Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Le Roi
Msg: 65
Are there any nice guys left? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

I am so confused. I am in a relationship right now, but I want a guys oppinion on how to break up with him. He's a truck driver and is gone for 18 days at a time. Its hard to make a relationship work. When he is out, he doesn't call me that much. I can't take it anymore. If I am going to be with someone, I need them to communicate with me and he's not doing that. I want to eventually get married and have kids, and he doesn't want either of that. Sometimes, I feel like I am wasting my time with him. I love the time that we do have together, when we're not arguing. I don't know what to do anymore. I want to find someone that I can spend the rest of my life with and I just don't think thats going to happen. I don't think Mr. Right is out there. I keep meeting a ton og Mr. Wrong's though. Help.

Hmmm, sounds like we are in a similar canoe Ms. Right does not exist in my life. That's why I am divorced twice and am continually single. Too bad you are in Kansas and not BC
 browneyedgirl65
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Are there any nice guys left? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/2005 10:38:01 PM
Hey Kansas: Nice name by the way. Ever watched the movie Coyete Ugly, just from that I get... you know, you're pretty young, at 22 if you are woried you won't find your true love then honey, my hope is all gone....the point here is...you do what is right for you...and you will definitely know when you have had enough..the reason I say this actually comes from some experience, not mine...but borrowed...lol....I will tell the story, if you choose to read that is up to you....my friend, she put her man through all the training to be a truck driver...took out a loan and everything..which she is still payin.....same thing as you....but then she got it... unfortunately after her honey lost his liscense and couldn't drive anymore, before the loan got paid off...one day..like I said to her...one day, enough will be enough and you will know....You will know too....relationships are not made up of arguements, not that they are not part of it but they are not the part you remember first....hon, you have alot of years to find what is right for you...don't settle...be true to you....Take it easy. ok.
 veni vedi vici
Msg: 71
advice
Posted: 12/15/2005 3:04:44 PM
these things take time sweetie just hang on.....
 bluemystery
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2005 4:14:37 PM
Lonely in kansas...better to ignore 9000...responding gives him fuel to continue with his unreasonable remarks.
 :
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2005 8:53:12 PM
So yet again where are all the nice guys, eh?

That one is easy, they are playing video games in their mothers basement. Hahahah…

Seriously the nice guys, by that you mean non-jaded, and non-whiney? Answer is just as simple…

Married.
 :
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Are there any nice guys left? HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/18/2005 9:46:31 AM
nope nope nope, they are all gone, I killed them and ate their brains to gain their powers of seduction...

Honestly can you trust a guy that has to tell you he is nice?

By the way to the person who started this thread, I am sorry to hear that, trucking is rough on relationships, I am not sure what to say, sorry...

If you want my advice, it would have to be, break up with him quickly and clearly, honestly, guys appreciate it when you are definitive, tell him what ever he needs to hear but make it clear that it is over, he will respect you more for it. Oh and do not suggest you remain friends, if you want to be his friend display that with actions, (this guy, like me (and most men) is not a big phone talker obviously) actions not with words, in my experience the biggest post break up friendship killer is the "lets just be friends" (or LJBF for short) speech.

oh and sugar, I don't think your crazy, crazy in love maybee, it is admirable that you have stuck it out despite the obvious difficulties you must face.
 Legoman2
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2005 12:53:21 PM
so here's my 2 pennies:

i to am a truck driver who is gone 5-14 days at a time... honest opinon(spellin?)..

..... he's not worth it...
now, i'm in the same situation as u(sort of), i'm finding that no matter what time of year it is u need to do whats best for u, take care of u first, he's a taker, not a giver.
most guys, the good one's , would make EVERY effort to keep in contact with u while there on the road, that is if they care about ya, there's no excuse if they say "i dont have time to chat or call u"
bulls**T.. ummm.. payphone?
may your heart heal and u find unconditional love and friendship.
t.care.GBjavascript:smilie('')
 mogrl
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/18/2005 6:35:29 PM
crawl under a rock and make him leave you??? Sounds like he already left you .....
 Legoman2
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2005 6:36:17 PM
hope it goes as best as it possibly can.
 GGIIANT
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/19/2005 9:00:14 AM
FIRST OFF FOR MOST OF THE RESPONSES I HAVE SEEN I KNOW THEY ARE NOT TRUCK DRIVERS I AM HAVING THE SAME SITUATION MYSELF I STAY GONE 62 DAYS AT A TIME DRIVING IS ONE OF THE LONLIEST UNHEALTHFUL BUT PROSPEROUS CAREERS THERE IS HES GONE 18 DAYS AT A TIME JUST SITTING BEHIND A WHEEL OF A TRUCK DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA SOME OF THE THOUGHTS THAT GOES THROUGH HIS MIND WHILE DRIVING FOR 10 HOURS AT A TIME THE SAME THOUGHTS THAT YOU GOT WHILE YOUR AT HOME FOR THOSE 18 DAYS. BUT I BET YOU DONT HAVE ANY FINANCIAL PROBLEMS HUH HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN SAY THAT. DATING A DRIVER IS HARD I KNOW I HERE COMPLAINTS ALL THE TIME BUT YOU SHOULD HERE SOME OF THE HORROR STORIES THAT ARE TOLD ABOUT WHAT SOME DRIVERS RUN ACROSS WHEN THEY GET HOME. IT WOULD BRING TEARS TO YOUR EYES. SUM IT UP HES GOING TO SEEM AGITATED JUMPY LASHING SOMETIMES THATS JUST THE EVERYDAY STRESS THAT COMES ABOUT BEING A DRIVER AND THAT IS WHY HE DOESNT CALL YOU EVERYDAY BECAUSE HE CARES (CRAZY HUH) LOOK INTO HIS EYES WHEN HE COMES HOME THOUGH EVEN BRASH AND OVERBEARING AS WE SEEM IF HE LOVES YOU YOU CAN SEE IT. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE FINANCIAL SUPPORT AND LOVE. WITH ALL GOOD THERE IS GOING TO BE SOME BAD. THAT IS FROM A MAN/DRIVER PROSPECTIVE MR. CONSISTENT SIGNING OFF.
 pitmyster
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2005 6:04:52 PM
Well i'm one of those nice guys but i keep getting the not so nice girls, is there any trusting women left out there??????????????????????? if so please find me lol
 uneekguy
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/27/2005 11:51:02 AM
BOY1...I keep hearing this story over and over. "I've had a ton of relationships and always pick Mr. Wrong"! Well....did it ever occur to you that there's a common denominator in all your relationships?...mainly....yourself? Maybe you ought to take a step back and analyze yourself....that very well may be the problem!
 hk165
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/11/2006 7:43:51 PM
I can understand the lonliness factor but i have questions for you. What has changed? Anything? Is he going to take a local job so you can be with him? If the answer is no then think about what you are doing. Good luck, Bill
 lexus430
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/13/2006 12:23:28 PM
he probably has other women if he doesn`t contact you when he`s on the road, just tell him to"keep on truckin"
 hk165
Msg: 101
Posted: 1/13/2006 1:02:10 PM
Well Ill be damned. This is great I hope. I will say that if he has a commercial license he can get work locally anytime. My brother is a local driver and even though he could make more money doing the long haul he wont so he can be with his wife and kids. Good luck, Bill
PS let us know how it goes.
 palmer f
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 10:33:25 AM
Why is going to take you a month or so to break up? Are you in situation where you aren't to make it on your own at the moment?
 Ron9
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/24/2008 5:55:25 PM
Talk loud ......... she has been gone for 2.5 years.

lonely_in_kansas 22
-

User closed account Apr 24 2006 1:39PM
 HazeDaze
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 6:10:12 PM
Kenny Rogers has a song that goes "Know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em" Well, take my advice...FOLD 'EM
 Itsascandal
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/24/2008 6:21:52 PM
He is a truck driver? Yikes.
 boggie1984
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 6:28:43 PM
Hi, I am sorry for the decision that you have to make. This guy is using you as a door mat, when he is home you are there. When he is gone he never answers the cell to you and to me that ought to tell you a great deal about him and what his desires are. I am sorry but I think he probably has plenty of girl friends on his long hauls. He has already said he does not want marriage or children and you have expressed that is what you want. If you live with him pack your things and leave when he is not there and do not go back as he has no compassion for you or he would be checking in with you when he is on the road. Cut your losses and move on. Remember our parents see things that we do not, rely on their thoughts and opinions now, they do love you unconditionally. Good luck
 mitchchan
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/20/2008 4:19:30 PM
Maybe they're hiding under a rock? Just kidding...
It depends on what your definition of a nice guy is...

If he has a good personality, treats his mother or sister really well, and would treat you like gold is what it means to be a nice guy...

If you do get him, don't let him ever out of your sight...

It is hard to find good genuine people out there. True friendship is hard to find these days.
 smileee4u
Msg: 126
Posted: 12/27/2008 4:50:11 PM
Are ther any nice guys left? They are all in the military.
 ThatsNOTmybaby
Msg: 127
Posted: 12/28/2008 1:58:36 AM
Yes... there are some left BUT they refuse to SETTLE (for drama and BS)! Nice guys aren't weak, soft or accepting of females past drama (in some cases)! I just hope the women that are looking for a "nice" guy is TRULY deserving of one..
 sonofabiscuit2
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Treated like a lady
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:05:30 AM
original post was Posted: 12/12/2005 1033 AM. Wow this is a really long time to discuss nice guys.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >