Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > salvador dali      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RalGash
Msg: 76
view profile
History
any salvador dali fansPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Who was first on the scene with surealism, Dali or Bacon?

I like both.
 NotMeMe
Msg: 77
any salvador dali fans
Posted: 4/27/2006 4:24:17 PM
I love Paranoic Critical Solitude and Of Paranoiac Critical Town just for the feelings they invoke. I think Raphaelaeque Head Exploding is one of his finest works, and Le Visage de la Guerre will haunt my dreams for years to come...
But as for Dali? He is a powerful, original master of modern art.
 mallakka
Msg: 78
salvador dali
Posted: 5/10/2006 2:21:29 PM
These Dali Movies ROCK ---

Un Chien Andalou (1929).
The famous surrealistic movie by:
Director: Luis Buñuel & Producers: Salvador Dalí and Luis Buñuel

and

Destino (1946)
Dali's Disney Film 'Destino' Project, Abandoned in 1946, Brought to Life Again in 2002

In 1946, Salvador Dali and Walt Disney planned a cartoon together. But the short subject Destino was left unfinished after Disney and its partner, RKO, decided it probably wouldn't make any money. Also Disney and Dali were at odds with each other as to who was the
creative authority. Dali departs Disney Studios and the project silenced for more than 50 years. And just a few short years ago Disney's nephew Roy Disney, who now heads the company's animation division, decided to revive the project.
Destino is a six-minute film set to a Mexican song, devoid of dialogue and without a clear story line. It follows a dark-eyed ballerina on a journey among strange objects through a desert landscape in a dreamlike atmosphere. Much in the same manner as Fatasia

also the Hollogram of Alice Coopers Brain !
 crabstuffing
Msg: 79
salvador dali
Posted: 5/12/2006 8:58:36 PM
Thank you Bajajohn for post# 57. Awesome, I did NOT know that about Gala.
 Pandy
Msg: 80
Salvador Dali Man, Myth, Madness and Genius---
Posted: 5/13/2006 12:43:50 AM

Pandy ,, as a pistol packing MOD I am careful in what I say

never fear , John... anytime a moderator is in a debate and there is questionable content on that thread, a second moderator is always asked to make the calls to preserve objectivity.
I'd never ban anyone I was debating (even if they WERE breaking rules).

....and I'll keep the magnum safely tucked away
I enjoy debating with someone as knowledgeable as you, even if we sometimes disagree.
 shopboyinsd
Msg: 81
view profile
History
surrealsim kicks ass
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:58:55 PM
well dali is my favorite, i love man ray also, still haven't decided what pic to get but i do enjoy dream caused by the flight of a bee ... just finshed reading art book about rene magritte, also finished reading art by edward hopper. i did read multiple books about dali, he is surrealism, a outcast in a way, i give him props for doing what he wanted too, even though he did admire hitler
 shopboyinsd
Msg: 82
view profile
History
any salvador dali fans
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:59:44 PM
it was dali, but i do like francis bacon also, he rocks
 Stonestongue
Msg: 83
any salvador dali fans
Posted: 6/20/2006 8:53:52 PM
The only guy to ever Freak Out Alice Cooper. I think I especially love (I think it's called) "Swans Reflecting Elephants" If you look at the picture like a clock, then at about 9:30, you can see Dali standing there with his hands in his pockets at a side view. It's so cool. Very trippy dude, indeed!
 meme1953khaki
Msg: 84
salvador dali
Posted: 6/24/2006 7:36:00 AM
When I was in high school I was introduced to Dali. The dripping clocks was the first but of his work that I have seen the painting of Christ on the Cross touches my heart. Have not done much research on him but this has given me food for thought. Thank you.
 pacifico
Msg: 85
salvador dali
Posted: 8/14/2006 6:50:45 AM
I wish this thread can be kept alive ,,,,,,,,,
Seems that Bajajohn was removed from forums
and since then this thread and wonderful contributions
have since vanished ... As we might wait for his suspension
to be lifted I hope others will take charge and write on Dali ..

Of my favorite paintings from Dali--
Discovery of America by Christopher Columbus
Eggs on a plate without a plate
The Disappearing bust of Vlotaire and
The Geoploiticus Child

Viva Dali

balletdancer
Msg: 86
salvador dali
Posted: 8/14/2006 10:55:33 AM
I love Dali, he used to do lectures in an underwater diving suit. crazy. shame he got ripped off in the end by some buisnessman who took all his money.
 balletdancer
Msg: 87
salvador dali
Posted: 8/15/2006 1:00:08 PM
addictedtochoas i would not take too much notice of what people write when they are too critical, its the name of the game when you give an opinion and if i were you i would not take it personally, these people do not know you or me i have been criticized quite often when i give an opinion on some forums and sometimes i think some people just want to feed their own ego,s. because it makes them feel superior, sometimes they have a genuine reason so don,t take offence.
 hoopdwalawala
Msg: 88
view profile
History
salvador dali
Posted: 8/15/2006 9:41:14 PM
While we're on the subject of Surrealism...check out the outer workings of the inner madness of Heironymous Bosch.
 manx182
Msg: 89
salvador dali
Posted: 8/17/2006 2:13:24 AM
Don't ever choose to study him.

He is cool.

But don't study
 Spelly
Msg: 90
salvador dali
Posted: 8/17/2006 5:19:23 AM
In grade three, my class to a trip to the Beaverbrook Art Gallery. While the rest of the class was wandering around looking at some sort of stuffed animal display, I stood in front of Dali's Santiago El Grande ~ completely transfixed. (The gallery actually owns the painting ~ not sure how that happened). It was the first piece of art that really hit me and spoke to small corners in myself that only art speaks to. I've been back to see it several times and it still has the same effect. My housemate had to drag me away this summer when we'd gone to see the Rodin exhibit.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here ~ kinda skimmed the posts ~ but Dali also did an amazing Tarot set. Not to my liking for proper use, but I'd still love to have the set ~ when I can afford it. A friend got it for Yule some 10 years ago and it was over $100 then....
 jeasum-myo
Msg: 91
salvador dali
Posted: 8/17/2006 7:29:33 AM
Go Salvador! I recall getting turned on to him in High School > he was and still is an inspiration to me..
 CandyxxxBabe
Msg: 92
salvador dali
Posted: 8/19/2006 7:07:26 AM
I love his paintings they r soo unique and creative.
 hendrix_rules
Msg: 93
salvador dali
Posted: 8/20/2006 8:21:42 AM
dali did some prety cool stuff. youd think the man was eating acid or something, but no! he was just a genious.
 junipermoon
Msg: 94
view profile
History
salvador dali
Posted: 11/2/2006 12:34:52 PM
^^^ it was the absinthe, which, if you've never tried it, well....
 Vancer
Msg: 95
salvador dali
Posted: 11/4/2006 2:04:36 AM
Absinthe makes the heart grow whackier.
 Tasrae
Msg: 96
salvador dali
Posted: 11/4/2006 9:44:28 PM
Got to go to the Dali museum in St. Pete's last time I was in Florida. I was in heaven. It was incredible. It was the reason I went the Gulf Coast way instead the East Coast way that I usually go. Well worth it. I want to go back.
 junipermoon
Msg: 97
view profile
History
salvador dali
Posted: 11/5/2006 6:01:48 AM
i went to the dali museum in figueres outside of barcelona. got to see the raining cadillac and the wax 'last supper.' most everything came from his later work. he designed that museum himself, apparently.

dali afficianados should definitely check it out.
 amore_vita
Msg: 98
salvador dali
Posted: 3/10/2007 5:18:09 AM
The Oil Painting of the Last Supper

is at the National Galleries in Washington DC

It is a wonderful gift of Mr Chester Dale

He also gave the Corpus Hypercubus to the Metropiltan Museum of Art in NYC..

these are part of a series of paintings called MASTERWORKS

( a Masterwork is defined as : A painting that measures over 5 feet in any one direction and intellectually consumes the Artist from concept to comepltion for more than one year ---- some were nearly two year projects )

part of 18 paintings done over a 21 year period...

both the above are from the first 5 where Dali is consumed with Christianity...

AT this time March 2007 - June 2007

the Dali Museum has a special exhibit on The Spanish Baroque ...

many of the works that insipre DALI,,,

Velasquez .......... is the main focus amazing to see both Masters side by side.............
 ThePoolguy
Msg: 99
salvador dali
Posted: 3/13/2007 2:08:52 AM
Major Dali fan here as well. If you like his stuff you'll probably like M.C. Escher as well, some rather funky work that I really love.

Todd
 amore_vita
Msg: 100
salvador dali
Posted: 3/13/2007 5:01:21 AM
M.C. Escher is great !
I have researched for hours looking for the connection
between Dali and Escher --
None existed ............
I had thought (wished) that given
both lived at the same times and in relatively the
same part of Europe that they had some contact...
Dali never mentioned Escher as an artist or inspiration
as he was very prolific in writings and word -- this was a sad discovery...
However - I need to believe that BOTH were aware of each others work
the time line , and metamorphic similarities are too close

VIVA -- Dali & Escher
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > salvador dali