Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bunnyBiotch
Msg: 159
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????Page 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Too funny, I just got a message from a guy today asking, "Why all the make up?". I do either or depending on my mood, but as I've gotten older, I definately don't smear it on like I did at 20 :)
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 160
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????
Posted: 8/18/2011 4:59:04 AM
^^^^^^^ I can see why he'd THINK that, but I don't get why he'd take the time to SAY it! I'd just move on...

I definitely prefer less make-up! Anytime every feature is very defined and contrasted it starts to look paint-by-number...

I did a first meet with a woman who was very nice, we got along well, but she looked like she had a mask on...I couldn't get past it. It was so thick that it had texture and her whole face was a different color than her neck and the rest of her skin. It looked silly.
 happybunny8
Msg: 161
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????
Posted: 8/18/2011 5:04:38 AM
Bunny, I think you look much better without the defined eyeliner. Your first pic is great and I like the lashes.

I've never been a fan of defined eyeliner and I think I was in the minority in high school who didn't wear that stupid blue eyeliner (80's).
 Possessions
Msg: 162
Posted: 8/18/2011 6:54:20 AM
I think less is better. It's nice to put a little make-up on when you go out, especially at night so that it enhances some of your features but rarely will you see me wear make-up during the day. I believe just doing my hair and cleaning my face is good enough.

If some guy doesn't agree well then he can kiss my a**! lol
 bunnyBiotch
Msg: 163
Posted: 8/18/2011 8:22:17 AM
Like I said I thought it funny, weird someone would just message me that....

The eyeliner pics were from going out and when I wasn't tan.... Tan makes everything better!lol It's definately not my normal makeup..... But my lashes, they are a must, feel naked w/out em!!
 getdrunk1990
Msg: 164
view profile
History
 ClaireChristine
Msg: 165
Posted: 8/22/2011 11:11:24 PM
Yes makes me laugh when I read that men prefer the ""natural look"". They mean I think, not too heavily trowelled on so it is too obvious....Most men would not look twice at most of us unmade up and a "bright lip colour and eye colour is fun to wear as well as enhancing. It is a way to express ourselves and to blend in with our clothing etc. I have always enjoyed wearing make up and it makes me feel more confident.
 ClaireChristine
Msg: 166
Posted: 8/22/2011 11:14:07 PM
I always find it an anomaly that tanning makes us look better when it is just that the skin cells are in trauma trying to defend against sun cancer.... I wonder how many of us would do it, if it actually hurt??? THe black cultures venerate light complexions whilst white caucasians venerate a darker complexion.... Really ironic...
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 167
Posted: 8/23/2011 11:33:18 AM
the older u get..the more the broads gotta put on..its a fact of life...
 JWS1974
Msg: 168
Posted: 8/24/2011 12:14:44 AM
As stated before, it depends on the woman. Typically a little eyeliner and some lip gloss is all that is really required.
 CopperCountry
Msg: 169
Posted: 8/26/2011 8:24:19 PM
Natural is the way to go!
 Sydney0475
Msg: 170
Posted: 8/27/2011 12:07:05 AM
I don't neccessarily think that the amount is the biggest factor in "wearing too much" as is both the application and the colours.

Smokey brown liner in the same place and amount as a bright blue or straight black liner is so different! Actually I think any harsh line - eyes or lips regardless of the colour - can age a woman.

And dark or bright lips can be aging as well, soft is key as we get older!!!

I think a base when applied right is important as well. I don't use a lot but there are plenty of products that will smooth a complection without giving a "mask".
 ticka
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 12:53:11 PM
i personally think it all depends on where you are going... normally less is more, and more makes you look like a hooker, so if it looks like you don't have any on, but accentuates your features, then good for you... if you want to look glamourous and make an impression, sometimes more is good, but don't put so much on that it looks like you put your make up on with a spatula!
 countryshorty31
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:05:29 PM
I never wore make-up growing up. My daughter tried to get me into at least lipstick, but I didn't like it. Either it comes off too easily or I have to scrub until half my skin is off as well. Regardless, I can't stand stuff like that on my face. I don't see the need to cover myself up just to attract a guy. If he doesn't like me the way I am, then he is not for me. If he expects me to wear some, he should too. lol I hate double standards.
 voschi
Msg: 173
Posted: 8/27/2011 10:19:39 PM
for older women less is more..for y0unger women the more natural looking the better...
 spdrcr09
Msg: 174
Posted: 8/28/2011 8:55:52 AM
I have always been more attracted to women with less makeup. Even if a girl that looks like she could be a super model with tons of makeup is standing next to an "average next door" girl with little or no makeup, I'd be more inclined to talk to the girl next door.
 loving39
Msg: 175
Posted: 8/28/2011 7:49:07 PM
I have 4 sisters and I am sure they use make-up but you can never tell,so I would say most guys and a lot of women think you should not even notice when a woman has make-up on,natural is fine but a little make-up is nice.
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 176
Posted: 8/28/2011 8:28:11 PM
I've never worn makeup, and really I just can't imagine a good reason I'd ever feel I want to. I just don't like the stuff.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 177
Posted: 8/28/2011 8:34:04 PM
Its a individual thing, Ive seen women that wears little to no make up and believe me they don't need it, they have a natural beauty about them.

Then there are the types that needs the make up, and some that cakes it on with a spatula and if you see them without it , you're like running over to the Catholic church begging Father Joe to give you his Holy Water, Cross and holy chalk so you can draw a circle around yourself at night and you tell the woman " hey this holy ground and you cannot enter this is a swamp donkey free zone.
 ekw1234
Msg: 178
Posted: 8/31/2011 7:06:14 PM
Oh who cares, everyone will do whatever they feel like and some will like it and others won't. I personally don't care what guys say they like, I just do what I feel like at the time. If I feel confident then that is all there is to it.
 PamTx2011
Msg: 179
Posted: 8/31/2011 7:51:49 PM
I like just basic lipstick with lipstick...Don't like thick makeup... Natural look is the way to go...(with light foundation, eye liner and lipstick)
 mlantz1980
Msg: 180
Posted: 9/7/2011 5:34:18 AM
I prefer a more natural look on a woman. Highlight your key areas if you must, but dont paint your face on. JMO
 Bucketlist099
Msg: 181
Posted: 9/7/2011 7:10:22 PM
A little dab will do you. Really, the real natural thing is best. But, if you are self conscious about a blemish, fine cover it up. But, when I kiss a woman, I would really rather kiss her lips and not a layer of waxy goop. Real lips feel much better. A real face is also feels much nicer on your lips. Heavy makeup is a bygone era as far as I'm concerned and should stay that way.
 trueone_692000
Msg: 182
Posted: 9/7/2011 8:50:38 PM
LOVE THE ALL NATURAL THE BEST
 ShamelessScotian
Msg: 183
Posted: 9/11/2011 10:59:35 AM
Honestly,IMHO,if you have to plaster so much make-up on that the real you looks nothing like the 'made-up' you,then you have more to hide than a plain-jane face.
A little make-up can go a long way and a lot of make-up doesnt go very far.
We men can appreciate the effort you ladies take to make yourselves look good for us,but how about you ASK US instead of assuming we're gonna be disappointed if you don't go 'clown-shoes' for a date.
Simplicity can be the most fun and the most easy-going.
A woman who puts a little eye-liner,lil lipstick and some foundation on is a helluva lot more easy going than one who puts her make-up on with the 'Tammy Faye Baker Industrial Paint Sprayer' because we can see more of the real you and it isnt as unsettling or intimidating
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >