My ex-boyfriend committed suicide. It may have been a coincidence that he did it after I chased him all over the internet to hang him after he repeatedly used our son's identity. I can't say if he was heart broken. Possibly. Every phone call from him was not to talk to our son. He wanted to talk to me. I had to force the ex-boyfriend to talk to our son. Ex-boyfriend quickly turned his conversation with the boy over to me. He always had the same line. He'll pay child support if I let him see his son, and this is what he told our son. The man didn't get my point that he can see the boy without paying child support. I told him this year after year of his phone calls. It was ridiculous of me to speak to this guy when he clearly didn't want to get it. I only played the game in hopes that my son would someday see that I wasn't withholding visitation. It was that his dad wasn't following through.

Big mistake on my part. All my boy remembers is his dads repeated words about the visitation and child support, without the understanding that our State courts grant visitation with/without child support.

I didn't care about the child support. I only wanted my son to have a positive male figure in his life. His father would have been the best because his father loved him despite our boy's hyperactivity. I never got the chance to say this to his dad because the dad was too busy trying to manipulate me. Trying to get me to go around the courts so he could steal the boy to hurt me. And to keep me busy trying to get the boy back. Cause that is what he did the time I let the boy see his dad out-of-state.

I had to deal with explaining to my young son why his dad died. I tried to glorify his dad because I know that his dad loved him. I didn't try to hid that his dad was screwed up, because that is the reason he couldn't be the dad that he should have been. He didn't mean to be a bad dad, he just couldn't be a good one.

Where do I teach the boy from there?
 janedoexyz
Msg: 206
Posted: 4/8/2007 8:38:55 PM
pohaku_27

Not over a broken heart, but over broken dreams.

We all get the broken dreams, life didn't turn out as expected. I never understood where material things, or a loss of job could downfall our life. I only understood the loss of love of loved ones such as family members as turning a downfall in our life.

I see you think differently as the loss of dreams is more important.

It's curious how we all hold what is important.
 jules1960
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2007 7:25:19 AM
sorry muskoqeegirl but i'm gonna disagree with you....it takes alot of guts to carry on,but equally it takes alot to end it all.....someone close to me hung himself....no one knows the reason why,up until then i never had any respect for him.....now i have......he wasnt doing it for attention,he meant business and made sure he wouldnt be found until it was too late.....that takes bottle.....i dont think for one minute he saw it as an easy way out....more like the only way out!!
 LBDD
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2007 5:06:21 PM
If a person commits sucide over a broken heart believe me, there was a lot more going on than having had a break up. No one committs sucide over one thing going wrong.
 sand2sno
Msg: 209
Posted: 4/9/2007 5:21:19 PM
I think that suicide is for the weak. A broken heart hurts............no kidding, but why give up the beauty of life over someone who is not in love with you? Some may say this is an insensitive comment, but there is so much out there to see and to appreciate......the beauty of the world never goes away.............the pain of a broken heart does!
 harleydawg
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2007 7:12:46 PM
Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! If thats were your mind and emotions takes you, you dont belong in a relationship ....... you need to seek counciling! God Bless and Save thoses who think that way.
 ruby2sday06
Msg: 212
I Will Die For You... Robin Hood ---JD--You Are Right
Posted: 4/22/2007 2:57:57 PM
"The best revenge is to go on with your life, don't let them see you cry. And find what you know they won't. Even if it takes the rest of your life to do it." JD

streelcowboy59...you are right...but it still takes knowing you are worth something. Alot of people don't know they are worth fighting for. No one ever told us that we have fight for ourselves.

We have to be our own hero.

Say these words to yourself
while looking in the mirror and
mean them.
Get mad that no one else is there to say it to you...
and get sad that no one ever will.
and get real with yourself for the first time ever.

You are the only one who can or will be your hero. I think these are words from God Himself.

Theme From Robin Hood-

Look into my eyes
And you will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart
Search your soul

And when you find me there you'll search no more

Don't tell me its not worth trying for
Can't tell me its not worth dying for
You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you

Look into your heart
And you will find
There's nothing there to hide
Take me as I am
Take my life
I will give it all
I will sacrifice

And don't tell me its not worth fighting for
Can't tell me there's nothing I want more
You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you

I have comitted suicide a thousand times...in my mind. I am working on this new thing...loving myself. Putting faith in ME first. I hope I can be around to tell you how it went. I really don't want to die. I want to live. But don't know how.
 ruby2sday06
Msg: 213
EX's emailing about suicide is your fault. HOAX but SERIOUS
Posted: 4/22/2007 3:16:55 PM
It's quite common to get a letter like this. Unless you know for a fact that he comitted suicide, I would call the authorities and find out for sure. He may have written it himself. I've heard of people doing this to get back at those who broke up with them. It's quite common actually. It's not to be taken lightly.

It's another way to get some power back into your life...by stealing it from others. I'm glad it altered the way you treat people but don;t let it define you or you will end up in the same place he did. We have to fight for ourselves. and to keep ourselves defined by ourselves and no one else.

I am good.
I am worth fighting for.

These are words that are alien to me but I am working on it and it is actually starting to sound good. I am becoming my own warrior.

Robin
 ruby2sday06
Msg: 214
Walk in our shoes!
Posted: 4/24/2007 5:26:32 PM
Thank you. Nicely said. There is nothing left to say. Thank you.
 ruby2sday06
Msg: 215
LionTamer
Posted: 4/24/2007 5:31:12 PM
Nice thoughts but a bit much on the Rosey Glasses I think. I'm 49...This has been going on all my life. I think it might be a little more than the guy in the red suit trying to take me down. I was not created to be a martyr. Enough is enough.
 Namaste...
Msg: 216
Posted: 4/25/2007 9:18:47 AM
It would be reflexion of the deep pain but when one loves...one shall never give so much as to give in exccess so that you loose part of YOU...to contemplate suicide reflects anger and self harm...why would anyone do this negative action...out of love?

One must first LOVE oneself in order to be capable of loving others.
If someone is in this situatuion please get help!!
We all need help somethime or another.

You are irreplacesable beacause you are YOU!!!

Manon
 Kramer111
Msg: 217
Posted: 4/25/2007 9:42:39 AM
its very sad..and its a wake up call to be supportive.
 CrystallineSunshine
Msg: 218
Posted: 4/25/2007 10:12:29 AM
First of all... **HUG**

The reason behind a suicide, is always much deeper that just a broken heart. Sadly... this is the field I work in, and I have seen it few times. One of my own friends killed herself when I was 13, and to this day I don't understand and wind up frustrated and upset just thinking about it all.

As of late, this is what I've been giving people who find themselves faced with such a tragedy...

halfofus.com ::

:: Unexpected tragedies, like the devastating shooting rampage at Virginia Tech, can be overwhelming and take a serious emotional toll on everyone, even those who weren’t injured or don’t live in the area. This page contains links to information on common reactions to traumatic situations, coping techniques and advice on when you or a friend should reach out for help.

For individuals struggling with existing mental health issues, disasters and tragedies can have a dangerous affect on their emotions and behavior. Take a minute to learn more about mental health disorders by exploring this site. If you or someone you know are in crisis or seem suicidal, call 9-1-1 or The National Suicide Prevention Helpline at 1-800-273-TALK.

**HUG**
 Man.of.Adventure
Msg: 219
Posted: 4/26/2007 10:12:36 AM
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 220
Posted: 4/26/2007 10:43:17 AM
Well Its not a good idea because the fact that this person is trying to end their life over a bad relationship & a broken heart makes them feel the other person that broke their heart has won for making them feel like crap or sorry for themselves.

I have gone through several broken hearts & the worst one of all is a BROKEN HEART of not being to have kids of my own EVER but I was determined to prove to all the men that broke my heart from failed relationships to broken engagements to cheaters and so on.... I proven to move on and meet new people and start over by exploring what is out in the world.

There is other men/women out there that is looking for love & a good people to love and care for them ending your life whoever you are asking for this advice he/she needs to pick herself/himself up and be determined that there is hope in finding love all over again.... Trust me I have gone through BROKEN HEARTS as I mentioned there is always Someone for everyone TRUST ME On that.....
 Tex4806
Msg: 221
Posted: 4/26/2007 11:27:08 AM
I read your comments. I am one who can tell you from a first hand experience YOU are so much in the dark and feeding bullshit to everyone. You have not begain to look beneth the surface at the root of the broblem. MORON it is not because of a broken heart, it is much more. Study, learn, experience then post information that is some what close to the problem. YOU missed it!!!
 ruby2sday06
Msg: 222
Small Town Girl
Posted: 4/26/2007 3:56:52 PM
Thank you. It takes one who has been there to have the vision and the roadmoap through death valley. No one else can possibly know what it is like to be hated for being sick. To have no control and no way to hide it. To look weak is to be vulnerable to this type of misery and judgement. We are by no means 'weak' we just look like it because we've run out of resources and have stopped pretending.
 ruby2sday06
Msg: 223
Hauntings
Posted: 4/26/2007 4:00:17 PM
He isn't worth your breath. Believe me. I still have the hauntings too....from the 70's...believe it.

But I talk myself up everyday ./ Someday maybe I'll believe myself that if he didn't want me then, he is the loser. Y'think?
 robfish
Msg: 224
Posted: 5/4/2007 9:28:41 AM
Selfishness?? Oh puhleeeeeeease! You won't truly understand the concept of suicide until you have been there, at the point where you feel there is nowhere to turn, no light at the end of the tunnel and you just want to go to sleep one day and never wake up. If your opinion on this is that suicide is selfish then isn't it selfish of you to expect someone who is suicidal to continue being miserable just to make you happy???

To get back on topic I think its understandable that someone would commit suicide over a broken heart, losing someone you love can be unbearable . Its sad to think that some people would resort to such extreme measures but even I have had weak moments in the past where I wondered "whats the point?" and didn't see anything meaningful to live on for......particularly after losing my gf to leukaemia a few years ago. Life does go on though and true strength lies within those people that can pick themselves up after hitting rock bottom.
 ItsaKelticthing
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 9:46:36 AM
Well it certainly ruins the possibility of reconciliation. And HE still gets your girl!
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??