Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tiasahmmmn
Msg: 109
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

If I can SEE the white foundation on your skin, YOU'RE WEARING TOO MUCH.

Sounds like the wrong shade applied. Where the colour is eerily dissimilar from the natural colour of the neck. I've probably been guilty of this. One woman wearing heavily applied bright make-up during the day together with a body-hugging black dress I immediately assumed had to be a prostitute from the local brothel. Could think of no other explanation.
 ThickCurvyCutie
Msg: 110
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????
Posted: 1/21/2011 10:58:05 PM
I have a co-worker who wears tons of makeup, and it does think it ages her. When she wears less she, her beauty shines better. I wear it once in a great while but the majority of the time no. Even in all my photos that I have on except for 1, I have no make up on at all.
 eurosteve
Msg: 111
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????
Posted: 1/26/2011 1:56:31 AM
I love a woman with absolutely no make-up at all. I am all about natural looks and beauty, I dont like makeup as I think it makes them look fake.

With that being said a few women do really need it!

LOL
 FoghrnLeghorn
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/29/2011 1:12:05 PM
Natural for me, when it comes to make-up less is more.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/29/2011 2:33:40 PM
I wear little make-up. Just enough to accentuate the positive!
 valenciacityx
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/19/2011 2:35:30 PM
I am a sucker for a raspberry or mocha lip gloss.... only because of the hint of flavor during kissing

natural is better. I prefer that I need not wash my pillow case in the morning because it has all your face paint on it. And a true beauty looks great without it.

It is what we did with cars as kids, bondo and a fresh coat of cheap paint, hides all the sins, attracts a buyer that would have passed it by other wise and off to the bank with the profit. Thanks MAACO
if a girl is similarly spackelled with foundation and make up accents, it immediately makes me question the true condition of said equipment.
 northwildwoodnjman1969
Msg: 115
Posted: 2/20/2011 4:53:40 PM
defently the natural look for me
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2011 10:12:57 AM

Therefore most have only worn make up for the reason it SHOULD BE.

that is- only as an enhancement.

an enhancement to their own natural color and to the outfit they are choosing to wear that night.

I just dont' do war paint girls any longer. Its just not sexy.

I used to wear makeup, foundation and blush mostly. When I was a teenager even eyeshadow and painted my nails too. I don't use any now except lip gloss and maybe under eye concealer. My niece who is in her early 20's thinks she has to have it caked on to go some where. In my opinion, she looks better just natural without any.

I am a sucker for a raspberry or mocha lip gloss.... only because of the hint of flavor during kissing

My boyfriend likes me to wear flavored lip gloss too so he can steal it during kissing.
 bodypro8ra
Msg: 117
Posted: 2/21/2011 4:07:05 PM
I like em to look like flesh and blood Kewpie dolls.
 happybunny8
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/21/2011 4:30:38 PM
I dissagree with most that say the natural look is good .. if you saw my face bare you wouldnt be saying that

Yup. Over the last few years I have developed red parts all over my face. It looks like I am an alcoholic my nose is so red.

I used to wear minimal makeup - just a bit of enhancement. Just a bit of cover-up, blush and lip gloss. Once in a while, I'd do my eyes. I always hated a ton of makeup and never bowed to peer pressure about it either.

When someone doesn't have good skin, it is hard to go out "natural". Men keep saying that they like the natural look. What they should really say is "I like women with good skin.

I still refuse to pack on a ton of makeup, but when I look at pictures of myself, I don`t like how I look. The red spots are noticeable and it looks ugly and since I`m very pale, they really show up. I have always wanted to have a darker complexion even though there are plenty of men who like pale women.

I`ve seen pics of people with bad or oily or blotchy skin and it has changed the attractiveness level of the picture just as much as someone with tons of makeup would be unattractive.

As for whether this means you are confident or not, I don`t really know. I just knew at 15 that the bright blue eyeshadow looked really bad, as did a ton of blush. Whether that means I was confident I don`t know. I think I`ve always just not wanted to be part of a group.....
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 119
Posted: 2/22/2011 3:46:08 AM
^^^^^ Those celebrities don't just have make-up....they have airbrush artists and PhotoShop artists doing further manipulations.... years ago I did the photography for my (now ex) wife company for their employee album. Everyone was bowed by my photography skills...saying that was the best picture they had ever had taken.... I didn't have the heart to tell them that it was my RETOUCHING skills NOT my photography skills that removed yellow teeth, blemishes, crows feet and widened their pupils!
 happybunny8
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/22/2011 11:12:21 AM
^^^hahaha, well remember Holly, we are all in competition now because we are all getting old and we have to fight off the young ones according to these wiser older men
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 121
Posted: 2/22/2011 1:47:32 PM
^^^^^^ Ha Ha laugh if you want! It's true though! Don't worry, the guys who couldn't get dates/laid in high school or college will still bend over (barely, if they CAN!) backwards for you... BUT WAIT! You are too shallow to have to date those guys!
The guys, you want ARE capable of dating younger women! You know, the ones who look good with moderate make-up ...and just as good with none!
 happybunny8
Msg: 122
Posted: 2/22/2011 2:39:58 PM

Don't worry, the guys who couldn't get dates/laid in high school or college will still bend over (barely, if they CAN!) backwards for you... BUT WAIT! You are too shallow to have to date those guys!

Um actually I hung out with three of those "guys" and they are very attractive now and rich. I've known them since I was 14. And I dated two of them. I am more apt to date a guy who couldn't get a date in high school vs. a guy who got all the girls.

And I'm actually "too shallow" to date anyone at this point in time so any "guys I want" are probably out dating all kinds of other women anyway; however I think you missed the sarcasm in my post.
 tanzkity11
Msg: 123
Posted: 2/24/2011 9:42:29 AM
Makeup is suppose to enhance your appearnce....any man who says they want natural beauty but are drolling over playboy are full of it....and even worse I hate women who think walking out with no make up is attractive they are delusional...make up is suppose to make a womn polished...if you as a woman take time to wax,do pedis and mani then damn it dont half ass....it makes no sense to me...AND ALL WOMEN NEED MAKE UP in my book....
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2011 2:39:10 PM

I agree with this part. Women in magazines, movies, etc., are not 'natural' in the sense they are not wearing make up and not enhanced in a number of ways: they are basically glamorized. However, I disagree that all women need makeup and going out without makeup is unattractive.

I've had more than one guy tell me I don't need make up. I rarely wear any and yet the guys still find me attractive. I even had one friend who thought I was wearing make up in a photo on a social networking site and almost seemed upset with me over it.lol It was just the lighting but he told me why are you wearing makeup, you look like a China Doll.
 sexyisback!
Msg: 125
Posted: 2/24/2011 3:12:30 PM

Makeup is suppose to enhance your appearnce....any man who says they want natural beauty but are drolling over playboy are full of it....and even worse I hate women who think walking out with no make up is attractive they are delusional...make up is suppose to make a womn polished...if you as a woman take time to wax,do pedis and mani then damn it dont half ass....it makes no sense to me...AND ALL WOMEN NEED MAKE UP in my book....

Um, since it is a 2-way street, man attracted to woman, and woman attracted to man.

Then why don't MEN "need" makeup as well?

I realize that SOME DO wear makeup but it's still a small minority..at least around where I live.

The "pretty boys" in movies, rock stars, TV shows, and magazines that many women 'drool' over.. ARE made -up and plucked & primped & etc., etc..
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 126
Posted: 2/24/2011 4:55:47 PM
You guys are mistaking the difference between A LOT (Not ALOT.) of make-up and the natural LOOK! Now, some women know how to put on make-up so that it LOOKS natural....that is what most guys prefer. I certainly don't like the Tammy Faye, raccoon face or the paint by number look!

I can only go by pictures, but it looks like there's only one or two people in these forums that put on so much they look like a clown....very tough to take anything they say as serious with that look!

Most here seem to be going for the NATURAL LOOK.
 tanzkity11
Msg: 127
Posted: 2/24/2011 6:34:18 PM

Um, since it is a 2-way street, man attracted to woman, and woman attracted to man.

Then why don't MEN "need" makeup as well?

I realize that SOME DO wear makeup but it's still a small minority..at least around where I live.

The "pretty boys" in movies, rock stars, TV shows, and magazines that many women 'drool' over.. ARE made -up and plucked & primped & etc., etc.

I think because most women want a man's man not a girly man but hey if you want to put makeup on do you.............
 femaleconnection
Msg: 128
Posted: 2/26/2011 6:36:15 AM
Lots of any one thing is not good.

I wear a little makeup everyday, I like to do it. I took cosmotology and learned how to use it nicely. I use earth tones and keep it pretty muted.

I dont think anyone 'likes' that heavily, obvously painted face but it is such a touchy subject, we dont say much to the person who is over indulging...some guys will tolerate it and the mess it comes with,(too much foundation, hugs it rubs off, pillow cases it rubs off, scarves and such get stained) and some wont. To each the own.
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 129
Posted: 2/26/2011 2:53:57 PM
My daughter just gave me some of the make up she wasnt using and I have to admit I look pretty nice with it on. Do I would I wear it everyday? Maybe a little only cause it is an ego boost at 46 to feel prettier. Im not one to usually care but as of late Im discovering iits kinda nice :)
 sweetlikesugarcane
Msg: 130
Posted: 3/1/2011 7:49:00 PM
I can't imagine wearing makeup everyday. It would drive me crazy. I enjoy the natural look on myself.

But, I notice that when I go out, if I am wearing dramatic makeup, I get a ton more attention. So, men are lying when they say they don't like heavy makeup.

The only exception is within a relationship. I notice that men tend to prefer the natural look after we have been dating for a while. But not in the early stages.
 majyk1
Msg: 131
Posted: 3/3/2011 5:36:45 PM
I look like shyt without make-up but I do wear SOME on occasion. 97% of the time I don't.
I simply don't have the time or the patience to put it on and I figure if people don't like me the way I am....tough shyt, as long as I like me!!
On the plus side my skin won't be all jacked up when I'm 60
 FyrKrakn
Msg: 132
Posted: 3/5/2011 2:21:20 PM
I have great skin. I nearly never get a compliment when I wear make-up but without, people lean in close and gush. I actually tend to wear make-up to avoid that kind of interaction.

I feel prettier with a little on. I feel ridiculous with a lot on. I've had loves who felt more respected and appreciated by me if I made the effort to put some on before we went out, not because they preferred me that way, but because my natural face sent the message that I did not care much about the date or the person I was dating.... it was a public perception they were concerned with. I understood it, but if they were showing up for the date in a t shirt and carpenter's jeans and mandals, well, how much dressy was a mutual respect required of me?

So I do my for me and MY comfort and desires. For my job, not usually even a little make-up. It's not the usual job for a woman and I often look like hell at the end of a shift, anyway. Make-up is something I would find myself washing up around lunchtime at 3 am. When I worked at night, I often showed up for work after having been out elsewhere and still a little made-up. I guess some people took it wrong and when I moved to an EARLY day schedule, they interjected a lot of meaning to me showing up with a new partner and no make-up..... well, I get up at 3 am now, so I have no make-up on because I would have to take the time to put it on for work. Not gonna happen. It's not about being sexy or not in this case. It did surprise me how much meaning others placed in my eyeliner, though.
 tanzkity11
Msg: 133
Posted: 3/26/2011 6:24:25 PM
Lol orange look thats so true.............some women do take it overboard for real........
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >