Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BEANEE01
Msg: 101
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????Page 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I'm finding most guys like natural, unless it comes to the bedroom - then they really want lots of eye make up so it runs...
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 102
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????
Posted: 11/10/2010 1:11:24 PM
The skin, or canvas, so to speak must be looked after. Make-up can only look good on well kept skin.

I wear little make-up and only when I do go out. Just enough to enhance my eyes, lips and high cheekbones.

I am bless with good skin.
 Just_Jay79
Msg: 103
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????
Posted: 11/10/2010 1:37:51 PM
As little as possible please, I prefer Au Naturel whenever it's available.

My current girlfriend usually doesn't wear any, except if we go out on the town, and then it's only eye-liner/shadow and/or lip gloss (I don't count nail painting as there's no deception there as to her features).

She likes how it makes her look; I personally don't mind either way, so long as she fits her clothes well (and looks good naked ).
 newwrldordr
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/10/2010 8:35:42 PM
Nautual or slight hints of color.... fresh looks more appealing.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/12/2010 10:36:15 AM
Since I hate reality with a fierce passion I say bring on the makeup! I adore pretending. Trust me I've seen some (very small number of) women without any face adorations and I almost for a second wanted to interact with her human to human without sex being on my mind simultaneously. It was truly a terrifying and bizarre experience and I'm reliving that pain just by recollecting it. I need women to sexualize themselves through dress and makeup because that's really the only thing I would ever find interesting about them and would not engage them otherwise.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 106
Posted: 11/13/2010 2:53:39 AM
I remember the T-shirt that looked like the dropcloth from a Gallagher show... it read: "I ran into Tammy Faye at the mall!"

Yeah, the natural look...no matter how much make-up that takes!
 SouthBayNative
Msg: 107
Posted: 11/13/2010 7:28:05 AM
Except that over 45 you lose your eyelashes but not your mustache. Why is that? Life is so unfair.
 cenomeno
Msg: 108
Posted: 11/15/2010 7:28:00 AM
some men like fake things.....

fake life, fake friends, fake women..... lotsa make up and big silicon melons....

good thing I am not one of those men.

How sad and pathetic it is that you know you're ugly and trying to cover it with bunch of face coloring...
 Hands of gold
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2010 9:57:35 AM
When the make up is thick, I find it a turn off. When women look done up all the time, from going to work, going to the store or walking the dog, I find it a turn off. It says to me that you are not comfortable in your own skin, no matter how it looks.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love it when a women is all done up for a special occasion with a pretty dress and done up hair and makeup. But when they have to face everyday like they are going to a wedding or to a grand ball, then it is too much.

However, subtle eyeliner, mascara or eye shadow is not over done on a daily basis and to me is acceptable. But for my woman, I love the confidence of leaving the house with no makeup, and carrying herself with the same composure as being done up.

Loula, I think you are pretty and your skin looks nice in your pictures. You are too hard on yourself.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/20/2010 10:59:37 AM
Did anyone else see the Chris Rock bit on women and make up/dress etc? He makes an excellent point that I'm sure many women will gloss over and ignore. Oh well.....
 sexyisback!
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/20/2010 12:39:27 PM
it depends on the woman

a truly beautiful one doesn't need a lot of makeup and looks awesome without it

but some really do need the help, I've seen women I thought were beautiful all dolled up, without it, totally different, like their ugly sister lol
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/20/2010 1:02:18 PM
I've never cared for tons of make-up. Less is always best IMO.

Anything over done is not appealing, time-consuming and expensive (depending on what brand(s) you use). I'd rather spend more time/money on keeping my skin healthy.

Natural is good if in the gym, participating in a sports or the beach/pool. More when going out for the evening and you have to knock down a few notches when you are applying for day time.

I think the mistake that many do is not picking the right colors for the color of their complexion, and that is when they look like clowns/overdone.
 sweetness-one
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2010 2:41:47 PM
Make-up is supposed to enhance, not detract. So I guess I'd say anything that detracts rather than enhances would be "too much". As Sabrosura said as well, make-up should also be appropriate for the occasion and time of day. It's supposed to blend, not stand out like warpaint after all, and ideally one isn't supposed to be able to tell that the wearer is wearing it in the first place. A bit more colour on the lips and perhaps eyes for evening events, but overall the effect is supposed to appear close to natural, with colour tones that are appropriate for the individual.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2010 3:03:30 PM
Every time I hear something about makeup, I think of the time 20 yrs. ago that Tammy Faye Baker walked in my jewelry store. She scared the sh*t out of me.....looked like two tarantulas and a big strawberry sitting on a cream pie.
 coffeeguy842
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/23/2010 2:31:12 PM
I think the natural look is better.
 lostintheshufle
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/23/2010 7:55:34 PM
I vote natural look! I'm finding it to be rare now.
 milklover
Msg: 117
Posted: 11/28/2010 11:07:33 AM
I hate seeing a lot of makeup on a woman, just like I hate when women wear pushup bras. It's called false advertisement. A woman looks better to me without the makeup anyway, for the same reason a woman with no tats looks better to me. I find a woman's skin to be more attractive than makeup or ink. A little makeup is absolutely fine, and can compliment the woman. A few tats are fine as well. Too far with either, and it's a huge turn off for me.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/28/2010 1:40:33 PM
The natural 'look' and then actually natural are 2 different things. Great potential for miscommunication there.
 MisterDynomite
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2010 7:39:57 PM

for the same reason a woman with no tats looks better to me. I find a woman's skin to be more attractive than makeup or ink.

I agree with this. Tattoo's are a huge no no in my books.

Plus, if she looks good with no make up then why bury herself in make up?

Ascendant
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/1/2010 2:20:49 PM
ok, i only looked at a handful of posts, but notice most the men are saying little to no make-up is better, and the women are encouraging the make-up more-so than the men. despite what many younger women think, men do not particularly like make-up.

though make-up can accentuate certain things about a woman, it all depends on the color and shade, what needs to be accentuated to increase attraction, and what could adversely affect it. some women inadvertently make themselves far less attractive by accentuating things they like about themselves, but isn't necessarily physically appealing to the opposite sex.

the other concern of cosmetics is the effect it can have on ones complexion and that they can inadvertently make themselves dependent on it (ex cover-up clogging pores even worse, increasing the need all the more). though the higher quality stuff usually isn't as much of a concern, not everyone does their research and it becomes a problem at times.

a key rule of thumb to keep in mind is "less is better". it's the rule most professionals in the make-up industry stand by. for the majority of women, men will find you more appealing that way.
 60to70
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/1/2010 11:37:30 PM
Did any of the women on this thread hear the men's comments? Apparently not. Beauty is always more than skin deep. For sure.
 womaninblack
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/2/2010 12:54:14 PM

I agree with this. Tattoo's are a huge no no in my books.

Plus, if she looks good with no make up then why bury herself in make up?

And what if her tatoos were make up, such as eyebrow or eyeliner!

I've seen it, if done properly it's subtle and effective.... always done up!
 MisterDynomite
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2010 3:26:27 PM

And what if her tatoos were make up, such as eyebrow or eyeliner!

I've seen it, if done properly it's subtle and effective.... always done up!

Nope! still a deal breaker!

As long as it's inked on.............................................

Tattoo's are a huge no no in my books.

Email Tom Now
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/3/2010 8:32:21 AM
like a little gravy on mashed potatos, like a little garlic on chicken, like a dab of perfume behind the ear, makeup should be used to ENHANCE NOT COVER UP OR OVERWHELM.

what's really funny is when i see a woman who is naturally very beautiful trowel on the covergirl and the maybelline in an effort to become even more beautiful.

example....

Kim Kardashian

she does not trowel it on but there's more than she needs there and you can tell that she'd look great without half that much.

don't care for au natural. a sensible amount. if you have acne or blemishes too much makeup can draw attention to your problem, perhaps even deepen the problem.
 JustAGrlWthACat
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/3/2010 2:11:46 PM
post from 2007:

I never wear make up and often get told that i should do this and do that to my appearance (face wise) but what people forget is that if you are unhappy with the way you look then, no amount of make up is going to change that.

Personally i dont wear make up at all and have never felt the need to. Im comfortable the way i am!

Mrs Pink

I agree.

never worn make up, never will. unless someone can give me a good reason....like future studies show not wearing makeup causes cancerous tumours on the face. Then I would.
But so far, not a single reasonable, or logical, argument can be made to me.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????