Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How to help the guy who seems to attract single mothers...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Diggy03
Msg: 22
view profile
History
How to help the guy who seems to attract single mothers...Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I wonder just how far that foot of yours is going into your mouth....
 amazonian chick
Msg: 23
How to help the guy who seems to attract single mothers...
Posted: 12/13/2005 12:27:03 PM
what was suppose to change UV? I hope you dont believe we were trying to convince you to date single moms?!?....nothing could be further from the truth...

And Carol was very correct in her summary of what I said...and anything can happen. Not just failures of marriage...can be death of a partner...which would still make a person into a single parent x

Make mine a Baileys on the rocks lol
 Carol27
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/13/2005 12:30:29 PM
Hmmmm, I think I would like a peach snops with orange juice....thanks Universe!

After this thread, I really do need a drink!
 Carol27
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/13/2005 12:33:16 PM
It has become clear that no matter what someone says it is going to be taken to mean that "all" of "them" are that way. How about we all agree that every situation is different?

and yes, it is all a matter of "preference"....no one is knocking anyone for that.
 Carol27
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/13/2005 12:43:04 PM
Awwww, thanks Cute Chica! I wish all people understood all of what you said.
 Angel Eyes_Sassy Mouth
Msg: 27
Posted: 12/13/2005 1:23:19 PM
Well...I just have to give my two cents here and reply to this one!! I see you are from Canada...maybe theres nothing but single women with kids there.....Don't know... Anyhoo...theres nothing wrong with us single mothers with kids.....why you think you need help as you say is beyond me...to not attract women with kids .....we are a rare find!! Maybe it just comes out that you still need mothering? Who knows..... Personally from looking at your pic and your profile i know i wouldnt date you...just my preference... And i am a single mother...keep looking im sure theres someone out there for you......
 TheGoon
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/13/2005 1:30:03 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but you seem like a "Large" guy. Don't know what you currently look like since your profile states your pic is a couple years old. However, after a woman has children, typically her hormones go haywire and eventually homeostasis is acheived again, but at elevated estrogen/testosterone levels. (hence, some women get hair on thier face after child birth *I SAID SOME!*) However, with this comes the ever more prevelant "want" for a MAN, a protector, someone who they feel can comfort them in a time of trouble.

I was a biology major with a minor in Kinesiology. So your going to get scientific answers from me.
 Dark Scorpion
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2005 8:08:22 PM
wow... I wasn't expecting all of this... thanks for those who offered their opinions/advice...
 FORUMS
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/18/2007 9:01:00 PM
UNIVERSE 777
I AGREE WITH WHATEVER YOU SAY. YES, ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS BUT UNFORTUNATELY A LOT OF PEOPLE OVER LOOK IT. THEY ALSO OVERLOOK THEIR INSTINCT.
I have a friend who is a single mother with a 10 yrs old son. Most of the time, she will left her son at home alone while she overnite at her lover's house. After being with him for 2 years, one night he beat her up and raped her, just because she didn't want to have sex with him due to she felt he didn't truly love her. She phoned me for help. So I helped her pack some of her stuff, and moved back to where she and her 10 years old son lived. Four months later, she was back with him, again. I realized that some women will defend/protect their LOSER LOVER if they are back with them. The only time they accept the truth about their LOSER LOVER is when they really move on. Finally I have to help her to find a boyfriend for her so she can move on. I also realized some women can only move on when they find a new boyfriend, the same with some men, too. Some people cannot live on their own, they need someone. They don't enjoy being on their own...very sad.
If I have doubt in a relationship, I will never marry him. I know what is love cause my parents have everlasting LOVE so is all my relatives and siblings. So far there is no divorce in my families.
 FORUMS
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/18/2007 9:12:45 PM
Universe777
There are too many single parents out there, only few of us (single with no children)are around ....... so there will be alot of bashing around....if we voice out our opinion.
 HikingFitGuy
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/19/2007 5:13:50 AM
I have nothing against single parents,

however, I couldn't get involved in a relationship with one, as I have no interest in someone elses child. It would be unfair on the child if I was in a relationship with a single mother because of this.

If I was a single father, then I would be prepared to date a single mum as I would now be in the same position and able to relate better.

If I don't meet a woman to have my own kids with one day, then I'll accept that its life, and just use the time and money I would have spent on raising children to travel more and have a great, active lifestyle with plenty of fun hobbies.
 orchidtigress
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/19/2007 7:41:41 AM
Could be the places you go, but could also be you are just getting older so chances that women will already have children is more likely.
 FORUMS
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/19/2007 6:23:15 PM
HikingFitGuy, I agree with what you wrote.
I don't date single dad because I am not a single mother. If I was a single mother, I would understand single dad more. If I was a single mother, I would compromise with him cause I would have the same problem and baggages as him. I couldn't accuse him of seeing his ex because I would be seeing mine. I couldn't accuse him of spending his/our money on his children because I would be spending on my children. I wouldn't accuse his children of messing our house and cleaning after them cause my children would do the same things, too. I wouldn't accuse of him on spending so much time of his children cause I would be spending a lot of time with mine. When he disciplined my children, I would discipline his, too. So we both would have the same share of problems and baggages. If I am a step mother with no children, I am sure his children will be waiting to inherit my assets. which I will be giving them to my blood-relatives. If I married a single father, half of his paycheque will go to his child support and alimony while all my pay cheque will go to our house hold to support him and the children, unless he makes more than 100k per year or a millionaire, then he would not need my help. I agree some single mothers will support the LOSER S by giving him shelter, food, expenses, clothing....That is what happened to my girl friend who is a single mother. She supports the LOSER LOVER while he mooches at home. He is a moocher.
So we all smart singles with no children should marry single parents who have more than enough to support their own established families, and not marry single parents who barely have enough to take care of themselves and the children. By the way, we have to think twice of being an instant parent if we marry someone who has already have established family.
okay, this post is on single mothers, but whatever I wrote is also related to single fathers...
 that sam i am
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/20/2007 1:27:26 AM
just say that you are bringing one to the table and you expect the same.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How to help the guy who seems to attract single mothers...